Marriage is Murder - Page 81
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 81 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 81 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

"I don't think Robert's given his shoulder much thought. Once Khaat removed hs symptoms from him, he picked up and went back to work like he alway sdoes and did what he always does. Which of course was exactly what she intended for him to do. She did it so that he could do waht he needed to do as Minister and as the Chief of Staff. She knows his importance surpasses hers and she is willing to do what it takes in order to make sure that he can work so that we all benefit from it. I cant say that if she were Minister that he might not have done the same. And he has--even when she wasn't working at all.

"I do need to talk to him about his shoulder and whether he can work without either damaging it or without without creating a situation where she decides to pick up any pain or discomfort that a survival training might cause him. If he can participate, then he might. He didn't participate on the winter exercise because he was busy. I don't know if he'll come or not or if he'll work. I don't duel or fight much, but I still enjoy going on training exercises. The winter one was rather fun, I thought."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Jess looked at Kate and shook her head “Its all right, we all don't expect him to be there Kate “ she said softly as she set the kettle to boil for some tea for them both so they could talk more. Jess knew of the pain Khaat had taken from Robert “ Khaat took too much as far as I'm concerned she was still recovering from her own illness, I would have taken it from him if she had told me her plan” Jess said “ in fact I know any one of us would have taken it in her place to spare her” she turned to face Kate as she slowly breathed out feeling her own anger subsiding deep inside her.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:09 pm

"Well, as I understand it, Khaat and Brian had both tried pain relief spells and pain potions, and they werent' responding. There were two choices if he didn't want ot suffer. The stronger, higher concentrated pain potion or for her to do as she did. I dont' fault her. It was a stubborn, infected wound. She did probably the right thing, as angry as he was with her. He would never have chosen for her to do what she did, but, oddly enough, he'd have done the same for her--and he has. So he has no room to talk."

Back at the house, Khaat had slept off and on most of the morning. No one seemed to bother her. The cats slept at her feet, and not even the noise of almost a dozen kids seemed to disturb her. Angus fixed a beautiful Asian chicken salad for lunch, and he gave Khaat a smaller portion. She did her best to eat what he gave her. He didn't push. Neither did Brian. Angus also sent in a couple of Asian chicken salads for Kate and Jess in at Madam Malkins so they didn't have to send out for food for lunch.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Jess sighed and nodded she agreed “ yeah I know I just wish I could have thought of it too so she wouldn't have it now” she said “ but she isn't the head of St Mongo's for nothing “ she smiled then chuckled “ true so true” she moved to check the jewellery making sure it was hung neatly beside the counter for any one who wanted earrings and necklaces to match the outfit they would buy.

Back at the house Jack walked back in from the garden smiling as she saw Khaat sleeping on the couch and he smelt the chicken Angus had prepared for lunch “God that smalls good Angus” he said and felt his tummy grumble “ those for jess and Kate , I could take them to them if you want?” he asked then added quickly “ I promise not to eat them” he chuckled softly.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:59 pm

(i'm a wee bit lost as to what to post b/c i already had angus send the salads, and i already had him serve lunch, but i'll deal somehow.)

"That's fine, but dont be long because I already have lunch for us on the table," Angus said. "Khaat ate and went back to sleep. I have to catch that when I can. Hopefully the kids wont be loud enough that they wake her, but they do like to throw the crunchy rice noodles around. Who knew they bounced?"

"The kids do, obviously," Michael said, walking in with several packages.

"Ah, one more for lunch then?" Angus asked.

"If you don't mind," he said.

"Not at all. Whats in the boxes?"

"Saw Robert early this morning. He told me about the issues with Khaat's sizes again. So I ported over to see Tobias and he stocked me up on some very tiny things. Apparently he has a source. He won't tell me who, but if I feed him enough firewhiskey, he'll eventually come out with it. For now, though, he sent pretty much everything she needs in a size that will probably almost be an exact fit."

"Well, you are a man of many means," Angus laughed. "Where were you two years ago when Abbey was born?"

"You didn't ask me, or I probably could have seen him then," Michael shrugged, helping himself to a mug of tea.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Jack nodded and smiled as he sat down to watch the kids he saw the boxes and stood up to walk over to Michael and Angus he chuckled at Angus as he spoke of the children throwing the noodles around “ yeah, they do bounce far “ he said and smiled when Michael said he was staying he was glad of another set of hands around the table. He looked at Khaat sleeping on the couch when they spoke of her issues with her clothing sizes and he nodded. “ She has lost a bit of weight “ he said and looked at them both. “ yeah even I noticed that one.”
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:03 pm

"She's lost more than a little," Michael said. "When she and Brian got married last year if you all recall, she was at a heathy weight and feeling good. She has lost about 30 pounds since then. She is now significantly underweight. Robert had the numbers down to the ounces when I saw him today. He hasn't said anything because he knows she already knows. And having someone point out the obvious or nag her will only embarress her and make it worse for her. Its not something she needs from anyone. I don't know that I'm the expert on this, but Robert was amazingly calm about it, and so was Brian. So perhaps we need to either step back and see how they do it or just ask them."

"I know exactly how they do it," Angus said. "I tweak up her diet and supercharge it for her. I break her feedings into lots of small portions. I have recipes that are loaded with carbs and vitamins and minerals. Thats why sometimes I don't let you eat the cookies or the snacks or the things I make for her. If we ate a great deal of it, we'd each gain another 50 pounds ourselves. And I dont' pry. I just every so often slip her a snack that I know she'll just eat without thinking. I dont' say a word. And it works especially well if her brain is preoccupied with paperwork or something else. I can set it beside her and she'll nibble for me without thinking. That and I have Michael cook for her. He knows a handful of recipes that, when he fixes them, she just never turns down, no matter what."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Jack nodded that he agreed with Michaels choice of action and he placed Alex in his high chair as he'd toddled over to him and put up his arms to be placed in his chair. “Yeah, I don't need to be 50 pounds heavier not yet.” He chuckled and placed Abby in hers. Cassidy brought the others and placed them in their chairs ready for the noddles. “And don't worry were not going to mention anything to her we know better than that.” Jack said Cassidy nodded at his words along with Jim. Jim placed down his book and walked over to them he smelt the noodles and smiled.

“Not had those in a long time “ he said as he took one and ate it “ yum” he smiled
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Brian arrived ate for lunch. "Sorry, All," he said. "I'm going to have to go out on the far side of the grounds this afternoon. I'll probably be gone all afternoon. I presume you can al manage to provide enough protection for Khaat and the kids?" He wasn't saying anyone else wasn't important. He was only saying that they were particularly vulnerable.

"And why would you be needing to be gone all afternoon on the other side of the estate?" Michael asked.

"Not only is the physical fencing down all across the entire northern side, but the protection grid is gone too, along with the unplottable spell. I have a temporary portection spell up, but I need to find out, first what happened to the protection spell that give anyone direct access to the grounds. I have to put the unplottable spells back on, and then i have to spend the rest of the bloody afternoon digging post holes and erecting new fencing across the whole northern side."

"That is a mammoth job," Michael frowned. "That is definitely not a job for one person. Twenty or so perhaps, but at this rate, you'll be out there next week if you do it by yourself. I'll go along."

"Michael, are you sure that just brute hard labor is your strong suit?" Brian asked.

"No, but it is mine," Angus said. "Michael can stay and protect Khaat and the kids. He is a formidible dueler. I've dug post holes and set fence posts and fencing before. I'll go along with you."

"I appreciate it. I just don't want to leave the house short staffed."

"I can bring my grandfather to help and then we all can go if we have to," Angus said. "I'm sure this is the kind of potential security breech that we dont want or need either one."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Jack looked up and nodded he agree “ I'll help at least let me do the heavy lifting “ he said and stood up he kissed Jess on her cheek and smiled down at the children “ I'm sure the others can keep an eye on this lot for a few hours Brian” he said “ and I'm only offering my help as a friend and not your body guard.”He said picking his jacket off the hanger and placing it on. Cassidy and Jess both nodded.

“ yes we'll be fine here , take jack he is adept at fences and fence posts “ Jess told them Jim just glanced over at them he was puzzled as to what could bring down the barriers in that section. Closing the book he just finished he placed it down and stood up.

“Do you think its worth adding a few more men in that section, it isn't right having the barriers down like that” he said
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top