Marriage is Murder - Page 66
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 66 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 66 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:13 am

Brian had gone to get Khaat and when he got back with her, it was clear to Robert that Brian had already briefed Khaat. Angus served dinner. He served a buttery tender veal picata with risotto and a lovely salad. Edward was more than pleased at what a wonderful chef his grandson had become and with how well Angus handled Italian cuisine. Angus had served a lovely Tuscan Italian white wine with the meal.

Khaat was about ready to sit down to dinner with the others when one of the nannies went up to her and whispered in her ear. Khaat frowned and looked at the others. "Go ahead and eat. I'll be right back," she told them. She went upstairs and brought Abbey downstairs. Abbey was in her pajamas and wrapped in a light blanket and she was tearful and clingy to her.

"Whats' wrong?" Robert asked as Khaat took her place at the table, letting Abbey lay in her arms.

"She's got a fever," Khaat said. "It looks like the plague is getting the best of her."

"After all this time?" he frowned. "Are you sure?"

"No," she said, "Not entirely."

"I'll get her some juice with some ice for the fever," Angus said, disappearing into the kitchen.
Robert went over and laid his hand on Abbey's forehead. He lifted her pajama top to see her tummy.

"See that rash?" he asked Khaat.

"Yeah. More plague."

"No. Not more plague. It looks like it, doesn't it? But it isnt. That, my dear, is old fashioned measles. Jess, make sure every child gets a dose of the measle vaccine potion right after dinner. When I stocked the house, I stocked strawberry flavored because its one flavor all the kids like." He touched Abbey's forehead to reduce her symptoms. Abbey cuddled tight to Khaat and when Angus brought the sippy cup of juice, Khaat fed it to her.

Robert sat down at the table. He was going to proceed as soon as everyone was settled. Abbey would soon get sleepy and dose off so she wouldn't be upset with the news he had to give.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:37 am

Jess smiled as she stood up and let for the nursery she heard Robert tell Khaat Abby had measles and saw Jack move away from Abby. "Sorry Abby but I haven't had the measles" he told them as Jim chuckled.

"Don't worry Abby I have and its not all bad" he told her watching her as they ate start to doze off in Khaat's arms. He looked at Robert " so you going to fill us in?" he asked his tone unfazed but what ever Robert was about to tell them. Jess returned from the nursery and looked at Abby sleeping.

“That's good for her sleep will help her body get rid of the virus” she said and sat down looking at Jack. Reaching into her pocket she took out the measles potion.”Would this work on adults too Robert?” she asked
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Khaat watched Jack move away even though he wasn't sitting near Abbey. "Its not like you haven't been around her all day anyway," Brian frowned at Jack. "And its not like you don't already have that green rash. Aren't you just overreacting just a little? What's a little more itch?"

"Yes" Robert said to Jess. "The potion does work for adults. Just double the dose." Robert noticed Khaat hadn't said a syllable. She was devoting herself to caring for Abbey.

"Edward has news," Robert said. "James' pack is reforming. We're sure its part of James' pack. There's no doubt. Edward, you have some news about the leader?"

"Yes," Edward said. "He's young. He's fairly tall. He has dark curly hair and very dark eyes. When he transforms, his body hair is very thick and very curly. Human or beast, he is quite murderous and aggressive. He's drawing young misfits in that seem to have no home--anyone with an ax to grind that finds superpowers attractive and is willing to step up against authority to kill for the cause. And--they have their sights set. I have seen them buying any newspaper or magazine with Khaat's photo. Any article related to Lupins. And one went into a muggle copier shop and copied paparazzi photos of Khaat out in Diagon Alley with the children.

"They know who you all are, I'm sure," Edward said. "They know your relationship to her. They're out to wipe out anyone who carries the Lupin name. That means Robert, Kate, Khaat, and all of her children. They seem to believe Lupins are responsible for making werewolves societally accepted--or watering down their power in the wizarding world."

"That's ridiculous," Khaat muttered softly, setting the empty juice bottle aside. Brian got up and took Abbey from her so Khaat could eat. Abbey barely moved except to cuddle into her daddy. He sat back down and picked at a bowl of fruit salad so Khaat didn't have to eat alone.

"Of course its ridiculous," Edward said. "Powerhungry people always need some reason to justify themselves, no matter how bizarre the reason. James was large and angry. This lot is young and energetic, and desperate to make a name for themselves. And they're very anti-social. In some ways, they meet or exceed the danger we felt from James. I believe you're safe here on the grounds. But, I don't think any Lupin is safe alone any longer off these grounds."

Khaat said nothing. She had never been safe off Brian's estate. Except if she was at her father's. They were the only safe places in the world for her. And she was not going to let anyone go after her children.

She looked at Edward. "I want them dead," she said boldly. "Every last one of them."

"A wise choice, in this case," he said to her, unmoving. "A very wise choice indeed. You have more of your father than you know."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Jess looked at Jack at the description of the young were. Jacks face was frowned as he thought about how the guy looked . standing he moved to stand next to Khaat and Abby as he took out a small gold watch " does he look a little like this?" he asked and showed them a faded image of a dark haired young man. " that was me when I was younger if he looks anything like that, then there's a possibility that he could be James son." he rubbed his chin and shook his head " how that is possible I don't know the females were killed maybe..." he paced back and forth. Jim looked at Jack and shook his head.

"That part doesn't matter what does is that hes twice as aggressive as James was and we need to be ready more so than James" he said and jack stopped and nodded he agreed with him. Jess looked at Robert as she gave Jack the potion at which he pulled a face, Jess rolled her eyes at him.

"Don't be a baby Jack, Abby didn't make as much fuss as you" she said and chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Edward took the photo and looked at it because Khaat had not seen what Edward had. "Well," Edward said. "There might be some resemblance but the young man I saw is definitely build larger, bigger boned. A lot bigger boned. More rugged. Skin tone is different. Hair has a darker color. There are some similarities around the jaw line, but...I don't know. You could be right that James had a child--or children. Just because they didn't seem to be with him when he was alive doesn't mean it didnt happen.

"As for strategy, yes. You all need to be geared up for the possibility that if this is his son, or if there are more children that he could be functioning out of revenge and bitterness or a craving for power and to carry out his father's mission. If not, then he is merely a follow of James' but that doesn't make him any less agressive or deadly."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Jack nodded and put the picture away back in his pocket. "Well I was the runt remember" he said and chuckled " but I agree we should be ready for anything now" Jim nodded " I'll double the patrols and make the men aware of whats going on" Jack looked at Robert in case he had anything else he wanted to say. Jess placed the bottle back in the cabinet before returning to stand with Cassidy who had heard it all and remained quiet.

"Jack and I will reinforce the containment spells, just to be safe." Jim said and looked at them all " but he would have to be a fool to come here, into the dragons den so to speak"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Edward knew Jack had been the youngest but that, by no means, would have given Edward any insight as to whether or not Jack was the runt. He didn't reply to that.

"By all means, double the patrol," Robert said. "Brian and Edward and I will reinforce the unplottable grid." He reluctantly looked at Khaat. "I'm sorry. Really."

"No. I am," she said. "If I'd have stayed isoated in my rooms on the farm and had never come out, I wouldn't have drawn so much attention to us and we might not be in this now."

"We've saved lives," Robert said firmly. "The work we've done is well worth it. I'm not sorry for that. Not at all. And, just to bring it back to your memory, Remus knew he was going to be killed, I think, in the Second war. And he wasn't sorry. He did what he needed to do because it was the right thing. I don't regret one thing about this. Except that it puts you and my grandchildren on the firing line because of my brother and me."

"I'll stand with you anytime," Khaat said firmly.

"Then we do what we always do. We go forward," her father said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Jack nodded listening to Khaat he looked to Robert and smiled " Khaat we all will stand beside you family stand with family they don't give in." he said and Jess,Jim and Cassidy all nodded they agreed " now I'll go tell the men " he said and left the room for the guard house. Jim looked at Robert.

" Cassidy and I will double check the house" he said as Cassidy moved to his side then together they headed up stairs, cassidy moved to the attic while Jim checked all the bedrooms making sure he was quiet so not to wake the kids who were sleeping. Jess looked at Robert and Khaat.

"We have been friends along time Khaat , your like a sister to me and I know every one here is here because they want to be, they do what they do because they want to and are honored to be part of your family, I know I am, if it wasn't for you I would not have found Jack or had my family" she moved to face her" don't think we don't want to be here because each one will tell you the same , we do." she said her voice soft and a smile never leaving her lips. " ok Abby needs rest we should let her sleep in her room" she said softly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:01 am

"Well, since I already have her, I'll take her," Brian said.

"Make sure you give her some of that potion," Robert said.

"I will," Brian said. Angus put more juice in Abbey's cup and added the potion. Angus sent the cup upstairs and Brian got up to take Abbey upstairs.

"I'll go up and tend to her in a bit myself," Khaat said.

"She's mine too," Brian said softly, understanding her worry. He didn't intend to let anything happen to her. He understood her anxiety. It was the first any of her kids had had so much as a sniffle. She healed kids every day, but the first time one of her kids were sick. It was enough to cause any mother to worry. Brian simply smiled reassuringly at her and then took Abbey upstairs to her bed.

"Back to business," Robert said, intentionally redirecting her. "No taking any chances. You let us protect you." She just nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am

Jess smiled and nodded as she watched Brian carry Abby up to her room she looked at Robert and nodded when he said about letting them protect Khaat both she smiled. Jim and Cassidy nodded as they returned from the checking of the house.

"Upstairs is all secure about to do the lower rooms. " Jim told Robert Cassidy staid with Jess but quickly caught up to Jim down by the pool. Walking around she saw an open door closing it she locked it tight as Jim searched the massage area and sauna.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top