Grand Party - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Grand Party - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Grand Party

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grand Party - Page 5 Empty Re: Grand Party

Post by Preston Underwood Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:30 am

Keegan gave Mariana a warm smile and nodded. "Why of course I remember you Mari, why wouldn't I remember you?"Keegan asked her smiling. "Do you ladies need any help going down to the kitchen?"Keegan asked them as he heard Sophia and Mariana's conversation. "Do you mind if I go and help them love?"Keegan turned and asked Samantha softly.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:41 am

(lol, am I crazy??)

After Nikki had finished her song some people clapped and cheered but then suddenly a guy began to sing with his guitar. She felt challenged. Well, she thought, bring it on, she liked to sing and would be stupid not to compete. Well well well, what do we have here? Nikki asked curiously. I'm Nikki Granger, who may you be? Nikki asked curiously. Nikki walked around him, looking at him, from head to toe. Interesting. If you're trying to get the singing title, it's already owned by moi. Nikki told the guy with a smile but also with a kind of warning too.
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:13 pm

[[OOC:Stupid food just say we came back a few minutes later carrying....whatever]]

"Let's go come on we don't got all day. And sure Keegan." Mariana said smiling as she grabbed Sophia for her hand and started to pull her down towards the kittchens knowing someone would eventually join them following. "We need food! ALOT of food!" she told ringing through the kitchen. As the food was done and in the boxes she started levitating and carrying some back to seventh floor. That was going to be one long walk. A couple of minutes after they arrived carrying alot of boxes with alot of food and drinks. "FOOD IS HERE!!" she said dragging out hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chocolate cakes and many other stuff.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Derek would have expected for the girl to give him some kind of competition though he he seriously didn't expect being scanned first. After he finished singing and his guitar dyed away he turned his attention towards the girl that someone mentioned she was crazy. "Hello Crazy sister Nikki you really do look crazy like us all. And my name would be Derek Delacour and that over there would be my baby sister Monet," he replied looking at her like he just discovered America. "Wanna bet? Let's see how much competition can you give me." he said starting to sing a random song which he didn't know whose composer was. He just wanted for the girl to try oversound him.

Everybody's always talking at me
Everybody's tryin' to get in my head
I wanna listen to my own heart talking
I need to count on myself instead

(Did you ever?) Lose yourself to get what you want
(Did you ever?) Get on a ride and wanna get off
(Did you ever?) Push away the ones you should have held close
Did you ever let go? Did you ever not know?

I'm not gonna stop
That's who I am
I'll give it all I got
That is my plan
Will learn from what I lost
You know you can
Bet on it, bet on it, bet on it, bet on it
I'm gonna make it right
That is the way
To turn my life around
Today is the day
Am I the type of guy who means what I say?
Bet on it, Bet on it, bet on it, bet on it
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:04 am

Sophia came in behind Mariana levitating some food with her wand that way she didn't get tired from carrying all the food and drinks they brought. " MARI RIGHT, AND ALOT OF IT SO DIG IN PEOPLE!" Sophia shouted over the music. As she put all the food and drinks she brought on the table she massage her left warm. "Man that was a pain, but good thing I didn't carry any of them!"said Sophia. As she grabbed a butterbeer she opened it and started drinking it as soon as she opened it. Sophia looks at Nikki competition and realized he was really good. 'Wow Nikki sis, he's really good looks like you have a competition here!'said Sophia softly. Seeing how Sophia's wand was already in her hand she flicked it and made a microphone appear in front of Derek that way people could hear him. Realizing this place didn't look like a party she waved her wand around her head and added some flashing lights and a disco ball. 'I'll add some music later, unless other people keep on singing, I might sing myself!'said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:47 am

You're right, Soph, let's see who's the champ. Nikki giggled playfully. Nikki began to think what song she should sing next. Ah, Nikki thought, a great party song came to mind and she grinned proudly. Nice to meet you Derek, and your sister. Nikki smiled in a friendly way. Nikki bit her lip and thought for a moment, did she really have a chance? She shrugged and decided to sing anyway, she enjoyed it alot. Nikki began to dance and to sing against Derek, but in a nice friendly way of course.

I hopped off the plane at LAX
with a dream and my cardigan
welcome to the land of fame excess, (woah)
am I gonna fit in?

Jumped in the cab,
Here I am for the first time
Look to the right and I see the Hollywood sign
This is all so crazy
Everybody seems so famous

My tummys turnin and I'm feelin kinda home sick
Too much pressure and I'm nervous,
That's when the taxi man turned on the radio
and a Jay Z song was on
and the Jay Z song was on
and the Jay Z song was on

CHORUS:
So I put my hands up
They're playing my song,
And the butterflys fly away
Noddin' my head like yeah
Moving my hips like yeah,
And I got my hands up,
They're playin my song
I know I'm gonna be ok
Yeah, It's a party in the USA

Get to the club in my taxi cab
Everybody's lookin at me now
Like “whos that chick, thats rockin' kicks?
She gotta be from out of town”

So hard with my girls not around me
Its definitely not a Nashville party
Cause' all I see are stilletos
I guess I never got the memo

My tummys turnin and I'm feelin kinda home sick
Too much pressure and I'm nervous
That's when the D.J. dropped my favorite tune
and a Britney song was on
and the Britney song was on
and the Britney song was on

CHORUS:
So I put my hands up
They're playing my song,
Noddin' my head like yeah
Moving my hips like yeah,
And I got my hands up,
They're playin my song
I know I'm gonna be ok

Feel like hoppin' on a flight (on a flight)
Back to my hometown tonight (town tonight)
Something stops me everytime (everytime)
The DJ plays my song and I feel alright!

CHORUS:
So I put my hands up
They're playing my song,
Noddin' my head like yeah (Oh, nodding my head)
Moving my hips like yeah, (Ooh Yeah)
And I got my hands up,
They're playin my song
I know I'm gonna be ok (gonna be okay)
Yeah (huh huh), It's a party in the USA (Yeah)

So I put my hands up
They're playing my song,
And the butterflys fly away (flying away)
Noddin' my head like yeah (nodding my head like yeah)
Moving my hips like yeah, (moving my hips like yeah)
And I got my hands up,
They're playin my song
I know I'm gonna be ok (I'm gonna be okay)
Yeah (Yeah), It's a party in the USA
Yeah (hahaha), It's a party in the USA (Party in the USA!)
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriella Montez Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:56 am

Monet saw the people coming back with food and walked over to them. Ah, thank you so much, kind people. Monet smiled. I can't believe I missed out on the most important thing. Monet blushed. She bit her lips and walked away from them, because they seemed to be busy in their own group and she didn't want to bother them. She walked near her brother and cheered for him. GO DEREK! Monet called out and clapped for him.
Gabriella Montez
Gabriella Montez

Number of posts : 375
Special Abilities : Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:17 am

"Oh it was nothing, I was just helping out a fellow Gryffindor!"said Sophia giving her a soft warm smile. "We Gryffindors stay together!"said Sophia winking at Monet before she walked away. "GO NIKKI!"Sophia cheered for sister. "Maybe I can a song or two that I have written.'said Sophia softly but loud enough for Nikki or anyone around her to hear her. "I'm a pretty good singer myself, I love singing it's a passion of mine!"said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Potter1 Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Lily grinned at Rose, "I agree, for some reason I have been able to escape any family interaction lately...it's kind of odd." She said with a giggle as food was announced. "That's my cue to go stuff my face." She said to Albus and Rose as she skipped off toward Mari wearing a gleeful expression.

"FOOOOODDDDD ALLL MINE!!!" Lily called out dramatically as she grabbed the closest food in sight and begun to eat, uncaring of how messy she was. Lily had learnt early as she'd grown up around a large family that food could get cleared out quickly. She swallowed before saying to Mari, "Great turn out." Before taking another bite, now staring serenely around the room for a familiar face.
Lily Potter1
Lily Potter1

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Alester had trailed quietly after the girls, although he had been barely a noticable member of their party. He had been more than happy to be of assistance more for the fact of escaping the confines of the party and getting to roam the castle. He settled his additions to the other's foods and moved back again to the shadows of the room..although the newly added strobes and glinting disco ball made shadows less available. His face was completely devoid of emotion as he assessed the room. He had thought it might be an opportunity to observe people, the inevitable hobknobbing of a party setting should have been an opporunity to at least meet some people or get to know the names of those faces he did know already. He had been watching people closely as they formed their little cliques and trying to discern friends of friends. He bit the inside of his mouth drawing blood, an instantanious rush as the crimson liquid flowed over his tongue caused him to sit up and take better notice.

It seemed for the most part groups were exclusive, few people introduced newcomers into their ranks and most stayed with those they knew. His silvery blue eyes scanned the dancefloor area and paused on the singers as the songs changed. Nothing he would normally listen to, pity; too happy go lucky-bubblegummy-innocent. The guitar was a nice addition, and the boy seemed quite accomplished with his instrument so Alester concentrated on this as a means of distraction. His mind mulled over the prospects and he determined he was bored and nearly determined to make his escape where wandering the halls at least afforded him the chance to elude the schools squad of miscreants who found delight in tormenting the weaker. A slight smirk curved one corner of his mouth as he downed another shot of firewhiskey, not even grimacing as it burned through the aftertaste of blood and down his throat. A particularly bright beam of light glinted off his jigger spotlighting into his eyes as he tipped it to his lips refilled for the third shot, his nose wrinkled in distaste and he frowned in displeasure at the offense. Yes he was bored.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top