Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level - Page 3 Empty Re: Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level

Post by Amelia Lyons Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm

As the professor began the lesson, Amelia tucked away the book she had been reading and rolled up the scrap of parchment that held her notes. It was important, she knew, to pay attention in all of her classes, but it was especially important to be on her toes in Professor Wilson's classes. He had the kind of caustic attitude that would not hesitate to make fun of her if she was caught unaware about something, and the last thing Amelia wanted was to be made a spectacle of in front of the very people she wanted most to be anonymous around.

Wilson's lesson began with a sort of self-introduction and disclaimer about his personality, followed - uncomfortably, in Amelia's opinion - by a type of commentary on some of the students in the class. While she had thought the professor's assessment of Elijah to be fair, she blushed crimson when she felt the man's hands on her shoulders and wished she could disappear right then and there as he spoke highly of her. It was not that she was embarrassed by her own intelligence, but rather than she was not fond of the idea of everyone knowing about it.

The way the eyes of the other students turned on her when Professor Wilson made an example of her nearly blocked out the rest of what he said, but Amelia was able to catch the last of his question. The answers which were provided were predictable at best, but then again, the question itself was not overly complicated. Amelia hesitated at first to answer the question that was based so clearly in speculation rather than fact, but after some bickering between Jack - a girl she recognized from a brief encounter over the summer - and the professor, and a less-than-respectful exchange between Brienne and Wilson, Amelia could not help but speak up.

"I should think we will be learning several protective spells that can stand up to dark magic. Additionally, we will likely be learning about some of the dark magic we may come up against, such as inferi and horcruxes," Amelia said plainly and clearly, though moderating her voice so that she could be heard but not overly noticed. There was a delicate balance between making a good impression on the professor and drawing unnecessary attention to herself, and she hoped in answering this question she hadn't tipped the scales toward the latter.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 pm

''... And... that is... correct. Thank you, Miss Lyons. Ten points for Ravenclaw.'', he said. ''Advanced defensive and offensive spells that will enable you to fight off almost any kind of opponent if you use them wisely and cautiously, advanced dueling, more advanced than that during your Basic Classes, that you have had, with some pretty difficult simulations that are going to challenge your true power and truly, some extreme Dark Magic that you could, especially in these times, easily face. We shan't be practicing that kind of Dark Magic, but we shall learn everything there is to learn, meaning more than you have in your textbook, meaning again you will have to listen to what I have had the pleasure of facing. This year is for some of you, meaning those whose last year this is, extremely important and I expect of you to do extremely well and, if your future choice of profession should require some extra knowledge in my subject, please, do not hesitate to ask me during any time of the year to give you that knowledge either during the class or by meeting during some extra lessons, whatever suits you best. Also, do be very careful around the school... things happen that should not happen in an institution like this one... you will meet... even bump into people... people who wish you harm... try to avoid them, but if you find yourself in an closed-room situation, do not hesitate to ask for help... both professor McCoy and I will be glad to get you out of trouble'', he said, with a concerned tone in the end. He then took a deep breath. ''What do the lot of you know about the Dark Army?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Brienne raised her hand, "The Dark Army is composed of people called 'Death Eaters', whom have the Death Eater mark of a skull and snake upon their bodies somewhere. Usually the mark is on their arms. They can create the Dark Mark in the sky with the Morsmorde spell, which usually signals a battle with them. Death Eaters can use spells such as Crucio or Avada Kedavra, whereas those aligned with good cannot. The Death Eaters usually hide their faces behind masks, and their bodies are always cloaked."
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Aarla Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:06 am

Zack listened to some of what the professor said and then to the rest of the last part he decided to add in "While I don't think the dark army exists in my country I have heard rumors that some of them don't even need to use magic to kill or are even human. I have even heard a rumor one of them is a vampire. Are we going to learn how to fight something that we wont be able to see coming for us?" he asked he of course knew of this person that he spoke of very well as Godric had once spoke of him. He then felt his thoughts turn to Godric and wondered if he was ever going to return.
Cody Aarla
Cody Aarla

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 pm

(Brienne, sorry, but your signature's stretching the board... it's kinda annoying Razz lol Very Happy )

Julia, already beginning her last school year late for class, was hurrying in the hallways, flustered from running to her class. Her bag was heavy on her back, and she hoped she wouldn't get another textbook to make it even heavier. She was heading to Defense Against the Dark Arts, one of her favorite classes, which was also taught by one of her favorite professors, Professor Wilson. He often got off-topic to point little things out, which usually gave her something to laugh about, or at least fade away into another daydream.

Julia had, by now, made her way into the classroom, realizing that the lesson had already begun. She found Wilson and halfheartedly smiled at him, "Excuse me, Professor, I apologize for being late. It won't be like last year, I promise" She chuckled at her last remark. Her and Wilson weren't exactly 'close,' but they were on good terms for the most part. Julia peered around the room, searching for an open seat, until she found one relatively close to the front of the room. She sat down and opened her notebooks and had her ink and quill ready to take notes.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Hidama Keikan Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:27 pm

At first, Hidama had just blinked at the Mao Zedong comment, before a smirk curled her lips slightly and her gaze had a dangerous glint to it while she pretended to be studying her book. Well well, a teacher who thinks he can say whatever he wants? How delightful it will be to find a way to make his life a living Hell. Her mind was already filled with lots of things that could make any grown person cry, when his hand touched her shoulder and she heard some sentence about being a little toy of his. "I wouldn't think you had something that would make me interested enough for that, mister teacher. And frankly I'd like to ask you to keep your paws off of me." Her voice was clear enough for anyone to hear, it wasn't too hostile. More like she was actually just asking him to -not- touch her. She hated being touched by anyone which she didn't know, and this teacher was no exception to that. Perhaps this would be one of the few times where she would go against her father's strict lessons and actually start a little war with a teacher?

There was already a slight argument going on between him and other students, Hidama could recognise a few, or at least the red head called Jack. Even if that girl wasn't of Slytherin, then it was alright to say that she was quite amusing when someone sparked her temper. Just like this teacher was doing right now. Hidama leaned back in her seat, and her eyes sparkled slightly upon thinking how fun it would be to see that man writh on the ground while under the Imperio curse. Well he seems to be a sucker for the Ravenclaw girl... how.. annoyingly amusing. There were always those students that knew what to say, and were the pets of the teachers.

The last comment of his, about people that would want them harm, made Hidama almost snort very disrespectfully. But she managed to keep it in. He should better check his closets and under his bed himself, seeing what an ass he seemed to be to most. She was probably going to have to get in a big line of people that wished to see that man hanged up on his toes over fire. Having nothing to say, or not wanting to say anything, about the Dark Army, Hidama just sat and listened.
Hidama Keikan
Hidama Keikan

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:40 am

Being late to class was quite usual for Scorpius, but not in the first class of the term, that was just embarrassing. Giving a good opinion to your teachers early on was essential, it meant they would get a good impression of you, which directly impacted your marks. Thats what his father said anyways. Still, Scorpius had a long walk from the owlery down to the first floor and by the time he reached the lesson had already begun. Defense against the Dark Arts wasn't a class he liked or did especially good on, but he recognized that it was important. He was confused as to why he was taking both Dark Arts and the Defense against it though, it seemed that the taking of one of those classes would render the other quite useless, but then again, both subjects had important things to teach.

"Sorry for being late professor," he apologized, before taking a seat next to Julia.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 710
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:53 pm

''What is this, some group agreement on being late?'', he commented. ''Good, now... last time lateness will be tolerated, for all of you, no excuses'', he replied.

''Now... the Dark Army. What you know, or at least what the one being so straightforward to speak, knows is what the majority of you knows and that isn't enough to write a normal essay. I know there are some of you here that do advocate such ideals and are members of the mentioned, I even know some names, but all in due time... my children, all in due time. What we are going to learn on three of our lessons is how the Dark Army functions and how its magic functions... those three classes aren't officially inside the lesson plan, but I do think that you need to know what you are coping with and I shall try to prepare you as best as I can'', he said.

''Also, for those of you who think playing, or waging a war with me, would be fun could check with some of my former students what happened... how things finished. Remember, as much self-confidence you may have, I have ten times more experience and knowledge. Jack here is someone I'd like to battle, but I do know that our battles will result in fun... I am a man who likes good humor... but that is rarely seen these days... What is Morsmordre'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Jack listened to the professor more closely than she would care to admit or let on, the latter demonstrated by her act of doodling random pictures onto a scrap of parchment. However, her ears were intent to hear any and all news on the Dark Army, as one of its opposers. She knew that there were students foolish enough to follow that path, but the professors admittance of it made it truer somehow.

She mentally made a note that they would be studying the Dark Army, just so that she would know what to expect from future lessons in this class, even if she was still not sure. The professor had seemed more amused than anything by her remark, just as the Headmaster had. What was with these professors? Didn't they see trouble in the making when it was right in front of them?

She sat up a little at the mention of her name, listening and waiting for the biting insult or offhand remark that she was sure had to be to follow. Again, familiar words floated back to her. Headmaster Doyle had also said he would be having fun with her in his class. Well, if her professors wanted fun, she would give them that.

She had never been one to answer professor's questions, but she could not deny that she was now engaged in the lesson, and at least she could prove she was not a babbling idiot nor a moronic drone like most students her age. "It's the incantation for the Dark Mark," she said casually, leaning back slightly in her chair, its front two legs leaving the floor.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top