If the fall doesn't kill you... - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

If the fall doesn't kill you... - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

If the fall doesn't kill you...

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If the fall doesn't kill you... - Page 2 Empty Re: If the fall doesn't kill you...

Post by Allen Tobias Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:21 am

Allen chuckled. "I'm pretty sure the Quidditch gods are frowning down upon me," he said, a smile strecthed onto his face "I probably would've ended up killing someone if I didn't stop I'm sure." Allen placed the broomstick underneath his left arm, carrying it between his torso and arm. He needed to find some kind of repair shop or something, perhaps Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley contained one. He wasn't sure, but he was positive there wasn't a magical Yellowbook. "Happen to know any place to get this fixed?" he asked, almost positive she hadn't known such a place.

He looked at the dmage again, hoping that maybe it somehow would've repaired itself. Yet it didn't work, and he wasn't sure if Reparo would work or not. "My name is Allen," he said with a gentle smile "Allen Tobias. And did you say something?" he was positive she had said something, yet couldn't hear it. Probably snow clogged in his ears or something. He looked around, hoping no one had been around the area to witness the event. "I'm just glad you were the only one out here," he said nervously "if some Slytherins had been watching or something, I'd have been screwed in the tryouts."
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

If the fall doesn't kill you... - Page 2 Empty Re: If the fall doesn't kill you...

Post by Leven Ashe Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:32 am

"Oh, maybe one of the Captains of the Teams could help. Probably a Seventh year would know." She said aloud, wondering if that could be true. Captains have seen many things as they play in the game, thus they could possibly also find some way to repair a broom at the same time. "Oh it's nothing. I just talk to myself." Evalyn said softly, embarrassed that someone actually paid attention to what she had said.

Her blue eyes blinked a bit, confused by what a Slytherin would've done. Sure, they were nice depending on weather or not you were in that house, or if you were a pureblood. She had no problem with some.. probably because of her bloodline. "When are the try outs?" Evalyn asked curiously.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 177

http://www.wattpad.com/user/KingdomsPath

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:33 pm

"You're probably right," he said, shrugging his shoulders. The captain of the Gryffindor team might know. Yet, he had no idea as to who he/she was at the moment. He hadn't done all of his research yet, so he would need to check the roster. When she said it was nothing, he nodded and looked back down at his broom. It was certainly a nice touch to add some awkwardness for when he met his grandparents the next time. Hey Allen, how is your broom? they would say, and all he could do is just make an 'ehh' sound. He hated when he was in a position like that.

"I think you can try out at any time," he said "it just depends if you make the appointment date and etc." He held out his broom towards his right, away from the girl to see if it would still float. After he let it go, it quickly dropped to the ground. Oh, that's right. "Up!" he said, and the broom flew up into his hand again, which he hadn't been expecting. "Rule Number 1:" he said, irritation lingering in his voice "don't ever fly like me, unless you want to be the class clown." He let it drop back into the snow, letting it collect dust...or snow.

"So what are you doing out here at this time of night?" he asked, noticing that she didn't seem to be a prefect or anything like that.
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Leven Ashe Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Evalyn couldn't help but smile slightly, happy that she was able to help him in some sort of way. Although, the white haired girl couldn't help but wonder who was the Ravenclaw captain. She couldn't help but slightly remember that the current one was actually a male, yet sadly, Evalyn didn't know who he was.

Curiously, her blue eyes watched what Allen was doing with his broom. Seeing it drop right to the ground once he had let it go. She raised a slender white eyebrow, curious about the reason why he had done that. Although, quickly noticed after he had murmured Up!, causing the broom to fly up directly into his hand. Evalyn smiled and giggled to herself after he had said something about being the Class Clown.

Surprised then after Allen had asked her why she was out so late at night. "I have insomnia. I tend to just.. walk around the grounds since I can get in trouble more if inside." The white haired teenager shrugged her shoulders, causing some snow to flutter to the ground.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:53 pm

"Insomnia?" he asked, raising an eyebrow "don't they have some kind of potion to help with sleep? I'm not saying there is, but if you can turn a cup into a gerbil, I'm sure they have some sort of sleep aid." Yet Allen really shouldn't be the one to talk. He often had problems sleep at night too, but it was mainly because of the constant fear that someone were to come and slit his throat. He didn't feel safe inside the school, at least not like he used to. "But regardless, I'm glad you got here when you did."

Allen looked around again, mainly from his paranoia. He couldn't help but be out here in the field by himself...well mostly by himself. If the instructor were to see him, she'd probably write him up like all the other teachers. And he didn't feel like getting detention and meeting Barker. That wouldn't be a happy time for him. "Aren't you afraid of being caught?" he asked, being blunt. As soon as he said it, he made an awkward face realizing his stupidity. He was out here and nearly got hurt and he said that?

"What I mean is," he said, trying to rectify the situation "haven't you heard of that Barker guy? He seems like he'd be willing to kill off a couple of students or something. I haven't actually seen him, but I heard he's tortured some kids"
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Leven Ashe Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Evalyn bit her bottom lip a bit. She wasn't too thrilled on the thought of sleeping, due to the mind making dreams. To her, Insomnia was the warning sign that she'd have a nightmare and thus cause her to stay awake. Although, she acted as if she was interested in the potion that would make her be able to sleep. "Really? I should've thought about that once it started." Evalyn chuckled to herself softly, giving Allen a smile.

Tilting her head to the side slightly, Evalyn ruffled her hair at this due to the snow that was causing it to become slightly wet. Allen had asked if she was afraid of being caught. Her lips parted as if she were going to speak.. though on second thought, closed it. It would be rude for her to state the fear of being caught by something.. unhuman. Not wanting to insult Allen in case he were one of her fears. She was aware that the school here in Scotland allowed these creatures.

"Barker? No, I've never seen him. Though I've heard maybe a few things here and there." Evalyn shrugged her shoulders, crossing her arms over her chest. The tips of her fingers were becoming a bit numb, thinking this would be better. Although her hands returned to the coat pockets a moment later, remembering the wool tended to warm them up quite nicely.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:32 pm

"Just a thought," he smiled "I usually get the same way, but I just toss and turn until I'm out. Although it's probably not the wisest thing." Allen toke notice that it was beginning to snow softly now, getting some snowflakes in his hair. He hadn't even noticed until Evalyn had thrown some snow out of her hair. "We should probably head to the locker room or something," he said calmly "seeing as how it's just getting colder." He also noticed that she had crossed her arms, sensing that she was cold. Allen toke off his gloves, feeling the gust of cold air as soon as he did and held it in front of her. "Would you like to borrow them?" he asked.

"But yeah," he continued on the subject of Barker "My friend and her...romantic interest had gotten detention and they were sent to Barker. She was never the same apparently after that." Just thinking about how Rhys had reacted to Barker was pretty grim. She was nervous as hell immediately after hearing it. "But yeah, I wouldn't want to have a class with him, might never see me again if I did."
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Leven Ashe Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Evalyn was surprised that Allen was giving up his gloves to her. Shyly, she reached out and took both of the gloves, putting them over her hands. Her hands felt numb at first, then the strong burning pain due to the hands becoming warm over a short period of time. Evalyn also nodded her head about moving into the locker area in order to get out of the cold and snow. She was starting to have trouble feeling her own nose. Thus, started to walk with Allen towards the locker area.

The white haired girl nodded her head slightly, understanding. "I'm surprised there's someone like that here at Hogwarts. I'd think that the headmaster would keep a better eye on someone like that.. I mean, Barker could be endangering the lives of certain witches or wizards." Evalyn shrugged her shoulders, unaware if this was true or not. She's had her fair shares of life being threatened by someone, or.. something was at the top of the list.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Tobias Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Allen placed his hands in his jacket pockets, feeling the cold material inside. He figured that his jacket wasn't made to protect hands...or heads. He needed to find a hood or something on the lines of a cowl. His ears were numb from all the cold. He walked beside Evalyn, his teeth starting to chatter a little bit. He was warm underneath his jacket and boots, but his pants weren't exactly the most protecting. They were just simple jeans, so they weren't made for shielding the cold. "If only we lived someplace warm during the winter," he said, his breath showing in the frigid cold "like the Sahara or something." He'd probably regret even going there.

"Yeah, I have no idea either," he lied. He was pretty darn sure that most of the teachers had been Death Eaters, yet he had no physical evidence or a way to tell. They all just seemed pretty downright evil and had a gut feeling about it. That's why he had joined Potter's Army. "But I'd like to take a good look at his teaching history...rather how he was put here and not into a mental asylum."
Allen Tobias
Allen Tobias

Back to top Go down

Post by Leven Ashe Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Evalyn laughed aloud for once, slowly having it turn into a giggle. "Careful Allen, if Hogwarts was someplace warm, you'd be cursing it for being to hot." She knew this first hand, remembering that a Avalon reunion was somewhere extremely cold once year, then turning into a all out heat wave in another area. Thus, she didn't care anymore about what the weather was.

She raised a white eye brow, curious about what he meant by that. "What do you mean? It sounds like your saying he tells history as if he was there, and doing everything the text says." Or at least, that's what it sounded like to Evalyn. Her thoughts shifted to her parents.. wondering if they would know anything, hell -- maybe her Aunt Alvara would know.
Leven Ashe
Leven Ashe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top