Marriage is Murder - Page 89
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 89 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 89 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:58 am

Brian didn't waste time after he had returned to the house. He strode upstairs, still a man on a mission. He stormed up the stairs to the bedroom and shut himself inside. Robert soon followed. He already had much too much of an idea of what had happened to his daughter. But he found that Brian's charmed banned even him from the bedroom.

"Undo the spell, Brian," Robert commanded. There was no response. He asked a second time and a third And then he merely drew his wand and fired the counterspell. It caused such a loud roaring as he blew Brian's spell apart, that it sounded like the entire house had exploded. Downstairs, the kids in the play room screamed in terror.

"Great," Kate sighed, still working on Archangel. "Someone's gone and pissed Robert off." It took quite a lot to make Robert that angry, and Kate knew it. The last she remembered of Robert being that angry, he'd ended up with more than enough firewood to last the winter.

"I would say that he's figured out why Brian sealed the bedroom door from all of us," Michael said calmly.

And he had. He went into the bedroom and didn't see either of them. But he heard water running in the bathroom. The door was open. He walked over to the door. He saw Brian, sitting in his clothes, on the floor of the running shower, and Brian was holding Khaat who was sitting on the floor, curled up in the corner, her face buried in her hands, her clothes lying on the floor. They were nothing but bloody tatters. The shower water was running red with blood. Her blood. He could see she was battered and bloody. And completely ashamed and humiliated. Brian glanced up at Robert, and the look that passed between them confirmed to Robert all he needed to know. And it also told Brian that Robert wasn't going to leave until he had made sure that Khaat was seen to and taken care of. For now, Khaat needed the world to pause just a moment.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Jess looked at Kate as Robert disappeared up the stairs followed by a loud crash Cassidy dove up to the nursery to settle the children down while she and Kate staid with Archangel keeping him alive. Jess took a sharp breath in a she suddenly felt the rush of emotions from above she looked at Kate wondering if she felt it too. "You don't think?" she asked softly one hand leaving arch and touching Kate's hand lightly. Jack and Jim returned Jack sat down heavily in a chair while Jim placed a cold cloth on his temple.

"Thanks Jim" he said as his head throbbed he saw the look on Jess's face and sighed knowing something really bad had happened and things were about to get worse.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:58 pm

"Yes," Kate said softly, with as little emotion as she could muster. "Consider. When was the last any of you ever saw Brian totally lose control for no reason? Never. Not ever. When has Brian or anyone ever sealed her off even from all of us? When has Robert been so determined to get to his child that he was willing to blow apart one of our own protection grids to get to her? What made him more angry than he has been in over a decade? I don't see any other reason."

"God," Michael sighed heavily. "Who the hell was he?"

"I don't know if we know," Kate said.

"He's a werewolf," Edward said, entering. "I've just been out to the barn. I saw werewolf hair and smelled filthy wet dog out there. And, if I know my werewolves, and I think I do, I think he's falling back on some common law marriage ritual. I think he now thinks he owns her. I think he believes she's married to him. I don't think his pack regards human marriage law but considers their own sacred. I think he thinks he has far ore right to her than Brian does. If that is the case, then the danger to Khaat just went up significantly. Particularly if there is any chance she could get pregnant from him."

"Robert will never let that happen," Kate said fiercely. "Not for one fraction of a second."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 am

Jess sat quiet as Kate spoke then spoke her self " never , in the time I have known Khaat has he ever done that " she said she glanced up towards Khaat room then to Edward as he too spoke. " that's sick , that's totally sick. " she said her anger showing as she fought her own emotions to keep them in check so she could focus on healing Archangel she heard Kate and nodded " I agree Robert can stop anything like that happening" she said and looked at Kate " Can't he?" she asked then she spoke again " it would send Khaat over the edge if she was ...with his child " Jess shivered as if a cold feeling washed over her mind. She heard Jeffery's voice and took a long deep breath in closing the door in her mind that had opened a little she was not about to let those demons out after working to lock them away.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 pm

"It is well within Robert's abilities to keep her from that," Kate said. "And he will. Not just because it was criminal, but also because none of us know what that bloody stone around her neck would do if that child were a werewolf. We considered that before Remus gave her that stone. But now, Robert has no choice. He has to stop it."

"What makes this jerk think his law supercedes wizarding law?" Angus asked.

"He's clearly taken some of the Greyback philosophy," Edward said. "There are some fringe packs that believe that werewolves are superior to humans. And as such, human laws are beneath theirs. And as such, those fringe packs think that consummation is all a union needs and that it is far more binding that human law. If he believes that, he will be back--over and over and over."

"Well, isn't that a happy little thought?" Michael sighed sarcastically.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Jack laughed out loud at Edwards words " ow so true " he said and stood up walking over " Grayback was nothing but a egotistical bullish wear wolf who knew no different that what hung between his legs his laws were twisted and sick" he said as Jim gave him an ice pack for his temple, Jack winced as he placed it against his still throbbing temple he looked at Jess and Archangel then at Edward again " I hope Robert can stop what ever has happened she doesn't need that, and that innocent would suffer for his...." Jack growled " his incompetence and stupidity " he said as he felt his own anger growing " he belongs where we put him " he saw Jim nod his head.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 pm

"Some are just more animalistic than others," Edward shrugged. "But I did feel Brian's energies. He seems like he just about went off the deep end. I didn't get the feeling that he goes that far very often."

"Never," Kate said. "Not ever."

"I'll have a word with him when the emergency dies down," Edward said. "He's going to need a bit of support. I've seen what those packs can do."

"Thank you," Kate said. Edward took strong strides over to the eagle.

"Allow me," he said gently to Kate. "I can help." Kate moved away for Edward to step in with his own healing skills to help Jess with Archangel.

It was a couple of hours before Robert came back downstairs again.

"She's resting," Robert said to them. "She's somewhat awake, but I have her under enough of a sleep spell to keep her quiet and very sleepy. She'll be alright. Brian is with her, and I dont' expect he's going to leave her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Jack sighed and nodded leaning against a table as hew watched Edward take Kate's place Jess staid sat beside the bird focusing on him. Cassidy came in and tended to Jacks temple placing a temporary bandage on it until Jess could tend to it. Jess looked at Edward " Just tell me what you want me to do" she told him and kept her mind focused on arch and not Khaat's predicament above her. she heard Kate talk of Brian and nodded " I felt that , hes really angry and that's putting it nicely. Jack moved to place his hand on Jess shoulder.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Edward directed Jess step by step and soon they had the bird tended and left him to rest in a conjured nest. "Nice work," he told her. When Robert came down, Edward listened to his report

"And your son in law?" Edward asked.

"He's doing what he always does," Robert said. "He stands with his family, and he does what needs to be done. Right now, his job is with her."

"This new threat," Edward said. "He will keep coming."

"Not for long," Robert said. "He's going to end up very dead. I don't know that I could restrain Brian from going after him even if I wanted to."

"Even as the Minister?" Edward asked, testing Robert.

"I was a father long before I was the Minister. Ministry be damned. My family comes first," Robert said. edward gave him a slight smile, satisfied with his answer.

"Then I presume you won't mind my taking up the task of slowing him down from coming back?"

"Name your price," Robert said quietly, determined. "I want him dead."

"No charge whatsoever," Edward said menacingly. "My pleasure, believe me. Now, can I go see your boy?"

Robert picked up a fresh bottle of firewhiskey and tossed it to him. "You'll need this if you go up."

"I don't," Edward said. "He might, though. Excuse me. Oh, and Robert, check your bird."

"I intend to," Robert said watching Edward head upstairs to see Brian.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Jess did everything she was told and soon breathed out feeling arch was settled and comfortable in his nest. Standing up she moved to Jack checking him she left the bandgae on for now feeling a little weak from giving so much of her energy to Arch. she heard Edward and looked at Jack knowing what he next move would be.

"Edward I'd like to help on that score if Robert will let me" he said and looked at Robert as he threw the bottle of firewhisky at Edward for Brian. Jack sighed feeling he could use some but Jess shook her head at him.

"Nothing but tea for you, if Robert lets you go , stay safe." she told him and he sighed holding her close as he spoke.

" I will when hes dead and our family's safe once more" he told her.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top