The Yule Ball - Page 18
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Yule Ball - Page 18 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Yule Ball

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Yule Ball - Page 18 Empty Re: The Yule Ball

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:41 am

Elijah chuckled and pulled Amelia closer to him, his arms circling around her waist and holding her comfortably. He knew he was spontaneous and it wasn’t something he did purposely. It was due to the fact that he never thought about what he did before acting. He’d do anything on someone’s behalf just to get even or something of the like. He would make a brilliant mercenary and assassin if he played his cards right. However, it was a dangerous job and he didn’t particularly see himself being the best in the business. He’d be endangering not just his own life but those that he cared about as well. Amelia. He’d be endangering Amelia.

If he was honest thought he didn’t see himself killing in cold blood for money. He had a conscience unlike many others and although he could probably get on with it for a while he’d be in a lot of trouble. The souls he’d destroyed would catch up to him and eventually he’d make a mistake and no doubt make a Horcrux due to just being an idiot which was something he seemed to be good at. However, the danger of the whole thing attracted him to no end and the thought of experimenting and playing God interested him greatly.

Perhaps sticking with art would serve him better. The thought of standing in a studio and surrounding himself with women did worry him slightly but perhaps it was time to move on with that and not spend his spare time unconscious in Paris because his blood-alcohol levels are off the charts. He hadn’t reached that point yet seeing as he usually passes out long before he actually gets alcohol poisoning but it applied to him and he knew that there wasn’t time for Paris anymore.

Elijah could see himself standing on a river bank with small barges drifting down it under the late afternoon sun. He could see an apple orchard on the bank opposite and children running around amongst the trees with their mother chasing them. He could imagine it all even to the small intricate details on the window panes of the Manor that had the land to house the orchard. He could see himself with the tip of a paintbrush between his teeth and a palette in his hand with the canvas on its stand more or less bare due to his distracting family that drove him crazy but he loved them anyway. From the little girl with a pretty pink bow holding back her blonde ringlets to the young boy with messy dark hair trying to protect his sister - the brave knight, the damsel in distress and their mother; the nasty dragon.

Eli chuckled again and buried his thoughts deep. As beautiful as they were, as beautiful as the scene was - so light and full of love, it wouldn’t happen. He could only hope and try to steer himself that way. To the beautiful Manor in the countryside. To the wife pretending to be the awful dragon but truly being loving and kind. And finally to the children with toothy smiles and freckled cheeks pretending to be the epitome of innocence - not knowing they truly were despite being little devils.

He could imagine toying around with a barbeque and seeing an old friend shaking their head at him and scolding him for his ineptitude before setting up the grill themselves. He could see himself playfully shooing them away and turning around, grinning to his wife and telling her that he’d done it himself. He could imagine her rolling her eyes and hitting him on the arm before taking over. All of the banter between them and the teasing would be out of love and just because they took joy in annoying each other.

But then he could imagine them all sitting before the fire at Christmas, he holding her in his arms and watching their children making shreds out of perfectly formed wrapping paper and sharing worried looked about who would clean it up later. He could see himself smirking and grabbing a coat before ducking out of the door to make a snow man so he wouldn’t have to clean up. Just little things like that.

“You know that I would be very boring if there were no surprises right?” he asked, kissing her gently. “Plus, I’m sure if I didn’t amaze you with my talents and spontaneity then you’d be very, very bored of me.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:53 am

[To Scor: It's fine! Hope you're having a good holiday (:]

Ginevra had a feeling that him being late had been the cause of someone else, which definitely did make her with even a less of a reason to be mad if she had. Thankfully, he was in the clear and they could still start off alright. Looking at the dance floor, she thanked him for the returned compliment and then bit her lip as she debated this. The last dance she had was with Darren and she had stepped on his toes three times in one dance. Dare she try with another person who hadn't been warned of how clutsy she was? "Would you like to dance?" she asked, knowing that she wasn't as clusty due to the fact that she was now a werewolf, which had given her abilities she had only dreamed of beforehand. Not that she was happy with them. Thinking that if it happened once she would warn him, if not, she'd just be very careful and hope for the best.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:04 pm

Jaquel;ine stood in a corner of the hall she ahd only come because Jack had said he would meet her there or else she would have decided to stay in her room , feeling not quiet ready to become social yet. On her fingers sat once more Jacks ring her fingers brushing each stone it held andshe could not help but smile for inward she grinned and was happy even if pour ward she looked terified to death.

The music filled the room and she watched all the others dancing girlfreinds and there boys each smiling and happy , each held in each others arms and she thought back to when Jack preposed all those months ago at the spring ball , she had been so happy just as she wsa now this night her dress now hugging her figure the gloves making her handfs swaty inside , finally she decided to slip them off.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:17 pm

Khaat had almost decided not to come. She felt strange going to any sort of a ball without a date, but she changed her mind and decided to go after all. Maybe she'd meet either some friends there, or, if she was lucky, Professor Dent would be there.

She had chosen a form fitting emerald green gown, with spaghetti straps, done in green silk. It had a matching green silk wrap for her to cover her shoulders. She had chosen green emerald earrings--a rare switch for her to wear her emerald earrings rather than her standard tiny silver hoops. She had brought the wrap more for covering her necklace, in case it decided to misbehave around any werewolf students tonight.

She entered the great hall alone looking at the beautifully decorated ball.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Melody glided over to the banquet table, and took a paper plate. She cut herself a small slice of chocolate cake that was decoarated with green and red icing, and then poured herself a drink of butterbeer from the large bowl of it.

Melody glanced around to see if she could spot anyone she knew, but she couldn't.
Nontheless, the 1/4 Veela swayed on the spot along with the nice music that was playing.
Swarms of colourful fairies fluttered over her head, leaving a trail of glitter behind them. Melody smiled as the glitter floated over people's heads'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Arthur Severus Poe wrote:''Ne'Os was sent, well, he has been imprisoned in Azkaban, by the Ministry. I do not know why, so I cannot help you. I should check that with James.'', he replied, sighing. Ne'Os was a good student and a great wizard. It is sad that he has been sent to Azkaban. ''You know... being Head Boy allows me to send students to their Common Rooms when I want, but also to give some of them liberty to stay out, under my watch.'', he replied.

Mariana's eyes were wide opened as she listened about Ne"Os "He was sent to...Azkaban.But,but he didn't do anything...I think i'll have to check that." she said trying to remember if she had some sort of contact in the ministry. "Oh you mean staying out late.Well i had permission for that since i became quiditch captain.They had to give it to me so i can train at night sometimes. Though i don't wish to be punished either...I hope you are not planning something nasty." she said in a joking tone. "Oh yeah that reminds me...when is the next meeting of the order?" she asked as usually owl came 1 day before the meeting.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:35 pm

''Nothing nasty, Mariana. And you will not be punished. I, as a Head Boy, have to vouch for order in the Halls and there are William and James, or McCoy and Wilson, who will vouch for me, meaning us.'', he said with a smile. ''Next Order meeting? I am not sure, Wilson shall not appear there for a while because of the current situation and I think that Potter is waiting for the planned attack on the Death Eaters, which should be soon. Why do you ask?'', he asked finally.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Amelia watched as a series of emotions flickered across Elijah’s features, each one lingering just long enough to catch Amelia’s attention, but short enough to be considered fleeting. She could see from the way his eyes glazed over as he looked above her head – his height was never so apparent as when they were dancing – that he was lost in his thoughts, though where he went when he disappeared like this Amelia would never know. She knew that this was likely the frustration others felt about her when she slipped into her alternate reality where her solitude was acceptable.

Bemused by Elijah’s changing expressions, but getting nowhere on figuring out what they mean, Amelia dropped her eyes to his chest. Amelia had never thought much about the future, because she didn’t like to think about things she had very little control over. Yes, it was true that she had a type-A personality that sparked things like goal lists and “five-year plans”, but she knew that much of this would be in vain. She had read somewhere once that fate laughs at those who plan.

The future, although she didn’t like to admit it, was as unclear to Amelia as it was to everyone else. By working as hard as she did in class, obeying all her parents’ wishes, and living to meet everyone’s expectations, Amelia wanted to believe that she was guaranteeing herself a future that she could be proud of, but she was too much of a realist to fall under the delusion that there was any sort of guarantee of that. Everything she had done, all the time she had spent “bettering herself” by her mother’s wishes, all of it could be for naught. It was that uncertainty that prevented Amelia from seeing too far into the future. When she extrapolated from this moment into the unknown of the future, she could see only herself, standing alone in a shadowed scene, the edges and details blurred.

Logic really puts a damper on imagination, doesn’t it? Amelia’s mind prompted as the scene in her mind was brushed away by Elijah’s deep laughter, making his shoulders rise and fall. Whatever he was thinking about, it had brought a smile to his face, and this time the emotion lingered long enough for Amelia to imprint his expression on her mind.

Sometimes, when she looked at Elijah, Amelia was truly blown away by him. Truly, he was a handsome individual: his face was perfectly symmetrical, his complexion flawless. His dark hair fell in curtains around his face, giving him the look of a knight who had just removed his helmet after a battle, always just slightly in disarray from the number of times he ran his hand through it. His jaw line was straight and pronounced, and his eyes deeply set and dark, holding secrets Amelia was not sure she would ever know.

But more than all of this, Amelia was captivated by his smile. When Elijah smiled, his entire face changed. He seemed to glow from the inside, a light that, as far as she could remember, she had never seen in another individual. His smile came easily and often for no reason – at least from what she could tell – and for all that it puzzled her, Amelia would never have wished it gone. Elijah’s smile perplexed her because she could not understand from where it came, or why, but for once she did not resent that which she did not understand. Although he did not know it, Amelia basked in the glow of someone who seemed to be truly and unequivocally happy – the kind of happiness she was envious of, but never so much so that she would risk lowering her defenses to gain that same joy.

Amelia realized belatedly that she had been staring at Elijah while he was lost in his own thoughts, but she was able to compose herself as his eyes returned to hers, his words answering those she had accidentally let slip a few minutes before. Amelia rolled her eyes playfully at Elijah’s words, not believing for a moment that anyone would ever believe Elijah to be boring. The boy was many things, but dull he was not. As if to prove this to her, Elijah’s lips darted down to hers, pressing gently and only for a few seconds, but enough to make heat rise from Amelia’s abdomen all the way up to her face and neck.

He has a point, Amelia’s mind insisted, trying to pull her down from the floating sensation that seemed to be a package deal with Elijah’s kisses, If he were not talented or spontaneous, you likely would have learned to avoid him by now, like all the others. It is because he perplexes you that you continue to see him and put up with his encroachment on your solitude. He is like a puzzle you haven’t solved yet.

Wow, psychoanalyze much?
Amelia’s subconscious countered sarcastically.

Amelia smiled outwardly at her internal battle, one that she knew would forever rage. Logic and emotion were meant to exist mutualistically within a person, but Amelia was upsetting the balance by giving all power to one piece. But it seemed Elijah was intent on renegotiating the contract and splitting the power more evenly, a feat which Amelia still did not believe him capable of, though he was making one hell of an effort.

“Well I hope my lack of spontaneity has not become tiresome for you,” Amelia finally responded, smiling gently up at him even though she knew this could possibly be a legitimate concern, “Though you might have enough in you for both of us.”

“I have had a really nice time tonight,” Amelia said about a minute later as the song that had been playing ended, replaced by one of an equal tempo and rhythm so their swaying needn’t have ceased or changed. She was slightly embarrassed reflecting on the events of the evening and what had occurred between them, but her words were spoken honestly. It had been and would be a night to remember. “Thank you for accompanying me, and for the necklace. I will have to find some way to repay you for that.”
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:36 am

Despite her extreme antisocial personality, Coraline had to put in a showing at the Yule Ball. It was her duty, and someone had to be on the lookout for kids like Elijah and Sophia. Their conversation about how fun spiking the punch would be hadn't gone completely unnoticed and Coraline found herself confronted with an odd feeling of disappointment. Whatever happened to researching a really obscure potion a month before the ball and spiking the juice with something that would turn everyone's hair fluorescent green?

Nevertheless, she put a good face on things, and a good face on herself. Darkened lashes, smoky eyes and lips just a touch darker than their natural hue left her looking like she'd been sucking on a cherry lollypop just moments before she entered the Great Hall. Coraline's dress wasn't anything nearly so fancy as the girls wore, it was their night after all. Just a standard little black cocktail dress, with a cinched waist and floaty hemline. Her ballet flats meant she could dance all night if the whim took her without ever worrying about the pain or gravitational problems associated with those stacked platform heels everyone was wearing lately, too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Danny just stood and watched as the others danced almost perfectly. He even saw Andrian and his date. He couldn't recall her name as they had never met but nevertheless they danced fine. He sighed silently and then looked around some more. Man he was bored. He excused himself from Christy and Ana and went over to the snack table. Might as well have a few...whatever they were serving.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top