Marriage is Murder - Page 81
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 81 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 81 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Jess watched and could not help but smile at Kate's strength when she was asked if she could stay awhile she nodded " of course " she said and moved to stand beside Robert and Khaat " um ...good to have you both back Khaat" she said with a soft smile to her as she checked Robert.

Steven looked at Kate as she tended the mountain lion who laid still for her, he told her about that she would have to return every day till it was healed she reluctantly agreed as long as it was her who did it. " she's said you'll have to do it she doesn't trust any one else but she will come back she's also said she'd keep her eyes open for strangers in the woods but she won't attack " Steven said moving to a small empty shed." she can stay in here, its empty and quiet for them" he pulled out some hay and spread it on the floor for them to lay on witch the female did and was soon asleep with the cub curled against her. The male on the other hand stood some way off facing the woods his ears pricked up listening.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:04 pm

"They need to stay hidden," Kate said. "If there are strangers on our grounds, those mountain lions won't stand a chance of they get in the way of a dark arts follower. I will tend to them tomorrow, but she needs to understand you and Jack will be responsible for feeding them. And then we'll have to get them used to a couple on the regular staff. We dont intend to live here forever. They will have to get used to others who believe the way we do. I know its hard for them to trust people, but when they get to trust us, then they can trust the people that we trust."

Brian took Khaat back to their rooms. She hadn't wanted to be here. Hadn't intended to come back. She had had other plans that Brian had thwarted, and out of necessity she had come back. Brian got out a warm pair of winter pajamas for her. Blue flannel pajama pants with white snowflakes printed on them, and a blue shirt with an embroidered white snowflake on the front. He found her a pair of white slipper socks and he sent her off to soak in a hot bubble bath. He ordered the hot buttered rums and lit fires in the fireplace in their sitting room and in the one in their bedroom. He showered in their shower while she soaked in the tub. The hot water felt good and he made a mental note to warn people of porting here in the bitter cold conditions.

Just as they were getting dressed, there was a knock on the door. Brian slid on the dark green t shirt that went with his white flannel pajama pants with the dark green plaid print. He saw Khaat was still dressing and he pulled the bathroom door mostly shut as he went to answer the outer door. It was Angus. He had two trays floating behind them.

"I thought perhaps you might like a quiet meal," he said. "I know its your second dinner tonight, but..."

"It's alright," Brian said. "She didn't eat much of anything. She had too much on her mind. Perhaps she'll eat now. I don't know."

"She might. She likes this. Its pumpkin gnocchi with a sage butter sauce. And there is a generous fruit salad there, a generous slice of a chocolate espresso cake, along with the hot buttered rum you ordered."

"You're bribing her," he laughed.

"I try," he admitted, setting the trays on the coffee table in their sitting room. "Oh, and by the way, your things are here and unpacked. Brian, when I look at her, I see that her mind is made up. How can I help?"

"I dont think you can, my friend. I'm just keeping her safe, myself. When Robert regains himself, he'll deal with it, I'm sure. I've told her that first of all, her necklace and Remus will not allow her to be ripped to pieces by James, no matter what opportunities she thinks she can arrange for that. That just isn't gonna happen. If he gets anywhere within a mile of her, her stone and her uncle will be here to protect her before we could ever get to her.. Its fairly simple. She needs to give up on that plan altogether. Gelding? We've defeated him to many times. I won't let her throw herself to him. Its unnecessary to stand in front of a parked car and dare it to hit you. And that's about all the threat Gelding is to us right now. He's no more powerful than a parked car. So, neither plan is going to work."

"What about Grindelwald?"

"So far, he's not in her thoughts. So, lets not bring that up within earshot of her so that it invites that thought into her head," he said. "She can't begin to match him." Khaat finally came out of the bathroom, with a white robe wrapped around her pajamas.

"Welcome home," Angus told her.

"Thank you," she said.

"We're going to grab some food and then if you want to go back to your father, we'll do that," Brian told her. She simply nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Steven nodded and explained to the female and she growled to him " shes agreed but she wants the man who found her cub seems he made and impression on him . A blond man walked forward from behind them and spoke.

" That would be me" he said and walked over to Steven. " All I did was give him some water and Jerky that I had in my pocket " he said kneeling so the cub could sniff his pocket again " I spent two years as a forester before I came here " he said and Steven grinned placing his hand on the mans shoulder " well, shes your responsibility to feed ,umm..what is your name?" he asked

" Terry Watkins" he said and nodded chuckling as the cub batted his arm , he took out of his pocket another piece and held it for the cub to take witch it did and ran back to its mother who looking up for a moment laid back down. Steven stood up and moved to Kate.

"She'll be fine, hows Robert doing?" he asked
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:29 pm

"He's well enough now to be sarcastic again," Kate said.

"Sounds like he's fine," Watkins laughed.

"Indeed," Kate said. "So you know him?"

"I do," he said. "Trained under him in Paris. He can be quite the drillmaster."

"Oh, how we all know," Kate said. "Khaat and Jess and Brian did a good job with him, though. He was almost asleep when I left. He was demanding that Khaat and Brian go get warm. I presume that Jess is with him and that Khaat and Brian are getting into dry clothes. Or at least I hope they are. His instructions were pretty specific. We'd better get back. Angus will have dinner on the table. He said he was making fresh pumpkin gnocchi with sage butter sauce, caesar salad, homemade garlic toast, and some sort of new cake recipe. I may need some additional help with the kids tonight. It seems that Robert and Khaat and Brian have left me to it myself. Abbey and Dakota just need a bit of gentle supervision. But then there are those triplets. They do love to eat. And if they don't get it fast enough, they get cranky."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Steven could not help but chuckle at Kate's words and nod when she spoke of the twins " I know how that is Kate got two of my own like that " he said and looked at Jack when Jess was mentioned.

" yes she won't leave his side till she's told to" he said and noted the darkening clouds over their heads" looks like more snow we should get back indoors before it hits " he said and felt the first cold wind that came with the snow drift around them as he stood looking at Kate for confirmation they could head back inside the warm safe house.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:58 pm

"I'll meet you inside. I'd like to check on Robert before I eat." She apparated inside and went upstairs. She found Khaat and Brian going back over to Robert to relieve Jess.

"Did you two get a chance to eat?" she asked them.

"Yes," Brian said, "And it was delicious. I never get tired of fresh gnocci." They went into Robert's room. "Thank you, Jess. Looks like there's no change. We'll take over from here. You two go eat. Oh, and Kate, I would expect Angus to help you with the kids. I am sure he's already counting on feeding a kid or two. I don't know if he can balance all three triplets, but he's pretty good at doing two at once. He's had a lot of practice. If you need one of us to go along..."

"No," Kate said. "I'd rather you be here with him."

"We'll stay tonight," Brian said. "You can use our room. The staff will refresh our room for you. I've already mentioned it to the staff."

"I should be here..."

"Kate, someone has to be moving forward. Someone has to look like we're still at the helm of this organization. If you do it, then it looks like Robert is still in charge. And we fully expect him to be up on his feet, at least to some limited degree, by morning if all goes well tonight."

"That soon?" Kate frowned.

"I dont see why not," Khaat said.

"Alright. if you're sure..." Kate said with a slight hesitance.

"We're sure," Brian said. Kate nodded and went downstairs. Angus had seated himself a short distance from the table, with the kids around him. He had Julia on one side and Robert on the other. Beside Julia sat Abbey, and Dakota was on the other side of Robert. And right in front of him was Michael. He was going to try to be adventurous enough to try all five at once. Kate laughed. She kissed his cheek.

"I appreciate it," she said. "But I'll take a couple of those." She took Dakota and Michael--the two most likely culprits to start a food fight. She left him witth three lesser of the five evils.

"And how will you eat?" he asked.

"I'll manage," she said, laughing. "Grandmas can do anything. Didn't you know that?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Jess looked up as she saw Khaat, Brian and Kate and she stood up pressing her finger to her lips " shush " he's still sleeping " she said and moved to look at Brian " nope , no change, not that I could detect "she said touching Roberts forehead as she moved back to them. " I'll help him" Jess said softly as Jack walked in behind her and wrapped his cold arms around her she held a squeal at his coldness against her warm skin but she just smiled rubbing his cold arms gently.

Steven came back and walked to the living room where he found Cassidy sat reading. " how did it go?" she asked and he kissed her deeply " ow that bad huh " she said and smiled as he sat with her.

" not too bad Roberts going to be ok " he told her and she nodded she understood.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Kate had to admit that she felt better, physically and emotionally, as she go a chance to sit at the dinner table with family and friends. Trusted people they had let into their lives--people who had sworn their very lives to the Lupin family. It helped settle her a bit. It had been frightening to see Robert attacked, and not being able to rally himself and fight back, and not knowing what she needed t do to defend him.

"Kate," Angus said, looking hat her. "I'm no seer but I know you. It wasn't your fault. It was just an accident. But if you feel you need to be better trained, then by all means ask Brian to work with you. When Robert's better, you can train with him. If I know Robert, he knows his own missteps if there were any. And if he feels there were, he'll be back in the gym as soon as he can manage it."

"You're right," she smiled. "Thank you. You have no idea what it means to have the consistency of a good meal, good friends,and family here tonight. It really does help to keep my mind on positive things and that life is going to go on."

"Kate," Angus asked gently and softly, "Can I ask? Do we need to be more watchful of Khaat right now?"

"Not while her father needs her," Kate said. "As long as her mind is on him, then she'll backburner her own ideas for him. I'm hoping that Robert gets through to her. She'll hear what we say, but only about half. She needs to hear it from Robert. She knows we love her. She's heard Brian tell her by the hour that her plan wont' work and all the reasons why it won't. But...I know her mind is still going there. I think she's tired of all we've given up. And she thinks its just because of her. But its not. She's being used and we all know it. She listened to anything Remus said, and she learned to turn that reliance onto Robert after Remus wasn't here. She needs to hear it from him before that's going to die off for her. So--I know what Brian is doing. He's keeping her focused on Robert tonight by them staying up all night with him. I"m sure I could deal with him, but Brian is killing two birds with one stone. And I"m proud of him for letting her be needed tonight. Her father will be on top of this in the morning, I'm sure."

"Just the same, I'll do my best to keep an extra eye. Maybe do a bit of extra pampering. I've been playing with a recipe that I have been hesitant to try, but maybe I'll do it at breakfast. Who says we can't have a light dessert with breakfast? There are places that do that."

"Follow your instincts," she told him. "You're usually right with your thoughts on what she needs and when she needs it."

"Kate," he said. "After we put these little rugrats to bed, how about we break out all those board games we have in storage downstairs and set up the great hall for just some fun, maybe with some music and snacks?"

"that's a wonderful idea. Let's see what Jack and Steven and jess and Cassidy think. The rest of the staff seem to be following what those four do. And, it might give Andrew and John something fun."

"Oh, I have something for them. Something we haven't unlocked yet."

"Oh?"

"Its a surprise. I want this to be, at least for the first time we unveil it, just for Andrew and John."

"Thank you for making them feel important. You are so indispensible for us, Angus. You know we're neer going to let you work anywhere else."

"You know I don't have any intention of even thinking about that, right?" he laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Cassidy walked in and smiled " ow Games night sounds good " she said and smiled as she looked at Kate and Angus as she walked in " I just came to see if you need any help" she asked she heard Angus say about a surprise for the boys and smiled " john and Andrew will love that " she said But on hearing the kids she sighed " a mothers work is never done, ow good to hear Robert is feeling better " she said and moved to the nursery to tend to the kids .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Kate and Angus managed to feed the kids and Kate managed to eat too. Angus turned the cleanup over to the kitchen staff and then he and Kate took the kids to the playroom and spent time playing with them all, with the help of some of the nursery staff to help supervise. When it got to be bedtime, They changed them for bed and gave them warm cider to drink before they went to sleep. Kate read them a story, and it soothed them to sleep almost instantly. Once the kids were all safely in their beds, Kate and Angus went back downstairs and found Andrew and John, looking especially bored.

Angus went over to them and said to them so no one else could hear, "Come with me. Shhh." When the boys got up and followed, he took them downstairs and opened what looked like a closet door just down the hallway past the gym. It opened to a hallway with doors on either side. He walked down to the end door and used a simple charm to unlock the door, and then he flicked on the lights. It was a private bowling alley with 2 lanes.

"Does that interest you?" Angus asked.

"Yeah!" Andrew said. "Cool! Are there balls and shoes?"

"Yep. Over to the left against the wall. One rack of shoes, and one rack of balls. Help yourselves. Just clean up after yourselves when you're done, Alright?" Andrew nodded and headed right over to the shoes while Angus turned on the power to the lanes and the scoreboards and scoring desks. "I think you're set. This is our secret for tonight, alright? You're the first ones to use it. Enjoy. Come on, Kate. Let's go get those board games."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top