Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level Empty Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level

Post by William Winston McCoy Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Another school year, another bunch of new and old students... Every year the same, but every one of those years he enters these classrooms with a smile on his face and joy in his heart because of the classes and the opportunity to teach new wizards and witches what he knows. The lesson plan and the working methods are still the same, the classroom is still empty... but the latter will soon change. Professor McCoy took his seat at the front desk and waited, scrolling through papers.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level Empty Re: Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level

Post by Amelia Lyons Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Amelia knew as she descended the steps to the fifth floor that she was early, but she also knew that she needed to escape the common room. Ever since the arrival of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students, the place had been abuzz with talk of the Hogwarts Tournament, a topic she still had very mixed feelings about and was mostly avoiding. It was getting hard to avoid, though, and thus Amelia had left for class a full 30 minutes early with the pure intention of being somewhere she would not have to hear gleeful shouts and speculation about who would be chosen and what he or she would be asked to do.

Arriving in the classroom, Amelia found it unsurprisingly empty. Quickly, she took a seat in the second row, more to the right side of the room, and after a quick nod to the professor to indicate that she was acknowledging his presence, Amelia pulled out her transfiguration book and began to read over what she had already devoured the night before, paying attention to the tidy loops of her notes in the margin, which stood out against the plain type of the text.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Brienne stepped into the classroom, deliberately stepping on cracks and such in the cobblestone floor. It was entertaining, and made her smile. She chose a seat front row center, it was empty. She sat down and opened her textbook, reading what she crammed last night. She had to admit, though, she didn't get much done because of the hustle and bustle of the whole Triwizard tournament. She didn't get sleep either because of all the talk.

She looked around and saw only the professor and Amelia. Oh how she envied Amelia, who was so much smarter, or so she thought. She glared at her, then went back to reading her textbook.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by William Winston McCoy Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:23 pm

''And this is it? Why does this always have to happen... yes I know the subject my get boring, but people are still obliged to attend classes. And you'll need this... Transfiguration, if mastered properly, can be extremely useful in every aspect of life. But...'', he said, sighing. This made him both sad and angry... always.

''Now, as for today's lesson, we shall start with Cross-species transfiguration as it had been mentioned on our last class. Now, before we begin with the practical part, can anyone tell me what today's spell, Vermiculus, does?'', he asked.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Brienne raised her hand, "Vermiculus is a spell that turns Vampyr Mosps into worms. The root of the spell incantation being vermi- - wormlike or worm, -culus - little. So, it means 'little worm'. Many of the teachers here are vermiculi, and I don't mean the spell". She was displaying a bit of wit herself, she frankly didn't care if she won favor with the teacher or not. She really didn't care. She had a sharp tongue, and she would use it when she damn well pleased. Even during a class, she'd use her newfound wit.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah, Jack was late, but guess what? She really did not give a flying dungbomb. The time had been to ripe- a first year walking down the halls by themselves, clutching themselves and muttering something about missing breakfast. So she may or may have not left out a canary cream and watched them run over to it, thinking it was their "lucky" day...

She was now late for the cause of being amused, one she considered a worthy cause, so she strolled into Transfiguration late, knowing very well she was going to probably get chewed out but what could you do? She took the first seat in the back she came into contact with, and slipped into it.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:02 pm

''Interesting enough. Ten points from Ravenclaw and Slytherin, but you are right, Miss Ravenquist. Our little spell really does change those mosps into worms. The fact that you aren't allowed to state your opinion about the faculty during class is another matter. I am an old man and I have seen and educated a lot of students, some of them were worse, but still, that does not mean I shall tolerate this. I do not care that you disrespect out authority, I do not care that you all think you are better and that you deserve to be treated like nobility nor do I care that some of you have the protection of the Dark Army - either you will behave properly or you won't be in this classroom. If I have to work with two people, I will! And that is the last of such behavior! Next time, you can get packing immediately!'', he said, angered more by Brienne's comment than by Angelique's wit.

''Miss Dyllan, nice of you to attend. What are Vampyr Mosps, Miss Dyllan?'', he asked.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Chase was so late it wasn't funny. She flew down the hallway, her cheeks flushed and her hair a mess. She hadn't gotten anywhere on time today. She blushed hard as she got to the door and opened the door quietly. "So sorry I'm late professor." She said in a breathless voice. She looked around and realized that the class was already really far into the lesson, in fact they had started learning already. "I am so sorry." She whispered and bobbed a cursty before finding her seat quickly.

She got out her book and parchment before staring down at it, her mind in a whir. She didn't know what had made her late, but she had been REALLY late, one second her last class had gotten out, next she was running down the hallway to this class. Everyone was gone, and it seemed she wasn't the only one late though. Jack had just entered, and she felt a little better at that. She bit her lip and stared at her parchment, still flushed. She needed this class! Already she was getting late, and she sure wasn't helping anything by beating herself up over it, so she just looked up at the professor, and waited for a response to his question from jack.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top