Marriage is Murder - Page 90
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 90 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 90 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 90 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 pm

"I expect you to help," Edward said. "But first things first. Make sure you've double checked every nook and cranny on these grounds. Get security prepared for dealing with a werewolf that size. They need to know at least how to keep themselves alive. We'll do the defensive stuff first. The offensive will take time to put together. I'll be back. You all have work to do."

Edward went upstairs and found Brian staring out the window. Khaat was in a half doze. Edward saw the clear evidence of the sheer brutality in all the bruises and in the battering she had taken from the beast. Edward went over to Brian. "She's lucky to be alive at all," Edward said softly, uncorking the bottle and handing it to Brian. Brian took it and took such a long drag off the bottle that Edward took it away from him. "Slow down, Lad," Edward said. "You suck that all up in one gulp, and we wont' be able to talk to you for a week at least."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Jack nodded " yes sir" He kissed Jess on her cheek and Steven and Jim all left for the guard house and to check the grounds. Cassidy and Jess stayed with archangel and Robert. Jess moved to Angus

" OK is there anything you need me to do? we need to keep things going as normal for the kids as best we can. "She said hoping to shift every ones mind back to normal duties again. Cassidy headed up to the nursery checking every one was sleeping soundly now. Jack headed to the guard house where he found a young man explaining to him at first the boy thought he was joking but the look on Jacks face made him change his mind and he ran to tell the others . Steven moved with Jim around the grounds checking that nothing remind of the wear and he had left nothing behind as a marker.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Edward spent a great deal of time talking with Brian to de-escalate his anger from him. Khaat was in a half doze most of the time. Edward was figuring the other half of her was just in shock of some level or another. Edward was gone about an hour before he came back.

"He's better," Edward told him. "He now understands the fight in front of him, and he's chosen. Live or die, he stands with her."

"Did you think he wouldn't?" Robert asked.

"He doesn't realize that our werewolf already left a marker. One that is going to be hard to erase. When he violated her."

"Oh, God," Robert sighed, not having thought about that. "He did indeed. She is, herself, the marker."

"For now," Edward said. "Yes. It won't last. Given 48 hours or so, if your spell holds, his efforts will no longer be viable. But for the next 48 hours, wherever she goes, he can find her and, if your protection grid does not hold around her, he can go right to her. I would suggest you gear up. His best chance of coming to claim his bride with the most ease must come in the next 48 hours--and could come at any time in that timespan. After that, he has to start all over again."

"Then if we go to war, we go to war," Robert said. "There is no other option."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Jack and Steven walked back in hearing Edwards words " sir when are we not geared up " he told him" we're always ready to fight for our family " he said as Jess moved to stand with him.

"That bastard will not enter this house wile we live" she said her own anger showing a little as she spoke to him her eyes seeming to flash as she spoke, inside she knew what it was to be used against her will her own feelings flooded back but now she was stronger and in control. " Edward , sir we will not let her down all of us " she said and Cassidy walked down to stand with them and nodded .

" Roberts right , we train for this every day of our lives" he told Edward " united we stand divided we fall, together we're strong" he said folding his arms across his chest.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:18 pm

"You have one weak link," Edward cautioned.

"Khaat herself," Robert said.

"Indeed. She is not thinking well, no should she be expected to. its the reason you sedated her. However, if she has a choice bbetween allowing you to put your lives all on the line for hers, I am very sure she would undermine you all before you could blink," Edward said.

"And binding her magic leaves her totally vulnerable," Robert sighed.

"No," Edward said. "Not 100%. But she is stripped down to one weapon if you do that."

"The stone," Robert said.

"Yes. I think it didn't defend her before because I truly don't believe he was in werewolf form when he attacked her. If he had been, he would surely be dead right now. That suggests to me he has some background knowledge of the stone. You must go into this with the presumption that somehow he may know something of the stone and how it works, however he has it. there was no other reason for him to be in human form when he clearly prefers the werewolf form. But, you do need to decide how you're going to guard her for the next 2 days."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:31 pm

They all stood listening to Edward and all nodded they agreed. "We can't have her doing that " Jack said his arms folded across his chest as he listened again to Robert and Edward talking. " That would mean hes been told it hurts wears or hes seen it work and knows, he is ether smart or just has informed spys. " He told edward he listened more as Edward spoke to Robert again about how they were going to guard against him once again.

"I'm guessing double patrols and guards on the perimeter along with strengthening the shield and spells every two hours, but I'm also guessing Brian won't let Khaat out of his sight for that long ether." Jim said to Edward.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:36 am

"I was rather thinking a bit differently," Edward said.

"Do tell," Robert said, intrigued.

"I presume you would prefer to keep this estate and especially the house safe, without a breech."

"I would," Robert said.

"Thenk let is go to someplace with her, since he can find her anyway, that is not unplottable. Why waste a perfectly good unplottable spell?"

"And go where?"

"It is not as if she is not well known," Edward said. "She has some fame of her own for her posts."

"Are you saying we lure that bastard into my hospital?" Robert frowned.

"Well, there or the ministry," Edward shrugged. "Put a tent in the middle of Diagon Alley and a neon sign over it for all I care."

"My daughter has been battered into a pulp and you want me to make bait out of her? Have you lost your mind?"

"Do you have a better strategy to keep her safe?" Edward asked calmly to soothe her father's jangled nerves. Robert paused for a moment, his mind strategizing, planning.

"No," Robert finally said, looking at him.

"It has merit," Michael said. "If you want to keep something safe, you do it best by keeping it in plain sight."

"Agreed," Robert said. "But Brian is going to come apart at the seams if we do this."

"No," Edward said. "He won't. I did not waste a perfectly good bottle of firewhiskey without purpose. He knows we have to do something very different."

"And the kids?"

"They're used to being away from their parents for weeks at a time. Let me make a suggestion. Let's send them in the least likely place we can think of."

"I'm all ears," Robert said.

"I think we need to send them all to spend a few days playing in the Swiss Alps behind compound walls."

"You want me to send my grandchildren to Jeffrey?" Robert asked.

"For two days. Yes," Edward said. "The place is a vulnerable fortress. It is nearly as safe as the Hogwarts castle itself."

"That is not a comforting comparison," Robert said, knowing how many times the castle had been breeched.

"Ah, well, poor choice of words," Edward said.

"Jeffrey's would be secure," Michael said. "But be careful in picking your location for Khaat. He knows she's hurt. Too public and it will be obvious what you're doing. Too private and you might as well not move her at all."

"Do you have a suggestion?" Robert asked.

"I will have," Michael said. "Give me a few minutes for a cup of tea, and I'll come back with a suggestion. Brian is okay with her that long?"

"Yes," Robert said. Michael headed to the kitchen for a mug of tea and a chance to think.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Jack , Jim, Steven and Jess listened to the conversation every one having there own thoughts about the idea but none said anything as they all agreed this man wear had to be stopped once and for all. Jess helped in the kitchen readying everything " we'll help pack the kids enough things that they won't want for anything but knowing Jeffrey he'll make sure they have everything they could want " she said and looked at Robert wondering if he would actually go with Edwards plan with Brian and Khaat in such an emotional state even Jess could pick up Brian was emotionally a wreak
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 pm

"Thank you," Robert said. "Will one of you send word to Jeffrey and make sure he's alright taking care of so many children on virtually no notice?"

"What do you think Michael will come up with?" Kate asked.

"I have no earthly idea," Robert said.

It was nearly 30 minutes later when Michael came back in, and he had Lee with him.

"Lee?" Rbert frowned.

"I understand you need a rather special strategic place for a couple days," Lee said.

"We do," Robert said.

"I have just the place."

"And if it doesn't survive?" Robert asked.

"No harm, no foul," Lee said. "The muggles think its a piece of useless land. Outside appearances aren't everything as you well know. You'll be rather remote, but..."

"Remote is good," Robert said.

"You will accept my help, though, right?" Lee asked.

"You like fighting werewolves?"

"Meh," Lee shrugged. "Another day, another monster. Its all the same to me."

"This one is a half giant werewolf hybrid."

"So, he's a big monster. So what? You in?"

Robert hesitated. "Yeah," he finally said. "We're in."

"You need medical equipment for Khaat?"

"No. I'll bring all we need."

"How soon can you be ready?"

"Give us an hour to pack and set up security for while we're gone?"

"I'll wait. I presume you Brits know how to make coffee."

"You know we do," Robert said. "Jim, go arrange security please with the men outside and with the men at my farm. The rest of you go pack."

"I'll go talk with your boy," Edward said. "If we're hunting big monsters, you're not going to the States without me. Are we going to someplace warm, Lee?"

"Hardly," Lee laughed. "Dress for chilly fall temperatures. No tropics where we're going."

"Figures," Edward sighed, heading upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Jess and Cassidy headed up the stairs to the nursery as they packed the things for the children while Jack and Steven made sure the area was secure and returned " all done, hey Lee" said Jack and he nodded turning to show him the bandage. "Hes a mean mother that one" he said and sat down waiting. Jim walked down from checking the house and nodded to Lee and Robert to tell them all was locked and quiet. He picked up a book and shrunk it knowing it may well be along night and several days to come but once it was over he knew there would be one less monster on the planet.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 90 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 95 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top