Marriage is Murder - Page 28
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 28 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 28 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 28 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Jess smiled seeing Abby and Dakota run to Angus though Andrew staid sat playing with his toys on the floor quietly she walked over and sat with him playing. Jack walked past and sat in a chair facing them both and Andrew stood up moving to sit next to Jack. Steven moved to his bedroom and showered feeling a little hot and sweaty Cassidy moved to the kitchen and pored some coffee " so now what , we're all gloomy now and its not good for moral " she said walking back in " khaat hows about you teach me that wizards chess , I might surprise you " she said but she knew she was no good but it was something to do at least.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:34 pm

"Anytime," Khaat said.

"I'll get the board," Angus said,glad to see Khaat doing something for fun again for a change. He understood her. She hadn't been deliberately gloomy, but she had faced death again, looking it right in the face. Angus had only looked at death one time, and he hadn't like it much. He never talked about it. Never. Well, he hadn't. And now he obediently stepped back into the butler role and fetched the chess set for her.

"Angus," she said softly, when he brought it back. She offered him a smile. "You wait until Christmas and see what I tuck in your stocking."

"You stop those thoughts right now," he laughed. "I am quite happy with my life as it is." He kissed her forehead affectionately. "I'll go start dinner."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Cassidy sat down and chuckled at the banter between Angus and Khaat " oow sounds promising " she said teasing him and chuckled as she looked at it in front of her " ok so where do I start , the lower level is it?" she asked as Jess and Jack moved over with Andrew to watch.

" ow , ow I like this game "Andrew said excitedly and clapped his hands as he lent forward to watch. Steven walked out and chuckled as he saw cassidy at the chess board.

" do you know how to play?" he asked her smirking.

" well I don't know till I try now do I " she said smirking back at him as she waited for Khaat to make the first move.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm

Khaat made an initial move, a rather standard opening move. Robert finished his work in the potions lab and came upstairs in time to see Khaat making an opening move on the chess board. It made him stop and watch and smile, with a sense of fatherly pride. She had given him everything he had ever asked for in a child. He never regretted that he and Kate had never had more. He watched her and all he felt was his love for her.

She was everything he could ever want in a daughter and more. She was beautiful, intelligent, brave, loving, kind, skilled...he hadnt know it then, but he had never had need of another. Brian? Brian was pure boyish blessing. Always had been. He and Kate had never revealed how they had known years before that, that there would be a handsome, blond man that would sweep his daughter off her feet. And she'd had it twice. Rob, and now Brian. But Brian was rock solid, and he was pleased for that. And both times she'd chosen, she'd chosen for love.

He went over and sat down on the arm of her sofa next to her and put his arm around her shoulder, kissing the top of her head.

"Ribs better today?" she asked him.

"I'm managing," he said quietly. "I had my sick time, its time I was back at work." She looked at him frowning.

"You had half a day," she said.

"I had enough." He looked across the board to Cassidy. "Your move. Got any idea what you're doing?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Cassidy watched her move and smiled seeing Robert walk over she studied the board and sighed when Robert asked if she knew her next move " not a clue and its just the first move" she said biting her lip a she made a move. * that all right?" she asked she had no clue what she was doing and felt she would lose rather quickly to Khaat but if it lightened the mood she would not care after all it was just a game and she could learn the moves from Khaat and challenge her again at a later date.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:19 pm

"No," Robert said, " Not if you want to stay live in the game for more than a few minutes." He put her piece back and chose a very challenging piece to move and put it in place. Khaat looked at the board. It was not the first tie she'd seen him use that move. And he was playing for keeps. But she had some new skill of her own. She saw her mother glancing over the board out of the corner of her eye. Khaat studied the board for a moment and then moved her piece, her own piece stopping to stand up and smash her father's piece. He groaned and then laughed.

"Where'd you learn that?" he laughed.

"Sweet, wasn't it?" she laughed.

"She got 'ya, Robert," Brian laughed.

"The game isn't over, Son," Robert said firmly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Cassidy marveled at the first move and chuckled at Khaats move she looked at Robert. " Do you want to take over?" she offered seeing how they were both having fun trying to beat each other she looked at Robert and moved another piece hoping to take her queen or she had planned if Robert thought her move was all right. Jack walked over and chuckled.

|" wow your brave taking on Khaat in a game of wizards chess " he said and cassidy just shrugged her shoulders looking back at the board in front of her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:35 pm

"No," Robert said. "If you stop playing, you stop learning. there are some things in life that we learn best by doing. Chess is one of them. If you want to learn military strategy, this is a great game to master. You see where she's moved? Its a good move. But it can be blocked. We'll leave your move because that won't harm anything at this point. Its not the part of the board she's interested in at the moment."

"And how do you know what I'm interested in?" Khaat asked.

"First, I know you. I know how you play. And second, I know how I would play." He looked at Cassidy. "Just watch and see."

It hadn't been where she was going to move, but rather than the leap on the other side of the board that her father had anticipated, she selected the middle of the board, away from Cassidy's move and away from where her father thought she'd go. He just laughed.

"well, well. Creativity," he laughed. "that's always a good thing. And what shall we do with that, then, Cassidy?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Cassidy listened and smiled " so, to know a move you need to know the person your playing with, even in politics and fighting, its all the same, watch, learn and think one move ahead. " she said and chuckled as she moved her piece again this time blocking what she thought was Khaats next move and she thought about her next move making out several moves Khaat could do and her own to block. Steven walked past and stopped to watch his arms across his chest as he waited to see how she would fare against some one who had played wizards chess for years.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Khaat watched Cassidy's move. "Much better," Khaat said to her. "Now you're getting it. That's how it goes. Strategie. Forward thinking. And..." she said, looking over the board. "Watching your own ass." She moved a smaller piece and used a pawn to take one of Cassidy's pawns.

"Oh, well done," Robert said. "I almost missed that one." He studied the board and looked at Cassidy. "But...watch this." He glanced at Kate who was grinning from ear to ear. He moved one of Cassidy's pawns and took Khaat's knight. Khaat groaned. She'd missed that one. "Don't give it a second thought," he consoled her. "You're fortunate to be able to play at all today."

"Well, it seems I'm rusty," she said. Her mother went over towards the board.

"Well, we'll just have to make sure they don't beat you," Kate said. "Now the field looks a bit more evened up. One weak player, one new player..."

"And two old farts," Robert laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top