Marriage is Murder - Page 15
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 15 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 15 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Cassidy heard her name and walked over to the kitchen " did I hear my name and I will be delighted to help Angus , just tell me whats needed " she said rolling up her sleeve and smiling as she moved into the kitchen to wash her hands. Steven looked at the girls and Andrew sat playing.

"We'll all pitch in to feed them " he said and glanced at Jack who walked over also and stood with him.

"yea I think we can" Jack said and chuckled as Jess walked out of Roberts room and over to them.

" hes sleeping soundly " she said and smelt the food " hum smells wonderful " she said smiling.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:33 pm

"Do you remember how to make a risotto?" Angus asked Cassidy. "There is a new recipe in my book for a four cheese risotto. And there is plenty of cheese in the fridge. I have a salad fixed with a fresh lemon and herb viniagrette I've cleaned the salmon and cut them into generous sized fillets and prepared an herb butter for them. And I have a mix of fresh vegetables to sautee as a side dish. For dessert, I've made something a bit different. Its fresh coconut pound cake with a freshly made pineapple topping and fresh whipped cream. Do you think that will fill us? I will work on grilling the salmon fillets and sauteeing the vegetables. We can use magic to set the table tonight, I think."

Kate filled a tea mug and handed it to Brian. "Seer's tea. Ridiculously strong. Go wake up your wife and feed it to her. Get at least one mug in before dinner and one afterwards. She can sleep in between the tea and dinner if it takes that long." She took his own mug from him for a moment and openly poured a hefty dose of restorative potion in it and handed it back to him. "And you drink every drop of that. Before it gets cold. Go on. Get it done."

Angus had a slight smile on his face. He knew better than to trifle with Kate when she was being maternal. He simply watched Brian head for the bedroom.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Cassidy nodded " of course the way you showed me stuck big time" she said and chuckled moving in to gather all the ingredients, Heat the chicken stock in a pan or in the microwave and have at hand before you start the recipe. In a heavy saucepan she melted the butter until it begins to foam. Toss in the onion and stir lightly until it has softened .She add the rice to the butter and onion and stir it until the grains start to swell, then add the wine. She stirred the mixture until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid and it has stopped sizzling. Then she poured in a small amount of the stock. Season with the salt and pepper. Turning the heat down to a low setting she stirred it until the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, then add a little more stock, letting the rice absorb it before she add more. When the rice should look tender and creamy she turn off the heat and add the rest of the cheeses then stirred in more until all the cheeses were melted and then she seasoned some more, after she was sure it was well seasoned she poured the finished dish into a serving bowl and top with chopped parsley.

Jess was glad when Kate gave Brian the tea with potion in and made him drink " Robert asked you drink it too " she said and smiled at Kate, " he wanted me to make sure he did as well" she said and watched as Brian drank,
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 pm

"I'm 32, and I still have parents," he sighed, walking down the hallway.

"If you're fortunate, we'll still be nagging you until we're abou 150," Kate laughed. He groaned. It made her laugh.

"He loves you, Kate," Angus laughed.

"Is it that obvious?" she asked, still laughing.

Brian went into the bedroom. Khaat was just starting to not look so deathly gray. He sat down on the bed beside her and set the tea on the nightstand. Now he hated to wake her to feeling so ill. But he also knew Angus had had a really good thought. He laid his hand on her forehead and drew off Robert's spell for unconsciousness. He felt her breathing increase, almost as if she was fighting against it. Her body was surely fighting against it. He brushed her hair and talked softly to her, soothing her. She woke to his touch. She said nothing. His voice was soft and affectionate.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I know you feel like hell. Here. This will help." He sat her up slowly and laid her against his chest and fed her the tea slowly, one sip at a time, with immeasurable patience. The more tea she drank, the less her body seemed to struggle against being awake. He felt her energies improving somewhat. It was going to be a long road. But somehow death seemed to be moving farther away from his family tonight and for that he was grateful.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Jess smiled at his words but looked at Kate some what pained that she didn't have her own mother and father, " hes lucky to have found you so young " she said and moved to take a cup of tee for herself feeling she needed it also. Jack moved to her side and held her close.

" Kate and Robert are your parents too, maybe not by blood but the fact they had stood with you as parents do for there children" he said softly to her. Jess turned to face him smiling before resting her head on his chest.

"And when did you become so philosophical?" she said smiling up at him.

" That would be the day you came back to me the second time Jess" he said and lent down to kiss her deeply feeling her relax under her " now drink your seers tea I can tell you need it just as much as Brian.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Angus filled a plate for Khaat and one for Brian and floated them back to the bedroom. Khaat wasn't the least bit interested in eating. She was just too weak and tired. Brian conjured a mountain of pillows behind her to sit up against and leaned her back and just worked slowly and steadily, taking time for his own dinner while he helped her. He was just going to work at it, no matter how many times he had to reheat her plate with his wand.

In the dining room, Kate was managing Abbey and Dakota without any issue whatsoever. They were a delight. Angus was doing his best to manage all the triplets, but they were feeling a bit demanding and were acting as if he werent' feeding them quickly enough. He gave up eating his own dinner to try to speed up feeding the babies.

And then they heard a voice clearing their throat behind them. Kate spun around to see Robert wrapped in his long, gray bathrobe. "What in the world!" Kate exclaimed. She could see the potion weighing heavily in his system. "What are you doing out of bed?" she got up immediately to go over to help hiim.

"I smelled fish," he said. "I'm hungry."

"I'll get you a plate at once--with pleasure," Angus said, getting up just as quickly as the babies began to squal and fuss impatiently.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Jess looked up to see Robert " hay you should be in bed " she said and moved to let hims sit down beside Kate, " Brian gave strict instructions you were to stay in bed" she gave a sigh and gave up " I told him doctors make the worst of patients" she said and chuckled sitting next to the triplets and continued there feeding while Angus dealt with Robert. Cassidy chuckled and so did Steven.

" its good your feeling well enough to be up but there's no need we have it in hand sir" Steven said motioning to Jess feeding the triplets. He sat back and finished his meal and reheated his coffee a second time with a smile. Cassidy lent against him and whispered softly to him.

" you are aware there's two weeks till our wedding day or at least I hope it will be what with all that's been going on?" she said and he nodded leaning towards her also.

" I am and it will even if we have to get married in the middle of a battle with James" he said and saw the look on her face as he spoke.

" over my dead body will that happen " she said slightly louder then looked as she saw Jess looking at her " sorry "

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:05 pm

"I'll deal with James and his lot," Robert said, trying to hide his wrath at James, as Angus put a plate in front of him and a large cup of restorative tea that he had added extra restorative potion to.. "I haven't had time to look at a plan yet but I will deal with him."

"Robert," Kate said gently. "Eat. Forget James for now. We're alright for tonight and thats all that matters. Lee is bringing men to cover us for tonight so we can all get some rest. He knows we're at our limit here tonight."

"No we're not," Robert said. "If I though that for one moment..."

"He's taking watch tonight," she said firmly. "Its settled. Let it alone now."

"How's Khaat?" he asked.

"Brian is with her."

"How is he? He shouldn't be on his feet at all," Robert said.

"Do you think he'd quit while neither you or Khaat could function?" Angus asked softly. Robert groaned, knowing Brian had not obeyed.

"I'll talk to him after I finish," Robert said.

"He's following my orders," Kate said. "I ordered him to wake Khaat and get her some food. She'll never recharge without it." Robert considered for a moment in silence, taking a sip of his tea.

"Probably very wise," He said. "That's fine, if she's up to it. But don't expect much from her yet. She's not able."

"I expect her to try," Kate said

"And that is about all you'll get tonight. She'll do a bit better tomorrow this time," Robert said. "Kate, I want you to send word to Kierand tonight and make sure that all the arrangements for Christmas and our trip to Colorado are in place."

"I'll send word within the hour," she promised.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Cassidy nodded and sat back against Steven " I agree lets forget him for tonight" she said and finished her risotto " this is good even if I do say so myself " she said and smiled. Steven nodded and drank his coffee strangely quietly but smirking slightly. Jack noticed but said nothing knowing from the look in Steven's eye he had something planned for their wedding day. Jess finished feeding the triplets and sat back finally able to eat her own food.

" ok Kate these three are fed if some one would care to take them and change them ready for sleep" she looked at Jack and chuckled as he stood up and moved to pick up two of them Steven moved to take the third and together they moved to the nursery Jess chuckling knowing he was whispering to jack his plans.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:37 pm

The loud cracking and snapping of wands apparating in filled the air, and Robert flicked his wand out of seemingly thin air, aimed right into the heart of it. Angus hadn't even seen him draw, and it amazed him that Robert could be so drugged with pain potion and still be lightning swift with his wand.

"Oh, nice job, Robert," Lee laughed. "Now, point that thing elsewhere before you hurt somebody."

"That actually was the general idea," Robert said. "That was a damned dangerous thing to do, Lee."

"No, actually, your wife sent for me. And..." he was interrupted by the clock striking seven pm. "I'm right exactly on time. Did she not tell you?"

"I did, yes," Kate said. "But He has been a bit too preoccupied to listen to what time you were coming." Robert lowered his wand. "Grouchy old man," she muttered.

"Watch it," he shifted his eyes to her.

"You watch it yourself," she said. "I am not afraid of you."

"You should be," he said.

"I will, when you give me something to be afraid of," she said. "Anyway, thank you for coming, Lee."

"You're very welcome, Kate," Lee laughed. "Robert, you look like hell."

"You would too if you had major surgery two hours ago," Kate said.

"Oh, let me guess. James?" Lee said. "You were hurt worse than you said.

"Five ribs and a punctured lung," Kate reported.

"Oh for God's sake," Lee sighed, disgusted. "You were supposed to report that to me immediately. I'll overlook it this time, but I can't overlook it a second time. Alright, as of now, we're here. Indefinitely. Until you can take back control of your own security. That was our agreement, and it still stands. Oh, and by the way, when you finish there, get your ass to bed."

"My ass will go to bed after I see my daughter," Robert said.

"You are a poor patient, Robert," Lee said. "You guys believe in decent coffee? Its going to be a long night."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top