Marriage is Murder - Page 62
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 62 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 62 of 100 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 62 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun May 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Jess looked as Cassidy and Steven offered to get the clothes " I'll take Enzo with me at the same time and we can get his things " he said " aw gonna have to explain to him why he needs to be on a lead instead of being on his own" he thought more then shook his head " no I don't hes a working dog so special privileges " Steven looked at Cassidy who nodded her head as she too stood up ready to leave . " we'll be back quickly" he said and headed up stairs " Enzo shopping. " he said and the dog bounded down to him and he chuckled kneeling down he took hold of Enzo's collar and cassidy and aperated every one away. This left Jess making a fresh pot of tea while Jack paced out side the farm house racking his mind over where James might be.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Robert had not realized that Jack had gone outside. Michael got down the firewhiskey and poured a couple glasses. Robert took one of the glasses, gratefully. Then he got his gold cigarette case and a gold lighter from the desk drawer in his study and got out one of the cigarettes. He put them in his shirt pocket. As he passed back through the kitchen towards the back door, Michael said, "Might I be interrupting if I go see them?"

"No," Robert said, not looking back. "Help yourself." He stepped out the back door so that he was out of sight from them and lit the cigarette . He was stressed more than he wanted to show. He was working deliberately very hard to help his family feel confident and calm in some terrifying circumstances. They depended on him, and he knew it. But many times, that left him feeling very alone with his own thoughts and feelings. He stopped in the quiet of the outdoors, listening to the birds and the late spriing breezes and took a puff off the cigarette, holding the firewhiskey in the other hand. Right now, he felt like he needed all the help he could get. And if he got it, for the moment, from a cigarette and a shot of firewhiskey, then it was just going to have to be okay.

Michael's gaze followed Robert for a moment. He had a damned good idea what his best friend was up to. He decided to just peek in and let Khaat and Brian know that he was here and wasn't leaving. Then, at some point, after he'd given Robert a moment to himself, then perhaps he'd go out and take his own drink and a cigarette and go join him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 28, 2012 12:13 am

Jack walked around the property and was some what surprised to see Robert smoking by the back door of the farm house. Slowly he walked up to him " hum things that bad huh?" he asked folding his arms across his chest " never sen you smoke except when really stressed , guess this qualifies" he said and smiled at him " don't worry if Kate doesn't know I won't say, just been out looking around every ones tucked in and fed , quite a spread you got here" he added feeling it was a nice farm. He watched and smelt the unmistakable odor that told him Michael was inside " think I'll stay out here with you for a bit, I don't think Michael and I get along too well" he sat down on a rough wooden bench and looked out over the view he had.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 28, 2012 12:57 am

"Kate knows I smoke," Robert said. "She doesn't usually say anything because I maybe smoke five a year, if that. She doesn't really care, typically. I get more static from other people, honestly, because they seem to believe that I'm as composed on the inside as I sometimes look on the outside. Or they think I'm supposed to be. You have no idea how much disapproval I get sometimes for this." He took a sip of the firewhiskey slowly.

"And, yes. I am stressed. Khaat and Brian both nearly died today. Khaat almost died twice in just a matter of a few minutes. I do not want to have to raise my grandchildren because she and Brian arent' here. My daughter is blind, partially deaf, with a huge knot on her head, smoke inhalation, burns, and a leg wound that will definitely scar if I don't take care of it correctly. The young man I raised as my son nearly drowned and has a hard enough hit to his head that he might well have a concussion. I'll just have to wait and see on that. He is going to bruise because of those monsterous boat chains and he swallowed enough seawater to have breathing issues for few days. I have to watch that too. Not to mention that their dream home--the one home they actually bought together--has been destroyed. And all before lunchtime. Its a bit much even for me.

"I'm sorry to say this since Blood is, at least biologically, your brother. But--I cannot let this go on. Tom Gelding is, in comparison, just not as smart or as ruthless. And when we strike him, it does take him awhile to recover. I am seriously considering more or less 'feeding' Blood to Gelding. Except that I fear that Gelding would not prevail. That's been the only thing that has kept me from directly providing Gelding with enough information to track Blood for himself. Jack--regardless of what you promised to me--I release you from it.

"When Blood comes back, and he will, if I must, I will offer myself to him as bait to draw him out and to distract him. But if I do that, I will have to rely on the rest of you to be willing to ake him out without putting yourself at lifethreatening risk. If you see he's truly going to kill me, then let me go. Save yourself. Realistically speaking, I know that wizards live a bit longer than muggles, but I've lived a long life. I have an incredible family, and none of them will want for anything for the rest of their lives. You all have small children to raise. Don't risk that for one old man.

"I want this business with him brought to a close, and if thats what it takes for a quick close, then that's what I'll do." His biggest fear was not in being ripped to pieces by a werewolf. His biggest fear was that if he died, Khaat would surely lose her mind without him. And he still didn't know what would happen to her life energies, since she was bonded with him, if he died. He hadn't been able to find anything in the wizarding literature that told him whether Khaat could survive the breaking of a bonding spell if he died. He just didn't know, but he didn't believe this was the time to bring that up.

"Michael?" Robert questioned. "I have never, not one time, ever heard Michael say he doesnt' like you. I didn't know you were having issues with him. He doesn't usually discriminate against anybody. Now Jim is another story. He doesn't like werewolves. Never has. That's just him, though. What's the problem with Michael?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Jack stood and listened to Robert vent to him he knew it was just a relief for him and nodded understanding completely how he felt " I'd be the same if it was Jess, Robert " he said and lent against a wall as he waited. He didn't talk but let Robert continue talking he knew at the end it would be all out in the open. it was then he heard Robert speak of Michael, " no hes a good man but he treats me like I'm a child , guess to him I am, and thanks to you I'm still learning how to cope being and staying human." he said softly and hung his head a little . " I do slip like a child I guess but your there to push me back on the right path." he looked at him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 28, 2012 8:48 pm

"Hm. I hadn't noticed he'd done that, but you're clearly offended by something. What is it exactly that happened between the two of you? Michael clearly has no idea there is even a problem." It wasn't like Michael to try to make anyone feel badly. He did nickname everyone, but that was just Michael. And he did expect high performance from people, but he expected it from himself.

Upstairs, Michael went up to see Khaat, and simply said, "Hello, MIchael."

"Michael?" Khaat asked. Michael saw the bandages over her eyes, and his heart went out to her.

"Hello, Sweetheart," he said, going over to her and wrapping her in a warm hug. "How do you feel?"

"I'm alright," she said. "I've been worse."

"Yes, you certainly have."

"Its just a flash burn," Brian explained.

"I suppose thats the good part about it,"

"The villa is gone," she sighed.

"Gone?" he asked, sitting on the bed.

"We'll rebuild," Brian assured her.

"One thing at a time," Michael said. "You two need to get back on your feet first. Houses can be replaced."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded " yeah he did " he said " but its alright " he said and smiled at Robert as he lent back on the wall " well every things set, fed and watered " he glanced around the farm " I'll make sure nothing gets too close and Steven can tend to the other needs of the animals if they need it " he said he took a deep breath in and smelt Roberts cigarette smoke " they smell nice , not that I want to start myself " he said " but the smoke smells nice " he smiled as Jess walked out and smiled seeing him.

" ah there you are thought I heard voices " she said and completely ignored Roberts smoking close to Jack.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 28, 2012 9:41 pm

"Alright," Robert said. The hell with it, he thought. Michael wasn't going to give it 5 seconds of thought or energy if Jack didn't speak up, so Robert wasn't going to either. "I guess I'd better get back to work, then," he said. He took one more long lazy drag off the cigarette and then crushed the end of the cigarette beneath his foot. He drank the rest of the glass of firewhiskey in one gulp. "Excuse me. Some things only wait so long for my attentions." He went back inside and put the glass on the counter and then went into his study, shutting himself in so he could get to work.

"Kate," Angus asked after Robert had gone through. "Did I smell a cigarette?"

"You did," she said. "He's alright. He's just got a lot on his mind. I'd leave him alone if I were you."

"I don't have to be told twice," Angus laughed. "Can I help you prepare dinner?"

"How about I turn the kitchen over to you, and I'll follow your lead," she said.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay. Anything in the house off limits for me to use?"

"Nope," she said. "Make yourself at home. Angus, you're welcome to stay if you like."

"If you need me to, I'll be happy to. But if you don't need me, then I'll go help with the kids and help my grandfafther with the villa and make those arrangements for Brian for a few days in Venice." She just nodded as he began to get things out of the pantry. Michael came back downstairs. He frowned, not seeing Robert anywhere in sight. Kate motioned to the study. She was about to tell him to leave Robert alone, but Michael had already let himself into the study and closed the door.

"Um..is that a good thing?" Angus asked her.

"I have no clue," Kate laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Jack nodded and looked at Jess who looked at Robert " didn't mean to interrupt" she said then heard his words " ok Robert I came out for some air " she said and watched him gulp down the whiskey then leave to go back inside, she lent on Jack who shook his head and sighed along with her.

" hes stressed to the max" Jack said softly as they both looked out over the farm and the view beyond it.

" I know now why Kate likes to paint I think I would with a view like that " Jess said smiling and glancing back at Jack. Steven returned and looked at Angus as he washed his hands in the sink, cassidy took the clothes and things to Khaat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 28, 2012 10:24 pm

"Thank you, Cassidy," Brian said. He looked down at Khaat. she had curled up, her head on his muscular chest and she had fallen into a very light sleep with Enzo laying across her feet. He was relieved she was getting a little rest finally. He picked up Khaat's wand and flicked it at the bag and ordered their things to resize and unpack. He watched the clothes come up out of the bag.

"You picked some of her favorites," he smiled. "And I think the rest are some of my favorite looks for her. You did really well. That should make her feel a bit more human again. Did you happen to see the kids? I know we just left them this morning, but I feel like I've been gone from my kids for a month."

Khaat jerked awake hard, and Brian clutched onto her. He started to try to soothe her and she pulled away. She got up, and Brian went to her. "Where are you going?" he asked her. Enzo stood in front of her and pressed his side against the front of her legs to let her know he was blocking her until she took hold of him.

"Let me go," she told Brian firmly. She reached down to the dog and took the harness.

"I'm not touching you. Where are we going?" he asked.

"Daddy," she said firmly.

"Is he alright?" Brian asked.

"Yes. For the moment. You arent' stopping me, Brian."

"Um...okay. Then I'm going along. Wait. Your robe." He helped her put her robe on and handed her the harness again. He glanced up at Remus's portrait. Remus was silent, just watching. He seemed to know already. Brian was hoping for a clue from Remus, but Remus just looked at Brian, still not speaking. Brian tried to interpret that as perhaps that there was no real danger since Remus was silent.

"I guess we're going down the hall," he looked at Cassidy and shrugged.

"Move, Dog," she nudged the dog.

"You forgot already?" Brian frowned. "Enzo, forward," he corrected the command. Enzo took his proper place at her side and led her out of the bedroom with Brian beside her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 100 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top