Marriage is Murder - Page 61
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 61 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 61 of 100 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 61 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:19 pm

"I'll finish cooking dinner," Angus said, "If we think we have things under control now."

"Yes, please do," Robert said.

"Is there anything you need?" Angus asked Robert.

"No," he said with a slight smile. "Nothing that we can do with it right now. I'm fine. People are hungry. Lets get dinner on the table."

"Yes, Sir," Angus said, "Give me just a few minutes." He went back to the kitchen.

"Should I go give him a hand?" Michael asked.

"No," Robert said. "Show Alette around so she knows how to get around the house."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Jess and Cassidy sat with the kids playing games while Jack and Jim kept a watch out of the windows. Jim gave up for a while and moved he knelt beside the fire place " its getting cold I'll start the fire " he said placing crumpled paper in it then the logs as he used his lighter to light the paper at the bottom with two gentle blows it took and it was soon warming the room for the kids and the others.

“ Thank you Jim there was a chill in the air “ Jess said and smiled at him feeling the warmth of the fire against her cold skin. Cassidy shivered a little but stayed with the kids as she smelt the food Angus was cooking.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Angus finished cooking dinner and soon served it. He had prepared the large Tuscan steaks he said he would fix with all the trimmings. It was perfectly prepared. Kate cast a spell on Robert's steak to cut it for him without creating a situtation where he would feel less dignified than he wanted to be.

But it was rather nice to just eat by candlelight. The kids even seemed to like it for a change. There was much less food throwing during dinner, and Michael was getting used to fending off the flying food, and was particularly attentive to making sure that Robert could eat without being hammered with Dakota's typical food fight.

When dessert came, Angus served his grilled slices of panettone with a rum sauce and whipped cream. It was a beautiful finish to another great meal. The storm didn't sound like it was getting better. It sounded like it was just digging in and getting settled to stay for the night.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Jess fed some of the kids all of them loving the candle light feeling it was an adventure in its self. Each one ate quietly some times giggling as they ate their food. once or twice one would jump at the flashes of lightning but Cassidy made it a game to see who could ignore the flashes since it was some one with a large flash light flicking it on and off. Jack finished his food and smiled as he saw desert. " awe yummy" he said softly and turned to see a flash he sighed and shook his head " do you fell as I that this storms set to stay for the night?" he asked.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 pm

"It will," Robert said. "Storms with this much power and energy that appear to be stagnant can dump large amounts of water in a short time. And they can make it very difficult for much magic to happen. Not without being either noneffective at all or a bit wonky. As soon as its safe again, I'll go restart the energy spell that fuels the house. I'm figuring I'll need to go to the farm and restart things there too.

"Papa?" Abbey asked, playing in her whipped cream with her fingers.

"Yes, dear?" he asked.

"You find birdie?" she asked.

"What?" he asked. She pointed at his shouder.

"Birdies do that."

"Oh!" he said, putting together the logic of a two year old. "No, Sweetheart. No birdies here. Its just a boo boo. Its fine."

"No birdies?" she asked.

"You," he said, brushing her hair, "need to forget about those sorts of birdies. They can't come here. We're safe from them."

"You sure?" she scowled at him.

"I'm sure," he laughed, not sure where a two year old had gotten such skepticism already, but it amused him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Jim and Cassidy looked at each other Cassidy bit her lips as he took in what Abby was saying. "No Abby, some nasty men did that, but papa will be fine " she told her and looked at Jess who nodded her head as she ate her desert with Cassidy Jack reached out gently and touched her hand smiling as he reassured Jess Cassidy was right. " we'll get out wet weather things on and check out the barn and stables after we eat" Jack told Robert Jim nodded.

“ yeah, we'll both do it, I'm sure the girls can handle things in here and ow and the others too” he said forgetting Michael was there with them too.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 pm

"No," Robert said, "I'd like you to stay inside. This storm is powerful, and it could be very dangerous tonight. Make some preparations for the kids tonight either in the hallway upstairs or in the basement. I want them away from the windows. As soon as the weather clears, I'll let you know and you can go out then. Animals, much as we love them are replaceable. People are not. Stay inside and make sure the house doesnt take any more storm damage than necessary, please."

"I just hope Brian is aware of the weather here and doesnt' try to come home tonight," Kate said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Jess and Cassidy nodded together “ Yeah, I hope the weathers better where they are too?” she said and looked at Jim who smiled and nodded. Jack finished his food and stood up “ I'll move the cots down to the basement be more room down there” he said and with Jim standing to help they disappeared up the stairs to the nursery and bed rooms then heading down stairs and sett up several beds and cots before returning.

“Ok we set up the cots and bed along with several beds for the adults we could sleep in shifts so to be aware if anything should happen” Jack said softly as he sat back down next to Jess and picked up a drink of juice for himself.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:43 pm

"Keeping watch in shifts is a good thing," Robert said. "We dont want them frightened or finding themselves a bit disoriented if they wake up and find they're not in their rooms. Thats frightening for anyone. If you all would just make sure that's covered, I'd appreciate it."

"There are plenty of us to go around," Angus said. "It shouldnt be difficult."

"I don't imagine Robert and I will be far from this room during the night," Kate said. "If you all tend to the kids, I'l tend to him."

"And outside of bringing me a bottle of pain potion, what exactly will you do?" Robert asked with a smile.

"Hopefully stop you from doing anything stupid," she said.

"You didn't just use that word in conjunction with me," he frowned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Jess chuckled and nodded " ow she did" she said smiling at Kate as she watched the others playing with the children " and don't worry Robert they will be looked after cassidy and I will take shifts staying with them in the basement. " Jess saw several yawn and seem to nod their heads as they sat " I feel its time for sleep " she said and smiled at Cassidy who picked up two sleepy children and carried them down to the basement and into their own cots as Jess carried others down with Jack close behind with several of the others
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 100 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 80 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top