Sand and Snow - Page 30
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 30 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 30 of 98 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 64 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 30 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:17 pm

For the first time, Khaat was glad that her father had gone. She had felt so close to him previously. She hadn't felt this distance ever since Remus died. She was starting to feel more and more alone. Brian joined her and sat with her.

"Arent you cold?" he asked her.

"No," she said. "I think I'm just really tired, for some reason."

"Khaat, you really are drastically underweight. No wonder you don't feel well. This was for you to rest. If you don't feel your best, why don't you go upstairs and get comfortable and read? It was a very long night last night."

"Brian, can I tell you something?"

"Anything. What is it?"

"I know it isn't good that I got so thin. If I catch anything, well, it might not be good. I want you to promise to be the one to raise the girls. Rob would raise them in far too weird a world. Please...."

"Don't you be saying goodbye. You're not going anywhere. You're just overly tired. Alright. Come with me." He got up and reached for her hand. She took it, and he led her back inside. "I'm taking Khaat upstairs. She's gotten truly overtired tonight. I think she needs to go to bed early. She needs a good nights sleep."

"I guess Brian's right," Khaat said. "I...I'm sorry I'm not much of a hostess...."

"You don't need to be," Angus said. "Go to bed. Get some sleep. Goodnight, Khaat. Sleep well."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Steven looked at Khaat and nodded "I agree with Angus, have a good sleep Khaat, im sure we'll find something to amuse ourselves" he said smiling at Cassidy.

"ow no, not on your life mister " she said and looked to Khaat " yeah you go sleep " she faced Steven "I'm having an early night my self... alone, before you get any ideas " she said and moved to the kitchen to make every one hot
coco.

Steven sat down chuckling to himself as he did , with a sigh he looked at Jack "was Jess this way?" he asked Jack laughed "she still is " he said earning him a slap on his thigh from Jess as Cassidy brought threw the coco for them "I am not , well maybe a little " she said and smiled.

several hours passed and they talked and joked soon Cassidy felt she needed to sleep and Steven thought it was a god idea that he too retire. He walked her to her room and stood for a moment "I had a good time Steven" she said caressing his cheek as she smiled at him " lets not spoil it tonight " she said leaning forward she kissed him then went into her room.

Steven stood after she had gone into her room and smiled"I wouldn't dream of it Cassie" he said softly and still smiling headed to his room passing Jess and jack along the way entering there room jack already lay on the bed Jess was about to close her door when she saw him " good move Steven , good things are worth waiting for , and she is good" she said night and closed the door. Steven moved to his room and lay on his bed after he'd removed his shirt and boots once more he fell asleep.

Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Khaat had slept for hours and hours. In fact, when she woke, she saw she had slept well past breakfast and halfway to lunch, despite going to bed so early. Brian was going to be worried, she knew. She got up and showered and dressed.

She was just butttoning her shirt when Brian came in to check on her. He came in and kissed her softly. "Feeling any better?" he asked.

"I think somewhat. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sleep so late."

"We let you sleep on purpose. Can I go get you some coffee?"

"I'll just go downstairs with you."

"I'll have Angus fix you something."

"Are there any scones left?"

"Yes. There are. Angus made a new recipe. Candied orange dices, cinnamon, and raw crystallized sugar. They were very good."

"Could I just do that and some coffee?"

"Put some fruit with that and you have a deal."

"Fine." She agreed. he reached for her hand and took her downstairs. Angus was kneeling on the floor playing with the girls with some colorful toys. When he saw Khaat awake and up and dressed, he got up and came over.

"Good morning," he kissed her cheek. "Coffee?"

"Yes, please," she said.

"And a couple of scones and some fresh fruit, please," Brian ordered. "And don't forget her potions please. Lets not forget the vitamins."

"I'll get it right now," Angus said, leaving at once for the kitchen.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 am

Jess saw Angus leave the girls and took his place playing with them to keep them happy Jack smiled watching her "do you ever regret not having one more ?" he asked her Jess shook her head "the risk was to great you should know that" Jack smiled and nodded turning to Brian and Khaat watching as He spotted a sleepy Cassidy walk out of the corridor to the coffee pot.

"sorry for sleeping so late guys , don't know what came over me " he said and brushed back her hair from her face leaning on the counter "too much fresh air and relaxation yesterday I guess" she looked around smiling at the two girls playing then noticing Steven wasn't up yet "huh so I'm not last up, thats good" she said and blew over her cup.

Jess chuckled and looked at Jack "hes probably exhausted " he said "cassidy can wake him" he heard a low groan from her direction.

"you know what hes like in the morning" she said and finished her own coffee. slipping from her stool she walked back down the corridor and knocked on his door , pushing it swung open and she saw him laid on his front his clothes on the floor along with a pair of black boxers her face turned bright red and she tapped his foot he jumped slightly.

"hey come on sleepy head time to get up " she said seeing him slowly roll over to face her his hair tussled and his eyes half closed still , she folded her arms and spoke again "wake up or I'll throw cold water over you , you missed breakfast" he placed his arm over his eyes as he looked at her smiling.

"now that a sight i could gt use to in the morning " he said seeing cassidy stood in her pj's at the foot of his bed her arms folded even though he was usually grouchy seeing her made him smile, he moved to sit up and cassidy turned her back to him throwing him the boxers that lay in front of her .

Steven caught eh boxers and slipped them on moving to her he kissed her "give me about 10 minuets to wash and i'll be threw " he said streching his back

Cassidy watched as he stretched realizing she was staring she moved to dress reemerging in a light chiffon blouse and sandals she headed for the main living room , "hes up" she said grinning seeing the look on jack and Jess's faces.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 am

Khaat was quiet while she was eating her scones and fruit. She obediently drank her coffee, which Angus had laced with her potions, and Angus refilled it, promising her just straight coffee this time. Brian refilled his own coffee and sat down with her, peeling a fresh orange.

"Brian," she asked. "Any chance that we could go out today? I feel like I've been under lock and key forever. I really would like to go out."

"If you like. Any place in particular?"

"No, not really. Shopping maybe?"

"If you want. Or how about a trip to a vineyard? I know one we haven't been to that I think you would enjoy, and there wouldn't be quite so much walking for you."

"I need to be able to walk again, Brian, and without my cane."

"Give it time," he frowned. "You are mightly impatient. Vineyard today, total recovery tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay. Angus, can you make the arrangements?"

"There aren't many to make, but certainly," Angus smiled. He looked at the others. "If you're going along, you'll need jeans, boots, a warm jacket, gloves, and probably a hat. You're going to be roughing it a little, Boys and Girls."

"Roughing it?" she looked at Brian, a bit of a smile on her face.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:44 am

Steven walked out of the corridor sliding down his top "did i hear right roughing it ?" he said and gave cassidy a peck on her cheek before poring a coffee and sitting next to her "roughing it how?" he asked his hair though still unbrushed was neater than when cassidy had seen him in the bedroom.

Cassidy looked at Brian and smiled "sure I don't mind a little roughing it" she quickly turned to Steven and pointed "don't even go there, i now your mind " she said chuckling at his innocent expression that now sat on his face.

Jess looked up and chuckled at the play now between the two , it was nice to have some normality back she watched as Dakota began to crawl away "ow no you don't " she said and grabbed her sitting her back with Abbey to play , Jess acioed a toy where she could hit it and the shape popped back up again letting her repeat the action.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:57 am

"Dust off those Texas boots and that Stetson, Tex," Brian laughed. "And Khaat might get to dust off some of her Christmas gifts. Leave the six shooters behind. I doubt we'll be fighting any Indians today. Be comfortable, and dont wear anything that its not okay to get dirty. Angus, can you find a reliable sitter for the girls?"

"I've got that already in the works," Angus laughed. "I know just who to ask."

"Good."

"My folks? Good enough?"

"Good enough. Don't let them spoil my girls," Brian laughed.

"Well, that's not gonna ever work. They're guaranteed to be spoiled," Angus laughed.

"You all do have decent jeans and boots, don't you?" Brian asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:32 am

Jess beamed a smiled "ow we get a taste of being a cowboy nice " she said Jack chuckled "Steven should feel right at home then " he said getting a look from Steven who then smiled at him "wait till the saddle sores get to you" he said and wincing " have you been riding before Cassidy?" he asked she looked at him and nodded "yes a while ago though" she looked at Brian and Khaat for a moment " Erm... they will be timid right?" she asked a little worried about getting back on a horse again.

Steven lent over to her and took her hand in his "its going to be fine, I'm sure they will be right for you" he said Cassidy smiled and lent back on him, quickly she headed for her room returning with a pair of light blue jeans that hugged her figure and flattish boots her shirt remain the same but a belt now sat around her waist a horse rearing up was stamped on it .
"hey thats my belt "Steve said and pouted as she walked over to him "you shouldn't leave it laying around " she said smiling as he chuckled "I should get use to this now shouldn't I " Cassidy nodded as she heard Jess and jack chuckle behind them
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:55 am

After she'd eaten, Brian took Khaat upstairs to change. When they got to the bedroom, Brian said. "I bought you a couple of gifts, but I didn't think I'd get to use them until we someday took a trip to the house in the States."

He opened his drawer and took out a small cardboard box. Inside was a couple little pieces of clothing. He laid them on the bed and flicked his wand at them. One was a long, full length deerskin coat that went below the knee and had fringe and handmade seedbeading. It was beautiful. And it was warm. He had also bought her a new pair of boots. These were tan deerskin with fringe around the tops. They were soft and comfortable and fit like she'd had them all her life.

She changed her sweater to a plain denim shirt and added a narrow tan belt to her jeans. She put on the boots and tied back her hair in a strip of tan suede. He added one last thing--a tan leather hat. Her own western riding hat.

"Arent we looking too Texan?" she asked.

"Not for riding, we won't," he said, drawing out his own fringe jacket and his hat and boots. "Its all immensely practical, whether it looks it or not. Ready?"

"I think," she said, getting up.

"Your stick?" he reminded her. She took it in her hand and they went back downstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 am

Steven had gone and changed he wore his long windbreaker and cowboy boots he felt like his old self placing his Stetson on Cassidys head and smiled.

"Hey don't I get one?" she asked and he shook his head " not that one this one" he brought out a white Stetson from behind his back placing it on her head she smiled "I love it " she grinned feeling it on her head. Cassidy stood up and showed Khaat then handed Steven his as she picked up her red jacket it wasn't a windbreaker like theirs but a red padded jacket she didn't mind as it only went to her waist but she didn't mind.

Jess and jack wore jeans and boots looking kinda normal and not like Texan cowboys , Jess looked at Khaat, Brian and Cassidy shaking her head as she looked Jack wore a black leather jacket witch seem to match his boots , Jess a light brown padded like Cassidy wore it accentuated her curves, that was something Jack appreciated, "well we ready?" she asked as jack slid his arms around her waist.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 98 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 64 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top