Marriage is Murder - Page 82
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 82 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 82 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Steven Walker Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:03 am

John followed Andrew and when the door opened he smiled seeing the bowling alley and moved inside changing his shoes he picked up a ball and looked at Andrew. " you first " he said and grinned knowing he would love this game. Once Andrew had taken his shots John moved to stand facing it placing his feet he rolled his ball it struck 6 pins leaving one standing and he sighed taking a second ball he managed this time to knock it down and he shouted in joy. " that's was the first time ever I did that " he said grinning at Andrew.

Steven and Cassidy sat in the main living room with several other couples who had gathered for the night to warm up. Jack and Jess sat not far from them Jess laid on his lap. Steven smiled at Cassidy who smiled back they both wondered just what would happen next.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Andrew took the first shots down the new bowling alley. It had been a small honor for him and John, but then again, Andrew hadn't been honored by anything, so it did feel special to him. And he found, behind a set of oak doors, a snack bar of sorts that included sodas, candy, cookies, chips and all sorts of nature of snacks. "Oh cool. They left us alone with all this sugar," he laughed.

Kate finished tucking in the babies and returned to her room. Khaat was sittiing still with her father, just holding his hand while he slept. Brian was just a few steps away in the office, seeing to the running of the organization. Something he hadn't had much time to see to. Robert had been doing it while they were in exile. It gave Robert something to focus on, something to do while he wasn' running St. Mungos and the ministry. But there were a lot of things to do now because of the expansions.

"How is he?" Kate asked Khaat.

"Sleeping," she said softly. "He's barely moved." Kate went over to see him. Robert was in a very deep sleep, one that was very rare for him, and Kate only saw it if he was either sick or injured or completely exhausted from too many all nighters.

"Let him rest," she told Khaat. "He rallies fast after a long sleep like this. You'll see."

"I know," she said.

"Khaat," she sat with her daughter. "You know what he's going to tell you, don't you?"

"Yeah," she admitted.

"So what keeps you from accepting it if you know it already?"

"I'm tired of it. I'm tired of not being home. I'm tired of not working. It feels like I'm wasting my life by having to wait, under guard. I really don't want to do this anymore."

"Patience. You know these things take time. Sometimes a lot of it. Remus felt the same way when he had to go underground. he hated it just like you do now. You are his daughter in so many ways. But--you are your father's daughter. You have the strength to last this out." Khaat didnt' reply to her mother. Kate just sighed. She got her night things together and her clothes for tomorrow, and a book to read. She put it on a stack. "You'll call me if he wakes?" she asked. Khaat nodded. "Good night then," Kate said, resigning to leave it to Robert in the morning. She went across to Khaat s room to settle in for the night.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:48 pm

John's eyes widened at the sight of all those sugary treats and he took a soda " nice tuck in i guess " he said and grinned as he downed his first soda then took a Cookie and ate it knowing Angus had made them. Steven and cassidy were walking hand in hand to there own room when they passed Roberts room " Hows he doing tonight?" he asked looking at Brian he could see on Khaat face she was tired too " you can sleep you know cassidy and I can take a turn sitting with him " he offered Cassidy nodded along with him " if anything changes we will call you" he stood waiting for there answer.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:04 pm

"Thank you," Brian said. "I don't think I could pry her away with a crowbar right now, though. But..I'll definitely use you for backup. What I would appreciate is making sure my kids don't suffer from Khaat and I being gone. Abbey seems to feel it more. She is so bonded to Khaat that when Mama isn't here she really notices. I worry for her. She knows we're here, but she doesn't understand why we're not taking care of her. I don't ever want her to feel we don't love her. Not ever. Can you help make sure that my kids don't suffer?"

Khaat didn't say much. Brian was right. She worried for the kids the same way that he did. And she had already caused them to miss their parents for a full day. She had actually left them with no intention of coming back. She had thought that Brian could and would raise them without her, in a freer world, if she could offer herself to get James to bear off. Brian was sure that James would just take aim at someone else--perhaps Abbey or Kate. Someone Robert would not sacrifice. Brian had no doubt that if Khaat threw her life away, she would be doing it for nothing. It was one of the reasons he allowed her to stay here now. It gave her a purpose to stay. Taking care of her father kept her from trying to dash off again to find James.

"If Robert doesn't rally tomorrow like we're hoping he does perhaps you'd take over for us after breakfast for awhile so we can sleep?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:21 pm

Steven nodded and smiled " don't worry were going to check our own we'll stop awhile and play with them both " cassidy said and saw the look on Stevens face and chuckled " yes dear were going there any way" she said and he smiled.

" sure love to see Abby " he said and smiled pulling her closer to him " yeah anytime of the night just call, and if anything changes " he said and they moved off towards the nursery and to Abby who they found sitting in her cot " hey Abby whats this " he said and accioed a small bunny with pink ears " your mom and dad miss you so they asked us to play with you " he said and lifted her down on to the floor while Cassidy checked on the twins and Fallon who she found all sleeping after just being fed and changed.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:42 pm

When morning came, Brian had Angus bring not only coffee but also some tea for Robert. Brian went ahead and showered and shaved and dressed. Khaat had fallen asleep, still holding Robert's hand. But she was asleep now, slouched over, her head laying on the bed. The coffee tray arrived and Brian poured himself coffee, letting Khaat sleep.

"You'd better have more than one mug, Son," he heard Robert say sleepily. Brian smiled and turned and saw Robert awake.

"You sure you want coffee? There's tea here."

"The coffee smells great. I'll have that first," Robert said. Brian handed Robert the first cup.

"How are you feeling?" Brian asked.

"Much better," Robert said. He looked over and saw Khaat beside him, her hand still over his. He frowned deeply. "What have you done?" he asked her rhetorically. He moved his hand out from under hers. He laid his hand on her forehead. He sighed. "She's drained herself of everything I gave her."

"What? How'd she do that?" Brian frowned. Robert sighed, frustrated.

"Her energy comes from me! Where do you think its first nature is to go? Think! It returns as quickly as it can to its source, given the chance. Damn.' He sent a large energy blast from himself back to her. It woke her with a jolt, as if she'd been struck by lightning. It knocked her out of her chair straight to the floor. Brian flew.

"Khaat!" he exclaimed. Khaat had no idea what had hit her. She was completely confused. Brian helped her up and helped her back into the chair.

"What was that?" she asked, stunned.

"Don't do that again," her father said, with iron firmness.

"You're awake?" she asked.

"Clearly," he said. "Very awake. You know exactly what you did, and you know better."

"So...you decided to dispense with being kind?" she frowned.

"Your needs were more important than manners," he replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Jess sat upright on the bed and sighed " damn you Robert. " she said and slipped form her bed to dress once done she moved to Robert and Kate's room where she saw Khaat on the floor and Brian . " Good morning " she said and moved to give Robert his coffee then checked him finding he was fine " Your bad mood woke me " she said as she moved to stand back at the tea tray for a cup for herself before facing them all and blowing over her cup.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:08 pm

"I tend to be that way when my child becomes self destructive," Robert said to Jess. Brian didn't say a syllable. He turned away and went for a cup of coffee for himself. The action wasn't missed on Robert's part. Nor did he miss the brief look he saw in Khaat's eyes before she diverted her gaze from him. "So we're still there, are we?" Robert sighed. "Alright. That will be first on my list, then."

"No," Kate said, coming in, rested and refreshed for the day. "It won't. That's what the rest of us are for. Your first order of business is getting something to eat and then, if you're up to it, getting a shower and a shave and fresh clothes and letting Brian help you so you don't start bleeding all over my shower floor or my bedroom. I ordered your breakfast tray from Angus. That's all the longer your arse is going to stay in that bed. Then I expect you to be up and about your business. Khaat is at least 3rd or 4th on your list. She's not going anywhere."

He looked at her. Nobody else on the planet talked to him like that. Well, maybe there were one or two others, but few. And he merely allowed it.

"I've got it , Kate," Brian said. "Jess can help me re-dress those wounds when he gets out of the shower. We need to check them anyway."

"Shouldnt I do that?" Khaat asked.

"I expect you to follow what your mother laid out for you father. Food, Shower, clothes, and then perhaps either isiting our kids or taking a nap. One or the other. Jess and I can do this."

"Put the nap on hold," Robert ordered her. "We have to talk."

"Well," Kate smiled, satisfied. "Its nice to know life is back to normal in the Lupin house." Brian and Robert laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:31 pm

Jess nodded and sighed " she gave her energy to you " she said and rolled her eyes but smiled when Kate came in and took over, she nodded at Brian's suggestion " yes, I will help, I'm in no rush Jacks still sound asleep. " she said sipping her cup of tea that she held. She could feel the tension in the room and sighed again " you know all this tension is not productive " she said softly as she took a drink of her tea and waited. " Kate is right , you need to rest and recover, Khaat you too to build up your energy "
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:44 pm

"Then tension will resole itself this morning," Robert said. "Not to worry." Angus arriived with a breakfast tray for Robert.

"Shall I send up breakfast fo the rest of you?" he asked.

"No," Robert said. "No need. they'l be going to the dining room. I believe I can handle my own breakfast. You lot stop hovering--ALL of you. Go eat. I really will still be very much alive when you return--whether you like it or not." Brian laughed. It was good to see him able to have a sense of humor again.

"Robert, are you sure..." he began.

"I'm sure. For pity's sakes. I think I can be on my own for even that long."

"Well, then, I'll just..."

"You'll just do nothing but go eat. Angus will make sure I have my tray. You go ahead."

Brian looked at Jess. "I guess we're going to eat, then and we'll come back to help him shower."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top