Marriage is Murder - Page 64
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 64 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 64 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 64 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Steven Walker Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:55 am

Steven nodded as he ran then slowed down walking with Jack to the main area picking up a hand weight " here John hold this " he said and gave it to him he tipped to his left " now lift it " he said and john tried " slowly raise it up" John did as he was told " now do that ten times , here Andrew your turn , same thing " he said and smile picking up his own weights and did the same as them , Jack picked up heavier ones and stood with Steven.

" I got heavier ones coz those are like feathers to me " he said and chuckled as Steven rolled his eyes at him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:11 am

Brian came back and decided to let John and Andrew work with Jack and Steen for awhile. He was approached by some of the aurors who wanted to pick up their dueling skills. He went with them to the far end of the room to spar with them. Two of them decided to try to best him by ganging up on him two against one.

"Do I at least get 2 wands?" Brian asked them. They looked at each other and shrugged.

"Sure. Why not?" they asked. It was just about that time Robert walked in, wanting to check on the staff. When he saw the duel, Robert floated his own wand over to Brian, who simply caught it and held one in each hand.

"This ought to be good," Robert said quietly to Owens as he walked in and took a quiet, unassuming place on an empty weight bench and began a few go's with the barbell while he watched the unfortunate young aurors who believed two of them made up for one of Brian. With a little luck, the boys would get an idea of just how much they didn't know yet.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:21 am

Steven saw the duel and placed down his weights " come and watch Brian " he said and moved Andrew and John over to beside Robert. He could tell John was not impressed and he sighed " wait and see john, Brian's stronger than you think, don't you remember the skating?" He said and john found a seat to sit down on to watch barely impressed he looked at Andrew and sighed as he looked at Robert. " did you have this much trouble with Brian at this age?" he asked knowing that if not he'd have worse to come.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:37 am

"Of course," Robert laughed. "They're teenagers. It comes with their age. They're good boys. They're just ouff their schedule between the time change and the training."

Brian took a well balanced stance and waited. The young aurors fired at him, and he shielded himself. He fired back at them, both wands at once. It knocked them hard, into the wall behind them, knocking one of the two out. He lay limp against the wall. The other auror lay on the floor, flabbergasted and stunned. He didn't know how to respond to Brian.

Brian walked over to the auror who was unconscious on the floor. He laid his hand on the man's forehead and brought him around. "You've had enough. No more training for today. Go rest. We'll tune that up tomorrow," he said gently. "Make sure you check in with the healers in the infirmary later this morning, just to be sure."

"Thanks, Brian," The better of the two aurors said, helping his training partner up. He put his arm under the man Brian had bested and they walked out slowly. Brian turned to go back to his own workout, and those who had seen the demonstration applauded Brian.

"I'm waiting for the day that I can applaud each of you," Brian said with a slight smile.

"Keep working with us," Owens said to Brian, patting him on the shoulder. "We'll get it. You're a good trainer, Mate."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:49 am

Steven smiled at Brian and looked back at John who sat back against the wall where he sat and he sighed again " guess so Robert , come on john Andrew back to training " he said and took them back to the weights where Jack still worked out with the weights but he moved to the chest weight and lay down lifting with Steven potting for him as he did. then they swapped and Steven lifted a lighter weight while Jack potted both keeping an eye on John and Andrew. Cassidy walked over to them and smiled.

" Good to see you both here. " she said to John and Andrew then smiled seeing Steven falter a little at seeing her standing close to him as he worked but he quickly got himself back on track. Jess could not help chuckle at his reaction as Cassidy bent down whispering something to him jack grabbed the weight and placed it back as he sat up.

" cassidy don't say that while a mans got weights in his hands " he said some what flustered slightly.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 am

Brian kept track of the time and when the second shift of staff members came in to work out with him, he told the first shift they should go shower and clean up and go get breakfast and go to their posts. He looked at jack and Steven.

"I'm going to ask you two to take Andrew and John with you on morning patrol. The storm has died down, but we're still getting snow. At least its not so brutal. But there is at least 8 inches on the ground and more coming. Its just snowing now. And we're not used to this deep stuff, so be sure you keep an eye on them. But they need to see what you do. For now, make sure they shower and get dressed for the day in weather appropriate clothing and then feed them." He looked at the boys. "Before you ask, yes, you will get your christmas break, but I do want you to learn how to stay safe. Here's the bottom line. War is going to come to England again. There are too many people who are sick of being dictated to by an evil wizard. As students, you are very vulnerable to being used as pawn. There must be some reason Grindlewald has worked so hard to penetrate the school. Andrew, you already know all this."

"Yeah," Andrew said quietly. "I do." And it was true. He'd been recruited as, basically, a spy for Robert. He'd trained for it all summer and had started the mission when the train left Kings Cross.

"My interest is in making sure you both survive. And I have a very, very short time to make you battle ready. Steven, as my friend, I do care about you and your family. Help me get your son battle ready before he goes back in a couple weeks. And Andrew, you need to brush up and improve what skills you do have."

"Okay," Andrew said, giving in.

"Go shower," Brian said. Andrew nodded and headed out of the gym.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 am

Steven and jack nodded they both understood , john how ever stayed sat down as Brian spoke he looked at Andrew then stood up to move back to the bed room leaving Steven sighing all over again " Brian I don't think John truly understands whats happening" he said and look at him. " god I hope James isn't this stubborn when he gets older " Steven said but felt Jack's arm on his shoulder.

" don't worry mate nobody can beat that boy for stubbornness he defiantly is your son " he said and Steven looked at him then chuckled.

" I'll take that as a compliment " he said and saw Jack chuckling to himself as he nodded.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 am

Brian stayed and trained the staff through the next two workouts. It was 8:30 am before he managed to clean up the gym and the pool room and the locker rooms and get back upstairs. He was tired after 3 solid hours of working his hardest. He'd passed a staff member in the hallway who promised to get Angus to send breafast. Brian was honestly too tired to eat. He went upstairs, found Khaat up in a chair that Kate had transfigured from a standard club chair to a very comfortable rust colored recliner that fit her perfectly. Kate had helped her dress in jeans and an oversized vintage football jersey from the Denver Broncos that belonged to Brian. It was white with blue lettering and orange trim.

"Hm. That shirt looks familiar," he smiled.

"Do you mind?"

"Nah," he smiled. "Its just a shirt, Baby."

"The last I knew it was worth a bit of money."

"Sweetheart, if I wanted to hang onto it, I'd have framed it or something. You know I wear it sometimes myself. The only thing I'd like to put behind glass to protect is...well, you. And the kids." He kissed her. She caressed his cheek.

"You're exhausted. Did you push that whole time?"

"I had to set an example of what I expect by being that way for each group."

"You can't do that," she said seriously. "Nobody can push themselves for three solid hours at their max and not suffer from it."

"I don't have a choice."

"Yes, you do. Steven and Jack know you. They train with you more than anybody else. Let each of them take a workout. They're going to work out anyway and they know what you expect. It would be good for them to learn that we do have others in the organization that can be counted on just like you and Daddy."

"I dont' know if they'd do it," Brian sighed.

"I bet they would. Whats the worst that can happen?"

"Um...they'd say no?" Brian asked.

"Go shower. I bet your breakfast will be here by then."

"Ok," Brian said, almost wanting to groan and beg off of showering and eating. He found himself taking a dose of Khaat's energy potion to compensate for how much of himself he'd spent. That, and eating breakfast after it arrived. It made him feel able to face the day.

"Brian, I have an odd request," she asked.

"What?" he said with a grin, knowing by the look on her face she had an idea.

"I want to hang a stocking for each person here. We have enough fireplaces we should be able to do that. We can turn it into a scavenger hunt. Let them go all through the house until they find their stockings full of goodies."

"You're wonderful," he kissed her. "Great idea."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Steven had heard Khaat and smiled walking in " I can't speak for Jack but I know I don't mind taking a session " he said and chuckled " I'll take the 7am session that leaves the 6am for Jack" he said ans saw him walk passed with Jess and stopped.

"wow 6am session, hum sure why not I'm up at 5 anyway " he said and smiled as Jess smiled " I know but if it helps lessen Brian's load" he said

" Jack, I approve maybe you can pass on the fact that not all wears are bad to the next generation " she said and smiled as she saw Steven nod his head in agreement.

" there you go Brian, starting tomorrow we will each share the sessions, giving you the time to be with Khaat, witch I might add you both need " he said smiling
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:06 pm

"There," Khaat smiled. "Its settled. Thank you, Jack and Steven. I thought..."

"Dust off your tuxes and your ball gowns, Boys and Girls," Robert announced from behind them.

"Huh?" Brian asked, dumbfounded. "I think mine is at the cleaners."

"Well, then you'd best pay them extra to get it back. We're doing our own version of a Yule Ball, right here, for every member of the organization. A formal dinner and a formal dance--Christmas Eve. Right here. So do whatever you have to do. Black tie, evening gowns, you know the drill."

"When did you decide this?" Brian asked.

"About ten minutes ago," Robert said.

"You're sending Fi into overdrive, arent' you?"

"She never got out of that," Robert laughed. "She's already on it. And so is Angus. Just get your behinds there, looking like my shining first string staff." He walked away. Brian groaned and sat down, shaking his head.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 82 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top