Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 1- N.E.W.T. Level

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:38 am

Brienne turned around and saw Simon. She smiled and waved. She didn't know he was taking DADA class. She smiled.

"Simon! It's me, Brienne!"

She folded her arms at her desk , her cold was starting to go away a little bit. The pills were kicking in. The dull look in her eyes was lessened, the redness and other ill signs that could be read loud and clear diminished gradually. Muggle medicine was a wonderful thing, although potions were better.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:21 pm

''And you will keep quiet now'', Wilson replied standing up. ''You, Mao Zedong girl, come in next time like that and I shan't be sorry for the noise your head makes when it hits the stairs to this classroom'', he added. ''Now, good day to you all and welcome to N.E.W.T. Level Defense Against the Dark Arts. Those of you who know me... well, you are still here, and that speaks for itself, and those of you who don't know me can as those few brave ones. I see that we have some familiar faces here...'', he said walking. ''...some of whom I expect to have fun with, but also to show their abilities...'', he said ending back Elijah and putting his hands on his shoulders. ''...and some of whom I expect the same natural brilliance they posses...'', he said, continuing to walk behind Amelia, doing the same. ''...and some that will just be my little toys.'', he said, repeating the act with Hidama Keikan. ''Now, you all probably know that Sandra Archer, who is an idiot, I must add, has started her own artificial subject called Dark Arts. I have seen her lesson plan and I can ensure you you won't learn anything there that you won't learn here even better. She will teach you how to use Dark Arts as a murder weapon and I will teach you how to use them as an impenetrable fort. You will have to put every effort to master these lessons, not because of me, I know everyone of them, but because of your future, your grades and your own safety... you never know when you might need them. Now, for our class to start... does anyone have any idea what we will be learning about this year?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:57 pm

That was just amazing! New year, new term, new students, teachers and all other stuff. Well, except the fact that she was late. Again. But this time, she felt no need to rush anywhere. It was just Wilson who probably take some housepoints from Hufflepuff because she was late, or he will forgive her because it’s the first school day. She entered the classroom just in time to hear how Wilson commented students, and later even insulted Sandra Archer, their professor of the Dark Arts. She grinned, and stepped forward:“Sorry for being late, professor Wilson, but it’s very good to see you,“ she said happily. Though, she was sure that he wouldn’t say the same words as she did. No one missed her. She took a seat on her place, and looked up. “It’s funny, though. Weren’t most of the Death Eaters idiots?“ she murmured to herself, brushing her lightbrown hair away from her face.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Brienne turned around and was at attention, she had to stifle a giggle at the remark that the "Dark Arts" teacher was an "idiot". She heard the teacher's question and raised her hand.

"Are we going to be learning about Unforgivable Curses?"

She hoped she was right, she hadn't learned much about them over the years, just the names and effects. Imperio, the controlling curse. Avada Kedavra, the killing curse. Crucio, the torture curse. She blew her nose on a tissue she quickly grabbed from a packet of them in her pocket. Stress was bringing the illness back to its full effects.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:53 pm

James Wake slid into the room as the class began, somewhat ashamed of being late. Being part of the Imperium Squad was causing a number of issues for him, namely his time. Half the time he could have spent studying was spent chasing pranksters and their ilk across the grounds. For some bizarre believe reason, each one of them was far too afraid to accept the error of his or her ways. This made the job exceptionally difficult for James, who had to chase them across the school for the most simplest of reasons.

In this case, James had carried the chase as far as the abandoned Gamekeeper's cottage. Some of the students had began to use the large room as a meeting place for thei simple little games, but now that James knew about it, they would certainly change their position.

And now they made him LATE for class. It was a new, very embarassing situation. He entered silently as to not disrupt the class, but if he knew Prof. Wilson at all, he would certainly notice. James quietly took out his notebook and scratched out the beginnings of his notes. He would later ask one of his classmates what he missed.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:12 pm

''Manson... Wake... bloody hell... Twenty points from each of you. You would have gotten detention, but since it is the first day... you'll only get points deduced. Now sit down and keep quiet'', he said. ''I did not tell you to ask me what we would be learning, I asked you if you knew! But then, yes, we are going to go through all three of them and practice their use, and also how to defend yourself against them. Anyone know anything else? Another lesson? And please, phrase it in the form of a statement, not a question'', he explained.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Jack glared at the professor. She liked tough, snide people but she was finding him to be overly rude, offensive, and uptight. The Mao Zedong comment had irritated her as i was, and then he proceeded to take points from two of the better students. "Chill out," she muttered irritably, scribbling on the desk a little, having a feeling that if anyone was going to provoke this guy into changing his leniency and giving out detentions, it was going to be her.

He asked a question and Brienne responded. He, in turn, responded with more snide remarks and his superior attitude that she was really not appreciating. She muttered a response to his question, "Maybe how to be an uptight arse with no respect?" She shook her head, knowing very well that her voice had probably carried through the room. She often had that problem.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Wilson turned to Jack and laughed, clapping his hands. ''Bloody hell... it happens each and every year.'', he said. ''Thank you dear Headmaster, thank you... each and every year I have one that thinks he should be bold enough and that thinks I am an uptight jerk who will tolerate brave remarks... thank you... wait, you're in my House, you're Dyllan, right? Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Dyllan...'', he explained. ''Yes... you may be bold enough, or stupid enough, it is the same term, whichever suits you better, to provoke me, but like I did with the others... you will either end up hating me and shut up, or you will end up understanding me and change your opinion... you can chose one right now, but it will require time for you to be sure, trust me. Now, Dyllan... could you answer the question?'', he asked, calmly.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Jack raised an eyebrow as he clapped and laughed. What the hell...? She was a troublemaker and so far, all f her teachers had not been angered by her comments and her behavior. As one who had been expecting the first detention of the year, she found this rather confusing; Jack never got lucky enough to escape punishment.

At his words she could not help but feel herself gain a tiny bit more respect for the guy, but not enough to not realize that she was more or less being challenged. He may have been trying to embarrass her, but she had learned that only worked is she got embarrassed. And she was not one to do so easily. She smirked and replied smoothly, "I like making my own options, thank you. And I don't know what the lesson plan is. I'm assuming we'll be going into some more powerful charms and curses." She stared back at him.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 pm

"But didn't I tell you part of what we were learning? Also, what is wrong with phrasing it as a question? I was making sure I was correct in that statement. Honestly, do you like making us feel stupid?" Brienne growled a little. Sure, she wanted to do well, but she was starting to feel the stinging reality that maybe this teacher was just a horrid one. She felt that the trouble lied not with her but with him.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top