Marriage is Murder - Page 57
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 57 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 57 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 57 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Jess felt herself regain control of her sight and smiled " he is that Khaat " Jess said and followed quietly behind Robert and Khaat as Enzo and Robert lead Khaat down stairs. Jess moved quietly to Jack who wrapped his arms around her waist as they watched Enzo lead Khaat out side. " hes quite a dog, Jack"she looked up at him. Jack nodded .

" should be with Edward's friend training him" he said watching as well threw the window as Robert, Brian and Edward walked Khaat down on the beach. Both getting feeling things would be alright and she would at least lead some sort of normal life.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Robert decided to allow Brian and Edward get Khaat acquainted with Enzo, and he returned to the house. "You two are looking like this is a permanent thing," he laughed. "No, no, no. I figure just a few days at best. You watch. Her hearing will heal first, then the burns and then her sight will return last, but she will be back to herself within a few days. It'll be fine."

Khaat and Brian and Edward got a distance from the house, and Edward could feel Khaat tiring. "You need to stop and rest," He told her. "You haven't been taking care of yourself. Stop and rest. Do you think you and Enzo can get back to the house on your own?"

"If not, I"m here," Brian said.

"Yes, but you're just the backup plan. You need to let them do this on their own," Edward said. "I'm going back to the house while you rest a bit. We'll see how you do. If you do it well, I might head home and let you practice." He walked back to the house. Brian helped Khaat sit down on the grass with him, and Enzo sat tight against her side.

"Remus tried to reach me earlier apparently," she told him.

"I know. Your father told me," Brian said.

"Should I try to reach him?"

"If you think you have the energy," he said.

"Maybe," she said. He let her lay back with her head in his lap, and she allowed herself to go deep into a visionary state. It didn't take long before she saw Remus's hand reaching out for her in the darkness. She took his hand and he drew her into a clearing in a woods. It was the same place he usually met her on the other side of the veil.

"You tried to reach me?" she asked.

"The stone didn't betray you," he said. "James' blood lust must have been dangerously high. The stone was trying to protect you."

"So, it amps up its power in direct proportion to the threat."

"Well, it surely seems to," Remus said. "Tell me--why are you depresed?"

"Depressed?" she asked. "Maybe because I can't see? Its hard for a seer to not see. Maybe because between Gelding and Blood I havent had any peace in years. Maybe because this damned plague is killing people and I can't do anything to help...Maybe its because I'm tired. And I miss you. And there are times when I'd rather be here with you." He let her vent, his typical half smile on his face.

"Well," he sighed. "I do understand that, but..." he paused to let her prepare for his rebuttal. "Seers do not need eyes to see. Thats not how that works so thats a lame argument on me. And its temporary and you know it. Gelding needs to be stopped. He's just stupid. But Blood--he's got too much bloodlust now. He needs to die. He's lost his humanity. He's becoming a bigger threat the more he embraces the curse. You need to watch your step there. And everyone with you. You're tired because you've stopped taking care of yourself. Thats your own fault, and you know it. You know how to fix it. And you can miss me all you want, but the fact is, I'm right here. And this is the way it will be until your time comes to cross the veil yourself. Don't think there arent' times I'd rather be there with you too, but...It is what it is. Robert is right, you know. You do need some time off. You do need to take some time to enjoy that new family of yours. Have some fun. When is the last time you just had fun?"

"I have no idea" she said.

"Well, then?" he asked. "You surely don't think that life on this side is all depression and gruesome and doing nothing but hovering over you lot, do you?"

"I dont know."

"Well, it doesn't work like that. I can keep an eye on you and enjoy my afterlife too. I suggest you try to find a way to do the same...." She began to feel she was fading from him.

"No!..." she wanted to stay. He just laughed gently.

"Come back when you can stay a little longer--like when your energy is recharged," he smiled and waved. And then he was gone. And she was waking back up in the grass with Brian.

"Brian?" she called.

"You're back?" he asked.

"I..think so," she said.

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Mon May 21, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Jess looked at Robert and chuckled softly "ow no her sight like you said will come back but who knows they might keep Enzo " she said smiling " the kids would love him I know cassidy said hers love kara when shes around but as of late she's returned less and less " she said and looked at Jack " maybe I can persuade Jack here to get a dog too one who can learn for Enzo" he smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head.

" you don't have to, Jess" he said smiling and holding her tighter " when this is over we'll get one preferable a rescue dog so he or she will have a wonderful life " he looked at Robert " if Brian and Khaat don't want to adopt Enzo , we will" he said as he saw Jess look out to Khaat and Brian.

" she's talking with Remus" she said softly and glanced at Robert " I do hope he persuades her to take time off " she added giving a deep sigh.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 pm

"Ah well," Robert sighed, "She always did listen to him more than anyone else on the planet. Its not like him to step in when the danger is over. I would guess he's feeling fatherly again. That's alright. Kate and I never did feel threatened by his relationship with her. Other people looked at us like we were neglegent parents, but it does appear that she turned out alright despite our efforts to muck it up. I would say with Remus and Brian and Enzo, she's in good hands at the moment. I think I'll have some fresh tea." He headed for the kitchen. "Anyone else want some?"

"I'll take a warm up," Edward said. "As long as your offering."

"Fine. Anyone else?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Jess smiled and picked up both hers and Jacks cup following behind Robert . Refilling the cups she walked back to Jack handing him it. Steven moved with his and made a fresh pot standing as he thought longer about the last item where it could be hid. " Robert that last items got Cassidy and I stumped " he said looking at him as he finished the fresh pot of coffee. " we looked in all the usual places, the beach the garage and every rock in between but still we cant pick it up , any thoughts?" he asked as he now stood holding the pot in front of him and pored his cup.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 am

Edward laughed. "I have several thoughts," Edward said.

"Have at it, then," Robert said. "You're the authority." Edward got up and went outside. He studied the outside of the house a long moment. Then he went around the house to where Khaat's bedroom was and started scanning the ground.

"Look for a place where perhaps a plant or a tree has been recently planted. Since the last time James would have been here. Or something that's new since you all were here last. Don't disturb it yet. Just look for it," Edward said. "I'm guessing there is still something significant out here."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Jack and Steven followed Edward out side and watched him the both nodded listening to him cassidy stood with them watching she'd searched the ground under that window first and if he found something she would not live it down at missing something right there. Jack watched closely observing how he moved and what he did finding it fascinating as he moved . Jess just shook her head and pored some more tea for herself before moving to sit down close to the window she smiled seeing Jack paying such close attention to Edward knowing he was learning from him. " do you think he'll find it ?" she asked and looked at Angus " I know stupid question since hes the best there is , its why Edward knows Robert " she said and glanced back out " but Blood's very cunning"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 23, 2012 9:55 pm

"I don't know that he's the best there is," Angus laughed, "but he is determined. If he doesn't find it, it won't be for lack of trying."

"Don't underrate him, Lad," Robert smiled. "His track record speaks for itself."

Outside, they kept looking, and after a long search, Edward found a small mound of dirt in the soil. He knelt down and examined it. "Here," he said. "This spot has been dug up and recovered." He stood and flicked his wand at it, casting a nonverbal spell. It dug a fairl deep but narrow hole in the ground. When the dirt stopped flying, Edward knelt and shined his wand into the hole. "Ah. That's what we're looking for." He accio'd a piece of torn fabric out of the hole. It was a lacy silk sleeve, covered in blood. It was filthy dirty.

"This has to be Khaat's," Edward said. "And the blood has to be his. H'e using one of her own objects with his own blood on it to act as a marker. He's tracking it through her energy signal and his. Theoretically, there is no telling how many others of these he might have in places she frequents. Or--to mark other locations for other potential victims. I think this may well the the last of what we're looking for, but I'm not entirely sure."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Jess chuckled and nodded " he is that Angus " " she said and stood up as she notice him dig in the ground " they found one " she said moving to the window " a sleeve with blood on" she relayed back to Angus and Robert. Jack watched as the wand dug up the item of clothing he looked at the men who stood in aw of Edward.

" ok go look for any disturbed ground and check it twice if need be" he said and they dove in all directions " he gave a sigh and looked around he saw a small hole under a rock and moved to it lifting it he found a locket "EDWARD OVER HERE!!" he called out as he tossed the stone to one side " what do you make of this , its got Khaats hair in it." he said smelling the oder coming from the object.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 pm

"its another marker," Edward said. "He's targetting her. Not Robert. Not any of the rest of you. Her. I presume its still part of the old Greyback-Lupin feud. I can't see that its anything she's done to him. Its his twisted principles. Or--if its Robert he's after, he's doing it indirectly by coming at him through her. I dont' think so, though. Unless he figures that getting to Khaat gets Robert's attention.

"I am not so concerned about this property. Despite the fact that he's gotten to her here and in Hawaii more than anyplace else. We can keep checking. I am more concerned that we check the places in England she goes the most. Her home. THe ministry, the hospital. Those sorts of places. Those are the larger, more immediate threats."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top