Marriage is Murder - Page 98
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 98 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 98 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 pm

"I guess I haven't thought about that much," she said. When he took her hair back from Archangel, she was glad not to have that little irritation. "Thanks," she said. "He's just edgy. He's not very patient."

"Eagles aren't, Dear," Kate said. "They want what they want when they want it, and its usually right away. Looks like you did alright on your first time up."

"Thats because I wasn't trying to do it by myself," she said. "Where's Michael?"

"In the kitchen I believe," she said. "Do you need something?"

"Is there any more coffee?" she asked.

"I'll see." She took Archangel from her and put him back on her own shoulder. "You should get off your feet now."

"Maybe so," she said, tired.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Jack sat Khaat back next to Brian " I'll be out side if you need me " he said and headed to stand back at the door letting Steven grab some coffee from the kitchen and sit with Cassidy who was smiling glad to have seen her on her feet . Jim had watched over the top of his book as he had sat facing the door he'd noted some of the new men had watched also but he just chuckled knowing Jack had it in hand. Jess had sat thumbing through a catalogue of art pieces she was looking for pieces to sell in the shop as well as give for Christmas gifts
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Brian made her comfortable again on the lounge and covered her again. And as he did, a new thought struck her.

"Brian," she said very softly. "I can't go home. Not like this."

"What?" he asked, sitting with her. "What are you talking about?"

"I can't let the kids see me like this. It'll terrify them. And they'll never buy my being home and their not being able to see me."

"You're safest in your own home," Brian said very gently. "We'll work something out. They love you."

"Love me? They're not even going to recognize me!" she was upset. Michael walked in at her side with coffee.

"The kids?" he asked, putting the cup down beside her. Brian nodded. "Khaat," Michael said. "There is a potion for just that sort of thing. To disguise the user. The way it works is that the first photograph the user looks at after drinking the potion, they will take that form on for a limited time period. But--it's rarely use because there are so many drawbacks to it. First, its deucedly expensive."

"Cost isn't an obstacle," she said.

"No, not for you. Second, it causes very ,very severe nausea. You probably wouldn't be able to eat much of anything for a 3 or 4 hours the potion was in your system. You're thin enough that your father would see that as a critical consideration."

"What else?" she asked.

"It can alter mood--and not in a positive way. It can cause deep depression or terrible anger or debiitating anxiety. It wears off, of course, when the potion wears off, but, in short for awhile, that's the worst of it. There are someites other iritating things like itchy rashes and other nonsense...."

"How do I get it?" she asked.

"From your father, of course. If you use the black market, which I know you know how to do, this particular potion is often deadly. Your father takes more care in brewing it and not taking ingredient shortcuts to make it cheaper. In the few times I've had to use it, I would never consider buying it from anyone other than him."

"I don't know," Brian said. "Let's keep it as a suggestion but lets look at every alternative we can see before we make a choice."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Steven stood listening to Khaat Brian and Michael he didn't like the idea of the potion but he also didn't like the idea of the kids being scared by not seeing Khaat while she recovered. He looked at Jack who sighed. " its her choice we can't stop her as much as I hate the sound of that potion , it still her choice " He said softly Steven nodded and moved to sit back with Cassidy. Jess walked over to Jack.

" Yes, but is it the right one for her" she said softly " shes thin already from what Michael says she could become ill" Jess looked worried " but ultimately its Roberts decision" she said hoping he would know what they were thinking.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:30 pm

"There are always options," Michael said. "Besides, from what I've seen Abbey is a pretty perceptive child. Do you think there is much of a chance that she won't know something is up? Even a muggle child knows when their parent is not themselves. You might be able to simply do what you've done so far to keep your face covered until you're able to prepare her enough to simply let her see you."

"No," Khaat said quickly. "She can't ever see me like this. Not ever...." She had another thought but she didn't let it leave her lips.

"Don't you go there," Brian said, knowing her thoughts. "Your father understands perfectly well what the course of treatment needs to be. He fully intends on using everything he knows to make sure that it heals completely. And even if we weren't already Lupins, we'd be seeking him out at this point for his expertise, and you know that."

"I do," she said softly.

"Drink your coffee," he said gently to her, not wanting to be angry with her. "I'll be back in a moment. You've got plenty of people just a step or two away."

"I can stay," Michael smiled at her. "Take your time. My dough needs to rest for a bit anyway." He accio'd his tea mug and settled into the chair beside her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Jess looked at Michael and nodded " That they can be" she said softly she stood with Jack who had not moved since that morning. Jim brought him some coffee and then moved to look out the main window over the sea he could see below them.

" seas wrought?" he said noting the waves crashing against the rocks below. Cassidy moved to stand with him.

"There's a storm out at sea ." she said
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Lee saw them looking out the window and he joined them, peering out over the horizon. "Sea storm, huh? Those happen a lot out here. And on this point, this house really gets hit hard sometimes. I was hoping that wouldn't happen for a couple of days, but this is the season for things to blow up in a hurry." He looked at the trees and the way the wind was blowing. "This one's going to blow in right at us before long. I'd better go brace my outdoor crews. You guys need to brace for it. The inside crew will be closing the shutters on the house to protect the window glass, so its liable to get a bit dark. If there is a good thing in it, its that werewolves arent' weather resistant either. Its either going to drive him to try to get in or its going to hold him off for awhile. One of you need to brace Robert or Brian for it. And I think I just saw Brian head out to the back yard. Let's hope he's not going to be blind or silly or both. Excuse me." He headed outside to find his crews.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Steven nodded at Lees words Cassidy went and told Jack who chuckled " yeah he right on that point wears are not weather proof " he said as Cassidy moved to tell Robert about the approaching storm she stood looking at him.

"Lee's gone to tell his out door staff to prepare" she told them as she saw Steven walking around the perimeter and help a young female to close a shutter that kept blowing out of her hands.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 pm

"I'll find Brian," Robert said. "Tell whoever is with Khaat to get her out of that sunroom. That's all glass. They could be cut to ribbons. Get her back to her room. We can close the shutters over her windows, and the bed is away from the windows anyway. You and Jess and Jack get downstairs to the cellar--and it will be just a very rough root cellar--and get some enchantments on it in case we need to move there for shelter for a few hours.. Whatever we all need to survive foul weather. Brian is a survivalist. Get his help if you need it. Or Jim. Jim is good at that too. Let's not take chances. For now, leave either Kate or Michael with Khaat while we have things to do. Watch for any attempts our enemy might make to strike. The storm might not drive him away. It might make him more desperate. It certainly will remind him that his time is running out for him to get to her before his 48 hours runs out. He will want to get to her to probably try to plant a new marker on her somehow before he cant find her anymore."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Cassidy headed back out the room Jack had heard and headed into the sun room gently picking up Khaat he carried her back up to her room then placed her on the bed " there's a storm coming and Robert thought it best you stay here" he told her as he covered her with a blanket and made sure the window shutters were tight before he headed down to the cellar. Jim had heard Robert and already gathered survival equipment down in the basement extra blankets and food along with oil lamps for heat and lighting. he also accioed several cots that were stacked in a corner along with several water bottles.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 98 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top