Marriage is Murder - Page 77
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 77 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 77 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 77 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 am

Jim smiled as Michael and Khaat spoke about Robert he then watched as Michael set the table . returning to relaxing in the chair he glanced towards Brian and Khaat. In his own way he was glad nothing could bring them down. " that's good , get back on the horse so to speak " he said blowing a smoke ring. " I'll suggest to Michael he finds a good restaurant, since he knows Venice " he said and shifted in his chair to look at Enzo " ok boy you want out , come on got to stretch the legs and check things out anyway " he said standing waiting for the dog " Khaat might want to tell him he can come with me if he needs to pee" he said seeing Enzo just sit close to Khaat.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:35 am

Khaat gave the subtle command for Enzo that it was okay to go off duty. He saw Jim pick up the leash, looking at him and he went over to Jim, feeling like he was being asked to go.

Brian helped Khaat back out to the living room and helped her find a chair. He floated her almost empty tea mug out to the table beside her and then stood behind her and gently massaged her shoulders. To Khaat, that simple gesture in the quiet was calming. Loving. Reassuring. He leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"We'll get through," he told her.

"We always do," she sighed.

"How about a glass of wine?" Michael suggested gently.

"Could we?" she asked.

"It's Italy. Certainly. White?"

"You did say lobster," she said. "You choose."

"Alright. Brian?" Michael asked. Brian nodded. Michael poured four glasses of excellent Italian white wine and floated two glasses over to Khaat and Brian.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 am

Jim looked at Enzo " its only for effect I won't use it " he said to him and moved to the door with Enzo following. Leading him down to the same canal he walked looking around the city it truly was beautiful now at night the lights and the sounds of music as he walked puffing on his pipe. Soon he saw Enzo finish and he walked back to the hotel stopping to buy some flowers for Khaat. He hoped they would cheer her up even a little. Walking back into the room he placed the leash down on a table and went to Khaat. " how you feeling ?" he asked softly as he placed the flowers on her knee. " thought you could use some cheering up, there scented " he said an looked at Brian who had glass of wine in his hand. "Good wine?" he asked as he sat down close by.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 pm

"Thank you," Khaat said, touching them very lightly with her fingers. She smelled them. They smelled wonderful. "They're lovely." The smell was wonderful. Michael smiled. She loved flowers. It was nice to see she could find beauty in them without seeing them.

"Actually, the wine ifs very good. There's a glass here on the counter for you if you want one," Michael said. He began floating plates of pasta to the table. Fresh, homemade pasta with lobster meat and a simple garlic and olive oil sauce. And beside it was his carrot and pear salad with the spice dressing. "I think we're ready to eat."

"Can I help you to the table?" Brian asked. He reached down and took her hand and helped her up and took her to the table.

"Okay," she asked, as Brian helped her to a chair. "How do I eat this without making a mess?"

"Hm," Michael thought. He enchanted her fork in order to simply help put the food on the fork and make a very soft tap against the lip of the plate for her to then pick it up. "See if that helps."

"Now, why didn't I think of that?" Brian frowned.

"Well, you don't live in an enchanted house," Michael laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Jim smiled and nodded "That's what I thought , Margaret has a blind auntie and she always takes these flower to her, if she can't see them she can smell them, that's what she always says " he moved to the table and took the glass smelling the bouquet he smiled then took a sip " wise choice " he said and watched the food float to the table as he then moved to it he pulled out a chair for Khaat and moved to one himself next to Micheal. " will mention that to Margaret for her Auntie " he said smiling as he took a plate of pasta , he added some salad too and began to eat pausing to take sips of the wine. " foods wonderful Michael " he said smiling at them all.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:11 pm

"Michael never disappoints," Brian said.

"Depends on what you're expecting, Junior," Michael laughed.

Midway through the meal, Brian noticed Khaat had slowed eating and was rubbing her temple with one hand.

"Headache?" he asked.

"No...well, sorta. Can you close the drapes? The light is just too bright."

"Oh. Sure," he said. He laid down his own fork and laid aside his napkin and stopped short, looking at her. "Wait. Light? You see light?" She stopped too, realizing that she had been so preoccupied she hadn't noticed either.

"Um...yeah," she said, surprised herself. "No shapes. No colors. Just light. But its entirely too bright."

"That's a really good sign," Brian said. "Definite progress." Michael accio'd her dark glasses and handed them to Brian. Brian put them in her hands so she could put them on. "See if those help," he said. He laid his hand on her forehead to draw off her headache. 'Better?" he asked.

"Somewhat," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Jim smiled and nodded " yea Michael has good taste " he said then watched Khaat he smiled again at the notion her sight was returning and now she could see light. " should we let Robert know as well " he said sipping on his wine as he watched Brian and Khaat. He remembered that Robert had said it would not be long but even to him this was quicker than expected. " the food was wonderful Michael, grazie" he said and chuckled since he'd heard him say it to the woman back in the cafe and too it to mean thank you.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 pm

"We will," Brian said, knowing Robert would want a report. "I'll send him word later. If I know him, he'll want an update by morning."

"I would think," Michael said. "And who knows? At this rate, she might actually have more to report by then. Now, are you ready for dessert?" He got up and served cups of finely made Italian espresso with sugar cubes and lemon peel, along with deep fried sweet ravioli that were stuffed with chocolate and dusted with powdered sugar, with a caramel peanut butter dipping sauce for them.

"I haven't had these for years," Khaat said. "Thank you for thinking of them."

"When in Italy,..." Michael laughed.

"And I still think you make better espresso than they do here," she said.

"You're either lying or deluded," he laughed. That made her and Brian laugh out loud.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Jim chuckled with them " you do know Margaret is going to put me on a diet when I get home " he said still chuckling " from the weight I'm gaining from this wonderful food " he added he was pleased to see Khaat smile again along with Brian. The food tasted to him like heaven in a parcel and he enjoyed every morsel " wonderful but you have to tell me your secret Michael , how do you get it tasting so good?" he asked knowing that probably Michael would not let him in on his secret not that it worried him he was just happy to have seen Venice at night and that Khaat and Brian were recovering nicely after the mugging earlier. Jim finished his wine and sat back feeling rather full but all the better for eating such wonderful food.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 pm

"Its not hard," MIchael laughed.

"He adds cinnamon and brown sugar and honey to the pasta dough and adds just a bit of coffee liquor to the chocolate filling---just enough to bring out the flavor of the chocolate. I didn't believe it made a difference adding the coffee flavor to it until he made a batch without it. It makes all the difference."

"More espresso, Khaat?" Michael asked, knowing her love of it.

"As long as you're offering," she said. He gladly refilled her cup.

"So what would you like to do this evening?" Brian asked her.

"You know," MIchael said, "What you should do is just enjoy the summer evening on the balcony listening to the sound of the gondoliers on the grand canal. The music will amp up tonight because nighttime is when a lot of hopeless romantics like yourself want to ride the gondolas."

"That and a bottle of prosecco sounds like an excellent plan," Brian said.

"Prosecco? We have prosecco?"

"Oh, sorry, Khaat," Michael said. "Yes. We do. Very nice prosecco at that. "

"What about you and Jim?" Khaat asked.

"We're not romantically involved" Michael teased. She shook her head. Michael just never seemed to lose his sense of humor.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top