Marriage is Murder - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 7 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 7 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 am

Brian rattled off the address in France for Gelding's primary estate and base of operations, just outside Paris. They'd been there before, but it had been at night and Brian had been responsible for doing the apparating. He told them how to penetrate Gelding's defense system and how to get in. It was relatively child's play compared to Robert's systems.

"I want you to get everything out of my personal safe in my quarters, Khaat," Robert told her. "You will know how to answer the questions the runes on the lock give you. Bring everything back here. I can't trust that I don't have to redo all the protective spells on every safe house the organization owns and that I own. Brian, make sure you re-secure all our financial assets. All of them. We dont' want to wake up broke."

"Hell, I'll just bankrupt Gelding again if I have to," Brian shrugged.

"Do NOT leave anything in Paris that we dont want to just hand to Gelding or that can't fight for itself," Robert said.

"Is it time to move our headquarters?" Brian asked.

"No," Robert said. "But do completely change the runes on the protection spells for every place we own. Owens will know how to do that. Remember, he specializes in old ancient languages. Get him on that. Tell him to pick something Gelding will never think of in a million years and then look for something even more remote than that."

"Will do," Brian said.

"Daddy," Khaat said. "What can I do?"

"Get them to get the bugs out of the safehouses and have them check all our houses--including Jacks and Stevens. Leave no stone unturned."

"What about our hiding place?"

"You and Brian go check it. Its alright to let him know. Make sure it hasn't been penetrated or bugged. Jack and Cassidy. Just simply drop Cooper off on the front doorstep, ring the bell and disapparate off the property. Gelding will know exactly who killed Cooper, although he might not fully know why. He knows how to contact Brian if he really wants to talk. I'm not worried about you waiting for a response. In fact, I don't want you to. Get out of there. If you can then help with the debugging or with any other task in the Paris office, go do that. Khaat and Brian neither one are able to put in a full days' work, so I want this done fast and clean. You have your medallions if you get into trouble. Use them if you need to. Any questions?"

"What did he have on us, Daddy?" Khaat asked.

"Everything," Robert sighed softly.

"Oh, God," her face paled. Brian braced an arm under her as she absorbed the shock.

"Don't worry," Brian said. "We're on it. It's going to be alright. Trust me." He kissed her forehead.

"Take jackets," Robert said. "Its supposed to thunderstorm in Paris for the next 48 hours. Some of the storms are supposed to be severe."

"We will," Brian assured him. "Let's go, All. Get your jackets and lets get this done."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:28 am

Steven sighed at the mention of his place he knew dust would have settled by now since he had not been back since Delilah had took off and left him with the children. He looked at Robert " he'd know if any one has been to mine I haven't exactly been back and I'm seriously considering selling the place " he said softly Cassidy touched his hand with her own seeing the hurt in his eyes.

Jack listened and took everything Robert and Brian said and picked up the body " come on Cassidy " he said looking at Steven he spoke to Cassidy again " stay close and if I say leave I mean leave no questions , got it?" he asked and saw her nod with a quick kiss to Steven she moved to Jacks side.

"Won't be long " he said and ported them away, leaving Steven stood looking at Robert waiting for his orders though he knew he was going to Paris with Brian he waited.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 am

Brian got jackets for him and Khaat to battle the rainstorms in Paris. "Alright," he said. He looked at her, knowing neither of them was entirely physically up to this, but Brian's responsibility was to Robert and to the organization he led and the safety of all the members who lived there. "Are you sure you need to go?" he asked her.

"Positive," She replied.

"Hang onto me. Don't let go," he said, wrapping a strong arm around her waist. "Okay, Steven. Let's go." He drew the portkey coin out of his pocket and ported the three of them to Paris to the doorstep of the headquarters again. He opened the door and walked in. Owens was doing his best to maintain order amongst the frightened men. They had not dealt with a mole in their midst.

"Gather the men outside. No words," Brian said. "No talking. Do it now. Steven, sweep the building and do it quickly." He said no words to Khaat but instead he motioned to her. He took her into her father's study. She opened his hiding places and found her father had already emptied them. She checked the desk and the cabinets. Then she went up to his quarters and took all the important things out of the hiding places and safes there and put them into a canvas messenger bag she found there. She left nothing of any importance.

Brian went outside with the men and explained the situation and told them that all the safehouses needed to be swept cleaned of transmitters and needed to have new protection spells with new runes in them. Owens promised to do that. Brian encouraged the men to also sweep their own homes and any other signficant contact location. He wanted finances for every other office around the world checked, as well as the finances for every man. He promised he and Robert would secure the organization's finances immediately. Feeling confident and having a direction, the men promised their loyalty and promised to follow Brian's direction to the letter. They went inside to pack to go disperse themselves around the world to secure their offices and their homes and their finances.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Steven slipped on his windbreaker and stetson that he'd not worn for a long time he thought now with him meaning business it fit the part . he ported with Brian and Khaat nodding when Brian ordered him to sweep the headquarters it took him not time at all to find one then another soon he had a bag full of bugs. Walking back down he placed them in front of Brian " every where clear now " he said " I double checked each room, I also found some micro cameras in the conference and war room " he dropped the remains on the table in front of Robert and folded his arms across his chest.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:42 pm

"Alright," Brian said. "I've dispatched everyone here out to the safehouses and the satellite offices to sweep out things there. Go destroy all the electronics, Steven. When Owens gets back, or when Jack and Cassidy get here, they can guard this place long enough for us to go sweep Robert's place, yours, mine, and a couple of hiding places. Jack and Cassidy can go sweep through the Tuscany place and Jack's place. I want every employee's house swept. You might have them go sweep your place in Tuscany while they're going. Khaat, have I forgotten anything?"

"St. Mungos," she said quietly.

"Indeed. Steven, I'm going to send you and Jack and Cassidy there to sweep it, and Robert will need to go along to change the protection spells on the medical records room."

"I can do that," Khaat said. "Daddy's spells are stronger, though."

"Let him do it," Brian insisted. "Can he get in and out without being seen?"

"If its been swept first," she said.

"Then we'll do it first so he can go secure those records. I am going to move all our financial accounts. I will need a bit of time to do that. We have wizarding and muggle accounts all over the world. I've already sent word to Fi and to Kieran to sweep the places there and to change the protection spell runes. I think that covers it--unless anybody can think of something I forgot."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Steven looked at Brian " my place won't be of any use to them I'm selling it " he said looking at Brian as Cassidy and Jack returned walking over to them.

"All done he wasn't happy from the words I heard as we left " Jack said looking at both Steven and Brian " ok now what, let me guess St Mongo's " he asked and watched Cassidy walk to hold Steven against her. " were on it " he said and motioned to Cassidy who kissed Steven and walked with Jack " ow I swept my place found a few bugs same with Stevens ranch " he said " but all is clean there now " he held Cassidys hand and aperated to the hospital. Steven looked at Brian " we'll that's that done " he said and folded his arms cross his chest .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:20 pm

"Alright," Brian said. "It looks like we're in better shape. Khaat, are you up to helping me on securing the finances?"

"Certainly," she said. Brian looked at Steven. "You and Angus stay here and guard the place. Khaat and I have a whole lot of banks to go to in a whale of a hurry. When Owens gets back, you and Angus go home so if Robert wants you to go with him, you can do that. He may want to simply slip in and out of St. Mungos by himself. If thats the case, then go guard the girls. We dont' know how Gelding is going to react to Roberts killing his nephew. Khaat and I are going to try to do a whirlwind trip to anchor everyone's bank accounts and we'll be home as soon as we can. Don't hold meals for us. I'll make sure we eat. You just take care of our families. Any questions?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Steven nodded and looked at Angus knowing it might be along day " we could sweep the place one last time and make absolutely sure this place is debugged " he asked Angus or we can leave it to Owens" he finished just as Owens came back and he smiled " well, all yours, might need to give it one more going over, but as far as I am concerned I got most of them " he looked at Angus and nodded " leave it to you now, now back to Robert and the kids" he said and ported back to the safe house and Robert feeling Angus port behind him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Angus made one last check with Owens and then ported home. Meanwhile, Khaat and Brian began porting all over the world, from one bank to another, anchoring all her accounts, her family's, their employees accounts, in every muggle or wizarding bank all over the world. It was obvious that Cooper had attempted to penetrate the accounts and had only had minimal success. It didn't take him long to get the money back and get the accounts secured. Brian siphoned off all of Cooper's accounts, knowing Gelding wouldn't say a syllable about it, and he didn't even care if Gelding did care.

They had been gone almost 36 hours longer than they figured the others were gone. But when they headed home, they figured that Robert had been already to St. Mungos. Brian and Khaat were hungry and exhausted. They had been so consumed with finding Cooper's damage, they hadn't slowed down or so much as stopped for a cup of coffee.

When they finally portkeyed back to their tropical safehouse, Khaat and Brian could smell the tropical sea air the moment they ported in. It was night time. They glanced at the clock. It was 11:15 at night. It had been a long, exhausting haul. They simply went over to the sofa and sat down. They didn't see anyone in sight and wondered if perhaps everyone had gone to bed. But since there was no sign of trouble, they didn't believe that there was a problem.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Steven walked back in with Cassidy beside him " I told you I could ride that wave " he said dripping with water and grinning like a Cheshire cat " ow hay Khaat Brian all done I take it , just been showing Cassidy how to surf , all babies are asleep they were god as gold" her said just as Andrew ran back past them laughing with Jack running after him.

" ok I'm gonna get you this time, it past your bed time you little tormenter" he said and laughed as he picked Andrew up and spun him in his arms " say night to brain and Khaat " he said and Andrew waved still smiling and hugging a rather large conch shell. Jess walked in chuckling to her self a towel placed over her shoulder as she too dried her hair.

" hi everything ok?" she asked and sat down accioing a tray of coffee cups and a pot poring three cups she sent one over to Khaat and one over to Brian , taking one for her self as Jack put a tired Andrew to bed.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top