Marriage is Murder - Page 27
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 27 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 27 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 27 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:25 am

Jess chuckled and watched him open a window as she picked up a chair that was fallen over " I'll take my chance " she said and picked up a beaker that was on the ground next to another that was broken. Grabbing a brush she swept it up and placed it in a bin. She then began to whip away soot from the bottles and table " wish I could help but I was never good at potions " she said picking up the two bottles and looking at the liquids inside swirling them around she looked at them gently she pored them into a beaker equally and gently till they were mixed both changed color then she stepped back looking at Robert " um..is that what you wanted ?" she asked softly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:31 am

"Partly," he smiled. "Good work. It still has to be heated in order to bind the ingredients and make them active. Let's see what happens if we heat it more slowly. And lets use a copper cauldron this time. It handles heat better." He switched the cauldrons and poured the potion into it and started it to simmer. It took nearly 30 minutes but finally, the potion turned to a bright ruby red. "Ah! There we go," he smiled. He took the potion, poured a small dose into a cup and tried it himself. He waited a moment, and he looked at her. "Much, much better," he said. He added some cherry flavoring to get rid of the rather metallic taste, got out another cup and handed it to her. "It seems to be helping my energy levels," he told her. "Try it. See if it does anything for you or if its just my wishful thinking."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23619
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:38 am

Jess watched him like a student learning new things she smiled seeing it turn a ruby red when he tried it and asked her to try she took a small spoon and sipped it feeling some what energized " ow no it's not you I feel much better myself " she said and chuckled a smiling at him " I have to admit the cherry flavor is a nice touch too " she said picking up several small bottles " we could pore it into this and carry them on us for when Khaat needs It " she suggested placing them down beside the pot " they are clean" she took a spoon and ladled some gently into it and closed its small sliver lid tight.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:46 am

"Good," he said, satisfied. "It will probably take a larger dose for her, and we don't know what, if any, the side effects are. Would you put my small brown leather journal over there on the work table so I can take the formula with me and document our findings? Oh and pack all the potion in my tan leather messenger bag, please. We want to take all of this batch with us in those little bottles. And yes, I think we need to carry some with us. Perhaps you, me, Kate, Khaat, and Brian. I don't see the sense in all of us carrying it. We'll leave the rest of the stores of it in my bag."

Brian arrived back home with a new black leather messenger bag slung over his shoulder. Khaat was noticeably relieved when he got home. About that time Angus finished his crackers and cheese spread. Angus met him with a tall glass of icy cold limeade.

"Thank you," he said, grateful. "Khaat, you need to go inside. You're getting too much sun, Babe. You're starting to burn."

"Am I?" she asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:53 am

Jess nodded and did as he asked packing about ten bottles she accioed a small necklace for herself and pored some of the potion into it then clipped it around her neck " yes that way one of us will have it on us all the time if she really needs it or if one of us can't get to your bag. " she said , she picked up the leather bound book and placed it on the work bench then returned to the potions soon every drop was in a bottle in his bag. She cleaned the cauldron and hung it back up then smiled " Brian's back. " she said and looked at Robert as she stood up wiping her hands on a cloth. Steven smiled seeing Brian was back but looked at the leather messenger bag he had over his shoulder as he sat with Cassidy who looked at the sky over them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:02 am

"Oh. Good," Robert said. "Well, I suggest we all go and pack, then, so that we don't have nearly as much to do tomorrow. Somehow with 11 kids there is no shortage of things to do. And I am presuming that Kate will need to do a bit of magic on whatever dress Khaat will wear tomorrow. Somehow it always takes a bit of something to get a dress to fit exactly right. Oh. Wait. In the desk drawer. There is a blue velvet bag. That has the magical makeup in it for Khaat. It did take me awhile to match it to her skintone. Would you get it for me so we can pack it for her?"

Brian picked Khaat up and took her inside while Angus added Brian's glass to his tray and took it inside so that Brian could return Khaat to the sofa. Brian noticed that Abbey and Dakota had fallen asleep on the floor in the middle of a big pile of toys. He decided to let them nap.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:14 am

Jess smiled and opened the draw and found the bag holding it she took it over to him along with the leather bag over her shoulder. " yes I have 3 to pack for myself , ow wait that's 4 if you include Jack that is " she said and smiled as she walked over. Steven watched Khaat being taken inside but staid with Cassidy out side relaxing under the blue sky that was till he got too hot and moved from under Cassidy who also found her face some what pink.

" why didn't you tell me " she said to Steven who chuckled at her " this is going to take ages to go now" she poked him and chuckled " don't you laugh your nose is quite red " she said and kissed it gently as she looked down at him and sighed " not long now " she said softly and he shook his head.

" nope not long " he said and smiled " no regrets?2 he asked and she shook her head cupping his face in hr own as she smiled at him.

" none " she said softly and kissed him before both of them moved inside and out of the sun. Steven left to pack for Fallon, the twins, cassidy and himself.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Brian got an ointment from their bedroom for sunburn. Khaat didn't normally burn and he had caught it in time before it was serious. His guess was that her fatigue had not allowed her to be as aware of it as she normally was and would have prevented her from leaving the outdoors without help anyway. He opened the jar and was pleased to find he had gotten the right jar--the jar of ointment that Robert had scented with her perfume. He soothed the ointment into her skin, taking the stiffness of her skin away and the sting of the burn. The pink tone began to turn to a tan.

"Thank you," she said. "That does feel better."

"I knew it would," he kissed her. "Now, if you're okay, I'll go pack for us."

"Please do," she said. "I'm fine now."

"I'll take care of her," Angus said, refilling her limeaide and putting a small plate of his sweet bread crackers and cheese spread near her. "Can I get you anything else?"

"No, but maybe later, you'd play some wizards's chess with me?"

He laughed out loud. "I am not nearly the challenge your father is, but I'd be delighted. Thank you, Khaat. I know what you're doing, but its nice to be reminded every so often." He kissed her cheek.

"I don't want there to ever be a day you aren't in my house," she said.

"Don't worry," he said. "There won't be. I don't think there will ever be a day you don't need a cook or a estate manager."

"Or a bodyguard, even if its just from myself," she laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Jess placed the leather bags down on Roberts bed and headed to the living room with the others " Khaat everything is fine. " she said and touched the small one dose bottle around her neck it shone a deep ruby red and she smiled seeing Jack walk in from his patrol and over to her wrapping his arms around her holding her tight.

"ok I'll pack for us " he said and after another quick kiss he left for their room , returning several moments later two bags packed, one for Jess and himself the other the kids and placed with the others ready for the next days trip.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Brian went and packed a bag for Khaat and him. Of all the trips they'd ever taken together, this was, perhaps, the most morbid. Macabre. He remembered clearly when they had gone to Remus's and Tonk's funerals. He remembered how very heavily Robert had her sedated, so much so that she could barely stand. He remembered Robert's hands, so strong as they held her up. Robert had held her together, held her up when she was falling apart. This was different.

She'd given everything she had, all she was, for Remus's use. And Remus had come forward to protect her and the rest of the family, especially her children. His children. The chhildren Remus would have considered to be his grandchildren. He would have been their other grandfather. And Khaat was the link between the worlds. There was nothing she wouldn't do for them all, or for Remus.

She was better today, though. And he was glad for that. Truly. But there was so much tremendous stress in the safehouse these days that he knew what was at work. They all wanted to go home. The tropics were nice, but Christmas was coming and they wanted snow and cold, and...well, Colorado might well be the closest they could do. Brian was wondering if they would ever get back to England again.

He found the cigarettes. Angus had put them on the dresser. He packed them. All but enough to fill the silver cigarette case that he slipped into his pocket. Then he stepped outsie and smoked one. Just one, before he stepped back inside and picked up the bag and took it out to the other room. Kate was just a few steps away from him in the hallway, and he put his bag beside the pile of them that were beginning to form in the living room. He looked over and saw that Abbey and Dakota were waking up from their nap. They scrambled to their feet and ran out to the kitchen and straight to Angus, wrapping their arms around his legs. It made him laugh.

"I know what you want," he laughed. "You little tricksters." He reached over to a cookie jar and opened it and gave them each a cookie. They laughed and ran off. He just shook his head, laughing.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top