Marriage is Murder - Page 74
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 74 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 74 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 74 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Jim chuckled at the idea of making a port key out of soap. " Better make sure not to get it wet or you'll be stuck." he said sipping his late. He moved the bag from earlier to him and placed it with the rest of the bags he had and sipped his coffee once done he smiled as the waitress took it from him and he now waited for the others. " ok Michael who cooking tonight? " he asked leaning back to puff on his pipe as he waited feeling the sun on his face and chest warm even inside the cafe.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:37 pm

"I am," MIchael said. "You lot just stay out of my kitchen."

"My pleasure," Khaat said.

"You," he said to her, "can help me all you like in a few days."

"No thank you. You cook better than I do," she said.

"Not by much. You're a good cook. Dont slight yourself."

"You know, we dont' have any treats for Enzo," she said, petting the dog.

"I didn't forget," Michael said. "I thought of him. Don't worry."

"Thank you," she said. Michael turned the rest of the empty cups to the waitress and left a tip.

"Shall we go?" he asked. "We'll see if that odd little portkey works."

"Lets just hope he didn't make it in the bathroom," Khaat said.

"Funny," Brian rolled his eyes. In short order they were all ported back into the living room of the hotel suite.

"Oh, nicely done, Junior," Michael said. He put his bags on the floor and resized them. "Unpack!" he ordered. The groceries flew to unpack. Brian took the harness off Enzo, and the dog made himself comfortable on the floor. Brian took Khaat's arm.

"Where to?" he asked.

"Just someplace to sit," she said. He took her to a comfortable chair and helped make her comfortable.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Jim chuckled softly " wouldn't dream of it Michael " he said and held tight to enzo's collar as they ported back to the hotel moving with the bags he headed to the kitchen and unpacked everything putting it in the fridge and cupboards before walking back out to sit out on the balcony looking out over Venice and he smiled. Taking out his Pipe he looked back at Khaat and Brian who he had a clear view of both of them as he sat puffing on his pipe admiring the view of the city that spread out in front of him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Brian sat down beside Khaat in another chair, and before he realized it, he'd uncharacteristcally dozed off. Khaat heard his even breathing and knew he'd fallen asleep. He was tired, she knew.

The next thing she saw was herself. Outside herself. In water. Surrounded by water. She was struggling to find the surface. In her vision, there was light, but because her figure in the water was blind, she couldn't see it. She could not find her way to the surface even though it would have been clear to her if she had had her sight. She saw herself struggling hopelessly. And then...she was waking again to darkness.

"You didn't sleep long," she heard Michael's voice as she heard the comforting sound of his chef's knife chopping rapidly against the cutting board. "I made a pot of hazelnut coffee while you slept. Would you like some?"

"Um...sure. That would be nice. Michael, what's the weather like?"

"Sunny. Like it was a few minutes ago. "

"Any clouds?"

"No. Don't think so," He said, bringing her the coffee mug. "Here. Right beside you. Did you have a nightmare or something?"

"A bit," she told him.

"Everything alright?" he asked.

"That's what I'm depending on you all for," she said. Enzo seemed to have shifted while she slept, MIchael noticed. He was now laying on her feet. Odd. He'd not seen the dog do that before. Not unless she was in bed.

"You're an odd dog," He said, petting Enzo and then returning to the kitchen to wash his hands and continue cooking.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Jim had watched as both had fallen asleep where they sat , he did however note Enzos strange movement to Khaats feet and made a note to tell Robert when they returned to the farm. Standing he moved into the living room " I'll take some hazelnut coffee if its read" he said softly so not to wake Brian as he smiling as he passed Khaat and sat in a chair beside and ornate fire place. He was a little disappointed it was not lite but the weather was too warm for that yet. He looked at Khaat " so what was the night mare if you don't mind me asking?" he said noting her some what shaken state.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:33 pm

"Of course," Michael said. He filled a mug and floated it over to Jim. Michael drew out a bone from the butcher and floated it over to Enzo and laid it in front of hiim, but Enzo didn't touch it. MIchael frowned. The dog believed he was working. Clearly. A service dog never touched food if it thought it was working except if the one it served gave it permission. Michael decided to simply watch.

"Just water," she said. "It was...just water. Lots of it. Funny, I enjoy swimming. Brian made sure I did. Not sure why it was a bit unsettling. Oh well. Its a lovely day and we're not planning on swimming, so I shall not give it thought any longer. My mother sometimes has lots of odd dreams too. Most of them never take place. Its just another thing I inherited from her."

Michael didn't speak. He just kept working, but something seemed to niggle at the back of his brain. Something uneasy.

"Khaat, lobster and fresh pasta for dinner?" he asked. "With a carrot and pear salad?"

"Sounds wonderful," she smiled. "And what delicacy are you making for dessert?"

"Now, that is something you will just have to wait for, my dear," he smiled. "Its a surprise."

"And how will you surprise me a couple days from now.?"

"When have I not been able to surprise you?" He laughed. "Your problem is that I have such an easy time of it."

"That and I like the surprises."

"You're more like your mother than you think" Michael said, smiling. He only half meant his words to be lighthearted. The other part of him was learning, the more he was with her, just how much of Kate's own abilities Khaat had seemed to inherit. She was an odd blend of her mother and her father and her uncle, all three. And that, in itself was unsettling. If she was 'off' because of a 'dream', then, Michael wondered, was it a dream?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Jim sat and listened to Khaats dream and looked at Michael as he walked in taking the coffee he smiled " Good coffee should make it more often" he said and chuckled he saw the look of concern om Michael's face making a note to talk to him about it later once Brian and Khaat were asleep. He listened as Michael tell every one what was for lunch and smiled. "Sounds good " he said and listened again as Khaat asked what was for desert he could not help but smile at the banter " well what ever it is bet its going to be delicious " he said and chuckled at Michael.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:24 pm

It wasn't that much later that Enzo stood up and nudged her. Khaat petted him. When that didn't suit him, he nudged Brian, who woke. Brian looked down at the dog and yawned.

"Why didn't you do that when we were out?" He said.

"Because he was working," MIchael laughed.

"Okay, okay," Brian said, reaching for the leash. "Let's go."

"You wont' need that," Michael said. "He'll stay right with you."

"He's my dog. I should take him," Khaat said.

"I'll take him, but you're welcome to come with me," Brian said. She agreed to go with him. They went downstairs and took a walk around the hotel and down the block. They were about a block away from the hotel when Khaat heard a crash. Like the sound of a bottle breaking, and Enzo starting to growl and bark, and then a thud. The next thing she knew she was being shoved and going down deep into...water. It took her a second for it to register. She'd been shoved into the canal. She had no idea what happened to Brian. And...just as in her dream, she couldn't find her way up. In the dark, it all looked the same. She was completely disorriented. She struggled, and felt herself sinking. Then, something grabbed ahold of her shirt and began to pull. That was the last she knew.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Jim watched them leave but chose to follow behind them at a distance he heard the noise and saw Khaat fall into the canal and Enzo holding her best he could his nose under water he knew the dog could not hold her for long quickly he ran to the edge and reached down grasping her sodden shirt and pulled her up to the surface and out to the canal bank after checking she was still breathing he moved to Brian taking hold of all of them he apertated back to the room " Michael come quick " he said laying Khaat down on the bed and placing Brian on a chair close by. " they were mugged the guys took off when they heard me coming, Khaat fell into the canal , brian took a bottle to his head." he told him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:54 pm

"Hell," Michael cussed, wiping his hands quickly on a kitchen towel. "Its getting damned hard to even let a dog pee." He went over to Khaat and checked her quickly. "I knew it. I knew when she said she'd had that dream that she knew it was more than a dream. She lied to me deliberately and I knew it. I should have been more watchful. She'll be alright." He flicked his wand and dried her clothes--just in case. He looked at the dog. "Did you get to pee at least? Or did you pee in the canal?" Enzo just cocked his head to the side, looking at him.

He went over to Brian. "Well, looks like I'll be getting glass out of the back of his head for a bit. I'm not a healer. Unless Khaat can do it by touch when she wakes. Maybe that will work. Looks like they'll live." He accio'd a clean kitchen towel and mopped at the blood on the back of Brian's head. "Wait..." he said with a new thought. He went over to the fireplace and opened the floo.

"Edward! Got a healer there?" he called. A moment later, Edward apparated in, in a puff of curling smoke.

"What's the problem?" Edward asked.

"Lad took a bottle to his head," Michael pointed. Edward went over to him and looked.

"Painful but not deadly," Edward said. He saw Khaat. "Is she okay?"

"She should be." Michael said, but as he spoke he saw Edward frown.

"Did he have any wizard cash?"

"Yes. Robert brought him id's and cash."

"Oh bloody hell. I need to call Daniella. Looks like they got his muggle wallet, his id's and not only the muggle cash but the wizard cash. Bloody muggles probably think they have spanish galleons from some seawreck. On the upside, they missed his wand," Edward said, tending to Brian's head.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top