Marriage is Murder - Page 96
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 96 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 96 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:09 pm

The rookies blew them off, believing their guests were merely trash talking them. They took it as a challenge. When Jim had led them through the stretches, Brian took his gloves off and took a sip from his waterbottle. He saw Robert walking over towards him.

"You feel like going for a run?" Brian asked.

"As a matter of fact, I believe I do," Robert said. He noticed Kate was already to go, and Edward was putting on a pair of running shoes.

"Well," Brian said to the rookies, "Welcome to our evening workout. We'll start with a short run and return for calesthenics, a bit of time in the pool, and then some tai chi for a cool down. You're welcome to join as much or as little as you like. We always run in pairs, and we leave no one behind. This is about endurance, not speed. Pick a running partner and let's go."

Kate and Edward decided to bring up the rear. Michael went upstairs to be with Khaat, and Robert paired with Brian. Lee ended up paired with Angus and positioned himself at the rear of the pack right in front of Kate and Edward. Brian led the teams downstairs and out into the night air. Without a word, Brian and Robert seemed to just step into an easy stride together, one that the rookies easily thought this was going to be entirely too easy. Brian intended it to be easy at first. They still had the calestenics, the pool, and the tai chi to go. He didn't dare wear them all out right away.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Jack went with Jim as they ran close to Brian and Michael Jim struggling to keep up with Jack but doing quite well . Jack focused on running off his anger at his nephew and what he'd to Khaat and his family. the more he ran the faster he ran leaving Jim some what out of breath behind him . " Hey Jack slow down " he called out as he caught up for the second time. Jack looked around and chuckled.

" what too fast for ya" he said and looked at the rookies " maybe you should run with them " he said and Jim shook his head catching his second wind as they ran.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm

The run lasted long enough that the rookies were starting to think their British guests were just setting them up for this as a prank. When the group got back to the gym, Brian gave them a 2 minute break to rest up and to drink some water. Then he started his own crew on straight calesthenics for strength and toning. The rookies managed to join but they were feeling like Brian was really pushing.

When they finished with that, Brian sent everyone to the pool for 30 minutes, and when that was over, Robert led them in 30 minutes of tai chi to relax with. Brian was immensely proud of his own crew and how well they had all done and kept up, regardless of age.

When the tai chi was done, some of the rookies stretched out on the exercise mats and collapsed into a deep sleep as soon as their heads hit the mats. Lee shook his head, sighing.

"I do need to amp up my training program," he sighed.

"Give them time, Lee," Robert smiled. "This sort of routine takes time to build up to. They did very well actually. You can leave them there if you like."

"Do you do a morning workout?"

"Five am sharp," Robert laughed

"Wake 'em up then," Lee said. " That ought to be a rude awakening. I'm going to join the night patrol. Thanks, Guys! That was fun." He headed outside.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Jack fond the work out refreshing laughing as the rookies fell asleep " if its alright with you Robert I'm going for that swim." He said and chuckled as he passed the tired men and woman on the mat . " huh couldn't keep up hay" he said and chuckled as he headed for the pool. Jess walked in and chuckled trying hard not to laugh.

" ow didn't know this was a slumber party " she said and looked at Robert " Khaat's been fine " she told him and smiled " yes I kept an eye on her while you were out running "
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 pm

"Thank you," Robert told her. "Some of our hosts wore out by the time we were finished. They seem comfortable enough. We'll leave them there. I'm going to check on Khaat but I believe you. I'm sure she's still resting."

Robert and Brian went downstairs and checked on Khaat. Robert checked her carefully while Brian showered. Between the two of them, they decided that she would sleep through the night and there was no need for both of them to be awake. They decided that Robert could go to bed, and Brian would stay with her. Brian promised to call if he needed anything.

The night passed rather uneventfully. Brian went to bed beside Khaat as he always did. Near sunrise, Brian was awakened by hearing werewolf howls. A great many of them. The pack was back and making itself known. It didn't necessarily mean trouble. Brian knew it might only be a warning that they were still nearby. Brian had missed morning work out in his fatigue, but he figured the others were still on it.

But the howling jolted Khaat out of her sleep. She bolted up and out of bed, trying to run. Brian leaped out of bed and caught her. She'd torn dressings and caused bleeding to start again. He had to reassure her repeatedly that she was safe with him before she really heard him. She sank into a heap on the floor, not wanting to cry, but the jolt out of a deep sleep had been overwhelming. He knelt on the floor with her, reassuring her softly and wanting to comfort her enough to help her back to bed. She was at least seeming to recognize him a bit more today. That seemed promising to him. She wasn't so consumed with fear that she wasnt paying attention to who was with her. She was seeing him today, and she knew that, for some reason, she wasn't home. The rest only make sketchy sense yet. But that was better than yesterday.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Jack didn't sleep that night he staid out side sat on the grass as he meditated deeply. the scratch now a scar on his skin he heard the howls and stood up walking inside and up to Khaat's room knocking he entered and saw her on the floor. he knew Brian had her under control and moved to the window looking out " They won't come yet there scared." he told them turning he knelt to face Khaat. " Khaat, they won't get close to you, I will make sure I promise " he said softly to her his eyes showing his determination and sincerity.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:54 pm

She looked at Brian, and Brian nodded. "Let me help you up," he said softly. "Slowly. I'll do the work. I'll lift." He stood up and lifted her to her feet as he stood up. She was clutching him with her fingernails clawing into his arms. He didnt even seem to notice. He held onto her to let her get her bearings.

"Here," he said. "Hold onto Jack for one moment. I'll get your pain potion in a minute." He put her hands onto Jack's arms forearms for a moment. Then he picked up her favorite handpainted white silk robe and wrapped it around her and brushed the tangle of blond hair back from her face. "That's my girl. I'll brush that for you in a second. First things first." He poured her a dose of powerful pain medication and gave it to her. It made her head spin. He had expected that. He brushed her hair out, and that helped. Despite the horrid disfigurement, she was still his Khaat underneath it all. He could see it. She was still there.

"I think we'll go downstairs for a bit this morning, Jack," Brian decided. "Perhaps that little sunroom area off the morning room. We can keep it from getting crowded, can't we? I'm not sure she's ready to be overwhelmed. But some sunshine would do her good, and the view of the woods with all the beautiful fall colors will be pretty there. Can you arrange for someplace comfortable and warm for her to lay? Maybe they've got a chaise lounge. This place is full of antiques. Can you come up with something to make her comfortable a llittlle closer to the rest of us without being tossed into a crowd?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Jack smiled held out his arm he smiled as he stood holding her his hand resting on hers to hold her up. He nodded at Brian's request " I'll make sure she won't be disturbed, you have all the privacy you need " he said looking at Khaat not turning away from her as he looked at her as Brian gave her the pain potion he moved his arm around her as he felt her sway from the potion. " I'll get on that right away " he said He waited until Brian had hold of Khaat again and he stood for a second smiling he left for the sun room. passing a spare room he saw the perfect thing a soft sun lounger upholstered in a soft flower fabric. picking it up he walked down to the sun room much to the surprise of several of Lee's men.

Placing it down he made sure she would get the sun , seeing Steven he asked him to stand guard and not let any one in unless Khaat or Brian said it was alright he then headed back up. " all ready" he said
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm

"Thank you," he said. He had shrunken a number of pillows and blankets and put them in his pocket for her. He helped her downstairs, one slow step at a time. Robert and Kate had just come downstairs when they saw Brian bringing here downstairs. Robert wasn't srue how Brian had gotten Khaat out of bed at al much less downstairs. He was surprised. He didn't say a syllable. He just left that to Brian. He watched him take her to the sunroom area off the morning room and make her comfortable there, including with pillows and blankets.

"Would you both like coffee?" Michael's gentle voice came from the doorway.

"Yes, please. Tell me its french roast," Brian said

"Kona, actually," Michael said. "Breakfast? Its stuffed French toast and fresh fruit."

"Yes, please," Brian said. "She could use a little fuel."

"Yes indeed. Coming right up," Michael said. He brought the coffee and headed back to the kitchen
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Jack followed behind them any one got too close he gave them a look and they backed off , Steven was telling a young rookie they could not use the sun room when he saw Khaat and Brian and he pushed him out of the way. " Its taken find some place else " he told him and the man left . Steven moved to one side to let them past Jack nodded to him and he left now Jack stood at the doorway his arms folded making sure they got the quite and peace they needed . He nodded to Michael as he saw him headed to the Kitchen for the coffee.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top