Marriage is Murder - Page 82
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 82 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 82 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Jim looked at them both " really, I hadn't noticed " he thought about it and nodded " guess I must be, if it annoys you I'll stop, and yes there is Stuarts due to get his letter soon I guess I'm just worried about him going. " He looked at Robert " I know I should be happy, I went to Hogwarts too, but I know what can happen there as well, guess I'm an over anxious parent " he said and drank his coffee slipping the pipe away into his pocket he saw Brian writing and sighed " I sense Kate's hand in that note " he said and watched the bird fly away.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 pm

"We have Order members on staff there, like we always do," Robert said. "And Ministry aurors. If Stuart had gone a year ago, I'd have worried. But, Stuart is, right now, probably safer behind castle walls than in a lot of other places. You know what our first year was like. We weren't allowed to go anywhere or do anything that wasn't in eyesight of a teacher. Its not a matter of us being annoyed. If we weren't your friends, we wouldn't ask." Jim was acting just a bit sensitive. Robert merely wanted to get him to stop taking it personally that they had asked about an increase in his use of a pipe.

"I didn't hear anything, but maybe she did send something," Robert said, watching Michael finishing his stock and adding some pasta to the blend of chicken and vegetables. "Smells wonderful, Michael."

"Its just a simple thing," Michael said. "And I know Khaat will like it. It will be ready in about 15 minutes. She does need to eat, Robert."

"Yes, indeed she does. Did she eat yesterday?"

"Some. Fair, for her. She normally eats everything I cook when I do cook. Its not like her to be finicky. But she seemed to just not be in the mood."

"I'll wake her up in a few minutes, let her enjoy her coffee and take a better look at her and see if I can't help her feel like eating," Robert agreed. Michael began to set the table, and floated some silverware, napkins, fruit salad, bottles of soda, and a basket with slices of fresh bread to the table. He got out 4 soup bowls and one oversized mug. The bowls for the men, and the mug for Khaat so she could handle her soup easier.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Jim chuckled and nodded " yes I know Robert " he said feeling much better than he had that morning. He nodded as Robert said he'd heard nothing " it was a small note " he said and looked to Michael " sounds delicious Michael" he said nodding he understood to Robert that he was being over anxious in regards his son. He moved to help Michael set the table but he stopped and looked at Brian and Robert . " I hope she will eat " he said softly " shes lost a lot of weight over the weeks. " he said placing down a knife on the table.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:39 am

"Well, if we're that close, I'd better go wake her up," Robert said. He got up and went into the bedroom as Brian was just opening another pink paper bird. "Whats on her mind now?" Robert asked.

"She wants to know when she gets a room key," Brian said, with a slight smile.

"She doesn't," Robert replied. "You two are old enough to not need your parents on your holiday. We'll be here when you need us, as always, but other than that, we're leaving you alone. If things go well, I'll go home right after lunch. Michael's soup smells incredible." He went over to the bed and laid his hand on her forehead to check her.

"You really aren't going to wake her up are you?" Brian frowned, "She just went to sleep."

"Yes. I really am. I want to tend to her wounds properly before she eats so I know she's alright and so that she's more comfortable. She's going to want clothes that arent' covered in filth from the blacktop and in bloodstains. You know how she hates that."

"I do," Brian surrendered. "She's gonna want a shower."

"that should be alright, I think," Robert said. Brian set the medical bag down beside Robert as Robert checked her carefully and very gently woke her. She woke, but she was still hurting. Robert and Brian unwound the bandages slowly and removed the dressings, allowing Robert to heal up the scrapes as they unwound them. He closed the massive scrape from her fingertips to her shoulder first. Then he and Brian worked on closing the even deeper scrape on her leg. The last thing he closed was the cut on her forehead that he had deliberately left open at the hospital. That decreased her pain by about half.

He and Brian worked on reducing the head injury she had and worked on setting spells in place to reduce the additional bruised bone and joints and just working on all the other little things that weren't right. By the time she was done, she felt that even by wizarding standards, she'd been poked and prodded excessively. She was a bit frustrated with it all. Her father felt for her and eased her nerves and eased her pain. Brian picked out some clothes for her. Just a simple bright colored gauze sundress. The fabric was pretty and soft, and it was comfortable. Robert allowed her to shower and while she was showering, he went back out to the living room area where Michael was dishing up bowls of soup.

"Well?" Michael asked.

"She's starting to feel human again," Robert said. "I think she's just going to want a quiet afternoon today, though. And I"m fine with that. I really think thats best. I told her she could shower. I would think they'll be out shortly."

"How's her sight?"

"She seems to be having some bits of color. That's remarkable improvement, considering her head injury. I'm pleased. That will start to focus in soon and she'll start to get some idea of shapes. Keep Enzo close to her, though. She needs to feel independent." His stomach growled loudly. "No, I didn't get breakfast."

"Then come sit down," Michael said. "They're old enough to find their way to the table. You too, Jim."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Jim had stood listening and was relived she was looking a lot better he knew she would feel better once she had showered and eaten some food . His mind was on how she would be feeling after such an experience and making her feel comfortable once again. He stoked the fire to make the room warmer for her and he moved to the balcony to look out over the city of Venice. part of him wished Margaret was with him to view this with him but he knew she had the children to make ready for school again he accioed his wizard camera and took several snapshots then sent them to her each with a kiss on them from him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Brian finally helped her finish dressing and called Enzo. He put the harness in her hand and led her out to the table. She was getting stiff already and sore. She was quiet. Brian knew part of it was all the pain relief spells Robert had had to use to make her comfortable. Brian helped her to a seat and Michael put the mug of soup in front of her and took her hand and put it on the mug handle.

"You'll like this soup," Michael told her gently. "Try to eat something. Cola, root beer or orange soda?"

"Orange, please," she said. He opened a bottle and put it at her place. "At your 2 o' clock. Bread at your ten. Fruit salad?"

"Um..no thank you. Not right now," she said softly.

"Okay. But I do expect you to be able to do a cup of soup," he said, tossing Enzo a large dog biscuit.

"Its a 16 ounce mug, Michael," she said.

"Its only one mug."

"That's lame, Michael. Especially for you," she said.

"Patronize me, huh?" he asked, sitting down after putting all the soup bowls out.

"Thank you, Michael," Robert said, "Its great soup. Alright, you lot. I expect you to try to have a very quiet day today. Khaat, you and Brian should make use of the hotel heated pool sometime today before bedtime. You have no more open wounds. The warm water will do you good. It will relieve some of the stoving up of your sore muscles."

"Am I bruised?"

"Thoroughly."

"Then I'll soak in my tub."

"Use a glamour spell to hide the bruises temporarily and go," he laughed softly.

"We'll go," Brian said gently. "It really would be helpful."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Jim saw Khaat move to the table and moved there himself he sat and began to eat he heard Khaat and Brian say they would go to the pool " may I join you both in swimming at the pool" he asked softly as he continued to eat he chuckled as Khaat commented on the size o the mug he wanted her to eat her soup from. " well its still one mug " he said softly " its delicious and nutritious too " he added finishing his own and sitting back smiling as he felt satisfied and warmed from the cold air outside.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 pm

"As long as you don't let Enzo in the pool, sure," Brian said. "I think they'd throw us out."

"You could swim in the canals," Michael shrugged.

"No."

"No, please don't do that," Robert laughed. "I don't want to be bailing four adults and a dog out of jail. That might be a bad idea."

"Daddy," she said, "how much longer before I can see?"

"I don't know, Sweetheart," he said, feeling for her. "It's coming. Not as fast as we'd like, but its coming. I think you'll start to recognize some shape definition, and then it will just get stronger until it comes back."

"I didn't think the stone would ever hurt me," she said.

"It wasn't trying to hurt you. It was trying to save your life. Its designed to protect you. I thought Remus told you that."

"He did," she sighed.

"Try not to stress."

"You know," Michael said, changing subjects, "If we go out the back of the hotel and throught the alley and then over to one of the old streets, there is a tiny little chocolatier there who doesn't advertise it but he makes the most amazing dark chocolate gelato in the world. Its so dark, its almost black. And he has a few different flavors. I do believe he has one where he has added candied dried orange peel to it. And I know that's one of your all time favorite flavors, Khaat."

"It is," she said.

"Well, maybe we should take a slow, gentle walk over there, let him see if he can make us sick of chocolate..."

"With Khaat?" Brian frowned. ""Wont happen. She can't ever be out-chocolated."

"I think it would be fun to try, though," Michael laughed.

"If she's up to it, you should go," Robert said. "The stoving will be worse tomorrow and the next day as the muscles tighten up. I will try to help with that, but if she's up to it, you could try it. Otherwise one of you might as well buy several pounds of chocolate and gelato and bring it back for her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Jim chuckled at Robert having to rescue them from the police but he smiled at Michael's suggestion of the gelato he liked that it was dark chocolate as that was his favorite. " I'll go if shes not up to it, I know the place he means its not far" he said he was about to take out his pipe but he just smiled and slipped it away again not feeling that he needed it. Standing he gathered the empty plates and placed them in the dishwasher ready for it to be set going while they were out or just to be washed before bed.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 pm

"Thank you," Michael said, appreciating the help in the kitchen. "If we're staying in tonight, I think I shall make one of Khaat's favorites. I will make a very traditional Italian veal piccata with shallots and capers in a white wine sauce."

"And what time are we eating?" Robert said, laughing.

"I distinctly remember you saying tthey didn't need any other parents except Jim and me right now. Go home, Robert," Michae laughed.

"Ah well, it was worth trying."

"If you ask nicely, I'll make it for you to surprise Kate with on your anniversary."

"Ah, now thats a good thought. Do try to keep any other drama from my daughter's life for a few hours, would you?" Robert asked, getting up. He went over and stood behind Khaat, rested his hands on her shoulders lightly and kissed her cheek lovingly.

"I'm sorry, Daddy," she said very softly

"Whatever for, my love?" he asked, stroking her blackened cheek.

"I dont mean to cause so much trouble. Really."

"Now you listen to me," he said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders enough to love her but not enough to hurt her. "You didn't do this. You didn't ask for any of it. Khaat, this wasnt at all your fault. Is that what this is about?" She didn't reply. He sighed heavily. "I want you out of this for a bit. I know this is getting to you, but this is about James. Its about that damned plague. Its about unfinished business with Grindelwald at the Ministry. I knew you'd come under fire when we went back just for being my daughter, but I didn't know it would be this much. I am so sorry. If I could take your place or take this all from you, I would."

"You don't regret my drawing you into this?"

"I do not regret, nor will I ever, anything--anything--when it comes to you. If there is anything I would die for in this world, it is you, your mother, my grandkids...Khaat, you've given me everything I ever wanted in my life, far beyond any expectation I ever had for it. Don't you know that?" He saw a couple of tears at the corners of her eyes, and he whispered very softly into her ear. She listened and then nodded. He brushed the tears away. He kissed her cheek again and stood up. He looked at the others. "Don't let my princess be sad today."

"She might be your princess," Brian said, "But she's always going to be my queen. I will take good care of her."

"See that you do," he said, apparating out.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top