Marriage is Murder - Page 40
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 40 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 40 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 70 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 40 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 pm

"I appreciate that," Robert said. "But I felt like I needed to cue you in, in case teh screaming begins in the wee hours. We're a bit used to it because we all were with her in St. Mungos as she recovered from Barker. We got used to it there. but I figured you deserved to be read in. Abbey is more sensitive about her mother's moods, just so you know. And she is an animagus. If you happen to see a labrador pup, that's my granddaughter doing some accidental magic. Dakota, well, she's just flipping independent. he triplets are too young to know yet.

"Robert," Kate said, coming downstairs to get a cup of tea, "Did you sign those checks for Lizzie?"
"Oh, jeesh. I forgot," Robert said.

"That's what I thought." She dropped a manila file on his lap and a pen. "Work," she ordered.

"Yeah, yeah," he sighed. "Why don't I just make you a partner so you can do this?"

"Just sign them," she said, going to the kitchen

"See what I get?" he looked at Jim and laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Jim chuckled and nodded " And they say a woman's work is never done, don't worry Ozzie I'm fine with it all, you should know I go by, expect the unexpected in everything be it life or friendship" he said smiling as he finished his coffee and placed it down while he stood up. He moved quietly threw to the kitchen and placed his cup in the sink to be washed at a later time. Walking back out he smiled at Kate as he passed back into the living room. " your farm should be up and running in a few days if the men keep on track " he said sitting back down close to the fire, the warmth making him yawn a little.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 pm

"You should head to bed soon, Jim. Brian and I will be up all night. Neither of us will sleep. I might need you and a couple of the others to hold down the fort for a few hours tomorrow so either Brian or I can catch a few winks. I'll need you fully rested. Once Khaat is up and awake, then we'll rest easier."

"If you want, I'll cover tonight," Kate said, coming back through.

"No, I need you to help with the kids tomorrow," Robert said.

"Okay," she said, as he handed her back the file of check that were now signed. "Could you use some coffee?"

"Please," he said. She went to the kitchen and got a mug of french roast for him and brought it back.

"Thank you," he said.

"I'll say goodnight," she kissed him and went upstairs.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Jim looked at him " its just the warmth of the fire but if you need me to I'll go " he said and smiled " rest well both of you " he said and smiled as he passed them heading up to the room assigned to him. opening the door he found a small suit case on the end of the bed and knew it had been brought from the inn. flipping open the catches he flipped it open. there on top sat several books he made them float to the night stand. unde4r neat two suits both moved to hang in the wardrobe and the shoes under the bed. soon he lay down on top of the covers and opened one book Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles. He opened it and began to read where he'd marked with a red silk and sliver bookmark. with one arm behind his head he began to read to the light of his beside lamp.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:41 pm

By morning, Brian was exhausted and frustrated. he didn't feel as if he's slept more than 30 seconds at one time all night long. Everytime he wouls just begin to dize off, she would jolt awake. She never made a sound but she woke so hard, that it jolted him violently awake. She often shook so hard it shook the bed. He would soothe away the fear and then soothe her back to sleep. Once he was certain she was asleep, he would watch awhile and then resettle and then drift back to sleep only to be awakened almost instantly.

And when she woke, getting frustrated and finally giving up and just getting up, he could feel from her how embarressed and frustrated she was. She silently picked out clothes and went and showered. She chose old jeans, a plain white t shirt and then chose one of Brian's flannel shirts to layer over top of her own t shirt. He set out her old favorite beaded slippers for her and she just automatically put them on without his suggesting it.

He left her long enough to shower,but when he got out, he found her sitting in a corner of the bathroom on the floor, unable to be without him. He hurried and dressed and shaved and helped her up off the floor. He found that Angus had left coffee for them. He silently led her over to the sitting area and they had their first cup of coffee in the quiet of their room before they met the day with everyone else. They could smell Angus's gigantic cinnamon rolls baking and bacon fryiing. Breakfast would soon be ready.

Then they heard Robert and Kate getting the kids up. Another day was beginning. She felt obligated to go into St. Mungos today, but didn't feel able to do it without her voice. Didn't feel like facing anyone. Finally he reached for her hand.

"Come on," he said to her softly. "We really do need to go get something to eat. I"m starving. Come with me." She took his hand but was hesitant about getting up to follow him. He just stood, his hand outstretched and waited. She finally took his hand and they went downstairs.

Good morning," Angus said, handing them fresh mugs of coffee.

"Morning," Brian said, deliberately not embarressing her by mentioning what a tough night it had been.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Jim had woke twice in the night he'd heard movement in the room next to his and knew it was Khaat and Brian on the second wake he got up showering he dressed and headed down to find Khaat and Brian already up. " good morning" he said poring some coffee for himself , he was use to little sleep and so this morning was no different. Moving to sit at the table he looked at the both. He glanced from one to the other as he drank but said nothing about how rough they looked to him. " Angus, that smells like a mighty fine breakfast " he said smiling " better not tell Margaret she has me on a diet " he chuckled hoping this morning for a hearty breakfast.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:58 pm

"It will be ready in just a moment. I'm fixing plates now," Angus said. He floated the filled plates to the table an decided to pamper Khaat by allowing her a large fruit salad with just a small plate with a taste of the rest of the food they were eating. Brian noticed the large fruit salad and he smiled,

"He's spoiling you," Brian said, nudging her. he motioned to the fruit salad. It did grow a trace of a smile from her. The next thing he knew he heard Abbey's little footsteps as she ran into the room, calling for Mama and Daddy. He picked her up and hugged her and gave her a kiss. She began to babble at him something about fish. He frowned, not getting it, until she started to talk about the story the fish told her. Then he connected it. She had been dreaming.

"You have a vivid imagination, don't you?" he laughed. She nodded and agreed even though he knew she didn't have the foggiest clue what she was agreeing to.

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 am

Jim smiled seeing Abby run in and up to Brian and Khaat and babble to them he chuckled as he listened " wow she sure does " he said and smiled at Abby taking a piece of banana he held it out to her. " would Abby like a piece of banana?" he asked as if he was talking to his own child, soft and gentle. He let her take it and returned to his own food finishing his plate and feeling it was delicious. " That was delicious Angus " he said and refilled his mug with fresh french roast coffee and sat back to watch Brian and Khaat with Abby smiling. He knew Abby was not Brian's biological but the way she was with him made it look as if she was all his.

Jim smiled " you know half pint, if I didn't know any better I'd swear she acts like you" he chuckled watching her " she reminds me of Irving he's about to turn two " he said.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:15 pm

"Maybe," Brian agreed a bit with Jim. "Khaat plans on letting Abbey know that she has two fathers. I'm good with whatever she decides," Brian said. "I'll support her either way."

"Well," Robert said, "It will be more than apparent that something isn't genetically correct when she can use her animagus and neither of her parents have animagus abilities. You will have to tell her at some point. However, unless Rob makes some effort to be a part of her life, it should not throw her to any exceptional degree. I can't even imagine that finding out that Dakota really is her niece and not her sister will throw Abbey too much."

"Probably not," Kate agreed. "She's well adjusted even at her age."

"Well, Khaat and I beleive that it is because both girls have been so surrounded by so much love and family from the very outset of their lives. They haven't known anything else. The only thing Khaat and I have ever thought about is how we break the news to them that life outside this house, with all its protections, is not as safe for a Lupin as it seems."

"I wouldn't worry about that if I were you," Robert laughed. "You and Khaat grew up seeing that from the time you were little and you just grew up knowing it was just the way the world worked. It wasn't an issue. In fact, I believe it made you both stronger for it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Jim listened and nodded he agreed with them " yeah got the same issues with Irving, hes taken on his grand mothers ability, hes able to speak to animals, some times we find him talking to a snail at five in the morning." he said and smiled. " I think all the children here will do fine in the big world because they have Ozzie for guidance just as Khaat and Brian had Remus" Jim looked at Robert as he spoke and Jim nodded his head " yes I agree you'd not be who and wher4e you are now if you didn't " he blew over the top of his cup and smiled at them both.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 100 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 70 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top