Marriage is Murder - Page 14
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:19 am

Jess nodded and di9d as she was asked returning ready for his next order " I under stand Brian that I can do shes stable at the moment and I'm sure Kate can help too " she said moving to beside Brian as she looked down at Robert on the bed and took a deep breath as Brian spoke further to her she nodded and looked at him " I will do that as you work" she said standing next to the bed waiting she felt like this was what she was working towards even if it was not in St. Mungos. She felt triage was what she knew best her hands shook a little feeling a little like she would if it was one of the children she was tending to.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 am

Brian laid out the equipment he would need and two pairs of gloves. He took out a miniature surgical table, enlarged it, and laid everything out with absolute meticulous precision. He laid out stacks of bandages, some steel bowls for used surgical sponges, potions, ointments, heavy pading, and a large sized rib brace that would hold the broken ribs in place once set. He had a specific order he placed things in and exact locations on the table where he wanted things. When Jess came back, he explained the process to her and exactly why he had laid the table out that way and how, for him, it made the surgery go quicker and with far less blood loss. He stepped out to briefly tell Kate what they were up against. Then he returned, washed his hands and put his pair of surgical gloves on. He drew his wand and looked at Jess.

"If you want to do this, I'll coach you through it," he told her. "You have to learn sometime, and Robert is as handy a guinea pig as any." He gave her a smile to show her he still had a sense of humor about it all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:38 am

Jess smiled back at him " I would be honored and your right I have to learn its why I'm a healer " she said and chuckled when Brian called Robert a guinea pig " yes but the make the worst patients after " she said and smile at him relaxing a little at the situation. She looked at the surgical table and the equipment on it some she recognized others she didn't but she knew with Brian helping she would get through it easily. Steven out side had heard Brian and was glad they could do something about it he walked over to Kate with a cup of tea.

"Here calm this should the nerves " he said and smiled at her " mine" he said and chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:50 am

"Well," Kate said. "What I know about Robert is that when he's sick or hurt, he gets very quiet, and the more serious it is, the more withdrawn and alone he wants to be and the more quiet he gets. I knew he was hurt. I just knew. He's in good hands with them. Brian has operated on Robert more times than I care to count, and vice versa."

Meanwhile, Brian enchanted his wand to leave a glowing red dotted line on Robert's skin in exactly the right spot and path he wanted the incision to go. He traced it out on Robert's ribcage and gave her instructions about the size of the incision and why, and directed her about withdrawing the broken rib from his lung in exactly the direction it had penetrated and then draining and closing up the lung and making sure that he was going to start to breathe before they started to set the ribs. Brian could already see a lot of bone fragments. Setting them was going to be tricky. He felt that perhaps he would have to help her to set the five ribs that were broken into more pieces than Brian had originally thought.

"If you have any questions, stop and ask me," Brian said. "I won't let you misstep. I promise. I'm watching his vital signs. He's alright so far but the quicker we get the lung back in order, the better off he'll be."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:58 am

Jess nodded finding and reattaching smaller bones she could control bleeding and soon all but one rib was some what back in place " this last ones tricky its so close to his lung " she said and looked at him worried as she moved gently and cautiously back in to position using her magic to hold it while she checked to make sure all the pieces were back in place. " I think that's them all but I want you to double check" she said and moved back so he could look in to the opening.

Steven nodded " I'm beginning to see that Kate but hes strong he'll come through fine, besides Brian is a strong healer I'm sure its a walk in the park for him" he said and placed his hand gently on her shoulder hoping to reassure her everything would be alright.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:10 am

Brian double checked her work. "It looks good so far," he said. "But I doubt you've used this spell. Watch. Its one Robert developed out of necessity years ago." He cast the spell, and it drew out little pieces that sprang up out of the incision area gathering into a sort of a swirling mist of specks, chips, dust, shards, and such. He picked up the bowl and put it under the swirling mist and the mist dropped into the bowl.

"Muggles have to irrigate an area like this with all sorts of saline and hope they got it all," Brian said. "We can know we got it all. This summons all bone debris and deposits it into the drainage bowl. Makes the risk of infection and complication far, far less." He double checked the wound to the lung and cast a spell sealing the lung again and watched and listened and monitored carefully to be sure that it was going to actually seal and that the respiratory distress stopped. Robert soon began to breathe easier. When that happened, Brian checked the setting of the ribs. For most people it would have been more than sufficient, but Brian knew how overly meticulous Robert always was about fractures and perfect alignment. It was tricky with the last rib because of the splintering of part of the rib, but with a bit of fine tuning, he got all the rib pieces aligned perfectly. "Nice work," he told Jess. "Let's close." He closed the wound, except for a tiny opening less than half an inch, and didn't leave a single scar. Robert had taught Brian and Khaat how to heal wounds without the slightest evidence that it had ever been there. They had run across the odd, macho sort of thinker that beleived that a few scars made them look tough and had asked them to leave their scars rather than healing it entirely properly.

"The opening is to allow just a bit of seepage because of how severe the wound was. Because of how severe the wound was, it will cause the tissue to swell, and as the swelling reduces, the wound will drain serous fluid. I dont' know if Robert has talked to you about serous fluid, but it is a watery fluid that the body uses to deliver the healing chemicals the body needs to promote a higher healing energy to that injured part of the body. When it is no longer needed, we need it to drain off. It will develop fluid for several hours. If we were doing this in a muggle way, it might drain up to two weeks. This way, by morning, I can finish closing this. But that also means that for the rest of today and during the night we will have to change the dressing often because it will be very wet and messy--much more so than a muggle dressing. We'd best check it every couple of hours until it completely stops draining. " He addressed the huge burn and the even bigger bruise, packed the wound very heavily and taped it and then splinted the ribs. "Once the drain is closed tomorrow, I'll bind the ribs with a full sized rib binder to keep them in place. Once we do that, he'll breathe better and be far more comfortable and in less pain. At least this was, we only need to try to keep him quiet until then. Fortunately, or unfortunately for us, he feels like hell. He'll be pretty cooperative. Alright. I'm going to wake him up now. Then we'll clean up the mess." He laid his hand on Robert's forehead and silently cast the spell to wake him. Robert woke, trying to take a deeper breath, and it made him cough. His hand flew to the broken ribs.

"You really, really stink at pain relief," he grimaced and managed, in a great deal of pain.

"You didn't need pain relief. You were unconscious," Brian said, laying his hand back on his head to draw of the pain. Brian felt that the pain was immense. He just continued to draw it off steadily and rapidly, as rapidly as he could. In fact, he was drawing it off so deeply and so quickly, it was making Brian very dizzy. If Robert had truly known how Brian was making him comfortable, Brian knew Robert would not be pleased, but Robert was exhausted from all the events of the last day or so and once he had a reason to be comfortable, he slipped into a deep sleep, finally pain free. Brian didnt move, waiting for the room to stop spinning.

"Double check him, Jess," Brian said. "I need a minute and then I'll clean up the mess. I didnt exactly follow all his rules. And once I do that, I'll leave you with him, and I'll go first and geet a pain relief potion that he uses as last resort. It's liable to keep him sedated, but I see little choice. Trust me, its just far too costly to either of us to try to draw it off for him. I just did it, and I'm probably going to need at least a triple strength restorative tea to feel one bit better. I don't want you trying it. But, since we know that it will wipe us entirely off our feet to draw off his pain, we know how much pain he's in and we know that potion is our only choice. He would not argue with that. Jess, if I can't recover as quickly as I'd like, I'll send you to the potions lab to get the potion, but I'll have to tell you where it is and what to look for. He keeps it well hidden and secured because it can be quite lethal if it is misused. We need to be sure that nobody touches it but an experienced healer. If the kids were to get it, and the would be attracted to it because it tastes sweet--like pure honey. They would like the taste. But it would surely kill them as swiftly and deadly as any other potion.

"Once we get Robert settled, I'd really like to stay with Khaat and I'll try to check on Robert--unless you want to check on him. He's going to sleep. We'll get him into bed, and I doubt we'll have any difficulty with him. When he's hurt like this, he normally stays put if he knows that we have everything else under control. Thats not to say that he doesn't want to run things from his bed. He does that exceptionally well. Kate can be of immense help when it comes to looking after Khaat and Robert both. I dont know how Cassidy is at that but we do need to keep Abbey and Dakota from jumping up on their grandpa for the next couple of weeks at least. And they love nothing more than to run and jump up on him and cuddle with him. We're goin to have to get them to cuddle on the other side. I'm going to leave the rest of you in charge of all the kids If thats ok with you? I'll do my best to let Abbey, in particular, know that Mama and Grandpa are alright but if she's going to be a Lupin, she'd better just get adjusted to this scrapes and bumps stuff now. Its just part of being a Lupin, I think.

"Oh, and one more thing, I don't want you burning the candle at both ends for these two. I am very experienced at being up all night, and I do it pretty well. So is Kate. Angus can too if he has to. I need one of us healers always up to full power for at least the next three days or so. So that means that I really need you to get impeccable nutrition, good exercise without overdoing it or hurting yourself, a full nights sleep, and some fun and stress relief so that your energies are at their full power. Just in case mine might not be. I will do my
best, but what I'm saying is that, Jess, I really need your help. With Khaat and Robert out of commission, I have no one else to rely on but you. Make sure the others know that we may well need them to step in with the kids. And we will surely have to call either Owens in Paris or Lee in Washington DC to provide us with more security until we get ourselves back up in numbers and strength.

"I'm going to talk to Angus about making sure that instead of that little snack he serves between dinner in the evenings and bedtime that what he serves is something that is loaded with nutrition and energy. He'll know what I mean. And if there is anybody that wouldnt' eat that little mini meal, we need to not tell them that it is designed to refuel their energy. We do have one or two that can be a bit sticky about taking any sort of potion. But I have to keep us up and running. Now--that is a massive amount of instruction. I'm not sure I'd have all that. Do you have any questions at all? And did I miss anything?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Jess was glad when it was over and Robert was closed and wrapped , she checked him over and added some pain relief adding to Brian's " everything went well, but you did make a mess in there " she said and smiled at him as she finished him off. Cleaning away the tools she took a deep breath now she had to make sure he rested and did not over do it but she also knew that would be a task since he was so pig headed and stubborn. She looked at Robert and walked over to him. " feeling better now?" she asked " and Brian's right you need the extra nutrients and rest" she covered him with a sheet and blanket knowing he would feel the cold now.

Steven saw Brian enter the living room but pass right through to the kitchen standing he walked over to the door and lent on it " so how did it go?" he asked notably curious as to Roberts well being and health.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:12 pm

"Much better," Robert admitted, feeling the effects of the pain potion making him tired and groggy. "Keep an eye on Brian. He's going to be feeling the full weight of this thing now until I can be up again. And I can feel his energies. They're strong. He's going to need restorative potion. Soon. And I suggest he think about something quiet like reading a book or something. Not working out."

Went fine," Brian said quietly. "I shouldn't have hit him that hard. Perhaps we shouldn't duel so hard anymore. Especially now when every person counts. My fault. Anyway, he's gonna be fine. Sore for awhile, but he'll be okay. He'll probably be back on his feet by morning. God, I'm tired."

"Did you drain yourself helping him?" Kate asked, coming in.

"Well, not intentionally. But probably. There was just no cutting his pain for awhile. He's going to be sleeping most of the rest of the day," Brian said.

"Then, we'll get dinner. You need to eat to refule yourself. And you need to rest. Why dont' you try going in to the sofa and reading to your daughters. They'd love to have some time with their daddy. I think they miss their mother."

"Good idea," Brian said, yawning.

"I'll bring you some coffee," Kate smiled. "Thank you, Brian. I think I'll go see him and Khaat."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Jess smiled and nodded as she checked his pain level one more time finding it comfortable. " I'll make sure he relaxes and that he takes the restorative potion even if I have to hold him down to get him to take it " she said and chuckled and she Moved across the hall to Khaats room finding her energy's needing topping up also she added to Khaats and return to sit at the foot of Roberts bed taking a book she began to read she wanted to stay close to him.

Steven breathed out and smiled " that's good , and don't blame yourself you both needed to let off steam" he said and picked up a mug poring some coffee he blew on it and the took a drink just as Kate suggested they eat. " that's a good idea Kate" he said and looked at Angus smirking.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 pm

"It won't take long to put together. I know this really isnt any of my business, but...if Khaat is so weak, does it really do her any good to remain endlessly unconscious? Would we not be better if we woke her and fed her? We're having almost pure protein tonight with enough carbs that it would infuse her with quick energy, a long slow energy infusion, and enough starch to ground those in her system. Don't you think that she'd be better of if we got her up and fed her?"

Kate thought for a long moment. "I think you're right, Angus. Good idea. Brian, I want you to wake her when Angus has dinner ready and one of us can feed her."

"I think you're right, Kate," Brian said. "I'll help her. That is, if the rest of you can manage to feed all these babies. What about Robert?"

"I think we covered him, didn't we?" Kate asked.

"Not that I know of," Brian said.

"We already talked about the babies," she laughed. Brian laughed out loud. "Seriously, though, if you gave him that extra strength potion, he's going to sleep. It won't hurt him to miss a meal. If he's hungry, we can fix him a plate. Let's just see how he feels by then."

"Alright," Angus said. "Dinner. Maybe Cassidy will help me in the kitchen so we can get this done fairly quickly. I know the kids are hungry."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top