Ginevra's house. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ginevra's house. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ginevra's house.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ginevra's house. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ginevra's house.

Post by Ginevra Malenki Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:01 am

The way Darren had stated what he did definitely had not been the right way to do it. What she did get was the fact that he had a life too. He always had been the one who had more to do than just being around hanging with her. She never had unless Freddy or Topher were around, as they were her only other friends. It was still that way and she wouldn't change it for the world. She didn't really like having friends, they were usually just there and especially with hers, they tended to be backstabbers who screwed you over. Getting involved with that wasn't exactly what she wanted to do. Right now, it was true. Ginevra was a little emotionally unstable but she hadn't changed. She still wasn't overly emotional, as Darren seemed to be getting her as, just without him in her life she was having to pick up the peices that she didn't get. Confusion was taking over but she was getting to be just who she was as time passed. "It wasn't like it was hard, as it's not like I transformed or anything, but I don't really want to comment on you being here when I need you. Those are rare times and you should know better than anyone else how long it can take to get over family dying." He was not the only one who was making her in the emotional state she found herself in. The loss was getting to her too. She wasn't sure how to handle it because she blamed every single one of them on herself- even if her mothers death wasn't comfirmed with a body. Since she had been missing for over four months meant that something bad had happened. Ginevra had gone looking for her too and she had came up with nothing. When she could, she would go looking again but her hopes weren't high. Determination was allt hat had her going to still search as time passed by. Having noticed his irriation at her easily, she had was content with just sitting here and looking towards him. Him being annoyed at her was the farthest thing from being unnatural. It seemed she was able to get under his skin without even saying things most days.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Gin had really done nothing but complain to him since he had come there and Darren was really getting tired of it. He was surprised to see how uncomfortable he actually was in her presence now. He hadn't ever felt like this with her before, he still remembered how good friends they had been at Hogwarts during his 5th and 6th years before she had needlessly complicated things. Darren knew he wasn't being a really good friend to her right now but he was going through a lot himself and the fact was that Gin really had to grow up. "You can't always expect me to be there for you Gin, expecially not now, so get used to it," he said shortly. He had graduated, and she was still at Hogwarts 9 months out of 12 so she couldn't expect to see him much. "I know your sister died and all.. but these bad happen in these times and you can't do anything about it," he said. "And while were on the subject, are you sure that your mother passed away? She may have been kidnapped..." He doubted it, but it was a possibility, Gin was just assuming the worst.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Ginevra sighed and just lied backwards, looking up at the roof to clear her head. Getting up, she turned to him. "Do you want anything?' she asked, waiting before walking to the kitchen and getting a glass of water. Draining it, she looked down into the drink and closed her eyes. She had to at least give him a chance but no matter how much she wanted too, she was just overwhelmed more than she had been ever before. This was most likely the break point in her life and she wasn't aware of the fact either. "You are right." she agreed as she came back, looking at him for once not in her own little world. "You're not the type to stick around when anyone needs you. I think I may have always known that too, I just didn't want to believe it. Now Hogwarts is passing slowly and believe me, i'm trying to let go for your sake. Making it so you can just get what you want, no longer having me in your life at all to be a pain on your shoulder. " Ginevra knew she was a pain, she always had been. It was like a habit in some ways and at points in the past she had been a pain just to annoy the guy in front of her. Those were the better days where he actually had been almost like a different person. Either way, Ginevra was Ginevra and she wouldn't give up. That did not mean she was lying though, as she wasn't, but urg. She just didn't know how to deal with herself. She wasn't sure who she was interally. It was sort of like she had always needed someone to tell her who she was, or at least be there so that she could keep her act up. All she knew was how she felt when facing situations. Underneath all of that, she knew nothing. Ginevra really didn't think Ravenclaw was ever the right house for her. "Next to notice that will be Topher." she muttered to herself, shaking her head as she mentally slapped herself. She had always been a little too hard when facing little facts. Leaning forward so that her elbows were upon her knees, she paused. "I've gone looking. I was looking for her at the time I was attacked." she told him this now instead of so many months before when she had first told him. Feeling her arm with her finger casually, she knew exactly where every mark on her body was. She hated saying she had been at the wrong spot at the wrong time was for nothing, but it wasn't. Looking for her mother, finding her or not, was never pointless. Family was something real important to her. Having her mom come back would just be some sort of messed up miracle she could never even imagine.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Darren had several friends, but they all knew that he was not a good person, they all knew he wouldn't come to their help if it meant endangering his own. Ginevra obviously didn't, though then again, Darren had always treated her better than his other friends. But now she had to fend for herself and she couldn't keep relying on him to be there for her. "Water would be good," he requested, glad she had asked. He had traveled quite a lot and was quite thirsty now. When she came back, he saw some understanding in her eyes. However, her telling him that he wasn't the type to stick around when someone needed him was going a little to far, he narrowed his eyes but stayed silent. After all, he had always been there for her when he had been at Hogwarts, always. He had even been there with her when her sister had died even though it was really of no concern to him. Still, it didn't really matter if she had forgotten all that or not, in fact, it was better if she did. He just wanted her to forget about him and move on with her life. "Well now you know," he said stiffly. As for her mother, well Darren still doubted whether she was alive or not, and didn't care too much either, having never actually met her, but he sure could check. "I can check on your mother if you want, I'm still in the death eaters, to gain inside information about them, so I could check really easily if they kidnapped her or not," he offered, shrugging.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:22 am

Though Darren had indeed been there always at Hogwarts, that didn't mean that he was still. Right there was exactly why she had said what she had. Apart of her had always known that he would just want to get away eventually, she had just hoped otherwise. Putting ice in the cup, she filled the glass and then handed it back over to him once she was back in the room. Travelling a lot with Darren in the past, she was aware that it wasn't exactly easy to find stuff you needed. "Anything to eat?" she asked, just to double check he hadn't been starving himself. It seemed to be a Darren thing. Everything unhealthy was a Darren thing, actually; or at least that was how Ginevra had always stated it. Freezing in place, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. He was in the Death Eaters again. Shaking her head, she hated this. How could she just try and forget him if now she would worry! Ginevra tended to be some type of "worry wart" without knowing it most of the time. It was a sort of motherly sense even towards few people, Darren being one of those. He had never liked it, or at least if he did at some points never had he showed it. That hadn't stopped her though- nothing stopped Ginevra, as she hated being controlled with more than all her might. "It would be great if you could, but don't. I know you're well aware that it'd be dangerous, and you can't say it's not as I was one too but i'll just find a way to do it myself." not only did it now give her a chance to see if her mother was there, but just check on Darren- that part she had to make sure to leave out, of course. For the most part it was just so that she could have at least a reassurance. Getting close to anything would be harder than last time though, especially given the circumstances of what she now had become.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 pm

"No," he replied, quite ungraciously. Taking the glass without a word of thanks, he drained it quickly and gave it back. Watching her reaction at hearing that he was still a Death Eater, despite the fact that Voldemort was gone, Darren realized he had said the wrong thing. Not only was she probably quite horrified about it, he could already see she was worrying about him. Darren gritted his teeth angrily, it was an annoying thing with Ginevra, she, who was always in danger herself, continuosly worried about him. He could take care of himself, as he had shown numerous times before, she couldn't and that was why Darren had usually worried about her a lot. In fact, he still did, and part of the reason for his visit was to reassure himself that she was still safe, she was still possibly being hunted by the Death Eaters after all. Evidently, their friendship was far more strained and less close than before, but that still didn't change Darren's feelings for her. She was still the person he cared most about, maybe the only person he actually did care about now. "It would not be too dangerous actually, the Death Eaters are actually quite pathetic without the Dark Lord," he replied, shrugging. It wasn't totally a lie, of course there was still a risk in it, but not as much as it would have been before. "Just do me a favor and don't go yourself. Obviously you'll just fail again." She would just get into more trouble, she was a danger magnet after all.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Shrugging, she wasn't exactly listening for a thanks or anything. Sitting down, if she even once heard his stomach growl she would, naturally, force feed him all that she could whether he liked it or not. She had always been that way and definitely would not let him leave if it were to happen. Darren and Ginevra were pretty evenly matched magic wise, though he was slightly better depending on what they were doing. Deciding not to mention that she would feed him if his stomach growled, it was better to not give him warning. "Like you haven't used that one on me before." she replied, shaking her head. Ginevra couldn't judge how dangerous it was since she wasn't there, but she did know that either they were really good or getting worse. She had only seen one Death Eater in the last two weeks. That was because on of the 'either' options. One being that they were worse and just were too dimwittned to find her in plain sight or the second option being that they were so skilled she was left clueless. Never would she believe it was the second one but still- she wouldn't tell Darren that, as everything was too dangerous for him; even if it was something managable for him. If Darren had to be have said she couldn't take care of herself outloud, she would have argued. Ginevra had made it through the Tournament without help from others and won so there was no way she could have done that without knowing what wasn't safe.. or at least that was what she could say, as she had come into tight spots here and there. Of course, that had to be normal- right? That was what she had always told herself since the tournament ended. "Why would I ever go myself?' she asked, her tone innocent but her eyes the opposite. They sparkled with a sign of mischef. It was seriously like he read her mind, as she hadn't directly said she'd go in and do it physically. With magic, there was severeal ways to do something- of course, she had meant physically doing it herself, but still- that was beyond the point. She probably would have even listened to him, though he had ruined it by saying 'again.' Ginevra HATED when people didn't think she could do something. Exactly that was what lead her to usually doing the dumb and the reckless.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:48 am

Darren rolled his eyes at her stubborness. He always knew that she was an extremely stubborn person, but sometimes she could go to a limit that would shock any normal person. Other people would just not argue with her, but Darren always did. After all, why would he be lying about the dangers? And had he ever really been harmed while doing much more dangerous stuff than finding out if her mother was kidnapped? Of course not, it was always her who always got in danger wherever she went and dragged others in along with her. And despite her being very good at magic, she got hurt one way or another. Darren sighed at her reply, he realized he had said the wrong thing when he said she would fail again. That would just make her more determined, it had been rather stupid of him. He changed tactics. "You know, its very selfish of you, not to mention stupid. But I guess you don't really care, you can't seem to understand that other people may be concerned about you, or you don't care that they are," he replied trying to make her feel guilty. "If you try to find her, you'll just get into more danger, you were lucky to survive the last time," he said. Though she may not think she was extremely lucky, depending on how much she hated being a werewolf. Some people would rather have chosen death. "So if you get killed trying to rescue your mother, then I find her afterwards, considering she's alive, imagine how guilty she would feel to know that she caused her daughters death," he said, quite bluntly. "So please, try not to do anything stupid..." He was in fact, just very concerned about Gin, Darren just didn't want to show it. That would just further complicate things, if they could get more complicated.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:28 pm

The main reason why Ginevra wasn't really good at avoiding danger was because she was a klutz. No matter what, she ended up tripping at the wrong time or crashing into something. Really, they were all stupid little things but they did happen and she hated it. Ginevra was determined to get out of that routine. It would take work, of course. Being something that would be worth it in the end was what gave her even more motivation. Narrowing her eyes at Darren, the spots had changed. He was the one now trying to make the other feel guilty, not her. This was how it always worked, he was just better at it. Darren was better at everything, as far as she was concerned. Never would she admit that though, it just made her feel weak and if there was one thing she hated it was feeling not good enough, or like she couldn't do something to the best of her potential. "Tell me this. If she is kidnapped, and alive, what would you do? Seriously. Keep it from me? As there is no way in hell i'd let her rot there!" she exclaimed, her arms raising up while her eyebrows furrowed together in stress and frusteration. Darren knew her way too well. Going at the strategy he was could be the only way to really get to her, as if it was something she wasn't it was selfish. Ginevra was one of the most selfless people you would ever meet when it came down to it. She was very careless about her own life, and always had been. Others came first, as she wasn't afraid to get hurt or to die. She was aware of what he was trying to do but she did not mention this fact- her question's answer would be what determined what she was going to do, even if she had to do it with guilt on her back. The one thing she didn't notice was that Darren cared. She never noticed this type of thing because as far as she was concerned, it was normal not to care for her well-being, or for her in general. She just didn't see reason for it.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:35 am

Darren knew Gin quite well, he knew that making her feel guilty or something like that would work far better than asking her to do the sensible thing. He knew quite well she didn't have any common sense at all, and always ended up doing stupid things. Darren knew quite well Gin wasn't selfish, in fact, she was a little too selfless. However, she didn't seem to understand that others might be worried about her too when she did stupid things like that. Sure, Darren never showed it, it wasn't in his nature to show his emotions, but he was concerned about her. "Don't be stupid," he replied, as if that was a nonsensical question. Well, he didn't exactly know what he would do even if he did find her mother. Being a Slytherin to the core, Darren would never do anything for anyone else that would put himself in danger. Not even for his friends, he wasn't exactly a very heroic person, that stuff didn't make sense to him. So if there was danger in rescuing her mom, what would he do? He hadn't really thought about it but , perhaps he would just lie to Gin about her mother if there was danger in rescuing her. He cared about Gin after all, not her mother. "Don't worry, if she is kidnapped, I'll save her," he responded. He was lying, but he doubted that Gin would notice.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top