Marriage is Murder - Page 25
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 25 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 25 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Jim followed Robert and Kate back down to the kitchen he cleaned up the broken pieces of the window while he watched them attend to archangel. He smiled seeing the majestic bird on his perch. "Will he be ok Kate?" he asked and gave the bird a treat from his hand. Jim then moved back to his chair and sat down picking up his book once more as he turned the page to read again the storm still raging out side the window. He turned to look out his face reflected in the glass as a flash of lighting lite up the sky , all he did was sigh and turn back to his book.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 pm

"Yes," Kate said. "If he wouldn't be, Khaat would have her father's head on a plate. She loves that bird. After Brian moved to Paris, Khaat just sort of hid herself away on the farm in Remus's rooms. She didn't get a job, didn't even come out of Remus's rooms unless we asked her for help on the farm or unless Robert insisted on her presence at the table at mealtime. She put herself in exile for a lot of years. Robert and I used to catch her spending a lot of time just lost in his portrait, just staring at it by the hour.

"If there is one thing I regret, its that I did not insist that Brian come home and perhaps take her to Paris. But I didn't. Anyway in that timespan, I ended up with a mother eagle and some eaglets. We didn't think Archangel was going to make it, so I had to hand rear him when his mother gave up on him. Robert insisted Khaat be a part of that several times a week. And over time, she and Archangel grew attached to each other, so I trained him to be not just a pet for her, but a true companion, and to do her owling duties, and to protect her. He is fiercely loyal to her And if anything happened to him, I think she'd turn her father into a teacup with no hesitation whatsoever."

"Just make it a nice teacup if that ever happens, Dear," Robert yawned, heading back upstairs to bed. Kate just laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Jim turned to listen to Kate and smiled " ah companionship in hard times , its a wonderful thing. "He said smiling at the tea cup reference " I hope I'm not drinking out of one of your old enemies Robert " he said and raised the cup so he could see the design . Jim didn't care if it was or not he just enjoyed the tea inside " sleep well Robert I don't know how you can do that with the storm out side " he said smiling " I sure couldn't " he admitted. Looking over at Archangel he smiled " guess its you me and Angus tonight " he said sitting back in his chair.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 pm

"When Robert is tired, a storm doesn't bother him. He doesn't stress about what he can't control. He only stresses about the things he feels he can control and when he wonders if he's doing enough about those things," Kate said, "Goodnight--again." She followed him upstairs.

"How are we going to tell Khaat about you in the morning, Buddy?" Angus asked the bird, stroking his head. The bird headbumped Angus to get some more pettiing out of him. Then when the eagle settled, Angus sat down on the sofa.

"I've always liked storms," Angus said, yawning. "They relax me." It didn't take him more than about 30 seconds to fall into a sound sleep before he even got a chance to stretch out on the sofa.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Jim watched Angus with Archangel he nodded to Kate " hes one of the lucky ones , night Kate " he said and watched her leave he also saw Angus settle on the couch and fall asleep he accioed a blanket and placed it lightly over him shaking his head moving over to Archangel and petted him gently " looks like it you and me boy" he said but then he moved back to his chair. Looking out the window he saw the rain beating on the glass like a river . He gave a sigh and relaxed turning yet another page in his book as he kept watch.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Around 4 am, Archangel let out a shrill screech and began trying to flap his enormous powerful wings, even though one was immobilized by Robert. Angus jumped hard, with a jolt, and then groaned in pain because he'd slept for hours, unmoving, his neck in what was now a very painful kink. When he tried to straighten it, his neck was unyielding, cramped up hard.

"What was that for?" Angus scowled at the bird. The bird returned Angus's irritation was an equal amount of irritation and a rather demanding squawk. Angus looked at the clock. "You are a damninable creature of habit, aren't you? You'd have thought that since we saved your hide last night, you'd have been a few minutes off on demanding breakfast! Bloody bird!" He got up and trudged, painfully, to the kitchen and brought back a bowl of pieces of cooked fish and clipped it to the perch. The bird began inhaling them as if he hadn't eaten for months.

"Remind me to shoot 'im, would you?" Angus said to Jim, wanting ten more minutes before he had had to be rousted up. Instead, he headed to the kitchen and put on fresh tea and coffee and then headed upstairs for a very quick shower and shave before starting breakfast. He had at least 2 hours before breakfast was due on the table.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Jim looked over at Archangel and chuckled " right on time" he said walking over to him as Angus headed to the kitchen " wouldn't expect anything less , he was trained by Kate and Khaat" he said smiling the book he'd been reading now sat closed under the now empty cup. Storm broke last night " he said as he petted Arch trying to keep the bird calm while Angus prepared Archangel's breakfast. Smelling the coffee Jim moved to grab a fresh cup placing his old one in the washer he sighed and smiled at the hot fresh coffee.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Angus came back downstairs, his neck not feeling a bit better. By that time, Brian was coming downstairs, showered and shaved and dressed for the day. He'd already helped Khaat freshen up. He went into the kitchen to find coffee and saw Angus trying to get a start on the day but clearly having trouble.

"What's the trouble?" Brian asked.

"Slept with my neck in one position all night and now it won't move," Angus sighed, pouring himself a cup of french roast, his back to Brian. Brian simply walked up behind Angus and laid one hand on each side of Angus's head and gave it a sharp snap to the right. It made a loud popping and cracking sound, loud enough to be heard in the next room.

"Damn!" Angus cursed. "Warn a guy, would you?"

"If I had, it wouldn't have worked," Brian said. "Better?"

Angus tried to move. "I'll let you know when it quits hurting from you trying to turn it around backwards. You really do hang out far too much with Robert, you know that?"

'I'll take that as a compliment," Brian laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:33 am

Jim watched and winced at the crack he heard " ouch Angus " he said and blew across his cup "I bet you feel better though?" he smiled as he sat down noticing Jack come down his nose now red " wow um jack that nose could belong to Rudolph" Jack rolled his eyes.

" been sneezing all night now dis " he said blowing his nose one more time " fordot to take remedy. " he sighed and headed for the cabinet to take his potion. Jess came in her hair brushed and a thick jumper on her.

" morning" she said and sat down next to Jim.

" feeling better?" Jim asked and saw her nodded and sit back smiling now a little.

" not cold as much " she said " my magic still screwed up." she said
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm

"Join the club," Brian sighed saying to Jack. "Everyone's getting it, it seems. Angus, I am taking Khaat's tray up to her. I need to minimize more exposure not only to her but from her to others. Don't look for Abbey to be very active today. She's just not feeling well. He fever seems to be up just a wee bit today, and she's cranky."

"Don't worry about that, Brian," Kate said. "Robert is going to see to that." She went over to Archangel and checked him carefully. "He's doing very well."

"What happened to him?" Brian frowned.

"The storm threw him through the kitchen window," Kate said. "He broke his wing. Robert and I saw to it during the night. He seems to be dealing with it well."

"He certainly is. He demanded breakfast and ate every little bite," Angus laughed.

"Excellent!" Kate smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top