Marriage is Murder - Page 64
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 64 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 64 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 64 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Jack wrapped up in a windbreaker and followed Angus out side he too was some what taken aback by the destruction going on a round them " wow never seen her do all this before , its kinda un nerving " he said and moved closer to Angus " not going to get on the wrong side of her any time soon" he said dodging a flower pot that had come close to clocking him on the head. Jess inside heard the thunder and sighed seeing Kate she turned on the kettle and began brewing some tea, some of Roberts tea for Kate to try and calm her down even just a little bit, but she felt it was a small thing in a ocean of feelings.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 30, 2012 9:18 pm

They were only gone about 45 minutes but when Robert and Michael apparated back into the house, they both felt, at once, the high magical energy in the air.

"Shit," Robert said, looking around to see if he saw anything out of place.

"This can't be good," Michael looked around in the other direction.

"Nope," Robert said. "Wait...there's some energy missing. ...You feel it?" He frowned.

"Now that you mention it,..." Michael began. "Khaat..."

"And Brian," Robert said. "They're gone."

"What the hell happened? We weren't gone even an hour and its all gone to pot," he frowned.

"I dont' know, but I can't think I'm going to like it much."

"You nits! Of course they're gone," Remus's portrait snapped.

"Well, would you care to tell us where they went?" Robert was snarky now.

"Do I look like I know?" Remus scowled.

"No, actually, you dont'. You look like you're hanging about being useless," Robert said, frustrated that Remus had only stated the obvious. "Do you know why they left?"

"Well, she got rather torked or something and buggered out, and Brian went to try to find her. All we heard was her telling us all to sod it, and then she popped out," Remus shrugged. Robert walked through to the kitchen and saw the crew was finishing working on looking for markers but that Jess was in the kitchen. He could see, through the large kitchen windows the path of destruction in his backyard and the raging thunderstorm.

"I haven't seen her do that in almost 20 years," Robert said, still staring out the window. "You got a clue about this, Jess? This isn't like Kate."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Jess looked at Robert glad he was back " yes Steven and his boxers in a twist, I think Khaat took off because she thought we were leaving her and brain but we were talking nothing more, Kate I think is annoyed because they, Brian and Khaat took off , didn't say where just aperated out. " she said poring two cups of tea and placing the rest on the side to be helped to by any one wanting a cup. she saw Jack and Angus out side " jack and Angus are checking for markers they don't think they will find any" she said and dried her hands on a tea towel " I thought every one could use some tea and coffee." she said and started to make the coffee.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 30, 2012 9:40 pm

"She could be anywhere," Robert sighed.

"Yes, but if we know her well enough," Michael said, thinking quickly. "We can narrow the possibilities."

"I hope one of them remembers to transfigure those pajamas," Robert said, unsure where that little twisted thoguht had come from.

"I'll go help Brian look for her," Michael said. "I have some ideas. You stay here in case word comes."

"Thank you," Robert said. "Hold onto that coffee and tea, Jess. We need to put together some dinner for people. If you have any ideas, I'd be grateful. I'll go try to talk to Kate." He and Michael picked up raincoats and put them on. Michael apparated out. Robert went outside and lit a bright light at the end of his wand so that the others outside would see it. He motioned them into the house. The storm was just getting too severe for them to be outside anymore. Kate seemed to be either ignoring him or not noticing. He walked the path of destruction over to her to just talk with her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 30, 2012 9:50 pm

Jess nodded " I do have some ideas " she said and began to make some pastry for a quiche she knew she could make and they could eat hot or cold , she busied herself cooking glancing out a she saw Robert walking over to Kate out in the storm , soon she was done with the pastry and made an egg base adding bacon and tomatoes with a little herbs for flavor it was something she felt right now she could cook with out dropping it or burning it as she waited for Jack and Angus to return from checking the perimeter
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Angus complied with Robert's orders to go back inside. He saw that Robert seemed to only need to say a few words to Kate before the turmoil her own rage was causing subsided. He gave her a soft kiss and put his arm around her and led her back inside. He took off their raincoats and hung them up inside the back door and brought her into the kitchen. Angus poured tea for people and handed mugs first to Kate and Robert.

"Thank you," Robert said. He looked at the others. "We delivered the message to Gelding successfully. For now, suffice it to say, Tom Gelding has as much interest in seeing Blood dead as we do. More about that later. Now, to more pressing matters. It seems I have some personnel matters to deal with, and I will. But that is between him and me. Brian and Michael have gone to find Khaat. They know her well enough that if I were to send anyone on a planetwide wild goose chase to find her, I think those two would have the best chance of finding her. We all know that with a wand, one can go pretty much anywhere somehow. The search area is only as big as our entire planet. So--we shall not allow ourselves to get worried or panic stricken at this point. We will continue to do what we do best.

"Kate and I are going to have a normal evening at home. You are all welcome to stay if you like, but at the moment there is no one to bodyguard. So, if you all want an evening at home, you're welcome to take it. I have no idea how long it will be before we hear any word, so we have no choice but to move forward and leave the hunt to Brian and Michael."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Jess watched as Angus and Jack returned and shake off the rain she handed Angus a hot cup of tea and one to Jack who sneezed as he took off his coat and hung it up. She handed him a cup of tea with the cold potion just in case in it. " find anything?" she asked opening the oven to slide out the quiche and place it on the side to cool next to some sugar cookies she'd made. Jack shook his head as he drank feeling so much better.

" nope thought we had but it was nothing " he said and looked at Angus hoping he would not tell hr he fell in a creek because he was not watching his footing.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm

The storm had raged for hours during the night. Robert knew one of the enormous trees--one of the oldest one on the property--had come down in the storm. He'd watched it go, watching from his bedroom window. Kate had laid awake in the dark all night. Neither had spoken. It took them back to an ugly chapter in their lives they didn't want to be reliving.

Near 4:30 am, he couldn't stay in the dark any longer. He was tired, and he was getting a very rare migraine. He went downstairs and saw Angus making himself at home in the kitchen. He was making scones. Tea and coffee were brewed. Robert got a mug out of the cabinet and got coffee. Angus noticed it was a departure from his normal tea.

"Any word?" Robert asked.

"About 30 seconds ago," Angus said. "Got an odd paper dove. The damned thing bit me."

"A paper dove?" Robert's interest perked. "It bit you? That's because the message was not for you."

"But the paper was blank."

"Where is it?"

"Well, thats the other odd thing. After I opened it, it reformed and perched its little rude self on top of the fridge," he motioned to the fridge.

"Again, because it was not for you." Robert went over and opened the message.

"See, its blank," Angus said.

"No," Robert said, drawing his wand, "Its not." He flicked his wand and uttered a word Angus had never heard before. To Angus's surprise, the page began to glow with writing. He looked and saw it wasn't words. Rather, it was odd symbols.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Jess could barely sleep with the storm and decided to head down early she found Robert and Angus with a piece of paper " any news?" she asked poring a cup of tea for herself as she watched seeing the symbols on the paper " what are those?" she asked becoming curios at the strange bird message that Robert held. Jack came down several minuets later taking a coffee and a piece of Jess's quiche that was left over from the night before. Cassidy walked down as she brushed her hair seeing the others she sighed " still no Khaat or Brian, I didn't hear them come back last night" she said sitting on a stood by the breakfast bar.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 30, 2012 11:10 pm

"They didn't," Robert said to Cassidy, reading the message. "This is a very old code that some of us designed when we were at Hogwarts. There weren't many who knew it. Michael and I were two of designers of the code, and its never been broken--not to our knowledge, anyway. These are hieroglyphs from several ancient languages, scrambled into a very difficult code. Michael is actually very good at them. This is from him. I haven't seen this code in years. Its surprising how much one can actually remember, it seems.

"It says: The prodigal sun has been found....Travelling conditions unfavorable...They will be with me....Unsure if the bird will pass the floo. M."

" Prodigal son? Then," Angus said, "Are they at Michael's house?"

"No," Robert said. "Not what you're thinking. S-U-N, not S-O-N. Michael used to call Khaat a little ray of sunshine when she was little. He's referring to her, not to Brian. He's found her. And Brian, so it seems. I don't take this to mean they're in Hogsmeade. Michael would not have hesitated on that short of a hop, even in the storm we had last night. He would have come home or would have said so somehow. Sounds to me like they're some distance away. Apparating would have been relatively safe, but porting is a different spell and energy altogether and certainlycould be exceptionally dangerous, depending on the weather and the distance. And, since my children decided to apparate out in a thunderstorm in their pajamas, they had no clothing or cash with them. It would seem Michael has taken it upon himself to watch out for them and provide for them until they can get home."

"It doesnt' tell us much."

"No, it doesn't. But Michael is more than capable of providing them with anything they could possibly need, and he won't hesistate to. I think he didn't say much because he wasn't sure that the message would not be recovered and perhaps potentially translated. He was deliberately vague. I presume we shall have to wait for further word. But since Brian is a healer, if they needed attention, I presume he could deal with it. If not, Michael will get them help. He has connections in most places that I do not know of, nor do I want to know of them. "

Kate came into the kitchen behind Robert and poured herself a cup of tea and looked over his shoulder at the code.

"Hm," she said. "He gets odder all the time. Dredging that old business up. He's not very imaginative."

"I am presuming, my dear," Robert brushed her cheek affectionately, "that he didn't want us to have to work that hard to figure out the missive."

"How does he know you wouldn't have forgotten it?"

"He didn't. But he knew you wouldn't," he smiled at her. "He counted on it." She snatched the note from his hand, seemed to read it quickly and handed it back to him, taking a sip of her tea.

"So, what can we do to help?" Angus asked.

"Kate?" Robert asked, "Are you feeling anything from Khaat?"

"Upset," Kate said, staring out the kitchen window. "Restless, unsettled. That's about all I know."

"Fear? Pain?"

"No," Kate said. "Not right now. Not physical pain anyway. She feels like she's alright enough. But she's with Michael and Brian. Do you expect less?" She paused a moment and said. "I presume, Angus, that we should get on with our day until the weather clears for him unless Robert can get an idea of where that storm front has moved on to."

"It was moving east during the night," Robert said. "And it was sizeable, given as many hours as it stormed."

"If that's the case," Kate said. "They're on the continent someplace."

"Maybe," Robert said. Angus returned to making his scones, following Kate's request. He put the sheet pan in the oven and began cutting fruit for a fruit salad.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top