Marriage is Murder - Page 18
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 18 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 18 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:06 am

Jack watched till Kate motioned for him to follow he went down and smiled seeing them all at the table even Jess had managed to get out of bed and aperate over wrapped in a blanket. " I needed to get out of that house , now I know how Khaat feels " she said sounding stuffed up and a bit flushed but she was getting threw it. Jack moved and kissed her head gently as he sat with her she just ate the soft fish and potatoes she smiled at Abby " Abby I know how you feel I'm not that hot ether, its not nice is it? " she said softly and smiled as she shook her head Jess looked at Angus as he spoke that he had nieces and nephews he took care of.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 am

With her mouth full of fish, Abbey sneezed and sprayed her fish all over Angus's shirt.

"Bless you," he laughed, not bothered by the food spraying. Kate looked up and flicked her fingers at Angus's shirt and cleaned up the food quickly. "Thank you," he said. Abbey ate part of another chip and then just gave up. "Not hungry? he asked her. She just wanted off his lap. "Wait a minute," he said. He motioned for the one of the little dishes of sorbet he'd already scooped to float out to the table. "Here. Try this," he said. He took a spoon and put a tiny bit on the end. He fed it to Abbey who looked up at him with a spark of interest. "Good?" he asked. She nodded. He handed her the spoon. "Enjoy, then."

"How'd you get her interested in anything?" Kate asked.

"Doubled the flavor intensity in that batch for those who might not have much of a sense of taste," he confessed. "I know Khaat doesn't like conjured food for the kids, and it really isn't conjured. it just...well,,,"

"It had a little help," she smiled.

"Yeah. It did," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Jim chuckled " that will do it every time " he said smiling as he ate his food. Jack chuckled but Jess nudged him knowing how she felt, she lent closer to her and spoke softly " they don't know how it feels but I do" she said and patted her throat lightly to show she too had a sore throat. " got one for me Angus? " she asked pushing her savory food away from her and took one as she ate she smiled feeling the coolness against her throat and the flavor seemed normal but she knew that was due to her taste buds being down with the cold she had.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 pm

When lunch was finished, Angus helped Kate get the kids upstairs for a nap. Kate enchanted a stuffed toy to tell them a story and then just play soft music box style music until they went to sleep. While Kate did that, Angus took Khaat's tray back downstairs and took Khaat up a cup of hot tea with the potions in it that Robert had sent. On his way back down, Angus found Michael had set spells to have the kitchen clean itself. Once that was done, Michael went to Brian's office and made use of it for a project of his own.

Kate came downstairs and took a quill and some parchment and sent Archangel off with several owls to the various Diagon Alley shops regarding the Easter shopping and gifts. She knew what she wanted to do and she knew what Khaat had wanted. She also helped Khaat place the orders for what she wanted for Abbey's birthday, which Khaat had decided would celebrate Abbey and Dakota together, rather than two parties a month apart.

"Anything I can help with, Kate?" Angus asked.

"Just the food," Kate smiled.

"Got it under control," he smiled. "Not to worry."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Jim looked at Kate as he finished his food he looked confused " um isn't it Abby's birthday soon?" he asked hoping he'd not missed it in any way. He looked at the calendar and gave a frown. "Might need to take a trip into Hogsmead for some things " he said and jack nodded he agreed.

" ok we'll make a list we need too , if you don't mind" he asked and saw Jim smile shacking his head gently from side to side.

" not at all mate , write it down and I'll pick it up" he said smiling at them both " I have just the thing for her birthday" he said.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 pm

"May 9th," Kate said. "Dakota's birthday is in June, and Khaat has decided to celebrate them both on May 9th. Less confusion for the kids and for the rest of us. Hopefully people will be feeling well again by then. I think Khaat is hoping that since Abbey's birthday is on a Friday that if the weather isn't good enough here for us to be outdoors, we can go to Tuscany and have a party outside there. Or to Hawaii. I think its a splendid idea, actually."

"And, Khaat has asked for either a seafood feast if we're in Tuscany, a barbeque if we're here, or traditional kalua pork if we're in Hawaii," Angus said. "I have it all under control. And--I have an idea for a spectacular cake for the girls. Michael has agreed to help me with it because its very complicated. Its our gift to them--Michael's and mine. But we're keeping the design a secret."

"Sounds like we're going to need our cameras," Kate laughed.

"Well, if it turns out well, then yes," Angus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Jim relaxed knowing he had a few weeks to get things together for her like gifts and things Jack wanted " I'll still get them next time I'm in " he said Jack nodded he agreed. Jess picked up the plates and carried them into the kitchen for washing.

"That all sounds wonder full Angus." Jess said and smiled at Kate and Jim " a bit of relaxation sounds good both for Brian and Khaat" she added picking up two glasses, hers and Jacks from the table and again headed into the kitchen. Jack smiled and shook his head lightly.

" we'll bring our wizard camera nice to get some special pictured that way" he said seeing Jess return.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:56 pm

"Robert and I have asked Eli to do a wizarding portrait of both girls at age 2. Eli is so very gifted at those things that I know it would mean a great deal to her if he did it. She loves his art style."

"But Kate, you're so talented yourself, why don't you do it?"

"I did consider it, but I have another gift for Khaat's birthday this week that I'm working on for her. I was fortunate that I hid it in Robert's lab so that it was not harmed during the fire. I just hope I can finish it in time."

"Kate, after seeing you in that winter survival exercise, I believe you can do anything," Angus said.

"You're just now figuring that out?" Brian asked, coming in from the kitchen and taking a bite out of one of Angus's fresh cookies.

"How'd you get home?" Angus frowned. Brian frowned at him.

"Really? You have to ask? I walked," Brian teased.

"You know what I mean."

"I slipped out to come check on Khaat and Abbey. How are they?"

"Abbey is napping. Khaat is drinking one of her father's medicinal teas loaded with potions and trying to read some wizarding mystery book. It looked rather interesting, actually."

"Oh, I bought that for her at Christmas," Brian said. "She hasn't had time to read it until now. It had some great recommendations at Flourish and Blotts. Where is Michael?"

"Your office."

"Good. I have something for him." He headed down the hallway, drawing a teeny scroll out of his pocket and resizing it to be full size--which was large enough to require two hands to carry it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:04 am

Jim watched and saw and heard by the slight tone in his voice he'd found something he didn't want to share jut yet " I'll have to have a think on what I can get them both, Margaret ushualy gets the gifts " he said and smiled at them all. Jack smiled back finishing his drink he headed out to the grounds to do his rounds but not before kissing Jess on her cheek. Cassidy smiled and stood up moving the children to the living room and the play pen with toys for them to play with. Jim wanted to follow Brian but he held back knowing Brian would let them know in good time what it was he was showing Michael yet his curiosity still peeked and he looked at Kate hoping she would see his question in his eyes.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 am

"I have no clue," Kate responded to Jim's unasked question. "They're up to something. Clearly. I trust, though, that they have good reason."

Brian spent a few minutes with Michael and then went upstairs and checked on Abbey and Khaat before coming back downstairs.

"Robert and I plan on being home on time tonight" Brian told them.

"What are you and Michael up to?" Kate asked brazenly.

"Robert is sending Michael on a mission," Brian said. "Its best we stay out of it. He can't take anyone with him anyway. Did you think we were up to mischief?"

"It did cross my mind," Kate said.

"No," Brian reassured her. "Just Ministry espionage."

"I refuse to get into that," she said. He just laughed.

"How did Khaat do with her lunch?" he asked. "She just said she'd eaten, thats all."

"Well," Angus said. "She almost finished it. Its the first she's come even close to finishing a thing since she started with this business."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top