Marriage is Murder - Page 69
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:12 pm

At the intermission, she found a food truck that sold barbeque pork sandwiches, and also had nagajo fry bread. It was completely counter to the healthy diet she was used to eating, but the cinnamon sugar on the deep fried flatbread was tasty, and the coffee was hot and strong--just like she liked it. They didn't call it french roast. They just called it coffee.

She got her order and found a place on the ground under a tree. "There are tables," Michael laughed, pointing off to a cluster of crowded tables..

"I know, but they're crowded," Khaat said. "I'd rather have more space. And I like seeing green grass agaiin for a change."

"Well, I agree with you there," he said, sitting beside her on the ground. "You've made some good buys this morning. Brian will be more than pleased." He had a burger and coffee. He glanced up and saw Kieran standing with Jess to get their food. "Is this the first you and Jess have been to an auction?"

"Well, i don't know aobut jess, but its the first time I've been to one," Khaat said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Jess walked over with a burger and two sodas she knew the first one would not hit the sides . Sitting down she chuckled as she downed the first soda and tossed it in the bin close by where they sat. " was my first auction" she said smiling " well I didn't but Michael did that for me " she said and bit into her burger and ate it slowly it was not as good as Angus's but tasty never the less. She opened the second soda and washed down the burger now feeling better for having some sun on her skin and a cool breeze blowing against her face.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:46 pm

"I miss warm sunshine like this," Khaat said. "I got used to having it in Hawaii."

"Spring is coming, my dear," Michael said to her.

"Yes, and Abbey is going to be two in May. That just doesn't seem possible."

"You've done a good job raising the girls," Michael said. "So, has Brian adjusted to being a biological father?"

"I don't know. I don't know that it makes us any difference who had part in their genetics. It does matter to us who is here for them. Brian resolved that he was staying with me, regardless who's children they were. He had that fixed in his mind the night Abbey was born, and that just has never changed." She broke off a piece of fry bread and ate it. "I need to have Angus make some of this at home. This is really good. Completely unhealthy, but its really good. You guys need to try it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Jess sighed and smiled " it won't make one bit of difference , Brian is, was, what ever, they see him as their father " she said smiling " I can't believe Andrew turns four soon next year he will start school " she sighed and drank more of her soda " time sure passes fast " she said looking at the can she held. With a deep sigh she looked up as she saw the others heading back inside " wow I think it's going to start again Khaat we should get our seats again" slowly she stood up dropping her rubbish into the bin.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

"You're right," Kieran said, giving Khaat his hand to help her up. The higher ticket items were this afternoon, and it was more crowded. They took their seats and once the biddiing got started, it really was a whole lot more competitive and a whole lot more excitement.

Khaat and Kieran and Michael became a lot more competitive in their bidding and when a bidding war started over a massive antique blanket, Michael stepped in and deliberately outbid Khaat. She was surprised to see him take over bidding for it but she let him have it. He managed to win the blanket without letting the price get completely out of hand. Khaat was pleased. She knew Brian would hang the blanket on the wall behind the living room sofa.

She took over biddiing for the smaller items while Kieran and Michael concentrated upon the bigger things..Khaat was glad they were getting the key pieces they came for an a lot more, but she was getting tired. She looked at her watch. She didn't know how much longer they could keep Brian from wondering where they all were, but she was beginning to feel like they needed to wind this up and return home.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Jess sat quiet as she watched the other more professional bidders work , as she did she thought it was like being in a kindergarten with a bunch of kids all fighting for the same thing. she glanced at them all and shook her head but noticed Khaat looking tired " maybe we should get back and leave these two to fight it out here for the rest of the things" she suggested touching Khaats shoulder and adding some energy to her a she felt her drained more than she should have been. Jess looked around for some place they could go to port away seeing a ladies toilets not far away, " Khaat what do you say we go to the ladies?" she said and looking at her so she would get her hidden meaning.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:40 pm

"Go ahead," Michael said, getting their meaning. "We'll catch up to you." Khaat knew what Michael meant. He meant for them to just go as far as Colorado. Michael wanted to help port them back home. He knew Khaat's energies weren't holding either.

"Thank you. Both of you," she said, grateful for them to stay and finish up. She got up and left the auction, going down the hallway into the ladies room. She checked the bathroom to see that it was empty. She flicked her fingers to temporarily disable any security cameras they might have had at the sink area. "Now," she told Jess. She took Jess's hand and ported them back to Colorado, feeling like it was starting to drain her pretty significantly now.

Owens saw them port in. "Khaat, you look exhausted. Go rest up a wee bit and I'll bring you some tea."

"Thank you," she said. "I need to change back into what I came in, too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Jess helped Khaat to the bathroom and looked around noticing a small camera above the sink she also heard Khaat click her fingers and she smiled , holding her hand she found her self back in Colorado and she sat down " I think they'll do ok we got the most of it done" she said moving with Khaat to make sure she did rest after she changed and sat down to wait while Khaat rested and recharged she felt it best she do that on her own this time as he too felt a little worn out after the auction and everything that had happened this day.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Khaat dozed off in her own fatigue. She knew her father had told her that she had to rest that day or it would prolongue her own recovery, so she wasn't sure how she was going to justify that she was going to be another day or two in getting better, but she couldn't exactly move the date of the auction to fit her needs.

Michael and Kieran got back just after 6 pm Colorado time. Michael checked in with Robert via the fireplace in the great hall, and Robert said that Brian was taking care of Abbey who had faallen down the stairs and had taken a very nasty bang to her head. Robert was positive Abbey was going to be alright, but she hurt and was very clingy with Brian. Brian had been holding her in the rocking chair in the nursery and had soothed her to sleep. Every time he had tried to put her in her bed, she started to cry again, so Brian had falled asleep in the nursery with Abbey on his lap. Robert reassured him that Abbey was fine. As near as Robert could figure, Abbey had tripped on her shoelace. Brian hadn't even thought about Khaat since that point, quite honestly. He made Michael promise not to panic Khaat. He asked Michael to have them simply apparate back into his room at Brian's house, rather than into the main living room.

Michael and Kieran came upstairs and found Khaat asleep. They updated Jess very softly, so as to not wake Khaat. Michael said he would take Jess and Khaat home so they got there safely and that he could certainly manage to do it without Brian catching on. HIs bigger concern was in how to tell Khaat about Abbey without frightening her. He was considering in letting Robert tell her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Jess smiled and nodded to Michael and kieran she under stood " it should be very quietly" she said and smiled " but we should be getting back knowing Brian he won't sleep for long " she said and placed her hand on Khaat only to give her some energy she didn't wake her " so is one of you going to carry her or shall we wake her up?" she asked softly as she stood up to stretch out her muscles from the cramped set she had sat in. She walked around for a bit then looked down at Khaat " she really did well today" she said " but she will feel it in the morning" she smiled at her.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top