Marriage is Murder - Page 71
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 71 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 71 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 71 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Jim smiled and nodded when Michael said he should help with the shopping " ah but I only have a good eye when it comes to wine , food and paintings " he said smiling then watched Michael having a conversion in Italian with a woman the most he could pick out was Michael said yes a lot. Jim sighed and looked around , when Michael spoke again he smiled at the woman " that's good to know" he said and nodded to her with a warm smile to her. He looked at Michael " so now where?" he asked " doesn't Venice have a magic district some place?" he asked making a smoke ring with his pipe.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:14 pm

"Yes. It does. We can access it the long way around, or we can access it through her back room. It seems our hostess is Daniella's aunt. We are among friends," Michael said.

"Back doors would be a good thing about now," Brian said as he and Khaat joined them. He was anxious to get her away from the onlookers. Michael nodded to Daniella's aunt and she led them behind the counter and back through the modern muggle looking commercial kitchen to the shop's storeroom. She took the toe of her shoe and pushed the baseboard to the left. It slid out of the way and magically, a portal opened between the back wall of the shop and a bright wide sunny street. It was as wide and pleasant as Diagon Alley could be narrow. Michael could see it looked like a picture postcard, with sidewalk cafes, artists sketching or painting and sitting under trees in a boulevard--everything every tourist ever expected to see in an Italian village.

"Graci," he said.

"You come back before 10. We close at 10. You sould slip out before we close so you are not noticed," the woman told him.

"Oh, we won't be that long," Michael smiled. "Besides, the lady would like to ride the gondola, I think." He motioned them all through the portal and stepped through into what seemed like a step into a beautiful painting. Brian was stunned. He'd never seen this before.

"We'll have to come back in a couple of days," Brian told Khaat. "You need to see this. Its wonderful."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Jim chuckled and held his pip in his mouth joining them " ah I agree short some times works out better" he said following them threw the shop and out into the magic district. " wow this is a beautiful if not more so than diagon alley " he said but he pulled himself back and looked around he knew magic district or not she could still be in danger and he was not about to let his assignment slip. but that would not stop him looking at the shops that seem to sit in front of him foe things to send back to Margaret back home. He smiled knowing she would appreciate it very much.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:34 pm

"Enzo!" A dark haired young boy spotted the dog. The dog's tail beat wildly against the back of Brian's leg as he recognized the boy, who had forgotten himself and dashed forward, flung himself on his knees on the cobblestone street and put his little arms around the dog and hugged the dog around his neck.

"Giovanni!" an angry shopkeepers voice shouted. He continued to bellow in rapid Italian. Evidently the boy had stolen several fresh rolls.

"Where is your mother?" Michael asked him.

"My mother's a whore," he shrugged simply. MIchael clutched him by his shirt and stood him up. He stared him in the face. The boy was lying.

"Tell me the truth," Michael said, as the shopkeeper ran up to collect the boy. "Or shall I turn you over to him?" The boy began to try to wiggle away from Michael, but Michael had a firm grip on him. "You dont steal very well. You should stop doing it."

"I'll have this boy sent to the workhouse!" the shopkeeper bellowed right in Michael's face, jerking the boy to try to free him from Michael. Michael shoved him back behind him.

"Jim. dont' let him get away," Michael ordered. Khaat was alarmed at all the sudden bellowing, She didn't know where to go. She pressed tight against Brian.

"Its just a boy," Brian said. "Seems hes a bad pickpocket, near as I can figure out."

"How much does he owe you?" Michael asked.

"I can hardly count anymore!" the shopkeeper said.

"Well, he's a poor thief, and I'd say that makes you a poor shopkeeper as well if you can't watch your merchandise." He drew out a wad of euros and handed them over. "Take them and go. If he stole more than that, then you do not need to be in business." The man took Michael's money and huffed off.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Jim watched the conversation when the boy pulled free he moved and held him tight but not too tight he knew he was young . Jim watched as Michael spoke to the shop keeper. He looked down at the boy and sighed he had a son roughly his age. once the shopkeeper had been paid Jim handed the boy back to Michael and stepped back as he spoke. " I wonder what a boy like you is doing here of all places " he said " apart from stealing " he added and looked at Michael " Orphan or runaway?" he said with a curios tone in his voice
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:00 pm

"I don't know yet," Michael said. "Now. Giovanni, lie to me, and I'll hex you into next week!"

"Is that better than this week?" Giovanni asked him, trying to be unafraid of the imposing grayhaired man.

"Depends. Would you rather spend next week as a sock or a hat?"

"Doesn't matter, since I don't have either," he dared Michael.

"He's a pushy little fart," Michael told Jim in English. He looked back at the boy. "Your mother is not a whore. Shes dead. And your father is too."

"I was born without a father!" he shouted bitterly.

"No you werent," Michael said. "But that doesn't matter now. Who's in charge of you?" The boy thought for a moment and pointed to Enzo. Michael frowned. "Were you staying with the wizard who owned Enzo?"

"He left me too!"

"No," Michael said, softening. "He didn't. Not intentionally anyway. He died. Where have you been living?"

"None of your business."

"Then pay me for the rolls," Michael shrugged. The boy just looked at him. "I'll ask you again. Where do you live?"

"Here and there," he replied. Michael sighed.

"Oh, come on. I guess there will be five of us for lunch, then," MIchael said.

"Lunch?" the boy's eyes grew wide, the promise of food irresistable.

"Unless you're not hungry," MIchael said. "A man of the world like yourself...."

"I could do with a bite," the boy said, trying to be casual.

"Then we'll buy you a bite and no more," Michael said. He motioned to the boy and then to Jim and Brian.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Jim watched the conversation seeing from the boys mannerisms he was not cooperating one bit he chuckled when Michale said he was a pushy fart. " seems to be , reminds me of some one close " he said and chuckled but crossed his arms his pipe held in one hand as the conversation between Michael and Giovanni continued. Soon he noticed Michael motion to them and he followed taking it the boy was joining them for lunch. " so what did you learn from him apart from being a pushy little fart?" he asked waking with the boy in front of him and one eye on him to make sure he didn't steal . Seeing the boys hand sneak out he stepped in between and shook his head. " wouldn't do that if I were you" he said softly with a friendly smile.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:17 pm

"He's an orphan or he thinks he is. Seems he used to live with Edward's friend who used to own Enzo--until Edward's friend died. He seems to be on his own since then." He led them to a street cafe and chose a table for all of them. Brian helped Khaat take a seat. The waiter brought one page menus that were full of what seemed to be wonderful bistro sorts of foods. The boy seemed to be able to read most of his menu and he seemed to swallow hard at the descriptions of the dishes on the menu.

Michael translated the menu for them all. Khaat was afraid of eating in public when she could not see. Brian helped her to select a sandwich and a simple soup and some iced tea. He chose the same. The boy selected a very large sandwich, and Michael allowed him to have it. Michael chose a fresh pasta with shrimp in a special house sauce.

"And what for you, Jim?" MIchael asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Jim looked at Michael sighed at what he told him, moving to the cafe Jim looked at the menu, but being at a disadvantage of being unable to read it he looked at Michael. " I'll just have the same as you " he said " what doesn't kill me makes me stronger and well might as well try some thing new while I'm here " he said smiling placing it down " I really should learn the local lingo if I'm gonna come back with the family." he added sitting back enjoying the warm sun on his face and the sounds around him. " I like this place very quaint and Margaret would love this cafe, The white and blue tiles and the flowers that are all up the wall, the quaint white wash walls. "He said knowing he was telling Khaat about the cafe too.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:23 am

"Thank you, Jim," Khaat said, grateful.

"I want Enzo," the boy glared hard at Michael. Michael looked back at him as the waiter took the order to the kitchen.

"No," Michael said firmly.

"He's mine! Mine!" the boy insisted, bouncing in his seat. Michael laid his hand on his shoulder and glared hard at him.

"Stop it," Michael said with a calm voice. "Look at me." The boy obeyed. "You see the woman?" The boy nodded. "She's blind. Enzo was trained to help blind people. You know that." The boy nodded. "Giovanni, do you know Edward?"

"Edward!" the boy nodded excitedly. "He was a friend of 'Papa'."

"A good friend?" Michael asked. The boy nodded, smiling broadly.

"He gave me candy every time he came," Giovanni said.

"Edward was the one who took Enzo and gave him to the woman. She is family. She needs Enzo's very special skills."

"But he needs me! I...I feed him!...I take care of him...." he hesitated, looking at Khaat and Brian. "Do they have money? Can they feed him like I do?"

Michael looked at Brian and Khaat. "Giovanni wants to know if you have money. If you will feed Enzo."

Khaat said, "Where is he?"

"Just northwest from where you are," Brian said.

"Giovanni," she called gently. He looked up at Michael, and Michael nodded. Giovanni jumped down off his chair and went over to her. He very slowly, timidly, reached out and touched her hand as if she would break. Khaat wrapped her hand around hers. His eyes grew wide as she looked at the cluster of diamonds and emeralds on her ring finger. "Grazi, Giovanni." With her other hand, she reached out and petted Enzo who laid his head in her lap. Giovanni started to cry bitterly, realizing Enzo was truly where he belonged now, and he felt more alone than ever. Khaat, ever maternal, wrapped him close to her and held him. "I cannot leave him here alone, Michael," she said very softly.

"No, certainly not," Brian said. "He needs a family. Perhaps, for awhile, he might stay with Edward? At least for now? It leaves him here in Tuscany and gives him someone he knows."

"I think that might actually work very well," Michael said. "Jim? What do you think? There are so many children already in the Donohue family compound that I do not think they would mind one more. Giovanni has a bit of a strong mind of his own. He will need someone strong to keep him from getting out of hand--at least for awhile."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 85 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top