Feminine Fire - Page 64
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Feminine Fire - Page 64 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Feminine Fire

Page 64 of 73 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feminine Fire - Page 64 Empty Re: Feminine Fire

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 pm

"No one is putting anyone in Azkaban without Khaat knowing about it, first of all," Robert said calmly, sitting down. "And if Khaat knew about a trial coming up right now, she'd have told me--for very obvious reasons. And we don't just toss people in Azkaban without a trial. It doesn't happen. However--your point is that Clayton Stevens is a drunken arse who made you promises he didn't keep. I'm sorry that happened to you. Really. And, no, you don't need his signature to divorce him. Either Khaat or I can sign that. And I do understand your feelings. Khaat and I have talked about the same thing about her children and Rob. Its not something we want. Its a simple matter of a form. I'll work on it and when I have it ready, you can sign it. I'll try to do it today. I plan on going on a leave of absence when Khaat's babies are born. She's going to need my help. I want to get your form done before then.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Cassidy looked up at him and nodded she had chosen right to talk to him and nodded when he mentioned any trial would have to be cleared through Khaat or himself. " I understand and thank you so much.. Angus said I could have my job back if I wanted, I would like that very much " she said " I know I would be on light duty's and accept it, I miss helping Angus cook and learning new recipes too" she looked at him sheepish again " one last thing... may I be permitted to stay here, I...I don't think I could go back to that flat, if its possible I want it sold and the money put in a trust for Abigail " she said now feeling calmer both in her mind and her body.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:37 pm

"Well, we can divest your financial interests from your flat," Robert said. "But if Stevens chooses to keep it, then let him have it. You don't need it. That's what family is for. Don't worry about it. You know I pay well. Stop worrying about that right now. Its not important. You can stay, and you can have your job back. But Brian has already decided upon your duties last night. You always knew you could come back--its why you came back instead of wandering. Besides, between you and me, Khaat is going to have some very difficult times ahead. Physically and emotionally. She's going to need a lot of support in the days to come. I have deliberatly kept her in the dark on many, many things because of her fragile health. But she's going to need all her friends around her because...well, its not going to be pretty for her. All I'm going to ask each of you is to not let her blame herself or lose hope. I will do the rest. I promise. Is that a deal?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Cassidy looked at him and nodded that she agreed " I agree, if he wants it he can have it there's nothing there for me " she said and smiled. She sat back in the chair as she listened further to Robert she was now worried for Khaat " she won't get that far I'm sure Steven, Jess and jack have said this already" she said softly she tensed for a moment as she felt a strong kick and then let out a deep breath " sorry she's a kicker, a hard one" she said and rubbed the spot where she had been kicked. Cassidy heard him say to leave it with him and nodded " I will be happier once its all over, hopefully before Abigale comes and thank you Robert , Sir " she felt he was right she had come back instead of wandering because she knew she would be accepted and and not judged.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:25 pm

"You're welcome," he said to her. He knew most people didn't understand where his life would be going soon, but he was concerned for his family. He knew they didn't know he was planning on surviving. That he was calculating every single movement, as precisely as he knew how. That he'd spent countless sleepless nights planning, thinking, redesigning, putting in place everything he could think of to shelter his wife, his daughter, his grandchildren, his friends. He wanted them safe. It was some of the heaviest pressure he'd ever lived through, and he knew more was coming.

"Brian is a gentle supervisor," Robert smiled. "Youl'll be fine with him. And, as for the timing of all of this? I don't think it will hold til November. I think we'll either be over it or well into it. One or the other. But I'm going to be telling all of you that I"m doing all I can to shelter everyone I care about. I"m just asking you all to trust me, no matter what the devil it looks like. You all know sometimes I work in unusual ways on purpose. This is one of those times. Just trust--no matter what you see. If you can all do that, it'll all work out, at least for us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Cassidy nodded " well know that I trust you with my life" she said and sighed when he said it will take longer than November when all would be sorted . But she really just wanted it over and quickly. Cassidy felt from how he was speaking that it was going to be a rough time for them all and she nodded " don't worry I will stand with you and I know the others will to , if they can forgive me for disappearing like I did with Clayton" she said " but I promise it will never happen again, I...I am off me for a long time" saying those words she felt better but she thought back to Steven and how they had almost been together.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:08 pm

"Alright," he said to her. "Then lets go tell the others." He stood up and reached out a hand to help her up. Once she was to her feet, he walked out and back to the living room. He was pleased to see that Khaat had fallen into a deep sleep. He was deeply relieved. He laid his hand on her forehead and her stomach just to double check.

"Staff meeting. Patio. Now," he said quietly. "Let her sleep. Don't wake her up." Brian stood up immediately and so did Angus, snapping into duty at the sound of his command. Angus scooped up Dakota and looked at Fiona.

"Bring snacks and toys, Fi," Angus said gently. "We'll get the girls." Brian picked up Abbey and he and Angus went out to the patio. Robert went out and used his wand to make the chairs form into a circle. He sat so that he could see if Khaat even made the slightest movement. He just waited for the rest of them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Cassidy was happy to accept his hand as she stood up and followed him back out. She saw jack and Jess and jumped as Steven walked up behind her. " hey quit that" she said and heard him chuckle she smiled relaxing as they walked out onto the patio she chose to rest against the low fence than sit down.

Steven saw Cassidy return from the office and saw her relaxed for once , moving behind her he saw her jump slightly and chuckled as she lightly scolded him for making her jump. " wasn't sneaking " he said and moved with her out side he saw a comfortable chair and Cassidy stood against the fence " Cassidy sit " he said " you need to keep off your feet " he said and before she could argue he sat her down and she pulled a face. "none of that " he said and sat on the arm of the chair next to her.

Cassidy was about to say she was fine when he made her sit and she poked out her tongue at him but she was glad to be off her feet. She was however surprised when he sat on the arm next to her, she was glad of him being there as she she felt he was being a big brother to her.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:06 pm

"I need to talk very seriously with you," Robert told them. "This conversation does not leave here under any circumstances. Is that very, very clear?" He waited and watched the heads nod in agreement. "We have a new and serious threat in our world. You all remember from your wizarding history Gellert Grindlewald as a powerful Dark Wizard. It seems that one of the Death Eaters found a horcrux, activated it, and brought that bastard back. If you've read the papers, he's clearly after control of our world. This is not going to be pretty. And I fully expect that he will not be happy until he attempts to take over the ministry or thinks he's managed it. That puts me directly as the primary obstacle between him and what he wants.

"So--don't think I am not aware of all the risks here. Don't think I'm going into this blindly. I will not throw myself at him unless I have to, and I won't ever throw any of you that way. Ever. However, here's the bottom line. There is far more that I cannot tell you that there are things that I can tell you. Its the only way I can protect our world. And for me, whats of primary importance is protecting you all--every one of you, and my daughter and my grandchildren.

"There will be things that are going to probably have to happen that will look much worse than they are. I'm telling you this because I need you to trust me. I mean really trust me, like you never have before. All our lives may well depend on it."

"I can't just do nothing, Robert," Brian said. "How can I help?"

"I'm counting on you to keep the organization in tact. Protect what we do--the saving of wizarding children. I'm counting on you to keep Khaat together. She has less information than you do--and thats on purpose to protect her and her babies. If things fall the way I plan, she's going to come apart at some point. Brian, I"m counting on you--be there for her. Stop the panic before it sets in. Kate will always, always know where I am. Always. I might not be able to tell you all, but she'll know.

"Brian, I've established for you all--not for the organization--for my family--a network of secret safehouses all over the world. Use them if you have to." He handed Brian a keychain with a number of unusual antique keys on them. "Each of those is a portkey to a safehouse. Each safehouse has access to all sorts of new identity information if you need it, along with financial resources. You will be able to protect yourselves. They are completely equipped and totally unplottable. Kate has an identical keychain. Brian, you're my second. You always have been. You're in charge of knowing when to move to hiding if it comes. You're in charge of keeping my family alive and safe."

"You know I will."

"The rest of you--guard my family. If they want to come after me, they will be looking for Khaat or my wife or my grandchildren to bait me with. Don't let them use them as leverage against me. Ever. Make sure they want for nothing. And, for God's sakes, don't ever let Khaat believe for even a fraction of a second that this is her fault. She may well be accused of it. I don't have a choice but to put her in that position to look like it. Don't ever let her think I did this by accident or that I don't love her. I am, for all purposes, going to use her as a shield--to keep me alive so that I can try to protect our world. No matter how it looks to the public, she is not the cause. She's my alibi. She's my protection. She is my primary protection.

"And, no matter what you hear, no matter what you see, trust Michael and Thaor. I trust them with my life. They are your allies--and my primary operatives this time. You will be seeing a lot of odd things. Know that there are very good reasons for it. And the less I tell you, the safer you are."

He sighed quietly. "I don't mean this to be frightening. I mean this to be reassuring. Truly I do. Ask your questions. If I can answer them, I will. If I can't, I'll just tell you I can't."

"Are you going to be alright?" Kate asked Robert very softly. He turned to her, nothing but love for her in his face, and caressed her cheek and then kissed her hand.

"Yes, my love. If all goes well, yes. I want to watch my grandchildren grow up and get married and I want to see my great grandchildren if I can. I'm in no hurry to leave this world. Most likely at some point, I"m going to have to come hide with you. And it may be sooner than we all think. And I know that if I asked Khaat if I could use her as an alibi for me,...."

"It would be a no-brainer," Kate smiled. "She'll be alright with it when she understands. You know she will. It'll be a bit tough till she understands, but we'll manage."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Cassidy sat and listened she was worried for him but knew she had faith in Robert and knew what ever was happening to Robert was ten times worse than what she had gone through the last few days she finally realized her life was with these people and no where else. She glanced up at Steven who smiled back down at her and touched her hand gently.

Steven smiled at her and touched her hand " its ok we'll all pull with him " he said looking at her. He knew it was wrong but he felt like he wanted to go and do some damage to Clayton for what he'd done to cassidy.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 73 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum