Marriage is Murder - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 38 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 am

"You're right," Kate said, smiliing.

"I'd better go check this myself," Brian sighed, rising.

"No, you go see Abbey and Dakota and tell them you love them," Kate told him.

"And exactly why do I love Dakota? You might have to remind me," he sighed, heading downstairs. Kate just laughed.

"I don't think those girls would have found a more dedicated father anywhere," Kate said. "He'll go look in his office, have a small conniption, and then one of the girls will do something cute and all that frustration will be gone. Oh, and Jim, the builders are supposed to arrive from Colorado within the hour. Robert wanted to know if there is any chance you could take the plans for the new house and make sure they get to the farm safely, don't swipe things out of Roberts library or Khaat's rooms, and make sure they don't start building things arse-backwards. Would that work for you? I think he plans to let you be in charge of making sure that's done right."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:25 am

Jim chuckled as Kate walked in he nodded as Kate told him about the building " I would be honored Kate " he said and smiled " they will build it to a high slandered as I know both of you deserve, I believe Margaret is making some quilts for your beds as we speak" he said " as for Brian he'll do just fine with them and yes they will , my own do the same nothing better that you kids on y0ur knee and a loving woman waiting for you , hay Robert " he said and smiled " ok when do you need me to be there for the builders, tomorrow be ok?" he asked finishing his coffee as he looked at them both. He knew the new House would be better than the last but he would keep some influences from the old house as he knew how much Kate loved it and the memories it held inside.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:18 pm

(ooc: i'm confused. robert is not there. he is downstairs with khaat. kate is there. and kate asked jim to go within the hour. not tomorrow.

"Well, I would have to ask Robert about that," Kate said. "The builders are coming within the hour. If you cannot go today, then I presume he could send someone else to do the job. I'm sure the quilts will be wonderful, though. She does marvelous work. I'll be glad to have a bed again to put them on." She laughed. "If you'll excuse me...I do need to go catch up with my son-in-law before he gets too upset abou the paint all over his office." She smiled at him and went downstairs.

She found Brian just standing in the doorway of his office, looking a bit overwhelmed at the mess. "And my daughter is where?" he asked her.

"Angus is cleaning her up," Kate said. "Brian, I really don't think its good for you to saty here and ruminate over tis mess or over Khaat or over Dakota's behaviors. Pick up that job of Robert's and go do it. You need to be out working. There is nothing you can do about any of this here. Go do what you can. And we'll keep watch here."

"I don't want to leave her again, Kate," he said softly, staring at the paint covered room.

"You cannot be with her for every single moment of her life for the rest of her life. You just can't," she kissed his cheek softly. "She needs time now, and you know that. We've walked this road before. She's safe here. Go do what Robert needs done. You're only an apparating spell away. And we're right here. It will be alright."

"Oh, alright," he said. He went and got his coat and apparated out without another word. Kate drew her wand and began working to carefully remove the paint without harming the art beneath it.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:32 pm

(OOC sorry was very tired last night ))

Jim nodded and looked at the plans that lay on the table " If its that important Kate, I'll go with in the hour " he picked up the blue prints and shrunk them placing them in his pocket and headed to his room. Grabbing his coat he moved down stairs just in time to see Brian aperate out. He looked at Kate and nodded " I'll be back once I have the builders straight " he smiled at Kate " half pint going to be all right?" he asked " only ever seen him like this once and that was because Robert would not give him a toy he wanted" he said and chuckled " ok see yo9u later , stay safe Kate" he said and aperated to Roberts farm where several men were waiting for him and the plans. He set about making sure they knew what they were doing.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 am

Brian arrived and saw that the builders and material had just arrived. Brian set about reinforcing spells to completely seal any access from Robert's library and Khaat's rooms. If the builders even needed to access those spaces he would be sure he was here to direct it. He saw Jim apparate in and see to it the that builders were on track with what they needed to do.

One of the builders decided he wanted to argue with Brian about getting access to the library and Khaat's rooms in order to clean up the fire damage and to be sure that the spaces were stable. When Brian refused him, the man became arrogant and angry with him. Brian held his temper about as long as he was able to today.

"You have five seconds to either get with the program, by my rules," Brian said, "Or get off my land." The worker started to argue that it didnt' belong to Brian.

"Five!..." Brian raised his wand and began to count, beginning to consider turning him into an insect in Robert's lab.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 am

Jim apperated in and saw Brian and the work man both looked rather rattled " wow half pint calm it" he said and placed the plans down on the bench that sat close buy and walked over to them both " you get back to work those areas are off limits " he said sternly " Robert Lupins orders, take it up with him or if you want you can take it up with me her and now if you don't mine being turned to a bug " he said and stepped forward his face and stature showing he meant business to the man. He finally gave in and headed back to work " good choice " Jim said and turned to Brian" ok so what started all this?" he asked looking into his eyes.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:37 am

"I reinforced Robert's no access seals on the library and on Khaat's rooms, and it pissed him off," Brian said. "He was insistant that he had to get in there. When Robert says no, he means no. And if that idiot can't take no for a answer, then I don't want him here. At all. And the fact that he was that insistant makes me want to never leave him on his own. Nobody that desperate can be good for us. He puts a toe out of line by one millimeter, and I'm toasting him. Then I won't have to worry about him. He's not one of mine. My men know better. And if he's not one of mine, then he belongs to the head builder. And that means I dont' have to trust him." He spoke to Jim, but his eyes were on the rogue workman. Brian didn't trust him.

The thought had entered his mind to give the work man a second chance when the workman cast Brian a dirty glance and shot him a profane gesture and then shouted back at Brian that Brian was nothing more than a filthy mudblood. Brian narrowed his eyes at him.

"He's looking more like a bug every second," Brian told Jim, trying hard to control himself.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:48 am

Jim looked at the man just as he gestured and he frowned " wait here Brian " he said and walked over to the man he motioned for him to follow him over to a trailer close buy. Taking the man as if he was resting his arm over his shoulder he gripped the man tight whispering words into his ear the man tried to face Jim but he couldn't move one bit. Again Jim spoke and let the man go forcefully pushing him away from him as he turned and walked back to Brian " hes off the site " he said calmly. "I'll tell the boss and he can make the arrangements" he said " he is a very disagreeable man"
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 am

"Would you kindly set a security spell that prohibits him from finding the place once he is removed please?" Brian asked. "Although, I must admit that I'd rather see him in a jar. At least he was wise enough to not say something foul about my wife. He can say what he wants about me. But I would not be responsible if he had decided to be mouthy about her. I think, if I'm wise, I really should leave this to you. Just don't let him come back. Oh, and you might want to let the guards Robert has put here on the grounds know to watch the library and Khaat's rooms." Brian knew that the things in Khaat's rooms were largely sentimental, but Robert did seriously have things of value in the library that he could not afford to have anyone take. "You know as well as I do that Robert doesn't guard things with a no access spell for no reason," Brian said, "And that's all I need to know. Its good enough for me."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 pm

Jim nodded and watched two work men walk him away. " hay hold up a minuet" he said and walked over to the man but before he even got close he fired an Obliviate making a the man looked confused as Jim fired one more time using Confundus as two of Roberts guards aperated in. " take him home and leave him I don't want him back here " he said and walked over to Brian |" he'll think he's been working abroad " he sighed but chuckled at Brian saying he'd look better in a bug jar. " I know half pint " Jim said as he slipped his wand into his pocket he glanced at Brian and nodded " you forget half pint, I have been in his potions lab and know just how important it is to keep others who don't know what there doing out the same with the library some books ...well let say in the wrong hands could cause a whole mess of trouble."

A man walked over Jim gave him a note telling him to strengthen the security spell and then faced Brian " we'll get this done Half pint "he placed his hand on Brian's shoulder and looked up as the sky above them lit up " they got the word" he said smiling.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top