The Yule Ball - Page 17
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Yule Ball - Page 17 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Yule Ball

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Yule Ball - Page 17 Empty Re: The Yule Ball

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:06 pm

He took Mariana to the center of the room and bowed. ''Let us dance then. Yes, Shacklebolt has been removed and a Ministry official, that limping excuse for an Auror, Vincent Majere, took over. Sad. You know, each position is endangered in a way, all the professors have to prove themselves worthy, according to his words. And he is planning on ''improving'' the detention system. The only thing I am sure of is that McCoy and Wilson are going to stay, but are they going to keep their posts, that I do not know. Tough times lie ahead. Tell me, now that I have been appointed Head Boy, maybe we could meet more often?'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Elijah raised an eyebrow at Amelia and wondered what she meant. If someone points a wand at you, you still have no idea what you are up against. If you don’t know who your opponent is then you won’t be able to predict their movements or be able to tell which spells they favour. You wont know if they’re going to kill or leave you wounded and bleeding to death. That wasn’t something you could tell from just the way your opponent looked or how they held their wand. Their motives would be completely unclear until the impending duel began. You couldn’t just sit down over a cup of tea and ask them what exactly were they going to do. You couldn’t plot out what was going to happen and sort out a winner. It just didn’t work that way.

Whatever happened to constant vigilance anyway? That was something Alastor Moody swore by. If you knew who you were up against then you could find out just who that person was and who they were. But would you have the time when that specific person was pointing a wand at your head? No you wouldn’t. You’d have to constantly be aware and expect the unexpected. Make plans for the inevitable - that one day your iron clad defences wouldn’t be up for the fight anymore.

“Then why don’t people try to understand what they don’t?” Elijah asked. “They would fear it if they just tried to understand.”

Elijah couldn’t quite grasp irrational fear. If you were scared of something at least have a reason to be. If you were scared of spiders then all you had to do was crush them. If you had a fear of heights you didn’t go up on tall buildings. If you had an extreme phobia of walnuts then you didn’t go near them. It wasn’t hard, people just had to be serious with themselves.

Elijah stood up and leaned down beside Amelia’s chair. He kissed her chastely on the lips and smirked at her. He wondered how clustered he could get this girl in one night but he didn’t want to push her to far - even if he did want to annoy her to no end. Eli curled a piece of hair behind Amelia’s ear and smiled. “Come on, beautiful. Lets go and dance before the night ends.”

(I had some issues trying to come up with replies so that’s what I’ve got. A load of rubbish but it’s a post! Majere said you were going to kill me if I didn’t post and although that’s Miseria’s job I wouldn’t be too happy.)
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 am

((I doubt very much that I would kill you. But hassle you until you posted… likely.))

Amelia’s eyes were still trained on her fingernails when Elijah’s response came, for once taking on a rational and practical tone. It was this that brought Amelia’s eyes up to his, trying to read in them what could have produced such an answer in a boy she had come to think of as an undying optimist. Where Elijah was usually a fanciful romantic, his answer to her words was instead the type of rational response she would have given if posed with the same question.

How did this happen? Amelia wondered, trying to find the answer in Elijah’s dark eyes, but finding nothing. Somehow, their roles had been reversed, and instead of having all the answers and giving curt responses, Amelia was asking the questions that had no answers, and thinking about paradoxes that had no firm resolutions.

Why didn’t she just try to understand that which was foreign to her? Well, mostly because she feared emotions, and to her this was not an irrational fear. Emotions were dangerous: they came in all shapes and sizes, were unpredictable, and revealed all your vulnerabilities. Wearing emotions on your sleeve – or anywhere they could be seen, for that matter – was like an invitation for exploitation. Amelia defended and stifled her more emotional side because she didn’t want to take the risk of being hurt.

At least when someone pointed a wand at your head, you knew going in that it would be bad. In relationships, you go in with hope. There is a flame, no matter how small, that stands the chance of being snuffed out later on. It is this hope that makes the fall from grace hurt so much – you believed in something, and it was taken from you. It is like a repeated lesson that believing simply isn’t enough.

Amelia wanted to find a response to Elijah’s words, but she didn’t know how to settle on an answer when her thoughts were so scattered and unfocused themselves. Because of her hesitation, Elijah did not wait for her response, as she was growing accustomed to him doing. She was thankful, once again, that he was okay with her non-response as he stood up, the quick peck on the lips making colour bloom to Amelia’s face. Although she had taken down the last of the barriers between his lips and hers, each time he crossed the rubble now still made her squirm.

Smiling nervously – It’s just a kiss, what have you got to be nervous about? – Amelia felt her cheeks heat up as Elijah tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, that charming smile winning her over in spite of herself. The thoughts of emotional harm and risk chased away until another time, Amelia took Elijah’s hand and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor once more.

The song which had been playing ended just as the pair of them reached the floor, a much slower one coming on afterward. It was too slow even to waltz to, more the sort of song that was intended only to be swayed to. Accepting this – and for lack of anything else to do now that they were out here – Amelia turned to Elijah and draped her arms over his shoulders, clasping her arms around his neck. There was bend in her elbows, allowing for slightly less than the socially acceptable amount of distance between her and the young man who had managed to confuse her more than any other – muggle or magical – ever had before.

“There really is no end to the surprises with you, is there?” Amelia asked abruptly, not realizing until she had said it that she had even been thinking it. Once it had been said, though, she realized how true it was. Since the moment they had met in the owlery, Elijah had been a series of eyebrow-raising moments, keeping Amelia utterly perplexed and off balance.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Ginevra Malenki wrote:

Standing where she was, it wasn't long before she saw Scor entered. Truth be told, it was really long instead. Not angry, she was patient enough and she wasn't the biggest party-peson, therefore wasn't concerned on how much of the music she had missed out on. Walking over to him, she smiled. "There you are." enfolding her arms around him, she gave him a quick hug and pulled back, waiting to see what he was going to say. Adding, "You look good." to the end of her sentence, she was content.

((sorry, was away for Christmas Sad I might not post tommorow or the day after, but will after that. )

Scorpius was glad to see that she didn't seem angry at all. Relieved, he returned her smile as she walked over to him. As she had said, she wasn't wearing heels, unlike nearly everyone else in the hall. But Scorpius didn't really mind. "Thanks. You look great too," Scorpius replied, and he really meant it. Usually he would just say it as a compliment, but she really did look fabulous. "Yeah, I'm sorry I'm late, I thought the ball was starting now." Thats what his friends had told him anyway, they liked to joke around, even though their jokes weren't really funny at all.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 710
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Andrian smiled and dragged her, carefully onto the dancing floor. "I try to be," he smiled at her when she said for that she love him even more. "I love you too, sweetie," as he put one of his hand on her hip while the other one locked through her fingers as they both started to dance, slowly to the song. When she said that she was glad that she went with that dress, which wasn't as perfect as the the one when they met. "It doesn't matter what you wear, you look beautiful in any dress. It won't stop me from loving you."

Belle nodded her head, "This is true." She agreed then let herself be caught up with the music and swirling around gracefully in Andrian's arms. Finally something slower came on and she stepped even closer laying her head on his chest.

"I think I could learn to like this." She teased.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Melody Power gazed at her relection in her full-body mirror by her bed. Her blue-green eyes were carefully outlined with black eye-liner, and her full lips were a glossy pink. Her silvery blonde hair had been twisted up into an elegant bun, held in place with a diamond butterfly clip. She's received the accessory earlier that week from her mother in Ireland.

Melody's dress wasn't anything flashy. It was simple, slim and lavendar. Her mother had always told her that part-Veela's should always wear simple clothing. It apparently boosted their beauty. Plus, the dress was cheap, so Melody won both ways.

As she glided down the staircase on her silver heels, Melody couldn't help but feel a bit awkward. She would be attending the ball alone. She had been asked, but she knew the guys who'd asked her would only use her as some sort of accessory.

She took in a deep breath of air, and walked through the doors of the Great Hall. A few people glanced up from their food, or while they were dancing, and she saw a small group of gossiping girls immediately chat about why she wasn't with a guy.
Melody held her head up high and glided along, trying to quickly find someone to talk to, or find something to do.

(Dress:
Spoiler:
)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Arthur Severus Poe wrote:He took Mariana to the center of the room and bowed. ''Let us dance then. Yes, Shacklebolt has been removed and a Ministry official, that limping excuse for an Auror, Vincent Majere, took over. Sad. You know, each position is endangered in a way, all the professors have to prove themselves worthy, according to his words. And he is planning on ''improving'' the detention system. The only thing I am sure of is that McCoy and Wilson are going to stay, but are they going to keep their posts, that I do not know. Tough times lie ahead. Tell me, now that I have been appointed Head Boy, maybe we could meet more often?'', he asked.

Mariana put her right hand on Arthur's shoulder and put herself in the dancing position. "My pleasure! Yeah i know.We have a lot of aurors on Hogwarts nowdays.I think that there are some thongs that the ministry is not telling us.They are protecting us though i am not sure from who or what.Some logic explenation probably exsists.You could call me paranoic,but it just has sense to me." said Mariana as they moved through the dance floor. "You are a Head Boy!?" she asked surprised.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Arthur started dancing. ''Well... there is a threat, I am not sure how much I can say, but there is a threat and you... well... just keep your eyes open. You never know.'', he said. He then looked at her. ''Yes, I have been made Head Boy. I do not know why and how, well, I know how, but why? Beats me. Wilson just called me one day and said that I am now Head Boy. The reason... he trusts me the most. That is it. Why are you so surprised?'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Mariana knew the former Head Boy.It was some kind of her friend. "I always am.I sleep with my eyes wide open." she said in a joking tone. "No no it's not that think you're not good for it just what happened to Ne'Os?I could swear i read something about him,but i can't remember.But congratulations Arty i am sure you're going to put order.But i can't seem to understand what does your post have to do with seing me more often?I don't remember being a Head Girl...just can't find some logic to it." she said thinking.Seemed like a riddle to her.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:57 pm

''Ne'Os was sent, well, he has been imprisoned in Azkaban, by the Ministry. I do not know why, so I cannot help you. I should check that with James.'', he replied, sighing. Ne'Os was a good student and a great wizard. It is sad that he has been sent to Azkaban. ''You know... being Head Boy allows me to send students to their Common Rooms when I want, but also to give some of them liberty to stay out, under my watch.'', he replied.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top