Care of Magical Creatures: Basic & NEWT Class 002 - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Care of Magical Creatures: Basic & NEWT Class 002 - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Care of Magical Creatures: Basic & NEWT Class 002

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Care of Magical Creatures: Basic & NEWT Class 002 - Page 5 Empty Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Basic & NEWT Class 002

Post by Freyja Podmore Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 pm

This was bad. It was the first class of CoMC that she was to attend and she was already late. How she was late, she had no idea. She knew they the class wasn't going to be held at the usual paddock, it was going to be held in the Forbidden Forest. The Forest wasn't an unusual thing for her, Yumi had been in there on multiple occasions, for plenty of different things. So it didn't frighten her, besides she was a Slytherin and she would be graduating soon, she shouldn't be scared of that place after being near it for seven years.

As she reached the entrance of the Forest, she saw that the last of the students in her class were entering it. So she could go with them, instead of having to find her way to them. She sighed in relief and broke into a light run to catch up to the class, the Professor more specifically. She had to explain why she was late to him, as she was sure he knew she hadn't been there since the beginning of class. "Good morning Professor. Sorry I'm a tad late. I got held up at the castle for something." she hoped this would be enough for him, and that he wouldn't ask her anything about it because she really didn't have any more of an explaination than that.

Yumi turned to see that most of the class was made up of Slytherins and to be honest she wasn't to happy about that. She knew what those of her house were capable of and she sighed. Her gaze turned and her eyes fell upon a Hufflepuff girl. Immediately recognising her, Yumi grinned and walked over to the younger girl. Her grin felt when she saw that the girl had been crying. "Kasumi? What happened?" she asked in a concerned yet angry tone. She hated to see the Hufflepuff girl cry, she was like the sister Yumi never had, and if someone had done something to her, they would pay.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Care of Magical Creatures: Basic & NEWT Class 002 - Page 5 Empty Re: Care of Magical Creatures: Basic & NEWT Class 002

Post by Katelyn Graves Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:35 pm

When Kasumi followed the Professor into the Forbidden Forest, she heard the Professor say something. She heard him say to say back after class. "How could today get any worse?" she mumbled to herself. "Yes Professor," said Kasumi in an unpleasant tone. She had 1,000,000 thoughts running into her head. Her heart was pounding and she started to sweat a little. She started to tear up again and calmed herself down. She turned around to hear a familiar voice. She couldn't quite make it out until she turned around to see Yumi walking towards her.

"Yumi! Oh today has been the worst day of my LIFE!" She said starting to cry again. She hugged Yumi very tightly hoping Yumi could do something. "Those two Slytherins Juliet and Dani have been NOTHING but cruel to me today Yumi! I dont know what to do considering how I have all this stress going on. You know that I hardly ever see my dad and how that it putting pressure on me."

Kasumi slowly slid down Yumi while crying her eyes out quietly and fell to the ground. She covered her face hoping no one is watching her cry other than Yumi. "Oh Yumi, I am not sure what to do. Those two Slytherins started yelling at me and I ran out of the forest and now I'm going to get a detention! I've never had one of those before and I'm not sure what to do!" Kasumi started heavily breathing and her pulse was racing. She knew that Dani and Juliet were going to do something to her for being so stupid.

Kasumi just layed in the ground wishing her life was over. Yumi was the only person at Hogarts she had. Yumi would be graduating this year and once she graduates, she will be all alone with Dani and Juliet. Kasumi's stomach started to hurt even more and she gained a migrain. She stared up at the sky hoping all this pain would go away. "I wonder if the Professor will let me take a personal call," Kasumi thought to herself. "Then maybe I can call my dad for a few minutes and maybe all this pain will go away." She snapped out of her thinking world and kept looking at Yumi. "I hope this all goes away soon, Yumi."
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 58
Special Abilities : Talking to Animals

http://clubpenguin909090.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:38 pm

The woods grew darker and more eerie as they made their way further into the Forest. New sounds of different creatures began to be heard and he was quite sure someone would be freaked out soon. Soon enough, as he had predicted, he heard a girl scream near the back of the group and he turned. She had been startled by a boy next to her touching her arm to get her attention. Jake smiled and turned bacl around, before quietly chuckling. It had always been amusing for him, to see others frightened of the Forbidden Forest.

A seventh year girl, soon approached him. Another Slytherin by the looks of it, though she seemed different from the other ones in the group. She apologized for being late and though her reason was vague, Jake allowed it to slip. "Don't worry about it today, Ms. Zante. I shall let it slide, bit please be sure to be on time." he told her in the softest voice possible so he didn't alarm any creatures in the vicinity.

Once the girl left his side, he resumed his path. They err getting close to their destination. It hadn't even been that long of a walk. Unicorns didn't live that far of in the Forest, but it was deeper than most would dare go. He turned to the class once they reached where they needed to go. A clearing with a few unicorns had been there destination, now he walked up to one of them. "Okay, class this is where we shall learn about this creature." he pointed to the unicorn. "First, can anyone tell me anything about a unicorn?" he asked them.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Valentine Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Juliet huffed out air from her lips angrily and glanced and the teacher, not wanting to cause any fights she just nodded. "Alright.." She mumbled more angry than before. Juliet looked down like she normally does and smiled as she saw a small picture by the toe of her sneaker. "Hm?" She asked herself, picking up the small picture and holding it between the pad of her thumb and her index finger. It looked like someone's father. She looked up once more and realized the man looked like Kasumi. She half smiled and decided to give it back. She was already in enough trouble. she didn't need more.

Juliet walked over to Kasumi and gave the small picture to her. "Here. Even though I don't know you, I know what it's like to miss your father.." She said, looking down, her eyes brimming with tears. She missed her father something terrible but she didn't let anyone know why she was so upset sometimes. Only Danny knew. Her own mother didn't even know how upset her father's death had caused her.

Juliet sighed softly and looked up to see Yumi. Another girl from her house, whom didn't really seem to fit in exactly with the other students in her own house, but that didn't stop her from liking her. She actually didn't have anything against other students. She was just very territorial. She looked at Kasumi and shook her head. "Just because You're a hufflepuff and I'm a Slytherin doesn't mean I know how you feel." Juliet said, angry once more at Kasumi.

She Understood she didn't do anything to her but she still wanted to feel something beside hate towards herself. Juliet glanced at the students around her. She didn't know many of them, but she had played many cruel jokes on some of them. "I'm sorry.." She said slowly walking away from Kasumi, She didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. She looked at Dani and smiled sadly. Dani was her only true friend she could trust. And she knew she had to change that, even just a little.
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Yumi sighed and looked down at the younger girl as she began to slide down her. "Kasumi." she said. "Get ahold of yourself." she commanded. She pulled the Hufflepuff girl up to her feet and looked at her straight in the eyes. "You can't let them get to you. You have to be strong. I know how you feel, you know that very well. And you also know how hard it is for me to deal with it. But if I can do it, so can you. You just have to try." she told the girl.

Just then one of the other Slytherins, one of the two girls Kasumi had mentioned, Juliet Valentine, approached them. She held a picture of Kasumi's father and was trying to return it to her. Yumi knew how both of them felt, not being able to be near their fathers. After all she had lost not only her father but her mother as well to the man who she was forced to call father now. She had watched her parents be murdered by that man.

Yumi looked at the other Slytherin girl and frowned slightly. She also knew that Juliet along with her friend, Danielle, was a prankster. "You have no idea what a real prankster is capable of. Mess with Kasumi again and I'll show you what I mean." she threatened the girl on a low voice. "Tell your friend that too." she called as the girl walked away.

The seventeen year old turned to the fifteen year old girl. "Kasumi. You know that you can send letters to your parents. Just send your father one when class ends. You can't leave class once it's begun, so just try to get through it, okay?" she said softly. "And try to answer the Professor's questions to earn some points for Hufflepuff." she added with a smile.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelyn Graves Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Kasumi didn't know what to say when Juliet came over and gave her the picture of her father back. She stopped sobbing and was still a bit upset, but a bit confused. "Thank you, Juliet...." she said a low moderate voice. Kasumi looked at the ground and tugged at her t-shirt. She cleaned off the picture and put it into her bag. After hearing what Yumi said to Juliet, she didn't know what to say. "Thank..you..Yumi." Kasumi put herself back together and hugged Yumi for helping her. She took Yumi's advice and thought about what she was going to write to her father after class.

The professor snapped her out of her thoughts. Kasumi raised her hand and said: "Unicorns have a spiral looking cone that comes out of their heads and unicorn is Latin for one horn." She put her hand down and continued thinking. She started writing it a bit in class to get the good thoughts she thought of out of her head and on the paper. What she couldn't get out her head was the fact that Juliet was so sad all of a sudden and she didn't try to say anything mean about her. "Yumi," she started. "Do you know why Juliet was acting so weird around me? Why did she all of a sudden get so sad?" She was so confused as to why Juliet was so sad. Kasumi was writing her letter when it dawned on her that she could call him. So, she decided she was going to call him. Kasumi really thanked Yumi and was really happy that she thought about her so much.
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Valentine Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Juliet Stared at Yumi for a second and slowly walked away, not sure why she was threatening her. Juliet glanced at Kasumi and gulped softly. "Do anything to me and I'll have you in so much trouble." Juliet threatened right back. She was already ill, which nobody knew about. "And..." Juliet closed her mouth quickly and walked off. She didn't like yumi. She looked like a first year. And if she laid a finger on Juliet she would surely kill her. Juliet might've wanted more friends but that didn't mean she was going to let people push her around. Her mother taught her better than that.
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelyn Graves Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:05 am

Kasumi didn't know what to say in all of this. She was afriad that Yumi was going to get killed. Kasumi's palms were sweating, and her forehead was getting hot. "You better not hurt my friend or YOU will be the one in trouble," she said as the words slipped off her lip. She could not believe what she had just said considering she is a Hufflepuff and Juliet is a slytherin. She couldn't shut her mouth and more junk came out of her mouth. "Thats right slytherin. You better leave Yumi alone or else." Kasumi ended up putting her hands over her mouth because she couldn't keep her mouth shut. She slowly took about five steps back and started whispering. "I cannot believe I just did that....she is going to have my head off by tomorrow! Yumi...what did I just do???" She couldn't believe she talked back to a slytherin and she felt as though a knife was aligned with her throat.
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:28 am

Yumi felt her eyes narrow as she looked at the younger Slytherin. "You'll be dead before you can even let out a scream if you mess with Kasumi." she hissed at the girl. Yumi meant business now, her tone wasn't one of a prankster right now. It was one of a natural cruel Slytherin. The true Slytherin she was. She meant was she said, any harm came to Kasumi and the girls were dead. She swore she would never use the Unforgivable spells, less she would be taken to Azkaban, but if she had too she would use them. "No one messes with my friends and gets away with it. Remember that next time you want to mess with her." she pointed to Kasumi.

A smirk grew on her face as she heard what Kasumi said to Juliet. It was about time she began to defend heraelf and she was glad that it had been now. Kasumi seemed to regret what she had said and Yumi shook her head at her. "She won't do anything to you as long as I'm around, so don't worry. But remember, don't show any fear Kasumi. You have to show them you aren't afraid of them." she told the Hufflepuff girl softly. She had to protect herself when she was gone, and these girls were going to help her do that whether they knew it or not.

Her hand went up as she heard the professor's question. "A unicorn foul is usually gold and silver, but when it grows up its hair becomes pure white, like that one." she said, pointing to the unicorn beside the Professor. She lowered her hand and placed both of them on Kasumi's shoulders. Now that she knew what was going on with these two girls and Kasumi, she didn't want to leave Hogwarts. She wanted to stay to protect the girl.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelyn Graves Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 am

After hearing what Yumi had said to Juliet, she felt protected and knew someone was here for her. She thought about what Yumi had said about standing up for herself, and she knew Yumi was right. "You are right Yumi," she started. "I am proud of myself for standing up for myself for the first time. I think what made me snap just a bit was all the stress on me. The two slytherins made it worse and thats what made the cookie crumble as my mom used to say. That will all change though because you will be graduating in a few months...and I will be on my own. I am stuck with them for at least two or three more years and I am not sure how I will handle it. I will try my best not to show how scared I really am."

Kasumi then stopped when Yumi raised her hand to answer the question. Once she was finished and Yumi put her hands on Kasumi's shoulders, she said "Way to go Yumi! You got points for the slytherins!" Kasumi was happy and really surprised that Yumi knew all that about unicorns. Kasumi then put her hands onto Yumi's knowing she had a really good friend. She couldn't help but smile and laugh to herself a bit. She decided to talk to Yumi. "I feel more confident now Yumi! I feel as though I can handle the two girls and that I won't have a problem with them! I am very proud of myself and I know I can do better!" She had a huge grin on her face and she felt more powerful than she did when she ran out of the forest. She took the picture of her dad out of her bag then held her necklace. She kissed them both, then went back to putting her attention onto Yumi. Smile
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top