Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 2 - N.E.W.T. Level

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:35 pm

And of course she had to pay for her lateness. Still, maybe this would give her the chance to be able to save points from her house and make up for the ones she lost for simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Fortunately, Jack knew quite a bit about wildlife so she actually knew the answer.

"They're these huge insects that are a cross between a wasp and a moth. They are a fanged wasp-mouth hybrid. There's a Red variant and a Purple variant, and the Red is pretty vicious. We have some here, since they are native to Scotland." She smirked at him. Professors thought just because she was a troublemaker and a slacker, she must be stupid. Too bad she actually knew some things, eh?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:43 pm

''And that is the correct answer. And also, you have made a prophesy while answering. He really do have some here, in this classroom. Some of them are red, some are purple, but what is important to you is that they are sleeping. But, they could wake up any moment. I shall now show you how the spell works on one and then, you will have to do the same with yours'', he said.

He waved his hand and a wooden case landed on each desk. ''They are inside. Your task is to get them out, any way you want, and transfigure them into worms. And that is it, that is all you have to do for today. But, do note that, if they wake up, you will have to deal with them yourselves. Now, here is how it works!'', he said.

He then opened one case that he had left behind. A big red Vampyr Mosp flew out. McCoy took his wand and pointed it at the flying creature. ''Vermiculus'', he said. As the spell hit the creature, it started morphing and soon, a small worm fell on the ground. McCoy levitated it outside to the grounds. ''Now, and that is it, that is what you have to do!'', he said with a smile.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Brienne was thinking of a way to open the case without waking the creature inside. Vampyr Mosps were hard to catch once they were released and awake. She was still a little pissed that she had lost Ravenclaw some points, since she was only trying to be funny. Actually, she did mean it, but the way she said it no one would actually know that she was serious. McCoy was indeed a tricky one.

She opened the case quietly, revealing the creature still sleeping inside. She whispered "Vermiculus" whilst tapping it with the wand. It turned into a small worm. She lifted the worm with her wand.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm

''No, Miss Ravenquist, that is not what I have asked you to do! Therefore, your grade will be only an 'A' without any points. You are supposed to take the MOSP out, not the WORM. A baby could have taken that worm out of the case, I wanted to make a challenge, but you obviously got yourself preoccupied with your opinions about the staff... you are excused for today, Miss Ravenquist'', he said, calmly.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by William Winston McCoy Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:42 pm

He waved his hand, locking the door before she could exit. Rapidly, which was unusual for an old man, he drew out his wand and pointed it at the enraged creature. ''Vermiculus'', he said. Hitting the Mosp, it turned into a small worm and landed on the ground. He put his wand back and looked at the young girl.

''You know, this is one of the stupidest pranks I have seen. I have been here longer than your parents I presume, maybe I even taught them, and I have seen this situation a hundred times. There is always someone stupid enough to try to pull an old prank. It doesn't even arouse me anymore. It is just sad - people aren't creative anymore, just full of themselves. And what did you want to accomplish, young girl? Make me angry? Lose points? Get detention? Get out of class? I do not care that much, really. I am just sad that you aren't creative anymore, just mean, but mean is stupid, which means you're just stupid'', he commented with a dose of sadness in his voice. ''Now, Miss Pyrites, I shall have to deduce 30 points from Slytherin for this kind of behavior and, in the end, ban you entrance to my classroom. I shan't give you detention, there would be no point in awarding such a thing to you, but I can please myself. From now on, you are banned from attending my classes and I do not want to see you here next time, because you will be thrown out. If that was what you were trying to accomplish, you did it. Now, please, leave and do not come back. I shall cross you from the class list. Goodbye, Miss Pyrites'', he responded, unlocking the door again.

''Now, for the rest, please do finish your tasks. I doubt that the creatures will be asleep so long'', he said, going back to his desk.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:49 am

Amelia watched with her usual rapt attention to the professor, completely convinced that if she did not listen to his every word she was bound to do something incorrectly. This seemed a foolish thought for today’s lesson, as it did not seem overly complicated – in fact, not much more so than their previous years’ N.E.W.T. studies – but old habits die hard. Each word the professor uttered was committed to memory both of the mental and parchment form, and it was only when the professor was completely done with his demonstration that Amelia set aside her quill in favor of her wand.

Not wanting to seem overanxious, Amelia watched those around her perform the spell before she made her own attempt. Although she had thought Brienne’s use of the spell to be proficient, the professor did not agree, highlighting that she had not followed his instructions to the letter. Glad now that she had waited – for Amelia might have made the very same mistake – Amelia had turned back to her own container and was about to release the sleeping mosp when she heard a bang followed quickly by the sound of splintering wood that sent her beneath her desk for protection. Crouching on the ground, Amelia did not have a good view of what had just happened, but she quickly gathered the nature of the situation from the anger that spouted from the professor, directed at Angelique, a girl she knew only from what she had heard.

From what she was hearing now, though, Angelique had not earned herself any favour in the class doing whatever it was that she had done – and from the sounds of it, she had blown up her box and tried to make a run for it – and had in fact gotten herself removed from the classroom. Only after the professor’s voice had moderated itself back to a normal level did Amelia come up from beneath her own desk, brushing aside the few woodchips that had come to rest on her chair before resuming her place in it.

By now, any chance of finding a sleeping mosp in her own container was long gone. The creature had obviously been awoken by Angelique’s idea of a good time and was now rattling around inside the box on Amelia’s desk. After taking a few seconds to breathe and to plan, Amelia inched a finger forward and opened the clasp of the box, which allowed the lid to fall open and reveal the creature.

Levicorpus!” Amelia said clearly, pointing her wand directly at the creature, which was immediately turned upside down and left suspended that way, moved out of the box and held in place by the direction of Amelia’s wand tip. This, as might be expected, did not help with the creatures ire at all, and Amelia was quick to follow it with the spell of focus for today’s lesson.

Vermiculus,” the redhead reiterated, following the example the professor had shown earlier. The angry moth-like creature that had previously taken up the space above her container was immediately consumed in a halo of yellow light and shortly after replaced by a wriggling worm which fell to the bottom of the container, no longer held aloft by Amelia’s previous spell. It would seem, Amelia thought, that she had accomplished the point of today’s lesson, but then again, Brienne had probably been thinking the same thing before the professor corrected her performance. Amelia looked up hesitantly at the professor, hoping to avoid that same fate, but knowing with McCoy, it was a definite possibility.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:29 am

''And that is how it is supposed to be done. Brilliant work, Miss Lyons. Fifteen points for Ravenclaw and an 'O' for you. I do apologize, today's class truly is ruined by some unexpected, yet manageable, events, and I do hope we shan't have such problems next time. Those of you who haven't, please do wrap up your tasks so that we can dismiss this torture class supplied to us by a certain persona'', he said, looking at his pupils.

(DEADLINE: Sunday)
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Jack impatiently waited as Brienne and Angelique failed; Brienne had simply not listened to all parts of the requirements of the assignment, though Jack could not tell if Angelique had always meant the mistake as a prank, or if she had simply turned it into one once she realized she had messed up. Either way, Jack would score her a seven out of ten. Good concept, execution a little shifty.

Amelia went next and did perfectly as usual, earning a good grade, House points, and some praise. Of course. Jack vaguely wondered if it was exhausting being that perfect, though she would not know, nor did she care to find out. She had enough trouble being her own, flawed self.

There was no escaping that she still had a task to do. She stared at the box, having no aspiration to simply mime Amelia's actions. Jack liked to find her own way, and she had always liked confrontation. Jack stared at her box and pushed it to the edge of the desk and stood up. She pushed off the lid and took a few steps back, pointing her wand at the box.

"Locomoter Mosp." The Vampyr Mosp immediately rose upwards. She saw it struggle against the bonds of magic, baring its fangs but she used her wand to make it float towards her. She grabbed it in one hand and it struggled fruitlessly, twisting to try and bite her, though her grip was too tight on it. "Sorry fella," she said in a teasing voice. She then pointed her wand at it and said, "Vermiculus." The struggly Mosp shrunk and she rotated her palm as it became a little worm. She held it out. "Neat, "she said in a neutral voice, looking at the little guy.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:30 pm

''Good, Miss Dyllan, very good indeed, I have to say. And that should be it for today, if I am not mistaken. Except that small misinterpretation of reality by miss Pyrites, we have been fairly successful I dare say. Now, you all know your grades, and also 15 points for Gryffindor along with an 'O' for Miss Dyllan. Also, very creative thinking, I must admit. Now, class dismissed and see you on our next class'', McCoy said.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top