Ginevra's house. - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ginevra's house. - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ginevra's house.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ginevra's house. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ginevra's house.

Post by Ginevra Malenki Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:59 am

Ginevra did know Darren, just not nearly as well as he knew her. See- the thing was, Ginevra hadn't ever opened up to him, it was just the fact that the more time they had spent together (which was daily, almost every night and day since neither of them seemed to have a healthy sleeping pattern) the more oppotunities that came for him to see what was really going on within her head, and to get to know how she really was, even if she didn't show it. With Darren, he was more hidden than her, and that, well, that was saying a hell of a lot. She would say that out of everybody else, she could guess his actions and thoughts more than anyone else. Whether or not that was true, she didn't know. All she knew was that a lot of things she did guess right, she didn't acknowledge everytime in the past for the better of certain things. Waiting for his answer, she had started to fidget. Her hands were moving up and down her thighs slowly, rubbing against the material on her jeans. Rolling her eyes at him, 'don't be stupid' was something anyone could say and really, it wouldn't work most of the time becaues she didn't consider it stupid to go and get her mother if she was in danger. It was the right thing to do, as she was after all a blood family realitive. Deciding it was better not to respond to that, she just kept her words for what was said next. "That is such a lie." Ginevra responded, as she knew how much he didn't care about her family. He had even said it in the past when she had first disappeared. If she hadn't known him well, she would have believed him too, as he wasn't the type that Ginevra could just read the facial expressions from, even if she was abnoramly good at it to start off with.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 am

Darren understood that Gin would want to rescue her mother regardless of the danger. Even he, of all people, would risk his own safety to save any member of his family. His family had been the people he had loved the most, and would of done anything for them. He wouldn't risk himself for his friends, they were a different matter, but he probably would for Gin. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he liked her as more than just a friend. Preferring to stay alone, Darren had probably spent time with Gin more than any other person, and thats why he knew her so well.

Unfortunately, she knew him quite well too, and could tell he was lying. He sort of had expected that, but that didn't stop him from getting annoyed. Still, there wasn't much else he could do now, so he would just try to persuade her. "Its not a lie," he argued, pretending to be angry, which wasn't hard, as he was quite irritated with her. "I might not care much about your family, in fact, I don't at all. But I do care about you, your my friend, and friends help each other right?" Well most friends did, he didn't really.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:51 am

Having placed a somewhat scowl on her face, she didn't like being lied to at all. Of course, it was Darren and most of the time she shouldn't have even expected a lie, but she knew that lately wasn't the same as before. Before he rarely would have lied unless he thought it was for the better, even if it hurt her with whatever news it was. Now he seemed to lie about anything, just because he could. Keeping her cool, the sad part was that she was unable to stay mad at him for a long period of time. It just wasn't in her system. Anger was barley in her system, truthfully, as her emotions ran free lately and every single one of them was just tired of being overused and tampered with on her own accord without being able to control them. Sure, her pills were to help with this but she didn't like them, therefore she never took them. Ginevra saw them as a way to change who she was. This was probably something she had never told Darren either- her diganosis with Bi Polar. She had always just had people believe she was moody for no reason, which of course some people had linked to her period coming around the teenage years, but other than that she was fine with people just saying it was how she was. After all, it was, wasn't it?

Eyes leveled on him, the sense of irritation was noted but she ignored it once more. Acknowledging it was pointless as it was very easy to get him like this. Or at least for Ginevra it was easy. Like mentioned before, it was one of her personal talents: annoying Darren Riddle. "They do help each other, yes, but that doesn't mean you'd risk your own ass to save her. You don't care that much." Being persistant with her case, she wasn't going to give up on knowing he was lying unless he came up with something real darn good to get himself out of the lie. She was paying close attention to his words so that she would be able to point out if he tried to fib once again. It was just so much easier to do this herself! But he was right. If she was seen nothing good could come from it. Not only was she 'wanted' now, but she was hated for being a werewolf. It seemed half-breeds were on the rador with some new group she could care less about, nevermind pay attention to the name they had given themselves.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:19 am

Darren could tell she wasn't believing a word he said, not surprising. It was odd how she could always tell he was lying or not, no one else could. Darren had practiced occlumency well, yet he was hopeless at lying to her. It was odd, and annoying. Unlike her, he was getting more angry with her by the minute. She was bent on putting herself in danger, as far as he was convinced, her going to find her mother was nothing more than a suicide mission. Not only were the Death Eaters still looking for her, now the new group, the CoL as they called themselves, were after her as well. As she was a werewolf now. She probably didn't care about this new problem much, she clearly underestimated them.

"Wow, you sure have a high opinion of me," Darren said, with a slight smile. Still, she was right, he wouldn't save her if it meant risking his own life. She knew him through and through, and he realized now there really was no point lying to her. She was as stubborn as people got, and there was no point tryint to make her think sensibly. "Well, evidently, you do not need my help then. I'll still try to find word of your mother if I can, though, as you said, I probably won't be noble or selfless enough to save her." Shrugging, he let the subject drop, there wasn't anything more to discuss really. He was still worried that she might kill herself trying to find her mother, but really, he couldn't do anything about it. "So, how has hogwarts been?" Darren asked casually, changing the subject.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:03 am

It was true. Ginevra did underestimate the power and skill that the COL group had, but she also wouldn't lose faith in herself keeping safe until she really had too. As far as she saw it, giving up meant that she was weaker. Once again, anything in her mind that could make her weak had to be gone against. She was just the type of girl who couldn't have someone else carrying her. Ginevra preferred to be the carrier, or else just neither. What she found typical was that when she had asked herself what else could go wrong, she was attacked by the werewolf. After that, she literally had a target on her back from so many people. It was like she was meant to go down in her teenage years; not that she was going to let it happen, or live in fear. Until her last moment, Ginevra was determined to just stay as happy as she could and live on, doing whatever she could. She wasn't almighty, she did know eventually something would go more wrong than ever. Darren just had to accept that she was thinking this way, not that she would actually tell him everything she was thinking. Most of it, he could probably guess anyways. That was the part that got to her.

As it seemed, Darren was going to an end with the topic by concluding with the truth. Finally! Nodding, at least he wasn't going back at her. It would make it a lot easier to actually go knowing he had dropped it. While she did whatever she had too, Ginevra would just think 'He let his guard down, I can't be that useless.' to keep courage, as if anything or anyone could give her the boost it was him. "couldn't even say that the first time." she murmured to herself before continuing louder. "My opinion on you wont get any higher either, so i'm glad you're happy about that." her tone was sarcastic as her eyes rolled. It was so typical of him to take something that wasn't so good of an observation as, well, the opposite. Making a noise, she wasn't too pleased with this new subject but she let it off with a sigh. Running her fingers through her hair before letting it drop again, she casually responded. "Topher's back." she informed him, thinking back to when she had at least seen him. "So I have him. There's also another boy, but you wouldn't know him.." that part was a lie. Darren knew Scor, but she knew Scorpius preferred people not to know they were friends. She was hoping to just get him past that sooner or later. "As for classes, i'm the same as always." Shrugging, she wasn't struggling in the least bit. "How's life.. in hell?'
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:47 pm

Darren could understand why she didn't think much of the Confederacy with the ministry and the Death Eaters after her. After all, there leader hadn't even graduated. Still, Darren didn't underestimate them anymore, not after being attacked by them. An incident that had happened just yesterday, but one that he didn't bother mentioning to Gin, as she would be worried for no reason, and might somehow blame it upon herself. So really, the CoL were dangerous, but stupid, as Darren wasn't even a half breed. Not only that, but he disliked half-breeds. He wasn't exactly sure why, he had just been brought up to think that way.

Darren didn't really understand why he had bothered arguing with her in the first place. He remembered at Hogwarts, they always had many arguments, and they all ended by him just dropping them. There was no point arguing with someone so stubborn, yet he did anyway, to try to make her do something sensible. He always seemed to fail though.

Clearly, she didn't like the change in topic much. Which wasn't overly surprising, Ginevra had never really liked Hogwarts. Unlike Darren. Though he had disliked it when he was there, he was missing it like hell now, though then again, he was spending most of his time at Malfoy Manor now. You could never really appreciate what you had until you lost it. "Thats.. good I guess," Darren said, shrugging. He knew Topher relatively well, the two weren't exactly what you'd call friends, but Darren disliked him way less than Freddy. "Another boy? Who would that be?" Darren asked casually. He didn't like any of Ginevra's guy friends, and usually, those were all the friends she had. Darren smiled slightly at the way she referred to Malfoy Manor. "Well, obviously, its not good. But then again, it was my own choice," he replied with a shrug. In a way, it made life more interesting. Because, really, what would he do if he wasn't with the Death Eaters? Because of Dae, he couldn't do anything else.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:29 am

If Ginevra were to ever find out that someone had hurt the person she cared most for in her life, she'd go balistic. She was very protective and hated when she wasn't there to just protect. Sure, half of the time they could take care of themself (especially since 99.9% of the time the person being attacked was Darren, out of her close friends anyway) it didnt matter to her. The nature she had grown up to know was to not judge how well they were doing because some people were good actors at showing they were strong but breaking down peice by peice each second that passed. Not telling her was probably the best idea for now but if she were to find out from someone else, it would take an even worse toll. In her mind, everything that he choose not to tell her was worse than it could have been explained. Otherwise why would he keep it from her? It didn't click in this blondes mind that it would be her known reaction of over-reacting.

Everyone seemed to think that she was nuts for not liking Hogwarts. She didn't know why it was this way either. Ginevra had never felt at home in the building, or in any building nearly. Now-a-days that was the case but back in her childhood the house she still had was the one she had always looked too. Now, outside was home. She wasn't homeless, no, since the other house was easily accessable. She just preferred to stay away from it. Knowing that she should have known better than to mention it, oh well- what was the harm in saying that it was Scorpius? It wasn't like he was harmful or anything.. hopefully he just didn't feel the same way he did towards Scor that he did for Freddy. Never before had she understood why he hated him so much! All she ever heard was that Freddy had a thing for her, etc, as well as him being annoying. Other than those two things, Darren had always seemed to steer clear from conversation about the guy.

Topher he didnt mind, it seemed, but it wasn't like he was one to enjoy when she mentioned him. Why? She was left without reasoning. "Scorpius Malfoy. And yes, it is a good thing." she replied, half smiling. He had been cheering her up and other than the admitting he too had a crush on Ginevra, nothing had been out of the ordinary between them. Things were still just how she preferred them. Clearly not pleased with the idea of him going back to the Death Eaters willingly, she just didn’t get it! ”So it’s hell with the amateur devils? How pleasant.” pausing, she started to fidget with her fingers, looking down at them as she took this moment to rule what she was thinking over. ”Why..why are you back?” Returning her dark eyes to him, she waited for the response she prayed would be truthful. By back she had meant with the Death Eaters, not here where she was. Though she was curious about that one too as she didn't yet have it clear- especially since he hadn't exactly given her a 100 percent clear answer.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:33 am

He wasn't entirely sure why he hated Freddy. It had been jealousy first, but eventually he stopped caring about that. Perhaps it was just Freddy's personality, Darren had never really liked him, he was annoying. Still, it didn't really matter, Darren hadn't seen Freddy for a year or so, even at Hogwarts he constantly disappeared. As for Topher, Darren just treated him how he treated everyone else, it wasn't dislike or anything, that was just how he was. Still, he knew that both Freddy and Topher liked Gin, and that was probably one reason for him disliking them both, he wasn't going to admit that though. Anyways, it was the same with Gin. She didn't like any girls who were his friends, Alesy for example. Another person he hadn't seen for a long time.

As soon as she said the name, Darren groaned. Seriously, it took an exceptional amount of stupidity to go and do something like that. Scorpius Malfoy?! No wonder she hadn't said his name before. Darren knew Scorpius a bit, he had been in his house at Hogwarts, and was at Malfoy Manor as well, not surprising, considering it was his house. The one thing good about him was that he wasn't as evil as Sue, but you never know. He was a Death Eater after all. "You know, everytime I expect that you can't do something stupider than you have already done, you prove me wrong," Darren said with a sigh. "Do you know he's a death eater? Do you always have to put yourself in such unnecessary danger?" He wasn't exactly sure why it was dangerous, but it wasn't good for her to be hanging around with people like that.

She hadn't exactly worded her question greatly, but he got what she was asking. It was something that would make most people surprised. After all, he had only previously been in the Death Eaters because of Voldemort. "Tell me, what else would I do? Sure, I would have loved to get a job in the ministry and all, but with Dae as minister, I can hardly do anything like that," he replied with a shrug. Dae was obsessed with arresting Darren, he had already listed him as a known Death Eater. "I can't go anywhere else, so I just joined them again. And I guess it's quite important to see what their up to as well." That was still not the entire reason, but he didn't feel a need to tell her everything.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Not once had Ginevra ever compared Darren's dislike for Topher and Freddy to be the same as her's for Alesy. There was something about the girl that she had never liked. Beyond the jealousy, she was too.. mysterious almost. The girl was faint in Ginevra's mind these days, not coming around but it was true a majority of the dislike was because she was, and still occasionally could be, jealous of the girl. She was the only one who had ever 'caught' Darren's heart and been able to recieve it back. She had never told Darren this, but he did know she was jealous. Ginevra herself wasn't too good at hiding jealously since she was rarely that. These days were the past, and so was she- Ginevra really wished to keep it like that. It was harsh to say, but she didn't miss Alesy and the drama with that.

Fighting back the urge to roll her eyes, there wasn't any danger in Scorpius. She had been friends with him ever since the year began and honestly, he hadn't done anything to even strike out of the ordinary. She had even asked him why he hadn't left the Death Eaters if he didn't enjoy it, though the answer was obvious- the headquarters was his house, where else would he go? Leaving this all out, a shurg rolled off of her shoulders. "I am aware that he is a Death Eater. How is that being stupid, though? Scor is harmless." pausing, she was being brave adding the next part. "He asked me to the Yule Ball.. I think i'm going to go." spending time with the guy, if he was so called 'dangerous' was another stupid move in Darren's mind, no doubt. What else was she supposed to do? Hide out near the lake the next two years? Ginevra wouldn't complain if she could, life was short though so if she couldn't have fun at least once, what was the point? You could easily see she had a very low-level of excitement towards the thing that was life to begin with. Moving her hair behind her ear, she let it fall back into place naturally.

Looking at him carefully now, her eyes didn't leave his because to her, it wasn't uncomfortable to have eye contact with another- or at least not with him. Others it could be, just because if the conversation wasn't good it caused some sort of weird tension or unease. "You never give in because of some obstacle." she observed, though this one was a decent sized one, considering the fact that she could catch onto why Dae being minister would cause some trouble. With Voldemort gone, they wanted all Death Eaters to be put away to elimanate any potential uprises. Who wouldn't? Ginevra wasn't sure if she was on the list, but even if she was, there wasn't too much of a difference made- she was on several lists these days, none exactly surprising or anything. Being on the lists she was couldn't be considered an accomplishment since some were life-threatening. Catching the last part, her eyebrows rose. "Why would it be so important to keep tabs? It's not like they're going to take over something you're for. After all, you're not exactly for anything." Ginevra knew him well, so she was persisting the fact that she knew something was being hid from her, or else just not mentioned. She had a thing for being nosy, as she worried when she didn't know everything. Though knowing Darren well and being able to pick out these points wasn't always a good thing these days.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 am

Darren was pretty sure that part of why Ginevra had hated Alesy had been because of jealousy, like why he had disliked Freddy. Still she wouldn't admit that, so there was no point bringing that up. He had almost completely forgotten about Alesy after all, she had just popped up in his mind at that point. They had after all, hardly seen each other for a year. Yes, he had had a short lasting relationship with her, but that was in the past, a past where Darren had far less problems and worries. He had been happier then though, when he was too ignorant to deal with all the problems he had then.

Another thing about Ginevra, she seemed to trust everyone in the world, blindly, stupidly. Except Darren of course, she never trusted him, well, in his opinion anyways. Darren was not like that, he didn't trust anyone, not even Ginevra, who was the closest person to him. His belief was that human beings could never be perfect, they could make mistakes, they could betray you. So how could you trust them? For Darren, he didn't know enough about Scorpius to say that he was even remotely trust worthy. He did know he was a death eater, whether he was being forced or not. That just showed he was a coward as well. "He may be harmless, but he's being forced to be a death eater isn't he? Doesn't that mean he could be forced to do other stuff as well?" he inquired. When she informed him that she was going to the Yule Ball with him, Darren's eyes narrowed. And here he was thinking she couldn't do more stupider things. He was also growing more curious as to what her relationship with Scorpius was. "Your going to the ball with a death eater," Darren rephrased, glaring at her sternly. "Look, get one thing in your mind. This guy, is a Malfoy, and you know what Malfoys do? They save their own skins first. If someone blackmails or threatens Scorpius, he could do anything to you, so stay cautious. For your own sake if not for mine."

Now that she was looking directly at him, Darren broke eye contact by looking away, towards the window instead. He felt uncomfortable when she was looking directly at him, though he could not explain why. "I'm hardly going to allow myself to be arrested," Darren replied with a shrug. The odd thing was, Darren had always wanted to leave the Death Eaters when he was forced to be in them, now that he didn't have to, he had joined again. It wasn't like he was connected to them or anything, but he was interested in what they were doing. "Circumstances led me to join them. As I said, firstly for protection. Secondly... well, never mind. Its not like you tell me your business, I don't see a reason for you to know mine," he said coolly, suddenly getting annoyed at her nosiness.

------------------------------

yup, I know its been 2 weeks. Razz
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top