Marriage is Murder - Page 63
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 63 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 63 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 63 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Cassidy smiled and nodded as she placed the things away in wardrobes and draws. " its fine and so are the kids they miss you but are happy playing the nannies are keeping them entertained" she said then watched as Khaat stood up moving with Enzo to the door " I guess so " she said softly and followed behind them hoping nothing was wrong and they would not walk into a trap " I know he was stressed when we arrived " she said " but other than that he seemed ok" she said as they moved down to the potions lab and to Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Khaat went down to the study and found the door locked. She wasnt' taking that from her father. She raised her bandaged hand and fired. The wounded hand overshot the spell and almost blew the study door off the hinges. It threw her backwards to the floor, and when Brian saw her falling, he deliberately fell with her, drawing her into himself to keep her from being harmed even further when she hit the floor. Dust and debris fell in the echoing silence in the house.

Her father looked up from his desk. "Don't do that again," he said dryly. "I used to like that door." Michael got up and went out into the hallway, as Angus and Kate came running at the sound of another explosion.

"Khaat," Michael said, reaching down to her with both hands. "let me help you up. Are either of you hurt?"

"No," Brian said. He looked at Enzo. He seemed unphased. "Your owner must have really been something else."

"He was an alchemist," Angus said. "Enzo is used to things going 'boom.' "

"Well, that makes one of us," Brian said, getting up, as Michael helped Khaat up. He looked up and noticed something odd. Robert was dressed all in black. His mission wear. And so was Michael. "What are you doing?" Brian asked, his tone becoming serious.

"He's being stupid!" Khaat charged. Robert looked up from the desk drawer he was looking in and scowled at her.

"Did she just use that word in connection with me?" Robert asked Michael.

"Sounded like it to me," Michael said. "Child, when has your father ever, in his entire life, been stupid?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Cassidy ducked around a corner as she saw Khaat blow the door off its hinges. She dove back around along with Jack , Jess and Steven all with wands drawn. Seeing it was Khaat Steven placed his away but Jess kept hers out along with Jack they like Khaat had seem Robert dressed in black and were curios as to why he would and not in for them he was going on a mission but then also knew Khaat was there mission for now , protecting her was priority for them but they still wanted to know and stood with Khaat and Brian. " yea whats with the mission wear. " Jack asked being the more brash one of the group.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 28, 2012 11:26 pm

"Stay with Khaat," Robert told them, flicking his wand to repair the door. He watched the pieces reassemble and repair the study door. "Michael is going along. It won't take long."

"You are NOT going to go there for me!" she said angrily. He walked around the desk, and laid his hands very gently on both her shoulders, looking into her bandaged face. "With all due respect, I don't see how you can stop me, my dear," his voice was soft and quiet.

"What are you doing?" Brian asked.

"I'm making a short outing," Robert said. "I have a new piece of intelligence that gives Tom Gelding every single reason in the world to hate James even more than we do. I'm just planting a seed, that's all. I'll have Michael with me. It isn't as dangerous as it seems. I had planned to go alone, but Michael, it seems, wants to watch my back. So I'll take him with me. What I want you lot to do is to decide if any of you are going to have enough energy to take night watch tonight."

"I'll do it," Brian said. "I'l take the night watch."

"No. You wont. You're on leave until I say otherwise," Robert said, doing his best to reel in his own stress and show nothing but calm and solid leadership to his family. "You nearly died a few hours ago. You'll good night's sleep tonight because I say so. And you'll stay beside my daughter--where you belong." Brian sighed. He knew Robert had his mind made up.

"We've done this mission before, and you all know it," Robert said. "It would not be the first time we deliberately gave information to Gelding. We've done it and survived. This is not James. Its just Gelding. Stop the unnecessary worrying."

"What is it you know?" Brian said.

"Not tonight," Robert said, looking at Khaat's eyes that were blindfolded with bandages and gauze. Sometimes enough was enough. Sometimes they did need to trust his judgement. "Maybe in the morning when we're all a bit more rested. Michael and I can shoulder this for now."

"How long have you had this information?"

"About 2 minutes," he said. "Long enough to know what I have to do." Brian looked at them both. Michael had always been more than willing to die to protect Robert. He trusted Michael to watch Robert's back.

"Will it be enough? Just the two of you?" Brian asked. Robert nodded, tucking a dagger into his belt and laying a second on the desk--one Michael picked up and tucked into his own belt--just in case. Neither expected to use it.

"I'll help with the night watch when I get back," Michael said. "I'm a night owl. Just an occupational hazard. You've all had a tough day. If you need a night to rest, I do understand. I could manage by myself...."

"I would prefer you had a back up, Michael," Robert said. "Do you lot think you can be without me for one hour?"

"You are NOT throwing yourself to Tom Gelding!" Khaat protested.

"Were you honestly listening, my dear?" he asked her softly. He understood that she'd been through so much today that it was nearly impossible for her to get a grip on her nerves. He didn't blame her for that. She had a right. "I am not throwing myself to Gelding. I'm purposely setting him on James. In this case, the old saying is true. The enemy of our enemy is our friend. At least about this."

"This sounds a little dangerous," Brian said.

"The danger will not come until James finds out what I've done," Robert said. "And I intend to be home by then. In the meantime, it is critical that you lot will scour this property and be absolutely sure James has no markers here. I do not have any reason to believe he does. My property's location is not even on file at the ministry--on purpose. There is nothing to enable him to find this place unless someone I trust has betrayed me. And I find that highly unlikely. I trust you can deal with keeping the farm safe for just an hour."

"I'm going along. I can be great bait," Khaat said. She felt Brian's grip on her automatically tighten out of his own raw nerves and fear.

"Khaat," Michael said, coming over and brushing a soft kiss across her cheek. "You do 'bait' better than anybody else I know."

"That's because so many people already think of her as bait," Robert said dryly.

Michael ignored him and continued talking with Khaat. "We need speed and stealth tonight," he told her. He looked up at the rest of him but continued speaking to her. He wanted them to pick up the hint he was giving them as well. "I brought you a box of the finest chocolate truffles in the world. Enough for you all to make yourselves sick on them. I brought you some Greek baklava, and I also brought you some lovely Southern Pecan flavored French Roast beans for some of the best coffee you'll ever sip in your life. I expect you to enjoy a lovely 5 star snack with your friends and hold dinner for us. Its only an hour. Khaat, I need you to trust me. Even if you think your father is overreacting. I need you to trust me. I'll bring him home. I swear." She didn't speak. He wrapped her in a loving hug. "I know you're frightened. You've all had a day straight out of hell itself. But I would never let anything happen to your father. You know that. I need you to just trust me for one hour." She hesitated and then slowly nodded. "Good girl," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue May 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Jack looked at Brian when he said he'd take the night watch " no you won't I will " he said " don't sleep much now anyway Brian" he said and Jess nodded bot folded her arms. and they all listened more to Robert Steven walking up be hid them all. Jess was going to say something when Khaat spoke about being bait but Robert got to it first and she stayed quiet next to Jack who also just stood listening.

" whats the mission?" Steven asked standing level with Cassidy " maybe one of us can go with you as back up" he said softly as he looked at Michael " no offense, but if you get taken out whose left to get help " he said looking at him " your good but not that good ".
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Michael looked at Steven with one slightly raised eyebrow. "I beg your pardon? No offense?" Michael asked. "Look, Tex, I've been going on these little errands with Robert since before you were born. What makes you think you're so much more experienced than I am?"

"Enough," Robert said, his decision already made, cutting the discussion short before it got started. "I don't have time for this. I'm making a social call on Tom Gelding. We've done it for years, and no doubt, we'll be doing it for several more years. As I said, I was going alone, but I changed my mind and Michael is coming along. I'm not looking for a skirmish. I'm giving him some news I'm sure he'll want to know. The more people we take, the more of a fight we'd be inviting when, in fact, I'm asking for his help before he's too clever to figure it out. He is a bit thickheaded, and I plan on using that to my own advantage. Now--you have your assignments. Scour the grounds. Straight away. I want to be sure that this farm is as secure as I think it is. Michael, are you coming?"

"I wouldn't miss a chance to 'socialize' with Gelding again for all the money in the world," Michael smiled. Michael walked over and stood beside Robert, and they apparated out.

"They're gone," Brian told Khaat. "They'll be alright. I know your dad. He''s probably going to just drop off an owl or a message and come right back. If he's going to do this in an hour, he's not planning on conversation. They'll be right back, and they'll be alright."

"They'd better be," she said, "Or I'll hunt down Gelding myself. Brian--look on Daddy's desk. Anything there that tells us what this new information is?"

"You want me to spy?" he asked, only the slightest tip of a grin on his face.

"Yes," she said. He stifled a need to laugh and looked around on the desk. He saw nothing.

"Nope. As usual, he's a step ahead of us and he's hidden it." He looked at the others. "I guess we're going to be sure James has no markers here. Who's with me?"

"Brian," Angus said gently. "He asked you to stay with his daughter. You do as he says. There are enough of us to search the grounds. We could stay with her, but we won't be the support to her that you are. I'll take your place on the search."

Khaat suddenly felt even more like an invalid. A vegetable. Useless. An anchor around Brian that he would have been well to do without. She clutched tight Enzo's harness and turned around sharply. "Forward," she ordered the dog with as much strength in her voice as she could manage. Enzo led her out of the study. She was angry. Frustrated. And she wanted out. She wanted to just run.

"Hard for a seer to be blind, isn't it?" her mother's voice said softly in her ear in the hallway.

"You have no idea," Khaat replied.

"No, but your great grandmother was a seer, and she went blind before she died. I remember what that was like for her. I do have a vague idea. Come sit down," her mother's voice was always the voice of reason in a world that seemed to have none left. Kate took her daughter's elbow and led her gently to the living room and accio'd in a couple of mugs of tea. She put a tea mug into Khaat's hands and folded her hands around the mug.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 am

Steven sighed as he heard Micheal snap at him before he and Robert had left, Steven said nothing. He had only wanted to do something other than sit around the farm like a glorified farm hand. He turned around after they left and stormed off out into the grounds leaving cassidy shaking her head . " Now hes angry" she said moving to the kitchen to see if Angus needed any help . Jack and Jess moved out side too but to sit again in the fresh air both just enjoying each others company, Jack watched the birds while Jess just lent back an was held in jack's arms .

" might go into the fishing village , you know to see what they have might find some nice things for the shop" she said and jack nodded.

" I'll come with you" he said and smiled down at her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 30, 2012 11:02 am

Khaat had heard them. She had heard Steven's temper. He either couldnt take an order any more or was sick of having to stoop so low as to protect her. Jack and Jess had abandoned the orders as well and had gone into the village. She could take no more.

"Sod you all!" she stood up, snatched up Enzo's harness, and before Kate could get to her feet, Khaat had taken her wand and apparated out entirely.

"Brian!" Kate shouted. "She's gone!"

"What!" Brian had heard Kate's shouting and came running. "Where'd she go?"

"I don't know," Kate sighed. "She heard Steven and Jess and Jack, and she just left."

He groaned, frustrated. "Kate," he ordered, "Call in men from Paris to do the jobs that Jack and Steven clearly do not want to do. Angus can't do it by himself. I'm going to try to find her."

"I'll go help him," she said.

"After you call for some additional help," Brian said. He was, personally, getting sick of them choosing when they wanted to follow Robert's orders and when they did not. He knew Robert would give them yet another chance, but Brian, at that moment, was in the mood to fire them. Flat out. He looked outside and saw it was beginning to rain. "Great. Just great," he sighed. Kate accio'd a spare wand from Robert's study and pressed it into his hand

"It might not be the best fit but it will do until we replace yours," she said.

"Thank you," he said, apparating out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Jess looked at Jack and then moved inside the house " whats going on? we weren't leaving right now, I said I might go, not that I was going." she said and sighed as Jack nodded " we would never leave not now, Stevens the one with the problem not us. " she added watching Kate give Brian a wand . Jess stepped back still puzzled at why they would be annoyed at them when they had done nothing wrong they were still at the farm. Jess moved to the kitchen and started to make some food for every one to take her mind off what was going on though Jack stood with Brian.

"Do you want me to secure the perimeters?" he asked knowing security was key right now after bloods attack.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 pm

ooc: brian is gone. he apparated out. i will presume you mean angus.

"We need to look for markers here," Angus said quietly. "I dont' think James has ever penetrated Robert's defenses here, but we need to be certain." Kate pushed past them angrily and put on a long heavy rain cloak and pulled up the hood and went outside. Immediately things were pushed about and blown apart. Flowerpots blown to pieces as she walked past them. Patio furnture thrown. Flowers rooted out of their best and hurled across the yard, Paving stones tossed into the distance. "Oh hell," Angus said softly, seeing Kate's unintentional magic making a path of destruction in her wake as she started to walk the yard in the rain. Thunder rolled overhead, and a bolt of lightning lit the sky as the wind began to kick up fast and hard. "I don't know where Mother Nature stops and Hurricane Kate begins. I suggest we just stay out of her way unless our shields are in place. I've never seen her do this before. I think I will go help her. Quickly. Before she decides to take out that anger on me too." Personally, he was hoping Steven would have enough sense to stay well out of her way.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top