Marriage is Murder - Page 14
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Jim sighed and nodded " I would be too but Kate is a strong woman so is Khaat and I'm sure both will pull through this, and Ozzie, you are a strong man Kate knows this, she knows you can handle anything that comes your way and have a shoulder big enough to hold her and Khaat should that ever happen" he said and placed his hand on Roberts shoulder " mate your the minister and a grand father to some beautiful children who look and dote on you " he said and smiled he gave a sigh as he heard Teresa crying " ok got to go play father " he said and started to move away " Robert don't put your self down each one of us here look up and respect you as you deserve as a good, strong man"
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 pm

"Thank you," Robert said. He listened to Jim leaving. He sat down on the edge of the stone railing and smoked his cigarette in the quiet. A light on the lawm made him look back up at the house. Their bedroom. Kate was clearly trying to unwind. And he was sure she was doing it over a book. That actually wasn't a bad idea. But finishing his cigarette and then perhaps taking a firewhiskey up to Brian sounded better. After a moment of peace and quiet.

Upstairs, Brian had braced himself to simply sitting awake with his wand in his hand. Just in case. But when khaat jolted awake the first time, he gave up holding his wand to hold her instead. By morning, he was laying on top o the sheets with her locked in his arms like iron. If she would start to wake, for the one millionth time, he woul simply pull her tighter to him, reassure her softly in her ear and soothe her back to sleep. He knew there were times she had just never fully awakened. For him, it had been a long, long night.

He had heard Robert come up to bed around 3 am and go into his room and shut the door. The house was silent right now. The sun was just starting to come up over the eastern horizon. He was deeply relieved. They had all lived through another night. He yawned, tired, knowing the coffee tray would come floating up soon. What he didn't know was whether it was safe to leave her even to shower and shave. He brushed his hand softly across her forehead and cast a bit of a sleep spell, one just enough to let him leave her for just a couple moments. Then he headed to the shower. Another day. was beginning.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 am

Jim headed to the nursery he changed and fed Teresa from her bottle and lay her back down to sleep. He smiled thinking of the times he missed all the changes with his kids being out at work. Jim felt tired and moved to the spare room and lay down soon he slipped into sleep feeling they would get James one day and he would pay for all the hate and pain he had caused to Khaat and Kate and Robert in his soon to be short life. Jim woke next day to the sun in his eyes standing he moved to shower he felt he'd slept much longer than usual. Showering he moved down the stairs to the kitchen to make some coffee only to find fresh coffee already in the pot.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:17 am

Angus was working quietly in the kitchen. It was just another day. Well, sort of. Last night had been stressful. Robert and Kate had not sent for their tea, and Khaat's five kids were not awake yet either. It seemed people were all off to a sluggish start. Even normally insanely punctual Michael had not shown up this morning. So Angus was not hurrying with breakfast. It was baking, but he had turned down the heat on it and his pastries because there wasn't much of a sign of life in the house yet.

He yawned lazily, refreshed his own coffee mug and fed the cats and then heard Jim come downstairs.

"Well, there is someone conscious in the house besides me," Angus said. "This household hasn't slept in like this for a very long time. I don't blame them one bit. Everyone has been so stressed that perhaps they just need a bit of extra sleep. But even the kids don't care to wake up yet. Its rather nice to see all five of Khaat's bunch sleeping in a wee bit."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Jim chuckled seeing Angus yawning " will do them some good to sleep in a bit " he said poring out a cup of tea for himself " over slept myself today " after last night they deserve it " he looked at Angus as he blew over the top of his cup smiling " I wonder how she's feeling today whether the activity has affected that damn fever she's got" he said softly as he took the first sip of tea feeling it wake him up better than she shower he'd taken five minuets before. Jim looked at the table and placed his cup down " I'll help lay the table for breakfast I know the others aren't far behind " he said making plates come out of the cupboard and place delicately down on the table in front of him next came the cutlery and lastly glasses for juice. In the center he made a bouquet of fresh flowers appear in an engraved vase. Jim smiled and sat back " still can lay a table" he said chuckling to himself as he looked it over to make sure nothing was out of place.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:09 pm

"Thank you," Angus said, glad for Jim's help with the table. He finally began to hear some movement upstairs, so he began to fill plates. He knew that meant people were due downstairs momentarily.

Kate and Robert came downstairs finally with their five grandchildren and set them at the table. "Good morning," they said.

"Good morning," Angus said, handing them each a cup of tea. Robert was dressed for work. "You're still going in, I see."

"I have to," Robert said. "This illness is reaching epidemic proportions. We need every healer we can get there right now. And we're doing all we can for Khaat here. You all can stand guard and take care of her as well as I can. But, so you know I might well need Brian in London to help as a healer. Brian's writing out my instructions just in case I have to ask him to come in. I will try not to, but most of what she will need are things that you all can do yourselves. I expect her to sleep most of the day. She shouldn't be much trouble."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:35 pm

Jim looked at Angus and smiled " that's ok " he said and smiled more seeing Robert and Kate walk down with the triplets as they each sat in a high chair ready for breakfast just as he was about to say something Jack came down looking rather worse for wear and sneezing loudly.

" sorry I though it was the dust guess I cough Jess's cold , but I'm good " he said and smiled sitting down as he took some coffee , Jim slid a box of tissues over to him and chuckled. Jack took them and blew his nose. Cassidy walked down next with Steven who after getting his coffee sat down.

"the barn was well battered and we fixed a hole in the shield where we think James came in, its patched up and stronger " he said taking a drink of his coffee, cassidy took some sweet tea and shook her head as she saw Jack.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 pm

"The barn?" Robert frowned. "I can understand damage to the shield, but I didn't know there was a problem with the barn. What the devil happened out there?" Angus put bowls in front of all of the children and then floated plates to the table. Dakota started eating as usual, and so did the triplets. Abbey was picking this morning. Robert frowned. That just wasn't Abbey.

"Hey," he said to her. "What the matter? Not hungry?" She looked up at him, not saying a word and went back to chasing a piece of egg around on her plate with her fingers. "You okay?" he asked her. She got down off her chair and left the dining room without a word. And what Robert noticed first was that the beautiful smile that so delighted his heart was missing from her face this morning.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Jim watched and sighed " maybe she misses her mom" he said softly watching her go. Steven nodded at Robert.

" yes they tried to take the baby unicorn but the adults stopped them , Kate the females hurt a little , its just a small cut but she did ask for you" he smiled " she said you had gentle hands " he said softly he to noticed Abby " I hope she's not coming down with that virus.

" me nether its not something some one of her age could get over quickly" Cassidy said as she drank her tea.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Robert got up and left the table and went over to Abbey. She had gone into the living room and was just sitting on the floor. He knelt in front of her. "Hey," he frowned. "No smile for Papa today?" His voice was gentle. She shook her head no. She was playing with a strand of carpet rather aimlessly. He stood up, picked her up and sat her on his lap. He wrapped her close to him. "What's the matter?" he asked her, kissing her forehead. He noticed she was just a trifle warm. He laid his hand on her forehead and noticed she had just a trace of fever, a start of a sore throat, and a start of a stuffy nose. "Ah. Don't feel well?" he asked. She cuddled into him silently. "Papa can fix that," he said. He laid his hand again on her forehead and reduced her symptoms for a bit.

"Doggie hurt Mama," Abbey said. "Put Mama in box." Robert frowned. No one had told her that Khaat had been held in a cell.

"Did you have a dream?" he asked her. She shrugged. She didn't know. "Mama is fine. She's in her room with Daddy."

"No. Mama in box," she said.

"No, no. Come with me. I"ll show you," he said, getting up and taking her upstairs.

"That child has much too much of you and her mother," Angus told Kate.

"So it would seem," Kate said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top