Sand and Snow - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 31 of 98 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 64 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 31 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 am

"I believe so," Brian said. He handed American quarters to each of the men. "That should take you there. We'll meet you there in a moment." He took Khaat's hand and portkeyed them there, trusting Angus to deliver the girls to the babysitters.

The vineyard was a massive, old estate. The house was huge and it had acres of land. There were all sorts of outbuildings. An Italian man saw Brian arrive and came out and gave Brian a large hug.

"Khaat, this is Alonzo Giovanni," Brian said with a smile. "This is his family's winery. They've owned it for hundreds of years. He's one of us...."

"Khaat? Surely not Khaat Lupin?" Alonzo asked.

"Yes," Brian said.

"Our fathers are good friends, Khaat. Any friend of my father's is a friend of mine. Welcome," he shook hands with her. "You indeed ended up with a princess, Brian. She is quite beautiful."

"She is indeed," Brian smiled. "So, can you accomodate us for the day?"

"It shall be my honor," Alonzo smiled. "I thought there were others coming."

"They are. Give them a moment," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:36 am

Steven ported with Cassidy as they apeared with cassidy she had her arms around his waist and breathing hard "dam port keys I'll never get use to them " she said waiting for a moment before moving from him . Jess and Jack ported in as if nothing had happened laughing and joking as they apeared holding hands .

" good evening sir" Jess said to the man she took to be the owner jack nodded beside her as he did up his jacket part way to keep warm.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:44 am

"Welcome," Alonzo said.

"Alonzo, these are my friends, Jessica and Jack, Steven and Cassidy. They're part of us. You just haven't met them yet. Everyone, this is Alonzo Giovanni. He, his father and his younger brothers have been part of our organization for years. His family owns this winery. They are our hosts for the day. We're all here now, Alonzo. We're in your capable hands."

"Ah, good. So before we have lunch, I presume you'd like to take a morning ride around the vineyards?" Alonzo asked. "Come with me. Your horses are being saddled as we speak. Is there anyone who hasn't ridden that perhaps would like a little help getting on your horse? Or a short bit of instruction perhaps?"

"I think we'll manage. I have a tough crew, Alonzo," Brian said.

"You always do," Alonzo laughed, motioning for them to follow him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:14 am

Cassidy was about to say she would not mind a bit of time but Brian spoke first and she just smiled knowing Steven would help if she got stuck . she moved her hand to hold his at the mention of the horse her heart beat fast in her chest it had been awhile since she had set foot on a horse .

Jess seeing Cassidys nervelessness smiled "its OK Cassidy I'm guessing hes got a timid filly for you to ride" she said she on the other hand was not scared and was looking forward to riding again along side Jack as they watched the countryside roll past at a more leisurely pace and threw vineyards again she had enjoyed it the first time she had done it.

Cassidy looked at Steven as he kissed her " don't worry both khaat , Brian and I are seasoned riders your safe with us " he said and saw her relax at his words "besides I can always give you a rub down after " Cassidy swiped his chest lightly and chuckled at his remark .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:59 am

Khaat loved riding. She had missed it. It seemed like it had been forever since she had been able to get into the saddle and actually ride a horse again. The vineyards were beautiful. The fresh air in her face was refreshing There really wasn't a lot of talking, and that was refreshing. It was merely a matter of people enjoying being one with nature again, letting the stress melt away. Brian had had to help her up on the horse because her ankles were not going to support her getting up into the saddle on her own. Part of her felt guilty that she needed his help and the other part of her felt like she enjoyed having Brian's help.

"This was a great idea," she finally said quietly to Brian.

"I thought you'd enjoy it," he smiled.

"Even if I do look more Texan than Italian," she said.

"And a very pretty Texan you are," he said. That made her laugh.

"Even if we are on the wrong continent," she said.

"Yep. Nothing's going to take away from that. What do you think, Khaat? Should we grow a vineyard at the villa?"

"I dont know. What do you think?" she asked, feeling like perhaps there was a future again to look forward to.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Cassidy saw a young tan female brought out for her to ride , walking over she let her rested her head on her hand as she spoke softly to her, she looked at Steven who walked over to her smiling "she's beautiful" he said brushing his hand down the horse's neck.

"you need a hand mounting her?" He asked seeing the hesitation in Cassidy for mounting her.

"sure" Cassidy moved to the saddle and waited her foot placed in the stirrup as she waited .

Steven moved to behind her his hand on her waist " when i say push up" he said then he told her his hands lifted her so she could mount , his hands pushed up against Cassidys bottom to help her , looking up he saw the blush on her face and just smiled.

Jess and jack rode over having already mounted their horses and now moved to beside cassidy "Aww, Steven you made her blush , maybe you need to watch where you put those hands of yours" said Jack and he chuckled this just made Cassidy blush more as she moved to along side Khaat and Brian.

Steven just chuckled at them and moved alongside Cassidy who pulling her horse close to his just kissed his cheek. "Don't worry about it " she said smiling .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:47 pm

"Brian," Khaat asked, "What if I wanted to quit? Retire? Stop working completely and raise my kids?"

"Is that what you want?" he asked.

"I don't know," she replied. "Not for sure. But I'm thinking about it. I know we can afford it."

"We certainly can. Neither of us would have to work another day in our lives. I thought we worked for 2 main reasons--to give us purpose and something to do and because we enjoy it, and, if there is a third it would be because we support what we believe in."

"I do, but I'm thinking that I really would like to just stop all this. What if we just spent a year just travelling all over the world."

"We could do that too if you wanted. Someplace you've been wanting to see?"

"I want to get lost as deeply as I can get into some muggle community. Forget magic exists. Anywhere."

He laughed. "That, my dear, is your fatigue talking. You need to have some fun. Lighten up. Enjoy life."

She smiled and didn't respond.

"What?" he asked.

"You know, when you said that, you sounded like Remus just now."

"Maybe thats because he preached it to us for years," He smiled.

"I want more children, Brian."

"Today?" he frowned.

"No," she frowned.

"Good. It would be awkward at the moment." She scowled at him. That made him laugh. And seeing him happy made her smile.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Cassidy listened silent to there conversation, wondering where it was going she looked at Steven when Khaat asked about more children thinking how would Steven feel if later on she asked the same question, she shook her head seeing the smile on his face at being back on a horse again and smiled realizing that was a question for a later date right now they were still getting to know each other.

Jess heard the conversation about disappearing into a muggle world and sighed "Khaat don't you dare, your the only good friend I have if you go there would be nobody to keep Jack in check and who would the twins play with and Andrew he'd miss you terribly" she said as her horse trotted next to her.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:10 pm

"Oh, you're right. I guess I'm missing all the fun things we used to do. Well, Brian and me. the running, the working out, the rock climbing, the camping out, all the fun things. It seems like all I do right now is survive. Hiding behind bodyguards is not the way I want to live my life, Jess. Does that seem like so much to ask for?"

"It isn't," Brian said. "But we can't just let your father's enemies have at you either. There is a midground. I'm sorry we haven't exactly found it. Really. Maybe that's what we need to talk about, all of us, over lunch, is how to meet more of a midground so you can have a sense of living your life and not hiding all the time."

"I'd like that," Khaat said. "I want to be able to go shopping with my friends without taking a whole entourage with me. I want to be able to go to the farm market this summer alone if I want. I'd like to be able to go for a jog without it causing such a big commotion. Is that so hard?"

"Sometimes," Brian admitted, "But not all the time, and I do understand."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:05 pm

Jess sighed and looked at Brian "good Idea I think we all need to know what is expected and not right now, ow Khaat we're your friends just because we also look after your safety doesn't undermine our friendship not in the least " she said pushing her horse on ahead slightly.

Cassidy watched Jess and Khaat knowing she had been right all she had done was because she felt her as a friend not as an employer. She looked at Steven and smiled at his appearance on the horse beside her.

Steven smiled as he rode next to Cassidy , a question played on his mind but now he felt he need to ask her. "Cassidy whats your thoughts on children?" he asked looking at her.

Cassidy looked at him when he asked about children "well I like john and Andrew there well behaved boys " she said thinking he had a hidden message behind his asking.

Steven smiled and shook his head " I know they like you too but thats not what i was asking Cassie , what i meant was if you'd like to have children, you know of your own?" he asked saying outwardly what he wanted to know.

Cassidy looked at him and listened when he finished she thought about what he had said and smiled "yes, I think I would in the future maybe just a little girl " she said and blushed at him as she rode.

Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 98 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 64 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top