End of Summer Party - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

End of Summer Party - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

End of Summer Party

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End of Summer Party - Page 5 Empty Re: End of Summer Party

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:44 am

Andrew apparated near the dance entrace, scatching his arm wildly. he wasn't wearing a tuxedo, not knowing if the dance had been completely formal or not. Yet he did try to dress like he was going to the Yule Ball. He wore a black dress jacket with blue jeans wondering if he should have gone out and bought a tuxedo. Yet he didn't like to be Mr. Fancy or anything like that. He liked dressing the way he did. His hair looked a little shorter before cutting it down about an inch of 3 inches already. It also looked like he had put syiling moouse in it, also wondering if he should have done so as well.

He scanned the area, looking for his date, Chase Moor, not being able to find her. He had not seen what dress she had been wearing before he left, so it would be a lot harder to- then he found her. His eyes widened as he saw her dress, feeling himself put on a smile. He walked slowly, that way Chase could not hear, and ambushed Chase from behind, putting his arms around her waist and kissing her neck gently. "You look beautiful," he said softly into her ear.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 am

Chase jumped when someone came up behind her. "Andrew!" She said laughing. "I was looking everywhere for you!" She struggled out of his arms and spun around, seeing him standing there, absolutely perfect. "You look wonderful!" She said her eyes darting over his figure. His hair had been done differently, and he wore nice, but not over nice clothes. "So handsome!" she giggled and moved closer. "Isn't this place wonderful!" She said spinning on the spot just before she had hugged him, and looking out over the meadow.

"So many people.. so much fun, we should dance!" She cried out, eyes wide with happiness. "Come on! Lets dance!" She laughed and grabbed his hand, pulling on it to head out onto the dance floor. Just as she got to an open spot, the music changed to a slow dance. "perfect!" She said giggling and looking around for Andrew. "Where'd ya go?" She asked more to herself before smiling and waiting patiently. They had all night, and she didn't even know if he could dance, she just hoped he could.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:02 am

Andrew kept his hands on Chase's waist, holding her firmly even as she began to run. His smile still stayed on his face, his face growing a little more red as she said he was handsome. He had thought that he had been underdressed, and was thrilled that she liked the outfit. "Thank you love," he said softly his msile growing a little more "you look absolutely fantastic in that outfit...I feel like I need to grab a stick to fight off the guys that would want you!" He looked around, noticing that the place had been very well assembled. "yeah it is very nice indeed!"

His body grew cold once she suggested that they dance. He was scared, knowing fully that he couldn't dance very well. His ex had shown him a couple of dance moves, yet it had been so long since he had tried it. His legs wanted to lock themselves where he stood, yet moved relucantly as Chase dragged him to the dance floor. His face was almost completely red as he stood in front of her, deciding that he should probably back off a bit in order to avoid embaressment. He slowly then began to walk away, so that way he was out of sight of the dance floor. He sighed in relief and turned to face Chase.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:12 am

Chase was confused. He had just turned and walked away. She turned her head to the side and went after him. "You can't dance way over here!" She said her eyes wide with what looked like a hurt look. She felt as though she had been rejected for a dance, and it stung slightly. "Please! I would love to dance! Please please please!" she begged, tugging on his shirt like a kid asking for candy. "Please I love you, please!" She was half bouncing up and down, attracting attention from people nearby who were looking at them oddly.

"It's not hard! It's a slow song, all we gotta do is sway slightly.." She said half bouncing before giving him the most pathetic face she could, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes, she let a small whimper escape her lips, her eyes twinkling with sadness. "Please will you dance with me?" She asked, trying to look as hurt as possible that he had simply walked away like it was nothing at all.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:26 am

Andrew's face toke on the role of being confused as Chase began to hop up and down. He just didn't want to dance, but now he seemed like he had to. "Okay okay!" he said, wrapping both arms around her to get her to stop jumping "I'll dance...I just can't though!" Sure it was a slow dance, yet any kind of dance made Andrew feel completely stupid. He had 2 left feet and no sense of dancing. Why had she felt so strongly about it as well? It was just a dance.

Reluctantly, he grappled onto Chase's hand, pulling her towards the dance floor, yet not at the center. He wrapped his arms around her waist and tried to avoid her gaze as he did what she told him to do. Sway back and forth, back and forth. He felt like he was making a completely mockery of himself, so he said softly "Chase can we do something else? I don't like dancing...well rather I don't know how!"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:31 am

Chase looked almost hurt at the way he spoke of dancing. She loved dancing, it was possibly the best thing she knew how to do. Her body moving in time with the music, showing it off, exploring, laughing and having fun, but he looked so... so stiff. Chase bit her lip and looked up at him. Was he still thinking.. of the fight? Her mind went blank for a second before she let a smile creep back onto her face, though not as lively as before. "Okay.." she said softly, seeing how awkward he looked, but then she felt her smile widen. "Come on, let me teach you! We can go over here! Out of the way so no one can see us, and I'll teach you how to dance!" She laughed.

Pulling him away from the crowed of people, and past the line of onlookers, she spun around, so that her dress flared up slightly around her hips. She grinned up at him and beckoned him forward. "Okay.. so first things first.. you NEED to relax, please, just.. let the stiffness out of your shoulders, loosen up! I've never seen you this.. this tight before!" She said giggling loudly and looking at him her eyes twinkling in the dimming light. "Now.. hand on the waist, one hand in mine.. and all we do is listen to the music and sway, please, it's not hard now is it?" She asked grinning at him as she looked up into his eyes, hoping he wouldn't get angry with her for wanting to dance so badly.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:34 am

Samantha Burns wrote:Sammy smiled up at Keegan as he complimented her and then she giggled alittle at him offering her his jacket. She smiled happily and put the jacket on, smelling him all over it as she did. She was always in heaven everytime that she smelled him. She then looked over at Mari as a flying message flew by. Mari then blew some glasses of alcohol up behind her, then fixed them. Sammy could tell that this was only the begging of the night. Sammy smiled half heartedly at Mari, then turned to Keegan. "Keegan? Could you come with me please?" Sammy asked him, with a plan in mind.

She walked over to the trees so that they where out of earshot of everyone. She then put her back to the tree without leaning on it. "Keegan.... I know that we only just got back together and all that. But I was just thinking that maybe we could...." Sammy said turning now to face the tree. Sammy then put her hand in the purse that she had brought with her, then pressed the necklass that Sophia and her exchanged, hoping that she would turn and see this just in time, without coming over. Sammy then turned back around facing Keegan. She then kneeled down on one knee. "Keegan...." She said opening a box with a ring in it towards him. "Will you have the honor of marriing me?" She asked him feeling a tear drip down her cheek and fall off her chin.

Spoiler:
^ring

"Yes Sammy I will, but before you go any further I want you to reach your hand into the left hand side of my jacket pocket said Keegan softly. In the left hand side of is his jacket held a black box with a engagement ring that had a diamond in the middle surrounded by sapphires and small diamonds. Keegan hoped she would do what he asked so he could do the same thing. Keegan brought this ring before she ran away and was planning on asking her to marry him. As he lifted her off the ground he set her in front of him and wiped her tears with his thumbs.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:49 am

Keith Nicholas wrote:"So which one of you is avaivable for a dance?"

Keith immediately perked up, seeing a chance to get rid of his newly acquired watch dog.

"James!" Keith said, faking enthusiasm as best he knew how (which was pretty impressive) "No way dude!" He leaned in, whispering loud enough for Mariana to hear "Now's your chance. Good luck man." He then unceremoniously shoved James towards Mariana and went back to humming.

"Ok. Now I know he's up to something."

James held up one of his fingers to indicate that he would need a moment with the younger boy. [color=blue]"Listen, Keith's up to something,"[/i] James mouthed to Mariana, his back turned to Keith. "I maintain a modicum of respect in the midst of my elders. Even those who are young enough to be considered my peers. I hope you would not mind if I continued to refer to you as Ms. Diggory," James stated aloud to Mariana, pretending to play along with Keith's little ploy. He even offered his hand as an invitation to dance.

"In case he gets away with whatever he's planning," James cautioned Mari in a more secretive manner, "Don't drink anything."
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:05 am

Andrew followed Chase at her pace, wanting to get out of that area quickly. He never liked dancing, it was something that had been born with him. If it was someplace more private, he would have danced freely with Chase, yet so many people were there. Most of them he knew. Yet, he followed her and began to dance with her, letting his shoulders and body begin to relax. Just calm down Andrew, he thought to himself Calm down and follow her...she is your girlfriend after all, and you trust her.

After a moment or so, he began to mimic the way Chase had danced, almost matching it flawlessly. He only concentrated on her, his thoughts far from on what others thought or anything like that. He only moved, occasionally messing up from time to time, in her rhytm. "Okay," he said softly, his face turning into a smile "I think I got it...do I have it?" When he said the last word though, he tripped and ended up falling onto his back, brining Chase with him. He laughed, his face almost a bright red. "I'm sorry!" he said apologentically "I didn't mean to do that!"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:07 am

Brienne dropped the moth, it wasn't what she was here for. In fact, the only reason she was there was because Daniel forced her to be there despite not having a date to it. She looked back into the bushes and happened to see Daniel back there. He looked guilty. She stormed over to where he was, ready to tear his head off.

"DANIEL! Why did you want me to come here? The invite coulda been turned down you know."

"I was doing it for your well-being. I wanted you to make some friends, and what do you do? You play with a stupid moth. I only made it stay still so you wouldn't hurt it!"

"I coulda made friends WITHOUT going to this thing. I mean, look at all the happy couples. They make me depressed because of my loneliness. I've never had love before! The least you coulda done was NOT make me come here."

"What is it gonna take to get through your thick stupid skull? You can't make friends in school or outings alone! You need to go to mass-parties like this once in a while."

"If you expect me to stay, there's something you gotta do. You're not going to like it."

"What is it?"

"Be my date. You gotta kiss me at least once, too. Pretend to enjoy it!"

"No. Just...no."

"I'll leave then".

"Fine, but don't make me to something we'll both regret."

"You still gotta kiss me at least once. If you still care about me, you'll kiss me MORE than once."

"Deal."

Daniel and Brienne walked out to the dance floor. Daniel forgot to wear something nice, so he was wearing a black turtleneck sweater and tight jeans. Brienne could hardly dance in her dress shoes, but she could try. After all, Daniel would make great support since he was wearing sneakers, which were more suitable dancing shoes. Daniel and Brienne kissed, and then did something akin to a tango.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top