Marriage is Murder - Page 73
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 73 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 73 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:19 am

Angus was very sleepy. He was used to being in bed hours before this. "Sure," he yawned. He flicked his wand and two plates flew out of the fridge. Angus flicked a warming spell at the plates and dozed back off tiredly.

"If its not warm enough, I'm sure Jess can wave her wand over those plates again," Robert said, preoccupied. "Our chef is used to being in a sound sleep during this time period. He's used to getting up a couple hours from now. He's wiped out, I think. I may have to put this aside soon for a bit myself." He didn't mention that Kate had been reporting some very slight restlessness from Khaat even under his sleep spell. He was debating on releasing her from it if it didnt stop. His guess was that there were enough nightmares that it caused him concern. If the spell would not let her wake, the nightmares would be impossible for her to escape and would only deepen her trauma. He wouldn't let it continue much longer.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:30 am

Jess nodded " of course, I agree it makes more sense Robert, " she smiled and moved to Angus " go to bed Angus, I have it now" she said softly and moved to the food. Making it nice and hot for them dishing it up she sat down with Jack as she fed Catlin her bottle once fini8sh she moved back to the bed room and changed the small girl placing her in her crib so she could sit with the men while they ate. she pored three glasses of fire whiskey and handed Jack and Brian a glass " it will help you sleep Brian" she said and saw the look Jack gave her " you too " she said downing her own glass.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 am

Angus nodded, far more asleep than awake, and he went back to sleep on the sofa, this time in a sound sleep. Brian was more than agreeable to eating and drinking a glass of firewhiskey. "Thanks, Jess," he said, starting to realize he was tired and he hurt.

"Jess, add some pain potion to his next glass. My guess is he'll be sound asleep like Angus after that...."

"Robert," Kate called quietly, coming into the room. "You need to wake her up. Don't make her do this anymore."

"Its getting worse?" Robert asked.

"Considerably."

"Alright then. I'll wake her up at least to try to convince her she's safe." He got up and excused himself. Brian was not about to be left behind. He followed. Khaat was really struggling against the nighmares the spell caught her in. Brian sat down on the bed beside her, and Robert went to the other side and cast the spell to wake her. She woke with a start, sitting up sharply. Brian went to lay his good hand on her shoulder and she automatically swung against him, which he dodged easily. Robert knelt on the floor and called to her very softly.

Khaat heard his voice and she looked at him. It took her a long moment to figure out who it was. Her brain, for some reason, kept telling her it was Remus come to take her away. "Look at me," the voice repeated softly. "Focus. You're alright. It's just a sleep spell. You're safe now." It took hearing it a couple times while the deep sleep spell wore off. Then she saw it was her father. She looked around, confused, not sure where she was.

"You're alright. You're home with me," he said. She wasn't entirely sure she was awake. Robert understood perfectly where her mind was. As deeply as he had sedated her, he knew it would take a few minutes for it to wear off. It was normal. She looked at her clothes and found it was merely her nightgown. Had it all been a dream? She didn't know. She went to get up and he stood up slowly and reached for her hand. "Let me help," he said softly. "I'll explain in a few minutes when the spell completely wears off. Let me help til you get your bearings." She took his hand and he helped her to her feet slowly. She took a couple of tentative steps and then let go of his hand and went into the bathroom and closed the door.

"Brian, I'll stay. Go get her something to drink please. She's going to realize she's desperately thirsty very shortly now," Robert said. "She might not be hungry for a couple hours yet, but she will be thirsty." Brian got up and headed for the kitchen.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Jack sat eating thankful for the food that now made him sleepy . Jess heard Robert and nodded making a second cup but with pain potion in for him " Brian drink this " she said and watched what was happening she wanted to go with Khaat when she went into the bathroom " do you think is safe for her to be in there alone?" she asked Robert worried, she felt Jack behind her slip his arms around her waist.

"Leave it to Brian and Robert they know what to do." He said and smiled at Robert knowing from what he had seen he was more than capable of sorting it, jack had a new respect for Robert one of admiration for how skilled he was Jess was a mere beginner compared to Robert's years of experience. Jess looked up at Jack and nodded.

"Your right , but Brian needs his pain potion , adrenalin is not enough" she said looking over at Brian and was relived to see him drinking it and rested on him gently.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:47 pm

"Jess is right, Brian," Robert said. "You know I won't leave her. Get some rest. She'll need you more in the morning." Brian sat down, reluctantly, in a wing chair in the bedroom. He drank the potion laced firewhiskey quickly. The pain potion mixed powerfully with the firewhiskey and sent him into a sound sleep within seconds. Robert looked at Brian who was already in a deep sleep. "We'll just let him sleep," Robert said, covering Brian with a blanket to ward off the night air. Robert could hear the water running in the bathroom sink. To him, it meant she was washing up a bit.

Khaat meanwhile had found countless bruises and healing cuts and scrapes. Especially on her hands. It had been real. It hadn't just been a dream. She had been buried alive and left to die. She didn't have a clue on how she had gotten back home. She had wracked her brain to try to remember, but that information just didn't appear to be there. She took the time to brush her tangled hair and to try to make herself look a bit less like a victim.

When she came out, Robert went over to her. She was looking at the floor. He softly lifted her face to look at him. "You remember, don't you?" She merely pulled away from him. "Khaat, you have nothing to be ashamed of." He picked up the juice glass Brian had gotten before he'd had his second glass of firewhiskey. "Here. Its just juice. No potions, I swear. I know you're thirsty." She only hesitated for a couple of seconds, but then she took the glass and drank. He deliberately paced her so it didn't make her sick. Kate brought a scone in, left from breakfast the previous morning. She put the scone in Khaat's battered hands.

"Eat," she told Khaat. "It will help." Khaat took the sugar glazed cinnamon scone and just ate it, no jam, just dry scone and juice. She hadn't realized she was hungry until her mother brought the scone to her.

"Alright," Robert said. "We're not ready for breakfast yet. Not for a couple of hours. How about you rest awhile now and then we can get you up for breakfast if you want?" He tucked her back in bed. He touched her forehead, casting a sleep spell that was geared to prohibit nightmares. She fell back into a deep sleep instantly.

"Well?" Kate asked.

"All things considered, she's doing very, very well," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Jess watched Brian and caught the glass before it fell to the floor smiling she took Jacks hand and moved out of the bedroom " we'll still be up if you need us " she said and moved to the kitchen placing the glass in the sink she began to clean up a little not that it needed it she prepared breakfast things ready just to place on the go when every one was ready then she baked some scones and left them to cool before moving to cover Angus with a blanket as he slept on the couch.

" he does have a room why he chose to sleep there is beyond me " said Jack softly so not to wake him. He moved behind Jess and held her lightly kissing her neck as he felt her relax in his arms.

" its good to have you home , its good that every one's back " she said softly as she ran her hands up his arms and back down smiling at him.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Robert came out of the bedroom just in time to hear Jack's comment about Angus. "It was because Angus was just too damned tired to get up and he was comfortable where he was. Actually, when things like that happen, I take it as a compliment that whoever manages to feel comfortable enough to do that feels at home. Seeing someone sack for a few hours, wherever it is, is rarely ever an issue for me.

"Jess, if you're taking on breakfast duties, do you want Kate to help you? I thinnk she woul enjoy having something to do to take her mind off Khaat. Hopefully the kids will all sleep awhile longer. For the moment, I really am starting to feel like there arent' enough of us to go around for all these kids," he laughed. "I'm not complaining. I love having them around. I just am starting to feel that perhaps we need to pull some of these big tough American aurors we have here tonight and let them each bathe, dress and feed a kid."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Jack looked at Robert and sighed " I didn't mean any disrespect by what I said, it is good that he can sleep any where, I can't do that that's all. " he said and Jess chuckled.

"That's for sure and yes I am, I would appreciate her help I forgot just how much preparation there was even with magic, I thought he could use the extra sleep, as for the Americans they would probably not know one end of a baby from the other " she said jack looked at her " ow apart from Steven of course though I think of him more English now that Texan" Jack chuckled
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:47 pm

"Hey," Robert's friend frowned, coming in from outside. "I'll have you know I have four of my own. Americans have figured out how to reproduce without help from the British, thank you very much. I have several fathere here tonight that would be honored to step in and help. So we don't have to keep saying 'Hey, You,' lets do a couple introductions. I'm Lee. Lee Tanner. I'm a relatively new friend of Robert's--when he took over the Ministry, but it doesn't mean he and I aren't devoted friends. Robert is an easy man to like."

"Says who?" Robert laughed. "You're ruining my reputation for being utterly heartless and ruthless." Lee laughed.

"You blew that a long time ago. I'd say you'd better not bet your life on that reputation because it wont hold water, my friend," Lee said. Robert laughed. Lee looked over the paperwork Robert had laid aside "What're you working on?"

"Decoding runes," he sighed. "Boring business."

"Those arent runes," Lee frowned. "Its alchemic language."

"You know this stuff?" Robert asked.

"Duh. You forgot. I specialize in Alchemy," Lee said, picking up the french alchemy book.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Jack nodded to lee as he spoke and chuckled at Jess's face her cheeks were red with embarrassment. Jess looked at the man who walked in " ow I apologize for what I said and well, if you could, we'd appreciate it I have breakfast to finish Jacks almost dead on his feet and I know Brian's out for the count " she said watching Lee pick up the book. Jack chuckled and held her close to him.

" go cook, I'm starved" he whispered to her feeling her turn in his arms to face him he looked down and saw her smiling up at him.

" your always hungry" she said and looked at Lee " I hope you and your men are hungry breakfast will be in a few hours but there will be plenty of it" she said smiling to him.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top