Marriage is Murder - Page 39
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 39 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 39 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 pm

"Then I guess I can go," Brian said. "I need to make an order for Kate's art studio. Khaat and I have decided to refurnish it with everything she lost. Robert quadrupled it for her over the last 2 or 3 years, and now its all gone. So, Khaat and I decided we really want to re-equip it for her. I was working on a list of supplies for her, but Khaat knew every inch of that studio, so I know that when she's up to it, she'll think of things I don't. And besides, it will be good for her to have something else to think about besides...well, that bloody cruciatus curse. Remind me. Someday I'll tell you what's behind that for her. But dont' be surprised if it takes her a bit to get any ability to speak back. Its how her mind works now. There are some dark wizards in our world who don't have the right to live. And its about time I did something about that more than just keeping her from their harm. I'm considering more of an offensive stance than a defensive one."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Jim listened and nodding when he spoke of the curse, he knew only time would let Khaat talk again. " good Kate loves her paintings I have one over my mantel in my home from when she first started to paint, I think she gave it to Margaret on our wedding day" he said and chuckled " good choice Half pint " he said pointing to a man who was getting too close to th4e library " HAY, YOU, MOVE!!" he shouted and the man moved away as he put up a frame for he outer walls. "Don't worry half pint , I'm sure when she speaks again she'll tell you what you missed in more than one way" he said and smiled at him as he watched the other men working. He could see them talking amongst them selves but none spoke to him after seeing what happened to the last man they just continued their job.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:20 pm

"Alright," Brian said. "I think Lee was going to come here overnight. He will bring a night squadron by dinnertime and stay till daylight. And Lee will bounce between here and my place. I can send Owens to relieve you before then, if you dont' want to stay the afternoon." Brian knew it had been a busy morning, and he didn't know if Jim wanted to work that many hours. It had been a long day already, and the afternoon had barely begun. 5 am had come early, and for him to stay until dinner time might be a lot. But then again, perhaps Jim was more resiliant than he looked. He didn't want to underestimate him either. "Lee started covering us from dark til dawn when we lived on his turf. He knows that Robert still could use backup right now while he's offering himself as bait. I'd like to start two first strings at some point. One that works daytime hours and one that works dark to dawn. That would keep us from all getting too burned out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:30 pm

Jim looked at Brian and nodded " that's fine I'll make sure Lee and Owens both know what to look out for and to keep an eye on the men to make sure no more Idiots slip threw the cracks" he said running his finger over the plans and frowned. " hay , more that way " he said and pointed to the left the man in the crane nodded and moved it Jim nodded it was right and he lowered it into place and several men bolted it down then filled it out . " you go do what you need I'm still several hours from making sure this is at least framed out correctly for Robert's inspection , because I know he'll be here later to check on it " he said chuckling
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 pm

"Alright," Brian said. He apparated back to the house and found Robert on the sofa with his arm around Khaat. Abbey was on her lap, and Dakota was on his. Both toddlers were sucking their thumbs sleepily while Robert read them a story from a large old book with an embossed leather cover and gilded pages. The story was a favorite childhood story about a young wizard boy and some talking animals. The girls had been fascinated but now they were sleepy and found it a huge struggle to stay awake now. The girls didn't seem to even notice Brian getting home. He did not interrupt them. Khaat noticed him but didn't speak. He had nnot thought she would. In moments, the girls were sound asleep. Brian took Abbey and carried her upstairs for her nap while Robert took Dakota.

"All is well?" Robert asked as they covered the girls in their cribs.

"It is now," Brian said. "Jim's staying to be sure that we dont' have anyone else who wants to defy access spells."

"You should have let him try," Robert laughed. "It would have purely been his own issue if the spell caused him,...well, a couple difficulties."

"I would have rather had te chance to turn him into a bug."

"Oh, but what I planned was so much better," Robert laughed.

"Tell me."

"No, that would spoil the surprise. Lets just see if it ever happens," he smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Jim made sure that the bottom floor was on and they were a good potion up the top level he saw Lee aperate in and nodded he'd seen him. Walking over to him he pointed out what had been done and what was left to do. He staid several more hours until Owens came then he decided enough was done that they could not mess it up and he felt the pull of sleep on him. Telling Owens what he needed them to do he aperated back to Brian's and walked to the kitchen poring some coffee he sat down taking down a book he smiled seeing Khaat still sat on the couch and opened it, he found it was a book on muggle history and he smiled thinking of the history they could add to it if only they knew.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:03 am

Angus served dinner early. he knew people were tired. He fixed chicken breasts with a fresh amgo chuthey, a rice pilaf, grilled asparagus spears, and Khaat's favorite fruit salad instead of a vegetable salad. For dessert he served a wonderful black forest torte and a chocolate mocha coffee driink.

Khaat wasnt all that hungry, but Robert insisted she come to the table and try to eat something. Once he got her there he didn't mention what she ate or didn't eat. Brian and Kate and Angus and Robert took over feeding the kids. The kids love the chicken and the fresh fruit. The asparagus wasn't their favorites, but they ate it when Angus cut it in finger sized pieces.

Khaat ate more of the fruit salad than an ything else, but Brian and Robert were just glad she ate. Brian found himself yawning early. He wasn't sure why. He was used to being up, but he was unusually tired tonight.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:15 am

Jim had smelt the food when he went into the kitchen he knew he was hungry and saw the kids eat but he was not that hungry ate little " Half pint , why don't you take Khaat to bed you both look seriously done in" he said then looked at Robert " I presume Brian told you about the incident, Owens is overseeing the upper levels and Lee has all the men under close watch." he said and picked up his plate and moved to the kitchen returning he picked up the book he had and sat back down to read it again though his mind was back on the building site. He went threw each step and what should be done he also went over eat face making a mental note of the two who were talking as they worked. He would check them out the next day. Writing a note he stood up and moved to the floo sending it through he then sat back down.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 am

"I think we will," Brian said. "Angus, would you send us some cocoa or some tea, please?"

"Absolutely," Angus said. "Straight away. Go have a quiet evening, Mate."

"Thank you. Kate,..." he began.

"Go on. We never miss a chance to put our grandkinds to bed," she smiled. "That's something that we looked forward for years before we got them. We savor every moment of that. They don't stay that young very long that they like being tucked in, so we're going to enjoy it while we can. Go have a peaceful evening."

"Thank you, Kate," he said. He knew that everyone but probably Jim knew what they were in for tonight. They had all been through all the terrible nights of nightmares when the horrors came back into her mind and made her wake up repeatedly, screaming and crying hysterically. Brian rarely slept much on nights like this. As long as she could not speak, her horrors would play out in her sleep and then the screaming would begin. But when she calmed down, the words would never come.

The only cure for it he had ever found was to take her away, alone, just the two of them. Once they were away, he simply held her, lavished every amenity upon her, sequestered them alone away from all of humanity, and then when she'd drift off to sleep, he wrapped her tight to him so that when she woke screaming, he wrestled the horrible memories from her untilshe was screaming those memories iinto his shoulder. They'd done the fast trips to Venice to rescue her from the horrors that she locked away because they were too terrible to put words to. Once she had done it because he had given her no choice, then he forced her to put her safety, her anchor, her hopes in him, and to agree to invest herself in him and in their love rather than in the overwheling fear. It was asking a lot, but he knew that it was the only way to set her free that they'd found. It usually took a few days, but it generally worked.

"Robert," Brian said quietly. "I might request a couple of days..."

Robert nodded. "Whatever you need. And the sooner the better. We've got the kids under control. Don't worry about them."

"I'll let you know in the morning. But...I might sleep in."

"You're the master of the house, Son. You have that right. Sleep well. Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Brian said. He helped Khaat up and took her upstairs. Robert got out a small vial and handed it to Angus.

"Just set it on the tray," Robert said. "He knows to use it if he needs to and not to use it if he doesn't."

"Yes, Sir." Angus headed to the kitchen to get the tray ready. Robert watched Brian take Khaat upstairs.

"I want you all to give them a bit of space tonight, just like we always do when we get one of these nights. So you know, Jim, You remember that poor auror that was held captive for so many days out in the wilderness in Ireland? You remember how we all wondered if it was fair to have worked so hard to save him when he had to go through so much mental suffering--especially when he tried to sleep--that we wondered if we wouldn't have been kinder to use the killing curse and free him? Remember all those hideous nights that he screamed all night long, night after night? Well, this is what the cruciatus does to her now. She's just, well, been through it entirely too many times. It haunts her like it did that poor fellow. So, if the screaming starts, you dont' need to respond unless Brian or I call for you. Its just those damned unspeakable nightmares coming back. I expect him to take her for a couple of days alone to help her unlock that block that keeps her from speaking. Its one of the few things we have found that works. But it has to be his choice and hers. So, I expect he'll have made a decision by morning. And if he does that, I'll have to split my time between being here to care for the kids and being at St. Mungos and keeping an eye on Sparks and on our own organization. I will be depending on Jack and Jess and Cassidy and Steven to keep the house running and to help take care of this big pile of kids fed and clean and happy and to help keep this place safe. You could well be dashing to all sorts of odd places, if you're alright with that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Jim listened quietly to Robert as he told him what to expect in the night, he nodded and drank his coffee " Ozzie I remember that guy he left us after that , I think he runs a bakery now " he Listened more and nodded that he understood and continued to drink his coffee " I'll help where you put me Ozzie , you know I am not afraid to get my hands dirty" he chuckled " might be nice to again" Jim smiled at the mention of the children he did not mind one bit that he might end up baby sitting some point in the night or day he'd looked after his own so these would be no problem to him. Jim sighed hearing Robert continue talking " Ozzie I am here to help if you need me use me, I don't mind in what capacity, be it bodyguard or babysitter" he chuckled.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top