Marriage is Murder - Page 67
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 67 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 67 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 am

Upstairs, Khaat had changed into jeans, her boots, and shirt that was white with a light blue plaid. It was thin cotton. She had deliberately worn her boots so she could tuck Remus's wand into the boot with her. Her usual wand was drawn and she was pacing, looking out the windows, watching and waiting.

"Khaat Karina," her father sighed. "Get that cup of tea I made you on the kitchen counter and drink it. Its seers tea with some added energy potion. If you're going to fight, you're going to need help. Stop that infernal pacing and drink that tea. Do something useful."

"I've got it for now," Brian told her very gently. "We're alright for the moment. Do as he says." She went to the counter, noticing the lasagna in ove and the garlic bread wrapped in foil ready to be put into the oven. Just moments before, apparently life was going on as usual. And now no one was thinking of food. She picked up the tea mug and began to drink the tea. She could feel the energy potion boosting her energies, coarsing through her system. It did help. Greatly. So much so that she took the energy potions bottle out and added another dose of it to her cup. It made her feel human again, and a bit too wound up now.

When she came back from the kitchen, her father walked over to her, lifted her face with his finger and looked into her eyes. "Oh wonderful," he laughed. "Now we have a seer with a double strength dose of seers tea and a double dose of energy potion. I hope you hadn't planned on sleeping tonight, Brian. She's liable to take you jogging."

"I have a wand," Brian said dryly. "I can remder her unconscious so I can sleep."

"It might well take that," he said, laughing. "Sit down and stop pacing, Khaat. You're making me nuts." Khaat reluctantly obeyed. She forced herself to try to use her energies to see anything she could find to help them. Then she saw a catacombs beneath a large stone house, like a chalet or a castle. She saw men walking through narrow corridors by the light of flaming torches. The catacombs were like a maze but in a center room, an intersection between at least 3 different hallways, there was a large round room. In the dead center of the room was a pensieve that was glowing an eerie blue color. Beside it stood a tall thin almost skeletal woman with scraggily white hair and rather ugly gnarled features to her face, The pupils of her eyes were a creepy icy blue-ish white. Her skin had a deathly ashen gray cast to it. She wore a floorlength black gown with a hood that was pulled up over her hair. Khaat noticed her bony hands with a hideous large oval ring on one finger. The stone in the ring was a blackish red and gave her a strong discomfort. She looked at the pensieve. It was black marble, on a black marble pedistal, and there were long ugly evil looking snakes curling around the rim. The water inside was what was providing the eerie glowing blue light. Khaat watched as the woman pulled a glass test tube out of her pocket and removed the cork and withdrew some long hairs from the tube. She dropped the hairs into the pensieve and waved her hand over the water to stir it. Khaat looked into the water and listened to the incantation. Then she saw the evil woman looking straight at her. She saw her own face in the pensieve. She was looking at her own face, as the woman looked straight at her, into her eyes, and then the woman began to cackle with delight. It registered with her. They had some of her hairs from when Gelding had taken her, and they had used them to find her--to focus in on her. And she was watching herself, through the evil witch's pensieve, seeing herself sitting on the sofa in the safehouse. She could see everything. Down to how many diamonds were in her earrings and how many light blue stripes were in her thin shirt and how many holes were in the buttons on her shirt. She heard the woman begin to weave some sort of spell.

"Khaat!" Her father was tapping her cheek, and not very gently either. "Khaat, you come back here this instant!"

"Its my fault!" she shrieked at him, snapping out of it and looking up into his face. "Its all my fault! I led them here, right to us! They're coming! They're using me to port here to all of you! There are so many...."

"Khaat, stop," he said to her calmly. He sat with her. "You didnt lead them anywhere. They've been here before...."

"Not in your house, I haven't," said a deep, strong evil voice from behind Jack and Steven. "She's right. She led me right in past your protection spells. Robert whirled to see a dark cloaked man behind Jack and Steven, his wand drawn, and a whole line full of dark wizards apparating in behind him. They were being outnumbered before they got started. "The first person who moves, dies. It is quite simple." Robert felt like they were being held hostage already. With any luck, one of the women downstairs would know and would use their medallion to command more help. Kate was wearing Robert's medallion. For some reason that he didn't understand himself, he had exchanged medallions with her right before he sent he downstairs. If she used hers it would command not just the organization, but his American friends as well. But even if Jess or Cassidy used theirs it would at least start to even the odds and give them a fighting chance.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 am

Cassidy moved to stand with the children as a cold shiver passed over her she looked at Kate , Jess's face was ashen as she spoke softly " there here I can feel the fear " she said and turned her medallion quickly praying more men would arrive and help the men and Khaat upstairs " I can feel Khaat's fear, he has men with him, I hope to god ours get there and fast, his energy's is really dark. " she said unable to do any more for fear he would sense her and give away there position. Cassidy moved to Fallon grabbing a carrier she slipped her into it holding her against her chest while she stood next to James and Jaylen." if he wants a fight hes got one in me" she said her wand drawn in defiance. Jess walked over to Catlin and her brother and placed both of them on a stroller Andrew held her tight " its going to be alright " she said looking at him "I want daddy" he said sobbing slightly Jess held him " he'll be here soon" she hoped her words were true.

Jack and Steven spun on a dime their wands draw in a split second as the man spoke behind them the stepped back together to in front of Brian and Khaat protecting them. Jack readied for a fight his muscles tensed his eyes flashed yellow though he hated to use his wear ability's he right now thought they were the best as they could not be taken from him He glanced at Steven seeing his wand out and his eyes fixed on the man in front of him Jack scanned the room watching the other men none moved for them... yet he knew at one word they could and most likely would attack them.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Kate had felt Khaat's absolute panic, and she felt Robert's steadiness. Robert was not shaken. Khaat was a completely different matter. From what Kate could discern, Khaat felt like it was already all over. That only said one thing to Kate. They were somehow outmatched. Kate took the cue from Khaats panic and the dark energy that had fallen over the house. She used Robert's medallion and signalled for help.

Within seconds, wizards began apparating straight into the safehouse after getting, presumably, Robert's SOS. He rarely ever sent for backup. So his staff and friends just dropped what they were doing and portkeyed in. Including Michael. He returned, ready for war. He was joined by more faced than he had even seen at the battle of Hogwarts.

"Leave," Robert ordered fiercely. "You cannot win."

"Oh yes I can," the dark figure laughed. He apparated over to Khaat, grabbed hold of her and instantly apparated straight out.

"Khaat!" Brian tried to grab hold of her but he grabbled nothing but air. "Damnit! Robert, they have her!"

Robert didn't say a word. He was only thinking of what little she had shared with him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Jess felt the panic and looked at Kate " they have Khaat " she said as she sat down at a desk her face showing the tel tale signs. Cassidy looked at Jess and felt her stomach turn at what Brian would be going threw " this is it three times that bastard has taken her and no more " she said and slammed her fist on the table in front of her " I want to be part of the rescue party I'm not sitting here while my friend is having god knows what done to her again " she said and looked at Jess worried.

Steven and jack couldn't move fast enough but steven tumbled into a table a gash appeared on his forehead and Jack just missed the man his hand feeling the sold air as it passed threw him as he aperated away with Khaat " god damn it " he cursed and turned back to the man " give her back " he said his voice low and gravely as if he was not able to control his wear side his hair turned gray and his eyes became yellow with the anger he felt.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 pm

"You can go all werewolf if you choose to, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't have her," the dark wizard's second said. "If I were you, I'd merely forget about her. You wont' get her back. Ever. Let's go. It seems Mr. Lupin is scheduled for some personal suffering time." He motioned to his lackies and they all portkeyed out in wisps of black smoke.

"Robert," the director for the American Department of Magic said, laying his hand on Robert's shoulder. "We'll find her. Don't start grieving yet."

"Do I look like I'm grieving?" Robert hissed, infuriated. "Yes, indeed, we will get her back. I need seers. As soon as I can get them. Jack, go get the women and children from downstairs. I need the help of all those women. We have work to do."

"We have a whole network of seers at your disposal," the American said. "I'll summon them now for you. The fighters stay until we know our next move."

"Our next move is to use the seers to see where they took her," Robert ordered.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:52 pm

Steven stood up and moved to the Kitchen and grabbed a cloth , Jack did his best to calm down but part of his hair stayed gray he waved his hand and stepped threw the wall to the basement he walked quietly over to Kate " Robert needs you and Jess now " he said Jess walked over and ran her fingers over his head she was glad he was alright and some what liking the gray streak on his head left by his partial transformation. It was then she smiled kissed his cheek and moved to the top of the stairs she paused feeling the residual energy " god he was an evil man " she said Cassidy stormed past her and out to the main living room " I'm helping " she said to Robert as she looked around she frown " wheres Steven?" she asked .

" I'm right here just had a small bump " he said now with a plaster on his cut thanks to Angus Cassidy ran over and held him tight " hay I'm find its just a small cut" he said smiling.

Jess shook her head " Cassidy, you can't, you have your children to think of. " she said " let Steven deal with it " she said sitting down next to Jack on the couch her eyes looking at Kate knowing that Cassidy would do anything to help find Khaat but Jess had to remind her that was fine but she had Fallon to think of. Jess sat back feeling tired all of a sudden jack looked at her then at Kate worried.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:07 am

"Bring your seers--now," Robert told his American collegue. "It seems my seers are all expended with the exception of my wife."

"Kate, you shouldn't have to hunt for your daughter," The American director said.

"And just what else do you think I should do as her mother?" Kate retorted angrily. "I'll be back. I'm going to see what I can find out. Jess and Cassidy, I'll leave you to tend to the children since you cannot use your powers. Robert, if I get anything I'll let you know." She stormed to her room.

Meanwhile, Khaat was plunged into sudden darkness. Unconsciousness. When she woke, all she saw at first was complete darkness. Darkness like she'd never known. And as her eyes adjusted, she saw just the tiniest sliver of light. The air was dank and stale, and it stunk. And there was, by far, not enough of it. She was struggling for every little breath she got. She tried to get her bearings and realized she was laid somewhere. She was boxed in, in a tiny space. She could barely move. There was solid stone underneath her, solid stone just a few inches to her left and a few inches to her right. She tried to sit up and immediately hit her head, hard, on more stone. She couldnt' sit up, couldn't bend her knees, couldn't turn over, could barely move her fingers at all. It dawned on her. She was in some sort of a box. She tried to scream, and it echoed for what seemed like forever. She tried her magic and realized it was bound. She didn't have her magic to use it to escape. She was trapped. She tried hard not to panic but all too quickly she began to realize that the sliver of light had been done deliberately in order to supply her just enough air to not die immediately. She was meant to either go insane, or starve to death slowly, or both. She didn't want the mental shut down to come back to kick in and haunt her, but she knew it was only a mere matter of time. She couldn't stave it away forever. She felt deep heartbreak at realizing this was how it was going to end. And then she realized where she was--she was in a crypt. The very thing she had seen in her nightmare. She was in a stone crypt, most likely in a mausoleum or a catacombs someplace where nobody was ever going to find her. And then the madness seemed to be knocking harder to get access into her brain.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:35 am

Jess looked at Robert and stood up to face him " I not expended it took me some time to block the negativity in the room. " she said and moved to Cassidy " stay with the children " she said seeing her look at being ordered by Robert out of the fight. Jess moved to Kate and faced her " I'm ready Kate" she said looking at Robert and the other men including Jack who nodded Steven moved to Cassidy holding her close.

" its ok we'll bring her back" he said " then we can continue our planning " he smiled seeing her smile up at him with one last hug she moved to the bed room and changed Catlin and James both were grizzly till she changed them then they fell into a peaceful sleep.

Jess hoped together they could find her she was ready to fight even though she was a healer and could not do any harm inside she was still the fighter she had been in the beginning all those years ago. Reaching back she tied back her hair ready for the work that was to come in finding Khaat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Kate went to their room and got out an attache case that was fitted with all of her divination equipment, each item in a reduced size. She got out what she needed and restored it to its original size. She got out Khaat's baby bracelet, the one Khaat had worn as an infant, and she used the little pearl bracelet as a focus object--a way to link her to her daughter more strongly. She settled back into a chair in the bedroom and closed her eyes, concentrating on trying to link her mind with Khaat's.

She saw absolutely nothing. And when it was all she continued to see, she became frustrated, feeling like she had been a failure...until--she realized she could smell. Black, stagnant brackish waters. The smell was indelible in her mind. She had experienced this smell before--if she could just remember where it was. She realized she was not seeing anything because Khaat wasn't seeing anything. It started to become very difficult for her to breathe. She felt herself struggling for air, as if she were slowly suffocating. It alarmed her. She worried if Khaat was being killed, being suffocated, maybe drowning....

And then she remembered. The moors. She had smelled this nasty stinking odor when she and Robert had been on their honeymoon and had toured some of the swampy moors in Scotland. She began to feel Khaat's mind starting to cave. Wherever she was, she was still alive, but it was already so torturous that Khaat was not able to emotionally cope. And she knew her daughter. Khaat was immensely strong. Whatever this was, it was purely inhumane. And they were working against time.

She began to see an image of Remus. Remus? What? She was confused. And then she realized what it was. It was Khaat, desperate to try to link her mind with anyone's. She could feel a great block in place keeping Khaat from connecting. Kate guessed her magic had been blocked. Then she saw Khaat was worried about her boot. Her boot?

"Robert," she called. He came quickily. Kate explained what she knew. Robert connected the dots quickily.

"Khaat was prepared for a fight," he said to Kate. "When she gears up, she always takes two wands. Her own and Remus's. She clearly doesn't have her own wand right now, and she is terrified that when they took her they took Remus's wand as well. Khaat would rather die than to lose his wand. I wish to God I had a way to reassure her that I will do my best to turn over heaven and earth and get his wand back for her. With her magic blocked, she evidently cannot accio any wand to her. So--we start searching somehow in the moors of Scotland. That gives us a direction. We need to somehow zero in a bit closer. That is a huge area to search. We need more."

"I'll keep trying," Kate said, going back to work. Robert went out into the living room and briefed them on what little Kate had discovered. It wasn't much, but it was something.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Jess looked at Cassidy then at Kate " what if Cassidy projected to where Khaat was then she could move around giving us more information she would be able to tell Khaat to stay strong " she said and stood up walking to Cassidy who nodded and looked at Kate.

" I'll do it " she looked at Steven " stay close " she said to him and sat down in a chair she saw the shawl Khaat used all the time she jumped a little when other seers arrived all busying around them " Hay quiet !!" she said and held the shawl close to her. Taking a deep breath she found her self floating then she was being pulled towards England.

Jess took out a map of the world and accioed a crystal she to was a little annoyed at the noise around her but she blocked it touching Cassidys hand she held up the crystal over the map it went to England " ok she's in England " she said and turned to the English page again she held it up but this time it spun , Jess knew Cassidy wasn't at the location yet and looked at Robert " give it time its along way for her to go" she said softly.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top