Marriage is Murder - Page 17
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 17 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 17 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Jim smiled but on hearing her next words was about to speak when Khaat told her of Abby "I'm afraid so Khaat " he said softly and looked at Kate again " hes working on developing a cure I believe as we speak " he said " but fresh air and god healthy food might slow it down " he said and smiled at her. Jack walked over to them as cassidy walked out onto the balcony. Jim looked at her " ok I'm going back in to help with the kids" Jim said " you need anything I can get Angus to send it out to you" he said slipping his hands into his pocket.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Khaat sighed heavily. She was trying to understand whether or not she had done something to bring this on her family. Her mother sat on the other lounge and looked at her.

"Stop it," Kate said.

"Reading my thoughts?" Khaat asked softly.

"No. I"m your mother. This whatever-it-is is going through all of us like fire. You didn't cause it. Nor did you carry it home to her. It is what it is. You and Brian both had your turns at being sick or injured as children. We didn't wish it for you, and we didn't cause it. All we could do was to be there for you and do our best to help you through it."

"I need to ask Daddy if I can be there for her."

"I already have. YOu can see her in limited visits--for now. But it isnt' good for her or for you to be together for extended periods. Not right now. Can I get you anything?"

"Um...maybe soem fresh coffee?" she asked.

"I'll send for it," Kate said, sending into the house for fresh coffee for her and for Khaat.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Jim smile and left jack guarding as he aperated into the house to help cassidy jack moved slightly closer to stand near by moving slightly as a tray with two cups and a pot of coffee floated by him. He knew most things kids get are caught by air or contact but this was different he gave a sneeze kicking himself for not bringing some cold remedy out with him it was then a cup floated to him and he smiled drinking it down he knew it had the potion in as no sooner he drank he felt much better.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Kate retrieved the coffee tray out of the air and they sat and had a cup of coffee together in the morning quiet.

"Tell me. Does last night still bother you?" Kate asked her.

"Yes and no," Khaat said. "What bothers me more is that I can feel him. He's still out there. And I think he's trying to find us again. I don't know why he can't find us so easily this morning but he's struggling. I can feel his frustration. Something blocked him."

"They laid new protection spells last night. And your father laid a new spell he's trying. Its related to an unplottable spell but it adds a layer of confusion on top of it so that any energies they think they get to direct them here causes confusion and sends them off into multiple directions that are wild goose chases." That made Khaat laugh.

"Daddy can be very creative when he has a mind to be," she said. "I would love to see James dashing all over the planet to all the places where I'm not."

"Me too," Kate laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Jack listened and watched around as he held his cup he was glad Robert had laid new spells but he also knew if James did show up he'd rip him apart he gripped the cup slightly tighter at this thought. He looked at Khaat " something tells me he won't be back in a hurry " Jack said his face showing his anger towards his ex brother. He looked at Kate knowing he had to keep his thoughts away from that and on his job. " I think Jess was feeling better today " he said " she wasn't as hot last night " he said softly feeling a breeze blow around them.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:21 pm

"Well, maybe it will run its course, then," Kate said. She looked up and saw Rene approaching across the yard. She excused herself and went to greet him. He hugged her warmly. There werent' many people who could still bring out the softer side of Rene, but Kate did seem to have that effect on him. They talked for a bit, and she seemed very pleased. After a moment or two, she returned.

"Rene says we are self sustaining with our water and our heat and air conditioning and lights now," she said. "The crops are in and the orchards are being planted. A new barn and storage facilities are going up. He's hired extra crews. He thinks we might have the constructiion done just before Easter."

"Excellent," Khaat said.

"The water has been done for a few days now. He did that first. The rest of it is coming along nicely. There are natural springs on the land, and he tapped into them easily. That and the fact that the streams and creeks are fed by the pond. And that's all sweet water. It looks like it won't be long before we will cut costs here to run the place drastically. He says we ought to be able to buy more livestock by the first of May. So, he's going to add the large herb fields next and the flower gardens. He did the essential things first, so all in all, it sounds like it is going very very well."

"Daddy and Brian will be pleased," Khaat said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Jack smiled as he listened to Kate tell them what Rene had said to her. " Yeah sounds really good " he said smiling feeling some what happy they would finally get good healthy food and good clean water that way nobody could poison their food or water they would be sustainable for days . Jack saw Rene and Kate and smiled glad to see her relax even if it was for a short time the orchard would be good to walk Jess and the kids under the blossom, he knew she liked that sort of thing also she liked painting them.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:42 pm

"As good as all that sounds," Kate said, "you really do need to go back inside and go back to bed and rest a bit, Khaat. You've been out here long enough."

"And besides that," Michael called from the doorway, "Lunch is ready. I'll send a tray upstairs for both of you, but we need everyone else to help make sure kids get fed. And yes, Robert and Brian have their lunches as well. Come and eat."

"I'm looking forward to it," kate said. She helped Khaat up, but the fever made Khaat's head spin. Kate clutched at her quickly. "Jack, lend a hand, would you? The fever is making her dizzy. I'd rather not have to pick her up myself."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Jack moved to Khaat and took hold of her and picked her up " bedroom right " he asked and aperated inside to right beside the bed and lay her down " better Khaat I think you over did it " he said looking down at her then stepping to one side as he knew Kate would want to check on Khaat herself. The tray floated up and jack held it giving Kate time to do what she needed. He placed it on the bed side table. " I'll be out side if you need me Kate" he said and moved to the doorway and stood as if on guard duty.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:57 pm

"Thank you," Kate said, following them upstiairs. She tucked Khaat back into bed and covered her. She laid her hand on her forehead. "Just a trifle warmer. Not worth worrying about. I think you just got tired. Now--lunch. You do need to eat." She made sure Khaat had thelunch tray and then went downtairs, motioning for Jack to come with her. She felt that Khaat would be alright long enough to eat.

She noticed that the others had helped the kids to the table. But Abbey wasn't interested in eating. Angus felt sorry for her. He picked her up from her place and took her and her little plate over to his chair and put her plate beside his and put her on his lap. He broke off bite size pieces of the fish and the potatoes for her. She would eat if he simply coaxed her a bit.

"Thank you, Angus," Kate smiled. "You're wonderful with her."

"I have nieces and nephews," he smiled. "I've done this before. Its not a problem."

"And top notich fish and chips, as always, Michael," Kate said.

"Indeed," Angus said. "You could have my job any time you want it, you know."

"No," Michael laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top