Marriage is Murder - Page 83
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 83 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 83 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm

"If someone on this staff sees an intruder and doesnt' report it, then they'd better be afraid of me," Brian said seriously. "If their fear of me puts the lives of my family in jeopardy, then they're no sort of auror or guard. And there are enough wizards out of work right now that I can surely find someone else."

"Easy, Son," Edward said, gently to Brian. "I'll send for more staff and we'll comb every single inch of the grounds. This is best done in pairs. No one should go alone. And if anyone finds anything they need to send up a flair and then let Jack and I investigate. This needs to be handled by either a werewolf or a werewolf hunter. We don't need anyone inexperienced in this. And if anyone is going to fire their wands, they'd best be prepared to use an unforgiveable, because that's about what its going to take."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Jim nodded and so did jack “ wow Brian, he did report it, to me “ Jim said but nodded he agreed to the recommendation they go in pairs. “ I'll tell them to do just that.” Jim moved back to the guard house and told them and in pairs they went looking. Jim returned and watched “ he's going to be one hell of a wear being that tall, He's taller than Jack. ” He told Edward and looked at Jack who was still looking back into the forest. “ Jack he's gone.” he told him but Jack shrugged.

“ I don't know something keeps telling me he's out there” he said softly his mind working and his wand held up.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 am

"The tracks went in," Edward said, "They didn't go out. Unless someone is holding out on us, or unless we just haven't found the outgoing tracks, he's still here."

"When we search the grounds, we need to scour the place for the outgoing tracks--especially around every side of the fence," Brian said, "When we get good photos of the footprints, give them to every staff person. We need everyone to know exactly what they're dealing with and what to look for."

Khaat woke from her sleep on the sofa. She had been dreaming. She didn't feel like talking about it. This monster looked absolutely undefeatable. She sat up, shivering, and wrapped up in an ivory colored knit oversized shawl. The shawl was soft and warm and it brought her some sense of comfort. She heard someone working in the kitchen. And then she heard soft classical music from the kitchen. That wasn't Angus. Angus was more of the 'open-the-window-and-listen-to-the-birds' type. Classical music was Michael. No doubt about it.

"Michael?" she called. He stopped his work in the kitchen promptly and came out, drying his hands on a linen kitchen towel. He went over to her and took her face in his hands and kissed her forehead.

"You are too thin, my love," he said gently.

"Is that why they have you cooking?"

"No, but I did choose to cook. Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Michael, is there any almond tea in the kitchen?"

"I can make some. Are you okay?"

"Just dreaming," she sighed.

"A disturbing dream, clearly. From a seer. Is this something we need to know about?"

"Michael, Daddy always said he thought Remus knew that he was most likely going to die."

"Yes, I think he did know," Michael said gently. "Why do you ask?"

"I think I've seen our next challenge, and I don't think we can beat him."

"Did you see that we won't?"

"No," she said.

"Then don't try to predict the future yourself. That generally doesn't work out. You know that. When a seer gets a tidbit of information and tries to fill in the blanks themselves, they get themselves into trouble. Try to rest. I'll make you some tea. And I made some cookies. They're a new recipe. You can sample them and tell me how I did," he smiled, heading to the kitchen.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Jess looked up seeing Khaat wake and feeling the slight unsure feelings she gave off. She didn't usually pick up on anything from her but this time she did and she over heard her talk to Michael and Michaels response. Standing she walked over to her and nodded as Michael spoke. “ we just see little bits and you most of all know how dangerous it it to over think things, you didn't see the end so it can't be told.“ she said and smiled at her “ I'll get them Michael” she said and moved to the kitchen picking up the plate of cookies and a pot of tea floating beside her with several cups cups . Returning she offered one to Khaat then each child “ hope you can make more Michael “ she said chuckling as Alex took a cookie and sat down, happily eating the cookie. Jess placed the plate close to Khaat should she want another. Jim walked over and pored the tea handing Khaat a cup then Michael, jess pored her own and one for Jim who thanked her and took a cookie and sat close by once more.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:08 am

"I know you're right, but this one is different. Somehow. Do the others know yet?"

"I presume they do," Michael said. "Angus came in for his camera and he had his pack that he takes when they're investigating something."

"Then I should go," she said, feeling that perhaps she could get some more information from what they were doing, whatever it was.

"I think," Michael said, "that you should drink your tea and ward off that chill. Your father put Brian in charge of a worldwide operation because he trusted him, not because Brian was incompetent. And if there is anything to be concerned about, Brian will be sending word to your father already. Let him do his job, my dear. When there is something for you to know, he'll tell you."

It wasn't more than about ten minutes after that when Khaat looked up and looked out the window.

"Daddy's here," she said quietly. "I don't see him, but he's here."

And Robert was there. He had arrived to the coordinates that Angus had sent in the owl he had sent. Robert was wearing rain cloak, and he went over to join the other men out at the fenceline. He found them investigating and studying the footprints in the mud. He crouched down to examine them as well.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Jack noticed Robert arrive and stepped back to let him look at the footprints and broken fence posts , Steven stood off to one side watching everything that was going on he glanced to his left and saw men moving in pairs around the boundary of the compound. He walked over to them now and spoke “ ok he's a big one, the animals are talking about a giant wolf thundering threw the forest and knocking down trees.“ He told them as he looked at Robert then Jack he knew Jack would be the only defence should the large wolf attack them. Jack saw the worry on Stevens face and rolled his eyes.

“ I am not going to attack that monster unless it attacks first “ he told Steven “ besides we don't know who or why “ he said and loked at Brian and Robert “ well partly” he added
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:28 am

"I don't suppose there is any way to keep my daughter from knowing about this just yet, is there?" Robert sighed. "Alright. You all know what we need to do. Secure the property and make sure he's not still here and that he didn't leave any markers anywhere. If he's still here do not engage him. Apparate back into the building and get into safety. We're not going to take him on until we know what the hell we're dealing with.

"As I see it, we have at least two possible weapons. We have Jack. And, we have Khaat's necklace. I don't believe there is a werewolf alive that isn't affected by that thing. Especially if he has harmful desires towards Khaat. I dont' think his size will matter to that necklace. I don't think it cares much. I don't think that thing cares that he is a big werewolf. It only recognizes that it is. And it will recognize any evil intent. It will act upon that, and if he moves against her, as far as the necklace is concerned, its game over. If it comes to it, we'll put her out in front because our strongest weapon is around her neck. And we'll depend on Jack, primarily, to try somehow to protect her from behind, without going into that necklace's path. Unless someone else has a better idea."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Jack listened and nodded " and trust me it will hurt him more I know" he said and rubbed his ears . Steven laughed and nodded patting Jacks shoulders as he did so . Jack shrugged.

"Occupational hazard. " He said and looked at the foot prints on the mud at his feet. " might be best not to if she doesn't have an idea already " jack said knowing seers know more than they let on and he knew being away from them he knew they, both Jess and Khaat would have an idea about there unwanted night time visitor.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:16 pm

"Go search the grounds," Robert ordered. "There is nothing more we can do here. I doubt you'll find him but do pay particular attention to looking for markers. My guess is that he was looking for a way to make the unplottable plottable. so lets seal that up as soon as we can. If you all don't mind, under the circumstances, I'm going to finish mending this fence with the help of an enchantment so you lot can go search."

"Fine," Brian said. "I think that is perhaps the best. Would you like one of us to stay with you?"

"No, I would not. Go. Get to work. I'll finish here."

Brian started to walk from the northern corner of the lot down the western edge of the grounds. Angus went to the other northern corner and began his search along the eastern edge. Brian hadn't said anything but he was concerned that Khaat was most likely going to have to battle yet another oversized werewolf, as if the normal sized ones werent' bad enough as it was. He was hoping that she hadn't already gone out to start hunting the beast herself.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Jack and Steven split up each heading in an opposite direction to Angus and Brian both with one thing on their minds securing the property and keeping all inside safe from this new monster they had stalking them. Jess looked at Khaat knowing the boys were all checking the grounds she felt Jacks fear and was puzzled usually nothing scared him but she smiled playing with the children keeping them all together in one place in case anything should happen she saw Max walk out from behind the couch and look out the window but then stretch out on the carpet in front of her and she gently petted him as she looked out the same window.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top