Marriage is Murder - Page 72
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Jim listened and watched quietly then when Michael asked he looked at him " I get the feeling Edward won't mind one more, at least he'd have a warm bed and won't have to steal , what do you say Giovanni?" he asked looking down at the boy. " Hes a nice man who will take care of you ,he might even bring you to see Enzo if you behave " he said softly as smoke ring floating up into the blue sky above them. He noticed the waiter returning with their order he also so, to his amusement, saw the look of disgust on his face and Jim put out his pipe and placed it in his pocket. " seems they don't appreciate good tobacco here" he said and chuckled.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 pm

"Its just personal tastes," Michael said. "Smoking is acceptable, but not when there's food on the table." Giovanni didn't answer Jim, his thoughts totally redirected by the large plate put in front of him. He dove in like he hadn't eaten for days, eating as fast as he could eat, big mouthfuls of his food. Michael laid his hand on Giovanni's arm.

"Slow down," Michael said. "If you want more, I'll buy you more." Giovanni looked up at him for a moment, and then did try to slow down. Michael had to coach him for a couple minutes before the boy's manners kicked in over his hunger. And in that time, Brian had managed to get a large mug for Khaat's soup and poured her soup into the mug so she could get to it and arranged her food so she could manage it on her own and showed her where it was. It wasn't until she was set that he started eating his own.

"The pasta is delicious," Michael said. Brian was enjoying his sandwich, Khaat particularly liked her soup, and Giovanni was enjoying every thing that wasn't nailed down. "I shall contact Edward then. In fact,...Jim, Brian...keep watch. I'll be right back." He interrupted his own lunch to get up and to go across the street to a public owlery. He was gone for a few moments and then returrned and sat down. "They have a floo network for messages. I sent him a message on the floo. He should be here shortly."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Jim could not help but chuckle at Giovanni eating quickly as if some one would take it from him. " Michael's right you'll get hick ups or indigestion , beside the food so good take time to enjoy it, besides if you want the ice cream after. " he said smiling at him as he ate his own pasta he watched Micheal walk to the owlery then return a few minuets later " that's good , so what did he say?" Jim asked taking a fork of his pasta and then a drink of his ice tea as he watched Khaat eating he was pleased she was actually eating and he knew Robert would be please too, now she might put some of her lost weight back on.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:41 pm

"I didn't tell him much except that there was something we found that belonged to Enzo's master that needed taking care of," Michael said. A moment later, Edward apparated in to the middle of the street and saw them sitting at the cafe and walked over to them.

"Popi!" Giovanni got up and ran to Edward and clung to him, wrapping his arms around Edward and hugging him tightly.

"Giovanni!" Edward was stunned and he crouched to come face to face with him. "Where have you been! We've been looking all over for you!" The boy was quiet and stared that the cobblestones suddenly. "Giovanni," Edward prompted gently.

"Papa...is gone," he told Edward. "Enzo...I can't have him anymore....Nobody wants me...."

"Giovanni," Edward said, reaching into his pocket and giving him an orange flavored sugar stick. "If I had not wanted you, would I have looked for you? Would I have come? Would I still give you candy?" Giovanni had taken the sugar stick as Edward was talking. Now he looked up at him.

"Why do you want me?" he asked.

"Because I need an apprentice," Edward said. "I'm getting older too. I need someone to help me in my house like you helped Papa."

"I could do that, Popi. I could do that!" He nodded.

"I beleive you could. And Giovanni," he looked at him. "My hunting dog, Mira, had puppies. She's got too many to nurse. Someone will need to look after the puppies...."

"Puppies! Popi, could I have one?"

"That depends. Can you keep it in your room and take care of it?"

"Room? I have no room?"

"An apprentice needs his own room, doesn't he?" Edward asked. Giovanni slowly nodded. "Then you'll have to keep your puppy in your room and raise him or her."

"To be like Enzo! I can do that! I saw how Papa trained Enzo. I can do that."

"Its a lot of work."

"I can work. I can work hard."

"Yes. Yes you can. And its better than the workhouse, isn't it?"

His eyes narrowed at Edward. "Would I have to take a bath?"

"Maybe just once in awhile," Edward resisted the urge to laugh. "So what do you say?"

"Do you have food? Money?"

"Do I look like I go hungry?" Edward laughed out loud now. "Do I look poor to you?" Giovanni shook his head. "Then its settled. Come now. Let's go finish the lunch Michael has bought for you." He brought the boy back to the table and the waiter returned. Edward ordered just an espresso and pulled up a chair beside Giovanni.

"Thank you," Edward said to them. "You have no idea how hard we've been hunting for him. Giovanni didn't know he was supposed to come with us. He's going to be surrounded by more family than he can wrap his mind around."

"And yes, he does need a bath," Michael laughed.

"Well, maybe just this once," Edward laughed.

"Popi," Giovanni asked. "Can we get gelato?"

"Their cannoli here are much better," Edward said. Giovanni's mouth was watering too much to speak. He just nodded.

"I think this should go very well," Michael laughed. "If you dont' spoil the boy."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Jim smiled as Edward spoke to Giovanni he chuckled at the boy asking if he was to take baths " typical lad always wants to stay dirty " he said smiling as he finished his food. Jim could already tell Giovanni would be fine with Edward and was happy they had been reunited ad he would have a puppy to look after. " so Giovanni what you going to name your puppy?" Jim asked he would have taken out his pipe but he saw the look on the waiters face again and so left it nestled in his pocket for now any way. He watched Brian and Khaat and smiled feeling they would be ok.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Giovanni shrugged, going back to his sandwich. "I dont' know if its a boy or a girl," he said, his mouth full of his sandwich.

"You can have your pick," Edward said.

"How many are there,"

"Fifteen," Edward said with a griin. GIovanni looked at him with wide eyes. Edward nodded.

"That's too many," Giovanni said.

"It surely is," He laughed, agreeing.

When Giovanni had eaten, including a lovely cannoli, Edward offered to pay for their food. Michael refused him. Edward collected the boy, thanked them, and they left.

"A good day's work," Michael said.

"Your good deed for the day?" Brian asked.

"Enjoy it," Michael laughed. "I only do one." They laughed, knowing better.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Jim chuckled and nodded " fair point" he said watching the others eat he waved to Giovanni as he left and smiled as Michael said it was his one good deed. " so back to shopping or back to the hotel?" he asked lighting his pipe against the look from the waiter. He took a moment to look around the place seeing other people walking up and down the alleyway behind them " that Cannoli was to die for" he said patting his tummy " I'll have to get Margaret to make it when I go home , she loves Italian food " he said and smiled as she puffed on his pipe as he always did after a good meal. His mind, though his stomach was satisfied with the food, kept watch for anything out of place. So far he'd not seen anything and was happy to keep it that way.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:21 pm

"Well," Michael said, "We didn't come here to shop for a boy. We came to shop for groceries and for a wand for Brian. I say we continue. All we've accomplished is cheese, wine and lunch. Brian, the wandmaker is just there, across the street and two shops down. Why dont' you and Khaat go ahead? We won't be far."

"You sure?" Brian asked.

"Yes," Michael said, deliberately putting Khaat's safety into Brian's hands. "Go buy your wand." Khaat and Brian slowly got up and left the table, and headed for the wandmaker. "You know I had to do that, Jim," Michael said after they left. "If Brian doesn't take control of her safety again, even for small moments, he'll never get his confidence back, and she'll feel like she has to distance from him. We can keep watch, but we do have to let them stand on their own two feet from time to time for the next few days until they get their thinking straight again."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Jim chuckled and nodded " yea but can't complain food was good " he looked at Michael as he sent Brian and Khaat over to the shop then explained " of course , and he needs his confidence back or he won't be the same strong man." he knew that's what Robert wanted in both Brian and Khaat , part of him wanted it too Brian wasn't the same boy he knew all those year ago he was some how now frightened, he knew it was because he was worried about Khaat. Jim looked over at the shop " well, should we go over or do you think we should give them some more time alone?" he asked blowing a smoke ring.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:04 pm

"There is a fruitteria on this side of the street, right across from the wandshop. I suggest we go there. We'll be closer to them and we can proceed with our shopping. I still need more fruits and vegetables. If Brian cannot make up his mind, there is a butcher next to that and a dairy beyond to get the rest of what we need," Michael said, getting up. He headed down the street, keeping an eye towards the wandshop.

In the shop, there were countless wands on display. Most of them were embellished and elegant. Brian sighed. They were too good for him. He wanted something simple.

"What's the matter?" Khaat asked.

"They're...fancy," he said uncomfortably. The wandmaker came forward and asked if he could help them.

"My husband needs a new wand," Khaat said. She told him what his last wand had been made of. The wandmaker picked up several with the same wood and cores, but he wasn't satisfied with the fit of them to him. Brian thought they fit well enough. The wandmaker did not. His daughter had been watching Brian closely. Studying him. She brought out a wandbox from the backroom, wiping the dust off it. The wandmaker slightly scowled at seeing that old box being brought out again, but she handed it to Brian to try.

"Try it," she told him in English with a thick Italian accent. He opened the box. It was made out of a rare type of oak. It was beautifully carved with patterns identical to some of the native american art he had in his home. The handle was wrapped in sculpted silver with settings of turquoise, and in the end of the handle was a beautiful turquoise stone.

"This looks Native American," he said, loving it for its southwestern beauty. It surely was one of a kind.

"It was a gift from a wizard in Arizona to my great grandfather, but it seems to fit no one," she said. "Give it a try." Brian picked up the wand. The instant it hit his hand, white light filled the room, along with the sound of a native american flute. Khaat knew instantly that this wand fit Brian like no other ever would. The wandmakers looked at each other, astounded.

"The wand has chosen you," the wandmaker said, stunned.

At the fruit store, Michael heard flute music. He glanced back behind him to the wandshop and saw the brilliant white light. He laughed gently.

"I'd say he found one," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top